- Heat Street reports that the U.S. Supreme Court, thanks to an utterly idiotic ruling by the idiot majority on the idiot 10th Circuit Court of Appeals, may soon have to decide if school children can be arrested for fake belching in class. Thank God this case didn’t come up in 1967, or I would have probably spent a lifetime in prison. I swear I don’t make this stuff up.
- The fake editors at the NY Times approved an op/ed piece by someone named Lee Siegel. It’s headline: “For Liberals, Is It Time To Move To Norway?” To which I can only respond, yes, yes, a thousand times, yes. Go ruin Norway and leave us alone, please. Sadly, as we saw with all the unfulfilled promises by an array of b-list celebrities to desert America for greener pastures after Donald Trump won the election, liberals never actually follow through on threats such as this, so we’re probably stuck with them despite M. Siegel’s ruminations.
- Speculation continues in the fake news media that President Trump is considering shaking up his communications staff (as I suggested he needed to do last Friday), and cancel the White House daily press briefings (as I suggested he should do in January), causing the heads of fake journalists all over Washington to explode. Writing in the Washington Examiner, Becket Adams offers a very good rationale for why the latter should take place. See? It’s not just me.
- Former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper made the rounds of the Sunday morning talk shows, and had the following exchange in his predictably softball interview with fake CNN journalist Jake Tapper:
“In many ways, our institutions are under assault, both externally — and that’s the big news here, is the Russian interference in our election system. And I think as well our institutions are under assault internally,” Clapper said on CNN.
“Internally from the president?” Jake Tapper so helpfully asked.
“Exactly,” Clapper replied. “The Founding Fathers, in their genius, created a system of three co-equal branches of government and a built-in system of checks and balances. And I feel as though that’s under assault and is eroding.
So apparently, Mr. Clapper believes the three co-equal branches of government are 1) the President, 2) the FBI, and 3) the rest of the Deep State, which the President is attempting to clean up. He and I obviously didn’t have the same history teachers.
- Just to prove the Democrats have no intention of in any way altering their obstruction strategy on literally everything, Cryin’ Chuckie Schumer announced this morning that his Senate Democrats would filibuster any nominee – anyone who is nominated, period – unless the Justice Department appoints a special counsel to investigate the Democrats’ Russia fantasy. This presents Mitch McConnell a golden opportunity to rid the Republic of the filibuster for all presidential nominees, period, or to revert it back to the old pre-1977 rule, which required anyone wanting to mount a filibuster to actually get up and talk for as long as he or she wants to talk. The current fake filibuster rule, which allows any of the 100 preening peacocks who infest the U.S. Senate at any given time to simply raise his or her decrepit hand and halt the government’s business for an indeterminate amount of time, has become a tool for mendacity, and a menace to our society. It is long, long past time to get rid of the thing for good, though I would settle for a reversion back to the days when the word “filibuster” had actual meaning.
Just another weekend in fake filibuster America.
That is all.
- Panicked over Democrat threats to shut down the government if they did not get each and every one of their spending priorities, congressional Republicans did what they pretty much always do and caved like a bunch of Frenchmen at the first sign of adversity, spent more than a trillion dollars of your money, and allowed Chuck Schumer and Nancy Pelosi to hold celebratory press conferences declaring victory for their tiny minority party. Even worse, President Donald Trump signed the atrocity, which spends your money like a drunken sailor on shore leave through the end of September, into law. It’s a disgrace, plain and simple, and if you don’t have utter contempt for the GOP congress after this latest in a long, long line of budgetary fiascos, I don’t know what to say to you.
- This was an enormous lost opportunity for President Trump, who should have laughed at the bill, which does not contain a single one of his stated spending priorities, and sent it back to Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell in shreds. There is absolutely no smart political reason for Donald Trump to fear the shut down of what amounts to 14% of the federal government. What, is he going to get some bad press if he lets the Democrats do that? My God, bad press is the only kind of press he gets. It’s how he got elected, for crying out loud.
- I have no idea which of his senior people advised him to capitulate in this way, but whomever it is needs firing. Because these people have no earthly idea why Donald Trump is president in the first place (Clue: He got elected to SHUT DOWN THE GOVERNMENT in situations exactly like this), and is sadly succeeding in making the President forget why as well.
- Yesterday was a really bad day for President Trump, and a truly awful day for America, because it showed the President is losing focus on why he was elected in the first place. We’d all better hope he gets that focus back very quickly. You expect this kind of limp-wristed nonsense from congressional Republicans, but you didn’t vote for Donald Trump so that he could sign onto it as well.
- I’m too pissed off to write about anything else. Sorry. I’ll try to do better tomorrow.
Just another day in RINO congress America.
That is all.
