- The people of Atlanta did the smart thing today with their decrepit, run-down old domed football stadium: They imploded it. Hopefully, this will serve as an object lesson to the people of Houston, who keep spending millions of dollars on goofy schemes to turn the Astrodome into a parking lot or a hotel or a park. Stop the madness, people!
- Hey, y’all, Oakland Raiders running back Marshawn Lynch actually stood for the national anthem on Sunday! Wait, what’s that? The game was played in Mexico City and it was the Mexican national anthem? He stood for that after sitting on the bench while the Star Spangled Banner was played? Is Marshawn Lynch a Mexican citizen? No? Well, did Mexico do something to help him become the fabulously wealthy ignoramus he is today? No? I’m so confused. Let’s move on.
- Ok, but there is good news today: Charles Manson finally died. So that’s something. The only shame of it is that he got to live to the ripe old age of 83 before it happened. Better late than never.
- He isn’t resigning his senate seat over his sexual harassment scandal, but I’m sure you ladies will all be thrilled to know that Al Franken is promising to do “a lot of reflecting” – according to his spokesman – over the holidays. Because, you know, if he can just lay low and “reflect” for the next week or so, he’s hoping this will all have blown over. And given that he’s a Democrat, and his buddies at all our fake news media outlets are going to coordinate efforts and talking points with him, he might succeed.
- Why are any random gatherings of Democrats inevitably such cesspits of sexual harassment? – A woman in New York is charging that Governor Andrew Cuomo looked the other way as one of his employees sexually intimidated and harassed her for years:
- “In a shocking Manhattan federal court lawsuit filed Saturday, Lisa Marie Cater alleges former Empire State Development Corp. regional president William “Sam” Hoyt got her a job at the DMV and then leveraged it to “manipulate, sexually harass and sexually assault” her.The bombshell complaint — which names Cuomo and Hoyt as defendants — says Cater contacted Cuomo’s office no less than six times but met “deliberate indifference.”
- In all seriousness, we now have so many sexual harassment charges popping up against Democrat officeholders and Democrat supporters in Hollywood on a daily basis that it has become impossible to keep up with. Yes, the fake news media is myopically focused on the allegations against Republican senate candidate Roy Moore, but he is without question the exception to the emerging rule that sexual harassment of women, much like voter fraud, is almost solely the province of liberal Democrats.
- What is it in the liberal male mind that makes them think it’s OK to abuse women? Do they think that, because they put up the public pretense of supporting “women’s issues” like abortion on demand that that somehow gives them a get out of jail free card when they try to force themselves on the nearest person wearing a skirt?
- Well, maybe they do. What is it about the liberal women who enable this kind of behavior in liberal men? Hillary Clinton has spent decades handling her husband’s myriad “bimbo eruptions”, brutally attacking any woman who charged him with abuse. When the Monica Lewinsky scandal erupted, Gloria Steinem famously penned a NY Times op/ed piece in support of the abuser, not of the women who wanted to be believed. Why? Because, as Steinem admitted directly in her piece, Clinton was “right” on the issues.
- That was 20 years ago, but this enabling behavior continues in liberal women today. Over this past weekend, we had the spectacle of the liberal nitwit celebrity Lena Dunham, who has spent the last decade shrieking (she always seems to be shrieking) that women who accuse men of this behavior must be believed, writing a letter in support of the man, when a writer for her TV show happened to be the one accused of harassment. See, the woman must be believed, unless the woman is accusing someone Lena Dunham likes.
- And then there are all these women in the fake news media who have been making up excuses for Al Franken’s horrid behavior over the last several days, because, like Clinton, he’s in favor of killing babies at full term.
- So, what is it in the minds of liberal men who think it’s fine to abuse women, and what is it in the minds of liberal women who want to keep enabling them? Easy: Politics. When you think it through to its logical conclusion, the answer is crystal clear.
Just another day in liberals politicize everything America.
That is all.
Follow me on Twitter at @GDBlackmon
Today’s news moves at a faster pace than ever. is my go-to source for keeping up with all the latest events in real time.
