Today’s Campaign Update
(Because The Campaign Never Ends)
- Two fake reporters and a fake editor resigned from CNN on Monday amid the fallout from the #fakenews network’s having to retract and apologize for yet another fake story on what it likes to call “RussiaGate”. Interestingly, one of the fake reporters, a guy named Eric Lichtbau, had recently come to CNN from the equally fake NYTimes. Apparently, infesting the already fake CNN with the “standards” of the NYTimes only served to compound fakery on top of fakery. But don’t worry about CNN – journalism schools turn out thousands of great fake journalists every semester, so they’ll be able to just plug three more news fakers in and keep their fake news operation running like a finely-tuned fake machine.
- In case you hadn’t noticed (and most normal Americans haven’t), the White House has taken to holding most of its press briefings off-camera in recent weeks. This has set CNN’s prissy White House fake reporter, Jim Acosta, off on a series of on-air rants with several of CNN’s fake news hosts. Over the past week, Mr. Acosta has called White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer “worthless”, accused the White House of suppressing the news, and of “black-balling” him and his fake news network. Yesterday, after he had repeatedly heckled Spicer during the daily press briefing, Acosta found his seat moved to the back row at President Trump’s even with the Prime Minister of India later in the day.
- All of this brings to my mind the question of why the White House continues to allow Mr. Acosta and his fellow fake journalists at CNN access to the White House at all? In the wake of the recent Harvard study that found that CNN’s fake reporting on the Trump Administration is 93% hostile, it is more blatantly obvious than ever that Mr. Acosta and his CNN colleagues are nothing more than Democrat operatives with press credentials. CNN is, after all, the same network that fed debate questions to Hillary Clinton in advance during the campaign. If you are going to allow CNN to ask questions at daily press briefings, you might as well invite the DNC over to do the same.
- I’ve written this before, but it bears repeating: The President of the United States and his press people have an obligation to tell the truth to the American people, and keep them informed on what the Administration is doing. It is up to the Administration to decide how it will meet this obligation. No POTUS has any obligation whatsoever to legitimize any specific news outlet by granting it press credentials and access to the White House. When any news outlet makes a conscious decision to abandon all journalistic ethics and become nothing more than a propaganda arm for the opposition political party – which is exactly what CNN has done – then the POTUS has no reason or obligation to allow it continued access to the White House or any executive branch department of the government.
- CNN, the major TV networks, the NYTimes and the WaPo all continue to engage in their anti-journalistic practices for the simple reason that, to this point in time, they have had no accountability or consequences for doing so. The Trump Administration could change all of that by revoking the press passes of Mr. Acosta and everyone else from CNN, as Newt Gingrich has been advocating it do in recent weeks. It is long past time for these bad actors to face some consequences for their bad acts.
- Tired of winning yet? – Meanwhile, in a unanimous decision, the Supreme Court allowed most of the Trump Administration’s long-proposed travel ban on seven Muslim terrorist-supporting nations (as identified by the Obama Administration) to go into effect. In allowing the ban to go into effect, the 9 justices first had to conclude that, when they formally hear the case in the Fall, the Administration is very likely to prevail on the constitutional issue at hand, i.e., whether the current POTUS has the express authority to limit immigration any way he sees fit, as every other POTUS has had. If you marvel that there is even any question about this power, understand that it is only a question in the perverted minds of the Obama-appointed federal judges whose anti-constitutional lower court decisions in this case couldn’t even pass the laugh tests of the likes of Ruth Bader Ginsburg and Elena Kagan.
- The hilarious part about all of this is that the Administration’s proposed “ban” is really a proposal for a 90-day “pause” in immigration from the countries in question, and more than 180 days have now passed since it was initially proposed. In addition, more than 90 days will pass before the Supreme Court will even hear oral arguments in the case, since the Court does not reconvene until October. Thus, by the time the constitutional vagaries in this case have been fully adjudicated, the point will be moot. Welcome to the wonderful world of American jurisprudence.
Just another day in fake news media America.
That is all.
- Heat Street reports that the U.S. Supreme Court, thanks to an utterly idiotic ruling by the idiot majority on the idiot 10th Circuit Court of Appeals, may soon have to decide if school children can be arrested for fake belching in class. Thank God this case didn’t come up in 1967, or I would have probably spent a lifetime in prison. I swear I don’t make this stuff up.
- The fake editors at the NY Times approved an op/ed piece by someone named Lee Siegel. It’s headline: “For Liberals, Is It Time To Move To Norway?” To which I can only respond, yes, yes, a thousand times, yes. Go ruin Norway and leave us alone, please. Sadly, as we saw with all the unfulfilled promises by an array of b-list celebrities to desert America for greener pastures after Donald Trump won the election, liberals never actually follow through on threats such as this, so we’re probably stuck with them despite M. Siegel’s ruminations.
