Today’s Campaign Update
(Because The Campaign Never Ends)
- Tired of winning yet? Part I – The stock market indexes all closed at all-time record highs on Tuesday, marking about the 7,953rd time that has happened since Donald Trump was elected to the presidency. (yawn)
- Tired of winning yet? Part II – (This one is personal to me.) The U.S. soccer team failed to make it into the upcoming World Cup competition because the team fielded by the most powerful nation on earth could not defeat the team from…wait for it…wait for it…Trinidad and Tobago! I am so relieved! Now I won’t have to suffer through a year of half the people I know doing a bunch of virtue signaling about how much they just love this sport to which they pay literally no attention at all in 3 out of every 4 years. And I won’t have to see highlights of players from countries I’ve never even heard of faking major knee injuries so they can draw a yellow card, and then jumping up after 30 seconds and running off the field. And I won’t have to hear anyone tell me what a ‘beautiful’ and ‘exciting’ sport this incredibly tiresome, unendingly boring, tedious wreck of a game is. Thank God for this favor – I am incredibly grateful. Go, Trinidad and Tobago!
- Tired of winning yet? Part III – The U.S. Supreme Court dismissed the challenge to President Trump’s travel ban late Tuesday after months of idiotic and baseless litigation instigated by leftist Democrat state attorney generals and supported by leftist Obama appointee federal judges who hold no respect for the constitution. Cool.
- Tired of winning yet? Part IV – A few hours after President Donald J. Trump (I never get tired of typing that) issued a tweet early Tuesday morning questioning the current tax subsidies received by the National Football League, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell sent a memo to all 32 league team owners instructing them that “all players should stand for the national anthem.” Coincidence? I think not.
- Goodell’s move, of course, comes a little bit more than a year too late. It comes after the NFL has lost around 20% of its audience since currently unemployed ex-49ers QB Colin Kaepernick first did his attention-seeking kneel-down during the anthem at the behest of his marxist girlfriend on August 26, 2016. It comes after Goodell and the 32 owners stood silently by doing nothing as Kaepernick’s silly sideshow act slowly gained imitators at other teams as the 2016 season went along, and after the dam literally broke and disrespecting the flag and anthem became a league-wide fad this season.
- Goodell’s move comes after the NFL’s reputation as “America’s Game”, a title it had held for at least 40 years, had been tossed into the trash can, as the league has now been surpassed in public approval by both Major League Baseball and, at least temporarily, by the National Basketball Association. His memo comes after a month of acrimony between the league and the President of the United States, who has repeatedly urged the league to force the players to show a little respect for the country that has made them so fabulously wealthy and famous, and following Sunday’s walk-out of a game between the Colts and 49ers by Vice President Mike Pence. Goodell’s memo comes only after NFL teams all over the country have played games before half-empty stadiums that used to be host to standing-room-only crowds week after week.
- The sad part of all of this, if you’re an NFL fan like I used to be, is that every bit of this could have been completely avoided had Goodell, on August 27, 2016, made a phone call to the idiot owner of the San Francisco 49ers, and instructed him to bench a single player for a single game if he would not stand for the national anthem. But Goodell is a progressive moron, and didn’t have the sense to do that. Because of that, we have for the last 13 months witnessed what is without a doubt the greatest self-inflicted wound in the history of organized sports, a wound from which the NFL may never really recover. Tough.
- Meanwhile, in Harvey Weinstein news… – The proverbial dam really broke Tuesday on the Harvey Weinstein scandal, as all the no-guts celebrities and politicians who knew about this scumbag all along but lacked the courage to do anything about it suddenly found their voices now that the big Hollywood muckety-muck no longer holds any power over them. Most of them still lied about the matter, claiming to be ‘shocked’ and ‘appalled’, but they all knew. Hell, Weistein’s behavior towards women was such common knowledge that Seth McFarlane joked about it on national TV during the Oscar ceremonies in 2013, and Tina Fey was writing gag lines about it on the TV show 30 Rock.
