Today’s Campaign Update
(Because The Campaign Never Ends)
- Democrats everywhere gave her an “A” for effort. – After President Trump issued an executive order that would enable small businesses and individuals to form health insurance associations across state lines and thus demand lower premiums for insurance policies, San Fran Nan Pelosi told reporters that “I don’t know what he’s putting out today, but I do know it’s a sabotage” of Obamacare. Hey, give her a break: She didn’t know what was in Obamacare, either, and still doesn’t. At least Pelosi was able to remember and recite the day’s Democrat/fake media code word – which every Democrat and fake reporters used all day long – related to the President’s executive order, which of course was “sabotage.” She had no idea why she was using it, but at least she managed to use it.
- How about “Hobgoblin”? No? Ok, what about “Rotten tomato”? Wait, that’s two words… – Today, the President will very likely terminate U.S. sponsorship of the Obama/Kerry idiotic deal with Iran, and we can only speculate on what the Democrat/media code word will be related to this action. “Reckless”, perhaps? “Irresponsible”? No, that’s too many syllables, Pelosi could never remember it. “Dark”? No, they only use that when he’s talking about putting America first. Hmmmmmm…I’m going with “reckless.” Let’s sit back and see what happens.
- Meanwhile, in Harvey Weinstein world… – Stuff got real for Amazon grand poobah Jeff Bezos yesterday afternoon, as director/actor/producer Rose McGowan turned her one-woman war on Hollywood in an unexpected direction. While she didn’t accuse Bezos himself of any bad sexual behavior, she went off on the head of Amazon’s movie studio with a vengeance, accusing him of covering for Weinstein after she had informed him that Weinstein had raped her. She ended her tweetstorm by imploring Bezos to “Be the change you want to see in the world. Stand with the truth.”
- Interestingly, while every other major media outlet on the face of the earth seems to have run a story on the McGowan/Bezos dustup, the Washington Post, which Bezos owns, apparently did not find this story newsworthy. Go figure.
- In response not to McGowan’s accusations, but to a separate accusation made by producer Isa Hackett Dick, Amazon did see fit to suspend the studio chief in question, some guy named Roy Price. My goodness, what a cesspit of depravity Hollywood is turning out to be, and we haven’t even gotten to the pedophiles. Yet.
- CalExit is the solution! – This whole Weinstein deal ought to remind every thinking American out in the 98% of the country that lies outside of the major media centers that there is an organized, dedicated effort to have California secede from the United States, most commonly referred to as “CalExit”. And lo and behold, the Sacramento Bee carried a story about this effort yesterday, in which backers of this secession effort say they believe they have an easier path to taking their state out of the union than the Catalonians have to separate their region from Spain.
- While that’s not exactly a low bar, it gives the organizers hope: “There are definitely similarities in the fiscal situation – we both give more than we get back,” said Dave Marin, director of research and policy for the California Freedom Coalition. “But there’s more flexibility in the U.S. Constitution for secession than there is in the Spanish one. California has more tools available to it.” Honestly, it should give the rest of us a little hope as well that maybe, sometime in the near future, the cesspit of depravity that is Harvey Weinstein World will reside in a whole separate country. Seems like a very reasonable solution, doesn’t it?
- Incidentally, about that whole “we both give more than we get back” line of BS spouted by Mr. Marin: I’m thinking this guy hasn’t considered what his state’s life would be like without all that water coming into LA from the Colorado River Basin. And I’m thinking he hasn’t given a lot of thought to what it might cost his new country to recruit and maintain its own military forces, because if you think us “Normals” out here in flyover country are just going to smile and say “great!” when Californians come begging for water and our armed forces to protect them when things get real, you don’t really know us Normals, and you really don’t want to find out the answer to those questions the hard way.
- But hey, go for it, Mr. Marin. All I want to know about your effort really and truly is, how can I help make it happen?
Just another day in I have found the solution to the whole Weinstein problem America.