- Remember, if a Democrat is guilty of some wrong-doing, the first thing he does is accuse a Republican of the same behavior: Guests at a swanky New York restaurant reported that Chuck Schumer chased a couple of diners there from the establishment Sunday evening, because they voted for Donald Trump. Several guests heard Schumer questioning how they could do that, because “he’s a liar!” Schumer’s belief about the President’s honesty may be heartfelt, at least to the extent he actually possesses a heart, but that did not prevent him from enjoying the free drinks and hors d’ouvres at the East Room of the White House at a reception just 24 hours later.
- That’s true, Mr. President, but you’re not supposed to say it.: Upon finding out about Schumer’s restaurant outburst, President Trump called Schumer the Democratic Party’s “Head Clown.” Upon learning of the President’s retort, California Rep. Maxine Waters felt highly insulted.
- Remember, if Democrats see a Republican member of congress performing effectively, the first thing they do is demonize him.: House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes continues to be the target of a focused demonization campaign by the Democrats and their agents in the fake news media, to the point now where Democrats on the committee are now refusing to participate in hearings, and even to read the intelligence they have been provided which demonstrates that the Trump Transition Team was indeed under surveillance by the Obama Administration. Saul Alinsky would be proud.
- The target has moved.: Everyone should note that the Democrats’ demand on the Trump/Russia fantasy has now shifted from “we want a special prosecutor” to “we want a special Commission“. This shift took place after Jeff Sessions was confirmed to become Attorney General and began filling key roles there with people who aren’t loyal to Barack Obama. Their fear of a special prosecutor is that Sessions would appoint someone who is not a creature of the DC establishment, and thus might conduct an honest inquiry into the matter. With a special Commission, however, the Democrats know that they and establishment Republicans will be able to pack such a thing with their establishment cronies who, as we saw with the 9/11 Commission, will be perfectly happy to produce a fake report on the matter. Remember, the goal is here is not just to de-legitimize President Trump, it is to ultimately impeach him. The Establishment can’t do that unless it has “proof” of the Trump/Russia fantasy, even if the “proof” is fake.
- Now, that’s what I call breaking a drought!: But hey, there’s good news out there, too. The Mirror reports that Mexico has invented a cloud that rains tequila! No word if the Mexican government plans to park this party cloud over construction crews in order to slow construction of President Trump’s border wall, but they should.
Just another day in Saul Alinsky America, and Jose Cuervo Mexico.
That is all.
Photo Credit: Mirror.com
Some actual serious commentary on this serious Friday morning:
- It’s seeming increasingly likely that House Speaker Paul Ryan is indeed working to sabotage the effort to repeal and replace Obamacare, as has long been rumored. Absent that motivation, it’s hard to explain why any Speaker would call a vote for what is supposed to be one of his two top priorities for the session before he knows he has the votes in-hand. But that’s exactly what the Speaker did yesterday, only to cancel the scheduled vote late in the afternoon when it became obvious the votes weren’t there. A very smart lawyer once told me that you don’t ask a question unless you know what the answer is going to be. Ryan’s not a lawyer, but, dayum that was a stupid move.
- The punishment for everyone else in the House is that they have to stay over in Washington DC through Friday and actually work a full week for once. That’s always upsetting to our ruling class legislators, who are accustomed to flying out to DC on Monday mornings and flying out of DC on Thursday afternoons, for what normally amounts to the equivalent of a 3 day work week. Whether the hardship of an extra day of work will change any recalcitrant minds on this vote remains to be seen. But the Speaker and President Trump are demanding a vote today, so we will find out very soon.
- The alternative to acting on this legislation is to allow Obamacare to completely implode, which it is in the process of doing, exploding the federal debt even further in the process. Republicans in DC worry that that will mean big losses for them at the polling places in November 2018. Ordinary Americans should worry about what that means for those among us who desperately need their medical insurance due to ongoing significant health issues. If Republicans fail to fix the current atrocity of a system after seven years of rank demagoguery on the issue, then they will deserve what the get in the mid-term elections.
- James Rosen of Fox News, one of the few remaining actual working journalists in the nation’s capitol, reported late yesterday that the National Security Agency – which, unlike the FBI, has been cooperating with the House Intelligence Committee’s investigations – is going to provide members of that committee with “smoking gun” evidence that Barack Obama’s evil minions did indeed spy upon the Trump Transition Team, illegally un-mask American citizens in that process, and illegally share the intel collected within the Obama Administration and outside of it. According to Rosen, that information will be shared with committee members as early as today. Rosen also reports that ranking Democrat on the committee, Rep. Adam Schiff, has already been briefed on the intel yesterday, which may explain why he quit making his prior wild allegations to any fake reporter he could find yesterday.