- But as I told you a couple of days ago, Weinstein will be right back working in Hollywood within a year. Right on cue, as his world was seemingly crumbling around him, he told the people at the New York Post’s Page 6 that he was flying off to a rehab clinic somewhere in Europe (Hey, maybe Roman Polanski can be his therapist!) and promised them that he was already planning on resuming his career in 2018.
- If you doubt he’ll be able to achieve that, well, just watch. Weinstein is a leftist icon, and the political left will always try to rehabilitate its icons regardless of how badly they act. Hell, they re-elected Bill Clinton to the presidency for a second term, do you think they’ll just toss a major donor like good ol’ Harvey aside because he abused a few women? Don’t kid yourselves. These are progressives we’re talking about here. No amount of depravity is too much for these people.
Just another day in Trump just keeps winning America.
That is all.
Today’s Campaign Update
(Because The Campaign Never Ends)
- Tired of winning yet? – the Dow closed at yet another all-time record high on Tuesday, now approaching the 22,000 level. It has now risen almost 20% since Election Day. Second quarter GDP growth – the first full quarter of the Trump presidency – was pegged at 2.6%, equaling the highest growth rate the economy ever saw during Barack Obama’s 8-year regulatory free-for-all. We should expect to see even higher growth rates as the current administration continues to remove the regulatory shackles from the nation’s industries.
- Couldn’t happen to a nicer guy. – Sara Carter at Circa News, one of the handful of real working journalists still active in the nation’s capital, reports that former Obama National Security Advisor Ben Rhodes has been added to the House Intelligence Committee’s growing list of suspects in the illegal unmasking investigation. Rhodes joins the mugshot lineup that already includes Obama-era luminaries like Samantha Power, John Brennan and Susan Rice. You may remember Rhodes, who is most famous for openly admitting to an interviewer that the Obama Administration and fake news media regularly coordinated narratives and messages.
- My God, dude, have you no life at all? – After President Trump used the term “Paddy Wagon” in a speech to law enforcement officials last week, the fake editors at the Washington Post thought it would be a great idea to run a 700 word dissertation by some guy named James Mulvaney about why this “slur” is “insulting…to Irish Americans”. Mr. Mulvaney, like almost every leftist in the United States, has no sense of humor. Fair warning to parents of college-age children with law-degree aspirations: Mulvaney is adjunct professor at John Jay College of Criminal Justice, at least if the WaPo can be believed on that point, which as we have found, is an unsafe assumption at best. The lesson here is, don’t let your kids attend John Jay College.
- Wait, wasn’t Bain Capital the Devil to you guys just 5 years ago? – Don’t look now, but Politico reports that Barack Obama has decided that the Democrats’ best hope to run against Donald Trump in 2020 is…wait for it…wait for it…DEVAL PATRICK! What’s that? The name sounds sort familiar but you really have no idea who that is? Yeah, that’s the point. For those who, like me, had a hard time recalling exactly who this clown is while reading that story, Mr. Patrick is an ex-Governor of Massachusetts, something that, in addition to being an executive at Bain Capital, he has in common with Mitt Romney. You remember Bain Capital, right? That’s the firm that, in 2012, was portrayed by the Obama campaign and the fake news media as representing everything that is wrong with America. Five years later, it’s no big deal. But whatever, trust me on this: If the 2020 Democrat field is made up of 80 year-old communist Bernie Sanders, 74 year-old lifetime criminal Hillary Clinton, 70 year-old fake Indian Elizabeth Warren and an obscure ex-Governor of Massachusetts, the Party might as well not even bother.
