Today’s Campaign Update
(Because The Campaign Never Ends)
- Is it just me, or does it seem like everybody – and I do mean everybody – who has done something to screw up their life in any way, shape or form has taken to blaming President Donald J. Trump as a coping mechanism for their own failures? Think about it.
- Take Harvey Weinstein as an example – what was this repugnant tub of goo’s first instinct when the NYTimes published its expose’ on his quarter century of abusing women? If you remember, he thought he could innoculate himself from any fallout from his 100% leftwing Hollywood peers by taking a leave of absence from his company so he could dedicate himself to fighting the NRA (virtue signal related to the Las Vegas massacre that had taken place six days earlier) and …wait for it…Donald Trump!
- But – oops! – it turns out that promising to go around playing the “Blame Trump” card doesn’t inoculate you against 25 years of soiling potted plants and blackmailing ambitious young ingenues into having sex with you in exchange for movie roles. It turns out that even Hollywood has some standards, and who could have ever guessed that?
- Then there’s Bowe Bergdahl, that traitorous Army deserter who Barack Obama and Susan Rice consider to be a great American “hero”. Obama thought so highly of Bergdahl that he was willing to trade five terrorist scum in order to get this “hero” – who had cost six truly brave American soldiers their lives as they searched Afghanistan trying to find him – released by the Taliban. After pleading guilty to desertion in his court martial, Bergdahl said he was doing so because he felt he could not get a fair trial due to things said by …wait for it… Donald Trump! Yeah, none of it’s your fault, bud.
- NFL Football players and owners – The pre-game protests by NFL players of the flag and national anthem went on for well over a year without a word about it coming from the very busy mouth of candidate Trump or President Trump. NFL ratings were tanking and game attendance dying throughout the 2016 season as a result, and that tanking continued into the 2017 season before the President had anything to say about it. But when the President decided to go off on these players and owners and commissioner Roger Goodell, why, suddenly it was all about Trump.
- The players, who let’s be honest, really had pretty much no idea why they were kneeling out there other than some vague multi-millionaire game player’s notion of being “oppressed”, suddenly decided that their demonstrations were all about Trump. Yeah, that’s the ticket! Many of the owners joined in because, well, they just had to show “solidarity” with their players because…because, ummm,welllll…because TRUMP! Yeah, because Trump! That’s what it is! Meanwhile, Goodell is thrilled by it all because everyone’s blaming Trump instead of him. The Trump boogeyman works for all parties in this one.
- The Most Corrupt Woman In America – Then there’s our very favorite leftwing slinger of nonsense and sleaze, Hillary Rotten, er, Rodham Clinton. This pathetic woman has parlayed abject corruption into a net worth of more than $200 million, and has spent the year blaming her 2016 election loss and everything else that is wrong with the world on – who else? – President Trump. Even the broken toe she claims to have suffered on Saturday while running up the stairs is no doubt the President’s fault – the vodka and diet Dr. Pepper had nothing to do with it.
- Then there is San Juan’s Crazy Little Marxist Mayor, Carmen Cruz, who has now completely discarded all pretense of not being a communist and has taken to dressing up as Che Guevara in her press availabilities. The government of Puerto Rico in general and in San Juan in particular has been a cesspit of corruption forever, and Ms. Cruz has done nothing to remedy any of that. The Island’s infrastructure, thanks in large part to government officials siphoning off money for themselves and their friends – as all good Marxists do – was in horrible shape before Hurricane Maria hit, and was basically destroyed completely by the storm.
- Despite the fact that the U.S. government has come into the island with literally thousands of military, FEMA and other recovery workers, massive amounts of supplies, and more generators than anywhere else on the face of the earth, progress has been slowed by the fact that the local trucker’s union decided this tragedy was a great time to go on strike, an action the crazy little Mayor supports. So, when the people of your island are suffering mainly due to your own corruption and ideological stupidity, what do you do? Why, you get in front of any CNN camera you can find and blame Trump! Works like charm.
- Finally, there’s the repugnant John McCain, literally the worst person who has ever served in the United States Senate. In receiving some “Liberty Medal” from his ideological sympatico Joe Biden on Monday, McCain had this to say: “To abandon the ideals we have advanced around the globe” and “refuse the obligations of international leadership … for the sake of some half-baked, spurious nationalism cooked up by people who would rather find scapegoats than solve problems” is “As unpatriotic as an attachment to any other tired dogma of the past that Americans consigned to the ash heap of history.”