- If Mr. Rosen’s reporting is correct – and his track record is very good – it might explain why then-President Obama issued an order in early January which dramatically increased the number of people in his administration who could legally share this kind of confidential intel information involving American citizens. The cynic in me thinks that he and his evil minions probably woke up one morning realizing this stuff had been illegally viewed by several people, and decided to make that change in order to provide some legal cover for them. Where the Obama people are concerned, the cynic in me has, if anything, consistently underestimated their capacity for mendacity over the last 9 years.
- Also, if Mr. Rosen’s reporting is correct, we’re going to have months of high-profile prosecutions of members of the Obama Administration, which will cause the fake news media to become even more virulent and insane than it has already been. These people have their entire senses of self-worth vested in the virtual canonization of Mr. Obama and his evil minions, and they will relentlessly demonize anyone who goes after them, regardless of the evidence at hand.
- If Mr. Rosen’s reporting is not correct, and there is no “smoking gun” to support the claims made Wednesday by Rep. Devin Nunes, then his days at chairman of the House Intelligence Committee are probably numbered, and they should be.
- Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer announced yesterday that his caucus will indeed filibuster the nomination of Judge John Gorsuch to fill the vacant seat on the Supreme Court. This is an idiotic decision since Mr. Gorsuch handled himself so ably during his hearings, but senate Democrats are now so beholden to the radical, rage-filled leftists who fund their campaigns that they really have little choice. So they’ll gladly walk this plank to keep that campaign money flowing in.
- But wait – Mitch McConnell could bail them out! Later in the day, Schumer made it known that he was offering a compromise to the Senate Majority Leader: The Ds would allow Gorsuch’s nomination to be confirmed if McConnell promises not to do away with the filibuster on any future Supreme Court nominations by President Trump. If Sen. McConnell falls for this deal, then the Republican Party will be revealed as being well and truly worthless to millions of ordinary Americans who voted them into office in the last three election cycles, and gave them their current majority in the Senate.
Just another day in do-nothing Congress America.
That is all.
- So, are you going to love the judge, or list the judge?: I don’t know about anyone else, but it is really difficult to even listen to these confirmation hearings for Judge Neil Gorsuch. The questioning and posturing by the Democrats has become so transparently fake and scripted that it’s become like watching one of those “Love it or List it” shows on HGTV. You know, one of those shows that is supposed to be “reality”, but is painful to watch because every word anyone on the show says is so obviously written by someone else and recited in a very stilted manner by someone who is not an actor. When that person is a near-invalid like Patrick Leahy, who obviously needs help identifying which shoe goes on which foot in the morning, or a rank mental midget like Rhode Island Senator Sheldon Whitehouse, it becomes even more painful to watch. Can’t someone coach these people up?
- Senator Smalley stands out in this crowd.: This is why, when I saw several followers on my Twitter account (@GDBlackmon) claiming that Sen. Al Franken was “the most serious” of the Democrats on the Judiciary Committee, it didn’t really surprise me. After all, Mr. Franken is the only trained actor of the entire bunch, and thus will naturally come across as most believable and serious when reading words fed to him by someone else. He’s been doing it his entire life.
- Here’s how bereft of talent the Democratic Party is: When they wanted someone to write a guest opinion piece in the Washington Post putting forth the thesis that “White House dishonesty is a threat to national security”, the party trotted out…wait for it…wait for it…former U.N. Ambassador Susan Rice! I swear I’m not making that up. Really, the lead person who went on every Sunday morning talk show purveying the abject lie that the 9/11/2012 assault on the U.S. embassy in Benghazi was instigated by an anti-Islam cartoon is who the Democrats consider to be their best voice for “honesty” in government. Seriously, you couldn’t make this stuff up if you wanted to.
- And here’s how bereft of any valid argument against confirming Judge Gorsuch the Democratic Party is: Judge Gorsuch’s incredibly astute performance in yesterday’s second day of hearings, during which none of the Democrats were able to lay a glove on him no matter how ridiculous their questioning became, obviously threw Cryin’ Chuckie Schumer into a panic. Left with no valid reason to oppose the Judge’s nomination, Schumer trotted out a new argument: Because our bi-polar FBI Director James Comey claims (though why anyone would believe a word Mr. Comey says at this point is beyond all reason) that his agency is still investigating the fake Russia/Trump campaign non-connection, we just can’t place President Trump’s nominee onto the court. Naturally, the Fake Indian Senator from Massachusetts expressed her agreement via smoke signals (or maybe it was on Twitter) late in the evening. *sigh*
- ummm…shouldn’t there be, like, a warning sign or something?: An Idaho boy was injured when he was hit with cyanide spray from a device designed to ward off coyotes and other predators of farm animals. The boy’s dog was killed by the spray. The spring loaded device activated when the boy walked up to it out of curiosity and touched it. The device had been placed there by the U.S. Department of Agriculture. Your federal government in action.
Just another day in Trump Derangement Syndrome America.
That is all.