- How did this get into the NYTimes? – Don’t look now, but a member of the editorial staff at the NYTimes somehow slipped an op-ed piece past his colleagues titled “When Progressives Embrace Hate”. Nevermind, of course, that American progressives have embraced hate since the day American progressives became a thing, this is the NYTimes we’re talking about here. This is actual (pardon the pun) progress! The editor, Bari Weiss, writes about 800 words about how awful it is that the organizers of the Women’s March last January included the hate-mongering Islamist Linda Sarsour, and how repugnant it is that this hateful woman continues to be embraced by American progressives. That’s all true, and it is indeed nice of at least one person on the NYTimes editorial board to finally notice Ms. Sarsour’s true nature, but it’s hilarious that Ms. Weiss thinks this is all somehow a surprise. Had she been paying any attention at all, she would know that the entire progressive philosophy is based on hate. But, to quote the great John McClain, “Welcome to the party, pal.”
Just another day in fake news media America.
That is all.
Today’s Campaign Update
(Because The Campaign Never Ends)
- On Monday, the Democrats rolled out their new Papa Johns-plagiarized slogan: “A Better Deal: Better Jobs, Better Wages, Better Future.” The slogan was so silly, so hokey, so obviously not having to do with anything today’s Democrat Party is all about that even the Democrat operatives at MSNBC mocked it mercilessly (though CNN dutifully played along). The Party’s strategy, of course, was to yet again attempt to fool the American people that it had a focus on jobs and helping the average American have a better life. The truth, of course, is that the Party and its agenda were long ago co-opted by Social Justice Warriors and Enviro-Nazis, which is the fundamental reason why the Republican Party holds every lever of power in the nation’s capital today.
- But Chuck Schumer, Nancy Pelosi and the lunatics who are in charge of the DNC know they can’t actually change their focus to things that actually make a difference in Americans’ daily lives, so instead they paid some consultant millions of dollars to paraphrase a slogan off a Papa John’s pizza box. Now, they thought, we can focus on our nifty new slogan, and pretend we care about the middle class! It’ll be awesome! High fives were flying at DNC Headquarters. But then, on Wednesday, the President started tweeting….
- …and part of his daily tweet storm that day was a two-tweet announcement that the U.S. military would no longer accept trans-gender applicants and force the U.S. middle class taxpayers to foot the bill for their trans-gender surgeries while they served. In response, the Democrats and their agents who make up 98% of the nation’s news media went stark raving mad. The Party’s focus was right back in the hands of the SJWs, the efforts to change the subject instantly forgotten.
- Slogan? What slogan?
- Tired of winning yet? – The Taiwanese company FoxConn announced it is investing more than $10 billion in a new manufacturing plant in Wisconsin, a move that will create 13,000 American jobs. President Trump wisely held a joint announcement in the White House with the company’s CEO. Immediately after, heads could be heard exploding all over CNN headquarters in Atlanta.
- Tired of winning yet, Part II? – On Wednesday, the Dow, the NASDAQ and the S&P 500 indices all reached all-time highs. The fake news media – except for Fox News – were all too busy screaming about presidential tweets to notice.
- The NYPost reports that Dancing With The Stars is currently in negotiations with…wait for it….wait for it…SEAN SPICER! That. Is. Awesome. Go for it, big guy.
- Kid Rock, who is running for the U.S. Senate in Michigan against the execrable Debbie Stabenow, announced on his website that he will be registering people to vote…at his performances! Those loud noises you heard yesterday were heads exploding at DNC Headquarters. Yeah, they were exploding over the President’s tweets, but they would have exploded over this, too, had they had the chance.
- After 9 Republican senators voted against the initial Obamacare repeal and replace bill on Tuesday evening, 7 GOP senators compounded the Party’s mendacity by joining all Democrats in voting down a repeal-only bill on Wednesday. Five of those seven had voted for the exact same bill in the past when they knew Barack Obama would veto it: Lisa Murkowski, John McCain, Rob Portman, Shelly Capito, and Lamar Alexander. Dean Heller of Nevada wasn’t around in the Obama years, so he gets a pass on the hypocrisy, and, as I mentioned yesterday, Susan Collins has never in the past voted in favor of Obamacare repeal, consistently siding with her soulmates in the Democrat Party. Hopefully, all seven will receive strong primary challengers. They deserve them.
Just another day in Democrat heads exploding and fake Republican mendacity America.
That is all.