Today’s Campaign Update
(Because The Campaign Never Ends)
- It’s what they do; it’s who they are. – Well, U.S. intelligence agencies have determined that the Crazy Little Fat Guy (CLFG) over in North Korea now has the ability to deliver a nuclear warhead on his ICBMs, and liberal heads exploded all over America’s fake news media and the social media space. No, they didn’t explode at the news that CLFG has deliverable nukes – that would be far too sensible. Nor did their progressive heads explode with anger at former President Bill Clinton for his horrible 1994 deal with Pyong Yang that set the wheels in motion for this to happen, nor at George W. Bush and Barack Obama for fecklessly allowing the situation to fester for the last 16 years, joining Clinton in happily passing the buck off to the next guy.
- No, liberal heads exploded because President Donald Trump said the following in response: “North Korea best not make any more threats to the United States. They will be met with fire and fury like the world has never seen… he has been very threatening beyond a normal state. They will be met with fire, fury and frankly power the likes of which this world has never seen before.” But let’s be honest: President Trump could have sung the lyrics to “Hey, Jude” or recited the Gettysburg Address and gotten the same response. If he opens his mouth, liberal heads are going to explode.
- My first question about this whole episode is why should we trust the word of our intelligence agencies in their assertion that CLFG is now a threat to the U.S. mainland? These intel agencies have consistently demonstrated beyond any doubt that they are not trustworthy, and frankly, that they are not patriots. Their constant stream of leaks and false narratives over the last 7 months has severely hampered the ability of this President to govern the country, intentionally so. These agencies are not staffed with patriots, they are by and large staffed with skunks and snakes, the worst sort of DC swamp creatures who leak classified information and put others’ lives at risk for their own self-aggrandizement. There is no reason whatsoever to worry that Denver is in danger of being vaporized by North Korea based on the words of this collection of seditionists.
- Indeed, the expressed threat yesterday from Pyong Yang was aimed at…wait for it…GUAM, which happens to be the nearest U.S. territory to North Korean shores. Not Los Angeles, not Seattle, not Anchorage, not even Honolulu. Guam. Given his pretty consistent past behavior, it seems logical to believe that, if CLFG really had the ability to threaten a major U.S. city with his nukes, he’d be directing his threats there. I mean, c’mon, threatening the tiny island of Guam is like kicking a kitten. CLFG won’t get any street cred for that.
- Bottom line here: If you’re losing sleep in your bedroom in Texas over this intel-agency alleged threat, you’re most likely making yourself drowsy over nothing.
- Interestingly, Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov was the cool head in the room on Tuesday, advising everyone to remain calm. Go figure. Lavrov correctly pointed out that this kind of sabre rattling is how Pyong Yang has always responded to escalating sanctions from the UN (which were agreed upon over the weekend): “Strictly speaking, this is how representatives of the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea have reacted to all previous U.N. Security Council resolutions,” he said, “We will judge by their actions.”
- Of course, were Trump to agree with Lavrov, Rod Rosenstein would immediately appoint another Special Counsel to investigate, and Wolf Blitzer’s beard would sprinkle to the floor at CNN headquarters.
Just another day in Everybody Chill Out, Please America.
That is all.
Today’s Campaign Update
(Because The Campaign Never Ends)
- Attorney General Jeff Sessions is most likely going to be fired in the coming days, as President Trump has had enough of his reluctance to focus the Justice Department’s efforts towards the prosecution of crimes into the abuses of Obama-era officials, and due to his decision, shortly after taking the oath of office, to recuse himself from anything to do with the media/Democrat Russia collusion fantasy play. AG Sessions is a good man, but his decision to focus on things like asset forfeiture for drug dealers and prosecuting violators of marijuana laws rather than the far more pressing issues facing the Trump Administration and, frankly, the American people have indeed reached the point of absurdity.
- But it is Sessions’ recusal decision that is especially vexing and inexcusable. Sessions viewed it as his legal duty, but The President obviously considers the decision to have been an effort by Sessions to insulate himself from controversy. Though it may have technically been a proper move, no Democrat Attorney General in recent history would have even remotely considered doing such a thing, and there is no good reason why, if Sessions’ testimony before congressional committees is true, he should have done so either. That recusal enabled Deputy AG Rod Rosenstein to appoint his buddy Bob Mueller to mount his limitless witch hunt as Special Counsel. I like Jeff Sessions, but his priorities are not the priorities of the boss, who referred to him in a tweet yesterday as “beleaguered.” This morning, he added this: “Attorney General Jeff Sessions has taken a VERY weak position on Hillary Clinton crimes (where are E-mails & DNC server) & Intel leakers!” That’s frankly an inexcusable way for the President to treat a man who has been one of his loyal supporters from the start, but it’s a pretty strong hint of what’s coming, Jeff. A smart man would take that hint and resign with dignity.
- Of course, replacing Sessions with a new AG who would not recuse himself from the Administration’s most pressing matter would set the stage for the next firing: That of Jim Comey’s best buddy, Special Counsel Bob Mueller. Shortly after his appointment, I wrote that the President would eventually fire Mueller, and still believe that will be the case. Mueller is hopelessly conflicted, should not have ever been allowed to investigate anything having to do with Comey – who, by the way, is still the only person in the entire collusion fantasy play who we know beyond any doubt committed actual crimes – and has gone about hiring a staff filled with Hillary Clinton donors, removing any question as to the witch hunt nature of his investigation. So that firing will eventually come, but the President needs an AG willing to overrule Rosenstein in order to achieve it.
- If you’re sitting there thinking, dang, won’t that create a media firestorm? Well, yeah, it will. So it will be just like most every other day of this Administration thus far, and every new day to come as long as Trump is in office. The President is facing a slow-motion coup d’etat, folks. He is facing a highly organized effort by the fake news media and DC political establishment to force his removal from office. This is happening because his very election to office threatens the traditional power centers that the ruling class/media complex has enjoyed for decades. So every day he is in office is going to be a day during which there will be a media firestorm.
- A report commissioned by Amazon tells us that it is likely that we will, within the next 10 years, have technology available to us that will allow us to have actual conversations with our pet dogs. I’m betting the first conversation goes something like this:
“Oh, Bowsie Wowsie, I wuv you so vewy vewy much.”
“Lady, why are you trying to talk to a dog? You do realize I’m a dog and not a person, right? I mean, if I was a person, would I eat my own vomit? If I was a person, would you shave my full body, leaving only these white tufts of hair on my legs and neck? You have already stolen every other bit of dignity from me, and now you want to force me to let you know what I’m really thinking, too? Grrrrrrrrrrrrr….”
- In other news, the President spoke to the Boy Scouts yesterday and received a rousing, extremely enthusiastic reception. Can’t wait to see the NYTimes story quoting an anonymous Boy Scout who will claim that Trump held a private meeting with one Scout leader whose grandfather immigrated to the U.S. from Russia.
Just another day in slow-motion coup d’etat America.
That is all.