Today’s Campaign Update
(Because The Campaign Never Ends)
It occurs to me this morning that, in the midst of all the hoopla over the unmasking of Trump campaign participants by the evil Obama minions, Donald Trump, both as candidate and as President, has actually perpetrated the greatest unmasking campaign in American history. Bear with me here – this is going to take about 700 words to explain:
- Hey, what if the NFL had a game and all the players stood for the national anthem? I didn’t watch, but apparently that’s what happened on Thursday night, as the backlash from fans to all the idiotic kneeling nonsense has created a sudden wave of patriotic panic, er, fervor among NFL players and executives.
- Sorry guys, but it’s really just too late. You’ve allowed your social justice warrior players to dismiss about 20% of your fan base over the past two seasons, and most of them just aren’t coming back. Your lame explanations for your unpatriotic actions fell on deaf ears for one simple reason: The blue collar, middle class, very patriotic guys and gals who make up the biggest part of your fan base are becoming increasingly “woke”, as all the kids and SJWs like to put it, thanks mainly to the guy they put in the White House. In other words, you’ve been unmasked by Donald Trump.
- That public woke-ness means that the standard lines of BS propaganda aren’t going to work on your fans like they used to, and it will probably take you the rest of this season and maybe longer to figure that out. By the time you do figure that out, your players’ antics, leftist commentators and boring, tedious games will probably have alienated another 10-15% of your previous audience, and your contract re-negotiations with the TV networks in 2020 will become a horrifying situation for you. And that’s good, because you richly deserve the fate you have created for yourselves. You’ve earned it.
- Speaking of standard lines of BS not working on the average American, The Washington Post reports on a new study conducted by professors at Cal-Berkeley and Stanford that reveals what anyone who really watched Donald Trump’s campaign flogging of Hillary Clinton and her billion dollar ad machine already knows: that “Advertising and campaign contacts have almost no measurable persuasive impact, at least in general elections.” Go figure.
- Throughout the 2015 and 2016 campaign, I repeatedly pointed out that the reason why we saw literally every political professional and advertising executive rooting for Hillary was due to the simple fact that Donald Trump was proving them to be a waste of time and money. He wasn’t using these people, other than a revolving door of a handful of senior advisors, because he didn’t need them.
- Trump’s whole campaign consisted of getting up at 4 in the morning, doing telephone interviews on Fox, CNN and MSNBC before Hillary’s alarm clock had gone off, then hopping on his jet and flying off for 2 or 3 raucus campaign rallies in different states every day. By noon each day, Trump had personally touched more voters than Hillary’s pervasive, ubiquitous advertising budget could touch in a week.
- So the DC political campaign and advertising class hated Trump – and still hates him – because he clearly demonstrated that they are pretty much all a waste of time and money. He totally unmasked them.
- This new study further reinforces what Trump already knew: “The best estimate for the persuasive effects of campaign contact and advertising — such as mail, phone calls, and canvassing — on Americans’ candidate choices in general elections is zero,” Kalla and Broockman write. “Our best guess for online and television advertising is also zero, but there is less evidence” in these cases.
- The GOP runoff election in Alabama this week provides further support for this conclusion. Luther Strange was able to out-spend Roy Moore by about 6 to 1 on advertising, thanks to huge injections of money from the DC political class. But he lost by 10% of the vote despite the supposed advantages of incumbency and influence and even the wrong-headed endorsement from President Trump for the simple reason that he was identified by the voters as being a tool of that same DC political class. In other words, he had been unmasked.
- The big takeaway here is this: The main reason why President Trump is so viscerally hated by so many different classes of people is because he has systematically shown the public their true nature. The NFL hates him because he’s called out their league’s utter lack of patriotism; the fake news media hates him because he’s called out its rampant dishonesty; the Democrats hate him because he’s called them out for their anti-American mendacity; the establishment Republicans hate him because he’s called out their laziness and ineffectiveness; and the DC political campaign and advertising class hates him because he’s revealed their irrelevance.
- It’s the greatest unmasking in American political history. Real Americans should be very thankful to the President for his willingness to take the time to do it.
Just another day in unmasked America.
That is all.