- So, putting America and Americans first, ahead of McCain’s and Biden’s globalist, open borders ideology, is “unpatriotic”, in McCain’s view. He didn’t say which government – the U.N. perhaps? – it is “unpatriotic” towards.
- But this is McCain’s swan song, blaming Trump for preventing him from “solving problems.” Think about that – can you think of a single problem John McCain ever solved in his entire 30+ years in government? Neither can I.
- That’s not Trump’s fault. Trump’s just the boogeyman.
Just another day in Blame Trump! America.
That is all.
Today’s Campaign Update
(Because The Campaign Never Ends)
- Tired of winning yet? Part I – The stock market indexes all closed at all-time record highs on Tuesday, marking about the 7,953rd time that has happened since Donald Trump was elected to the presidency. (yawn)
- Tired of winning yet? Part II – (This one is personal to me.) The U.S. soccer team failed to make it into the upcoming World Cup competition because the team fielded by the most powerful nation on earth could not defeat the team from…wait for it…wait for it…Trinidad and Tobago! I am so relieved! Now I won’t have to suffer through a year of half the people I know doing a bunch of virtue signaling about how much they just love this sport to which they pay literally no attention at all in 3 out of every 4 years. And I won’t have to see highlights of players from countries I’ve never even heard of faking major knee injuries so they can draw a yellow card, and then jumping up after 30 seconds and running off the field. And I won’t have to hear anyone tell me what a ‘beautiful’ and ‘exciting’ sport this incredibly tiresome, unendingly boring, tedious wreck of a game is. Thank God for this favor – I am incredibly grateful. Go, Trinidad and Tobago!
- Tired of winning yet? Part III – The U.S. Supreme Court dismissed the challenge to President Trump’s travel ban late Tuesday after months of idiotic and baseless litigation instigated by leftist Democrat state attorney generals and supported by leftist Obama appointee federal judges who hold no respect for the constitution. Cool.
- Tired of winning yet? Part IV – A few hours after President Donald J. Trump (I never get tired of typing that) issued a tweet early Tuesday morning questioning the current tax subsidies received by the National Football League, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell sent a memo to all 32 league team owners instructing them that “all players should stand for the national anthem.” Coincidence? I think not.
- Goodell’s move, of course, comes a little bit more than a year too late. It comes after the NFL has lost around 20% of its audience since currently unemployed ex-49ers QB Colin Kaepernick first did his attention-seeking kneel-down during the anthem at the behest of his marxist girlfriend on August 26, 2016. It comes after Goodell and the 32 owners stood silently by doing nothing as Kaepernick’s silly sideshow act slowly gained imitators at other teams as the 2016 season went along, and after the dam literally broke and disrespecting the flag and anthem became a league-wide fad this season.
- Goodell’s move comes after the NFL’s reputation as “America’s Game”, a title it had held for at least 40 years, had been tossed into the trash can, as the league has now been surpassed in public approval by both Major League Baseball and, at least temporarily, by the National Basketball Association. His memo comes after a month of acrimony between the league and the President of the United States, who has repeatedly urged the league to force the players to show a little respect for the country that has made them so fabulously wealthy and famous, and following Sunday’s walk-out of a game between the Colts and 49ers by Vice President Mike Pence. Goodell’s memo comes only after NFL teams all over the country have played games before half-empty stadiums that used to be host to standing-room-only crowds week after week.
- The sad part of all of this, if you’re an NFL fan like I used to be, is that every bit of this could have been completely avoided had Goodell, on August 27, 2016, made a phone call to the idiot owner of the San Francisco 49ers, and instructed him to bench a single player for a single game if he would not stand for the national anthem. But Goodell is a progressive moron, and didn’t have the sense to do that. Because of that, we have for the last 13 months witnessed what is without a doubt the greatest self-inflicted wound in the history of organized sports, a wound from which the NFL may never really recover. Tough.
- Meanwhile, in Harvey Weinstein news… – The proverbial dam really broke Tuesday on the Harvey Weinstein scandal, as all the no-guts celebrities and politicians who knew about this scumbag all along but lacked the courage to do anything about it suddenly found their voices now that the big Hollywood muckety-muck no longer holds any power over them. Most of them still lied about the matter, claiming to be ‘shocked’ and ‘appalled’, but they all knew. Hell, Weistein’s behavior towards women was such common knowledge that Seth McFarlane joked about it on national TV during the Oscar ceremonies in 2013, and Tina Fey was writing gag lines about it on the TV show 30 Rock.