- Speculation continues in the fake news media that President Trump is considering shaking up his communications staff (as I suggested he needed to do last Friday), and cancel the White House daily press briefings (as I suggested he should do in January), causing the heads of fake journalists all over Washington to explode. Writing in the Washington Examiner, Becket Adams offers a very good rationale for why the latter should take place. See? It’s not just me.
- Former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper made the rounds of the Sunday morning talk shows, and had the following exchange in his predictably softball interview with fake CNN journalist Jake Tapper:
“In many ways, our institutions are under assault, both externally — and that’s the big news here, is the Russian interference in our election system. And I think as well our institutions are under assault internally,” Clapper said on CNN.
“Internally from the president?” Jake Tapper so helpfully asked.
“Exactly,” Clapper replied. “The Founding Fathers, in their genius, created a system of three co-equal branches of government and a built-in system of checks and balances. And I feel as though that’s under assault and is eroding.
So apparently, Mr. Clapper believes the three co-equal branches of government are 1) the President, 2) the FBI, and 3) the rest of the Deep State, which the President is attempting to clean up. He and I obviously didn’t have the same history teachers.
- Just to prove the Democrats have no intention of in any way altering their obstruction strategy on literally everything, Cryin’ Chuckie Schumer announced this morning that his Senate Democrats would filibuster any nominee – anyone who is nominated, period – unless the Justice Department appoints a special counsel to investigate the Democrats’ Russia fantasy. This presents Mitch McConnell a golden opportunity to rid the Republic of the filibuster for all presidential nominees, period, or to revert it back to the old pre-1977 rule, which required anyone wanting to mount a filibuster to actually get up and talk for as long as he or she wants to talk. The current fake filibuster rule, which allows any of the 100 preening peacocks who infest the U.S. Senate at any given time to simply raise his or her decrepit hand and halt the government’s business for an indeterminate amount of time, has become a tool for mendacity, and a menace to our society. It is long, long past time to get rid of the thing for good, though I would settle for a reversion back to the days when the word “filibuster” had actual meaning.
Just another weekend in fake filibuster America.
That is all.
- So, are you going to love the judge, or list the judge?: I don’t know about anyone else, but it is really difficult to even listen to these confirmation hearings for Judge Neil Gorsuch. The questioning and posturing by the Democrats has become so transparently fake and scripted that it’s become like watching one of those “Love it or List it” shows on HGTV. You know, one of those shows that is supposed to be “reality”, but is painful to watch because every word anyone on the show says is so obviously written by someone else and recited in a very stilted manner by someone who is not an actor. When that person is a near-invalid like Patrick Leahy, who obviously needs help identifying which shoe goes on which foot in the morning, or a rank mental midget like Rhode Island Senator Sheldon Whitehouse, it becomes even more painful to watch. Can’t someone coach these people up?
- Senator Smalley stands out in this crowd.: This is why, when I saw several followers on my Twitter account (@GDBlackmon) claiming that Sen. Al Franken was “the most serious” of the Democrats on the Judiciary Committee, it didn’t really surprise me. After all, Mr. Franken is the only trained actor of the entire bunch, and thus will naturally come across as most believable and serious when reading words fed to him by someone else. He’s been doing it his entire life.
- Here’s how bereft of talent the Democratic Party is: When they wanted someone to write a guest opinion piece in the Washington Post putting forth the thesis that “White House dishonesty is a threat to national security”, the party trotted out…wait for it…wait for it…former U.N. Ambassador Susan Rice! I swear I’m not making that up. Really, the lead person who went on every Sunday morning talk show purveying the abject lie that the 9/11/2012 assault on the U.S. embassy in Benghazi was instigated by an anti-Islam cartoon is who the Democrats consider to be their best voice for “honesty” in government. Seriously, you couldn’t make this stuff up if you wanted to.
- And here’s how bereft of any valid argument against confirming Judge Gorsuch the Democratic Party is: Judge Gorsuch’s incredibly astute performance in yesterday’s second day of hearings, during which none of the Democrats were able to lay a glove on him no matter how ridiculous their questioning became, obviously threw Cryin’ Chuckie Schumer into a panic. Left with no valid reason to oppose the Judge’s nomination, Schumer trotted out a new argument: Because our bi-polar FBI Director James Comey claims (though why anyone would believe a word Mr. Comey says at this point is beyond all reason) that his agency is still investigating the fake Russia/Trump campaign non-connection, we just can’t place President Trump’s nominee onto the court. Naturally, the Fake Indian Senator from Massachusetts expressed her agreement via smoke signals (or maybe it was on Twitter) late in the evening. *sigh*
- ummm…shouldn’t there be, like, a warning sign or something?: An Idaho boy was injured when he was hit with cyanide spray from a device designed to ward off coyotes and other predators of farm animals. The boy’s dog was killed by the spray. The spring loaded device activated when the boy walked up to it out of curiosity and touched it. The device had been placed there by the U.S. Department of Agriculture. Your federal government in action.
Just another day in Trump Derangement Syndrome America.
That is all.