That is all.
Image credit: The Federalist Papers.com
Today’s Campaign Update
(Because The Campaign Never Ends)
- Exactly how misplaced are our Attorney General’s priorities? Let me show you. – The Justice Department announced on Wednesday that the FBI was opening an investigation into the possibly illegal activities of…wait for it…wait for it…Harvey Weinstein! I swear I don’t make this stuff up. So, Attorney General Jeff Sessions is perfectly capable of having the FBI investigate the sexual proclivities of a film producer, but he appears to be utterly incapable of investigating the possible illegal activities of Hillary Clinton, Susan Rice, Samantha Power, John Brennan or anyone else who served in the Obama Administration. This guy is worthless. What a waste.
- In Other Harvey Weinstein news… – Hillary Clinton, in a predictably softball interview on CNN Wednesday, told fake journalist Fareed Zakaria that she was “sick” and “appalled” to hear about her “friend” Harvey Weinstein’s behavior towards women. This is truly hard to believe. The Clintons have been paling around with the big Hollywood muckety-muck for more than 20 years. He’s held fundraisers for both of them, personally given to their campaigns, bundled hundreds of thousands of dollars to their campaigns, and given as much as a quarter million dollars to the Clinton Crime Family fake Foundation.
- The thought that the Clintons had no idea about the true nature of their “friend” strains all credibility to the breaking point. Mrs. Clinton, after all, is supposed to be just the smartest woman on earth according to her brain-dead sycophants. Her claim to have known nothing is too ridiculous to even contemplate. But of course, Zakaria just nodded his silly little head at his heroine’s answers and moved on to his next silly question, because he’s such a silly little man.
- Hillary assured the audience that she would be donating Weinstein’s campaign “contributions” to various women’s charities, which is great. She did not specify whether that means just the funds Weinstein personally contributed specifically to her various campaigns, or would include all the money he bundled together and raised for her at the various fundraisers he hosted for her. Nor did she say anything about the big sum he tossed into her family’s fake foundation. Unless some third party keeps pressure on her – which we know the fake news media will not do – it’s a safe bet she will donate the smallest sum possible, and whatever she does donate will go to various “causes” like Planned Parenthood and Emily’s List, which will just funnel the money right on over to the Democrat Party. No one does money laundering like the Clintons.
- At one point, Mrs. Clinton chuckled and claimed “I give 10% of my income to charity every year, after all…”. As the National Review pointed out last year, the great bulk of Mrs. Clinton’s “charitable giving” goes to… wait for it…The Clinton Foundation and events associated with it! Of course it does.
- And if you think any of this Weinstein scandal is just Tiddly-Winks, know that the goons who run Twitter suspended actress Rose McGowan’s account Wednesday night. This action was taken at the behest of someone, because the Twitter goons don’t just go around suspending accounts absent a complaint. McGowan had been using her account to “out” people, like Ben Affleck, who she believes (most likely knows) have been lying in their public statements about what they knew about Weinstein before the NYTimes published its story about him last week. In taking this action, which she began before Weinstein lost his power, she has distinguished herself as pretty much the only admirable character in this particular Hollywood production. So naturally, the Twitter goons went after her. Somebody with a lot of influence is very, very worried about what Ms. McGowan might say about them. You seriously can’t make this stuff up.
- “America’s conscience” has got some ‘splainin’ to do – Some enterprising person unearthed a video of talk show host and bad comic Jimmy Kimmel – who one idiot opinion writer dubbed “America’s conscience” early this week – doing a ‘man on the street’ routine in which he has something stuffed in the crotch of his pants and asks girls passing by to alternately grab it or “put your mouth on it” to see if they can tell what it is. For those who do not know, Mr. Kimmel was years ago a host of something called “The Man Show”, a program in which the humiliation of young women was a nightly occurrence. I’m not sure America really needs that as its “conscience.”