- But as I told you a couple of days ago, Weinstein will be right back working in Hollywood within a year. Right on cue, as his world was seemingly crumbling around him, he told the people at the New York Post’s Page 6 that he was flying off to a rehab clinic somewhere in Europe (Hey, maybe Roman Polanski can be his therapist!) and promised them that he was already planning on resuming his career in 2018.
- If you doubt he’ll be able to achieve that, well, just watch. Weinstein is a leftist icon, and the political left will always try to rehabilitate its icons regardless of how badly they act. Hell, they re-elected Bill Clinton to the presidency for a second term, do you think they’ll just toss a major donor like good ol’ Harvey aside because he abused a few women? Don’t kid yourselves. These are progressives we’re talking about here. No amount of depravity is too much for these people.
Just another day in Trump just keeps winning America.
That is all.
Today’s Campaign Update
(Because The Campaign Never Ends)
- Senator Rand Paul has a real opportunity this week to turn himself into a real, true presidential contender in either 2020, should President Trump not run for re-election, or in 2024. He can do that by becoming the deciding vote to pass the Graham/Cassidy Obamacare reform bill in the U.S. Senate. Yes, he would need either Lisa Murkowski or Susan Collins to also act like real Republicans and support the bill, but Murkowski definitely seems to be get-able in that regard.
- Think about it: By casting that single vote, Rand Paul could become a hero to President Trump’s voter base – which according to recent polls makes up a strong majority of the GOP’s total voter base – a hero to everyone who hates the execrable jerk John McCain – which also makes up a majority of the GOP total voter base – and a hero to the millions of Americans who have seen their ability to access real healthcare insurance decimated by Obamacare. Yes, it would go against the Senator’s precious libertarian principles, but at some point, if he truly wants to be president – as he seemed to sort of want to during the 2016 campaign – actually getting stuff done is going to have to supersede those principles.
- This week could be a real, true Rand Paul moment. Is he smart enough to realize it, and take advantage of it? Sadly, the smart money is probably on ‘no.’
- How stupid are NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell and many NFL owners? They are so damn stupid that, when President Trump went off on their ridiculous failure to discipline players who are killing their product’s TV ratings (down 20% in the last two seasons) that they actually responded by defending those players. That, folks, take stupid to previously unknown heights.
- The NFL seems to have lost sight of who makes up most of its audience. The preponderance of the NFL’s audience is made up of blue-collar working class Americans, the overwhelming mass of whom think it is really important to honor this country’s flag by standing during the national anthem. It is not a coincidence that the NFL has seen its TV ratings go into free-fall since Collin Kaepernick started his “look at me” act on the sidelines, and was able to continue to do so without consequence.
- Some apologists for these player like to argue that the NFL’s ratings are down because their games are boring. Hell, NFL games have been boring people stiff for a quarter of a century now, but the ratings didn’t start collapsing until the National Anthem protests started. If the NFL brass – except for Jerry Jones, who has made it clear to his Dallas Cowboys that they will stand for the Anthem or be benched – wants to pretend its problem has nothing to do with the protests, then no one will be able to halt the killing of the League’s Golden Goose.
- All that having been said, I have no doubt at all that all these NFL social justice warriors who today kneel on the sidelines while making millions of dollars a year will be far happier in the future, when their non-football skill sets allow them to earn $12 per hour putting boxes onto trucks at the loading docks behind the local Wal Mart. So you go, guys! Power to the people!!!!!!
- I just can’t wait to see how many NBA players start their own kneeling acts during the playing of the National Anthems before their games. That’s going to be awesome, and make the NFL’s SJWs look like child’s play by comparison. Given that I haven’t watched a full NBA game since about 1988, the death of that sport will make no difference in my life anyway.
- And the virus has even spread into major league baseball, as Bruce Maxwell, a nitwit mediocrity for the also-ran Oakland A’s decided he needed some attention on Saturday, too. This one kind of bothers me, since I’ve just begun to watch MLB games again this season, but as long as it doesn’t spread to the Texas Rangers or Los Angeles Dodgers, I’ll be cool.
- Hey, I’m old enough to remember when all SJWs went absolutely berserk and demanded punishing a player named Tim Tebow, who kneeled in prayer to God before NFL games. I also remember how the same sports and establishment fake news media that is today supporting the anti-flag kneelers ridiculed Tebow for expressing his beliefs in that way. Funny how that works.
Just another day in Social Justice Warrior America.
That is all.