Today’s Campaign Update
(Because The Campaign Never Ends)
- Former Alabama Supreme Court Justice Roy Moore easily won yesterday’s GOP primary in his home state, beating interim senator Luther Strange a 55-45 margin. Strange, a former state attorney general, had been the Republican establishment’s occupant in the seat since Jeff Sessions was appointed by President Trump to become Attorney General, where he is busy indicting college basketball coaches and chasing pot smokers, while at the same time ignoring the criminal behavior of a wide variety of Obama Administration officials and former FBI directors.
- President Trump had agreed to endorse Mr. Strange as a favor to Sessions and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, who knew Strange would be far easier to control than Justice Moore. The GOP establishment in Washington and the “real conservatives”, i.e., Never Trump morons at the National Review and Weekly Standard, had all gotten behind Big Luther as well, mainly because they knew he would be more loyal McConnell than to the President. But President Trump clearly preferred Mr. Moore, and everyone, including Strange and McConnell, knew it.
- Going into the primary, an increasingly desperate GOP establishment issued stern warnings, telling voters to vote for their preferred milquetoast candidate because, well, he would be so much more electable against Democrat Doug Jones in the special election that takes place on December 12. Why do they make that specious claim? Well, because, uh, well, ummmm…because, er, uh, because they like Luther better!!!!!! Seriously, I have no idea, and neither do they.
- But the establishment, undeterred by its utter inability to reason logically – which makes it look increasingly like a bunch of Democrats (mere coincidence?) – took it even further. They told voters that a win by Moore would make it more likely that a bunch of pro-Trump people would be nominated for senate offices in 2018, and that, for some reason they also don’t really explain, would somehow make it more difficult for the GOP to retain and even expand its majority in the Senate in the 2018 midterm elections.
- Wait, what? Did I miss something? Haven’t we just been through two years during which Donald Trump first swept to the Republican presidential nomination, in the process defeating a field of 16 mostly milquetoast establishment opponents, and then slobber-knocked The Most Corrupt Woman in America in the general election? What part of that are GOP voters supposed to ignore?
- McConnell and his do-nothing minions in the establishment claim to worry that the President’s current poll ratings, which sit in the low-to-mid 40s, mean that the Party needs to nominate a slate of candidates that are less loyal to Mr. Trump and more loyal to the DC Swamp. Mind you, this reasoning comes from a Senator – Mr. McConnell – whose own approval rating in his home state of Kentucky is below 20%, mainly because of his refusal to do what is necessary to enact the Trump agenda. Overall, the approval rating for Republicans in congress seldom gets into double digits in opinion polls, mainly for the very same reason.
- So yeah, it makes perfect sense that GOP voters would want to nominate a bunch of establishment squishes who would follow Mitch McConnell around on a leash, expand the DC swamp they elected Trump to destroy, and help Mitch get nothing done for another six years. Seriously, do these people ever look at themselves in a mirror, even for a moment?
- One can only wonder what Mr. McConnell and the Bill Kristols and Stephen Hayes’s and Karl Roves of the world will tell us after Roy Moore wins December’s general election by about the same margin with which he just dispatched Big Luther? What will the talking points be then? I have no idea, but I do know that most GOP voters just won’t care.
- Here’s what the real bottom line of all of this really is: loyal Trump voters, AKA “the vast majority of the GOP voter base today”, don’t really care about whether or not the Republican Party has a majority in the Senate, if that majority is largely made up of RINOs like John McCain, Susan Collins, Lisa Murkowski, Lindsey Graham, Jeff Flake and yes, Luther Strange. They see the results of the first 8 months of this congress, and realize the results would have been little different on the big things they want to see done had the senate been in the control of the Democrats.
- So when Mitch McConnell, the leader of that do-nothing Senate, tells them that Big Luther is so much more “electable” against a Democrat than Roy Moore, they honestly just don’t give a flyin’ rat’s ass. They want to nominate the guy who they know is ready to go to DC and help Donald Trump clean out the swamp, not help the swamp shore itself up with more do-nothing dikes.
- And that, my friends, is why Roy Moore is now the official nominee of the Republican Party, and why you will see a bunch more Roy Moores become nominees for senate and house seats in 2018. GOP voters realize they have a lot more work to do in order to get all the skunks and snakes cleared out of the DC swamp, and they are perfectly willing and increasingly able to go do it.
Just another day in dying RINOs America.
That is all.