- Meanwhile, Napa and Sonoma Valleys are burning up, 21 people are dead, and everybody – including me, sadly – is talking about the wretched Harvey Weinstein. God bless the souls of those who have perished, and those brave first responders who are working around the clock to contain the fires, and God help the hundreds who are still missing. What a terrible tragedy this is.
Just another day in scandal-plagued America.
That is all.
Today’s Campaign Update
(Because The Campaign Never Ends)
- The king is dead. It’s safe to talk now. – So, Harvey Weinstein gets fired, loses his power, and suddenly, the Hollywood cockroaches get brave and start scrambling out of the woodwork to “denounce” him. But of course, some of them claim they didn’t know, in spite of the fact the guy had been abusing women for a quarter century, often in public. The increasingly disgusting Meryl Streep issued a statement in which she claims to have no knowledge at all of Weinstein’s behavior towards women, a patently unbelievable denial given her longtime close relationship with Weinstein, which includes calling him her “god” at an awards ceremony. Glenn Close would only admit to having heard “rumors”. Yeah, right. Jessica Chastain, Emma Thompson, and Romala Garai all came out with more believable condemnations of the big Hollywood muckety-muck now that he can’t get them jobs. Great.
- Meanwhile, actress Rose McGowan, one of the few who was brave enough to start making noise before Weinstein lost all power, continues to use her Twitter account to call out others with knowledge who continue to remain silent. Alyssa Milano, Ben Affleck, Jennifer Lawrence, Matt Damon, Russell Crowe and Casey Affleck have all been targets of her tweets, along with the entire board of directors of the Weinstein Company, who of course had to know about the boss’s behavior since they had been approving all the lawsuit settlements and other payoffs.
- Late Monday, the Weinstein Company announced that Harvey Weinstein’s name would be removed from all TV shows he has produced over the years, which is the Hollywood version of tearing down monuments to confederate generals. Hey, at least they’re focusing on their own monuments for once.
- Those of you who thought this whole scandal would end once you learned Weinstein had been fired from his own company, worry not: it is just getting started, and a whole bunch of Hollywood scumbags are going to have a lot of explaining to do, as long as Rose McGowan doesn’t lose her nerve. Fun! Someone go pop some popcorn.
- The government’s Vegas narrative is falling apart. – In Las Vegas, Sheriff Joe Lombardo held a press conference that clarified nothing and added a ton of confusion to the public’s knowledge base of what might have really happened there last Sunday:
- The Sheriff now says that security guard Jesus Campos was shot a full 6 minutes before the gunman began shooting at the crowd below. For a full week prior to Monday’s presser, authorities had credited Campos for having interrupted the shooter 10 minutes after he started shooting, thus stopping the carnage. Why did it take a damn week to figure this simple element of the puzzle out?
- The Sheriff also appeared to admit to having evidence that the shooter may have actually checked into the hotel on September 25 rather than the story of a September 28 check-in that officials have been pushing for a week. Good lord, does Mandalay Bay keep check-in records or not? How can this possibly even be a question 8 days after the massacre took place?
- In spite of half a dozen eye-witnesses who saw the shooter hanging around with an Asian woman at Mandalay Bay in the days prior to the assault, the Sheriff claimed on Monday that investigators have come up with no evidence that the killer was seen with anyone prior to the killing spree.
- This is absurd. We are 8 days down the road from one of the biggest mass murders in modern times, and the government obviously can’t get its preferred narrative straight. I’ve spent the past week thinking Lombardo is the honest broker among law enforcement working the case. Monday’s press conference did not inspire confidence at all.
- ESPN fake journalist Jemele Hill a few weeks ago: “President Trump is a White Supremacist!”
ESPN management: “You go, girl!”
ESPN fake journalist Jemele Hill on Monday: “Y’all need to boycott sponsors of the Dallas Cowboys!”
ESPN management: “You suspended, girl!”
Just another day in the government’s narrative on the Vegas massacre is falling apart America.
That is all.