Today’s Campaign Update
(Because The Campaign Never Ends)
- Well, you know it’s a slow news day in Donald Trump’s America when the biggest story is the introduction by Republicans congress of their long-awaited tax reform bill. The bill has been ready for at least six months, but true to their goal of not getting a damn thing done during this calendar year, the GOP congressional leadership waited until the end of September to introduce it.
- This late introduction date – for which there really is no justification at all – naturally produced grumbling among some members of the conservative Freedom Caucus about the “aggressive time frame” left in the year to get such a massive reform of the IRS tax code done. So, the stage is already set for the December press conference of Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell telling everyone that they just ran out of time this year, but don’t worry, they’ll promise to come back in 2018 and really, truly get the thing done. Yeah, sure, just like Obamacare, right?
- Through a contraction of the various tax rates and a doubling of the standard deduction, everyone gets a bit of a tax break in this plan, except for those making more than $400,000 per year, who get stuck with an actual tax surcharge. Naturally, Democrats rushed to the microphones and Twitter and Facebook to squeal that the plan is…wait for it…wait for it…A TAX CUT FOR THE WEALTHY! I swear I don’t make this stuff up.
- Of course, in Democrat “logic”, such as it exists, this is true, since the Democrats consider anyone who makes more than about $100,000 per year to be “wealthy”. Given that the goal of the plan is to get more money into the hands of those in the lower and middle class, people making between $100,000 and $400,00 do get a tax cut under the plan. Thus, the whole “tax cut for the wealthy” rhetoric from the party of demagoguery.
- The plan would also lower the tax rate for – gasp! – evil corporations in the hope of stimulating the economy. Man, the Democrats haven’t even gotten started demonizing that aspect of the proposal. Nevermind that the U.S. has by far the highest corporate tax rate of any developed country, costing our country millions of potential jobs that now simply go overseas, lowering tax rates for evil corporations presents Fauxcahontas and Chuck Schumer and Bernie Sanders with prime demagoguery opportunities, and that is not something they will meekly pass up.
- So, it’s going to be a long fall and winter filled with hyper-partisan rancor. There is nothing progressives hate more than a healthy, growing economy. I’m not kidding. If you think otherwise, you don’t understand progressives.
- There can be no doubt the GOP proposal would indeed stimulate economic growth in a very big way. The key stimulus-producing provision is one that would allow businesses of all kinds to deduct most capital costs during the tax year in which they are incurred. Currently, such costs must be recovered by depreciating them over 5 to 30 years, depending on the asset that is being depreciated.
- President Trump has often talked about wanting to pass his own economic stimulus package. Well, there is really no need for a separate stimulus bill if congress were to pass this one. The ability to deduct capital costs would be a stimulus plan in and of itself, and unlike the Obama stimulus, which was basically wasted on expanding government employment and wasteful programs, it would stimulate real infrastructure expansion, and create millions of real, private sector jobs.
- So of course the Democrats hate it. They hate anything that would grow the private sector, especially at a time when the government sector is being systematically reduced by a Republican administration.
- But the dirty little secret is that the establishment Republicans really don’t want to pass this bill, either, which is why they’ve waited so late to introduce it. The positive side is that the President does want it, and he won’t be shy about publicly pounding on Democrats and Republicans who work to kill it.
- Just as we have seen President Trump reveal the Democrats and their progressive voters to be perfectly fine with NFL players disrespecting the national anthem and American flag this week, in the coming weeks we will see him speak very frankly about the real reasons why the Democrats and recalcitrant Republican swamp creatures don’t want to pass a meaningful tax bill.
- It will be a target-rich environment for verbal kill shots, and we all know how the President loves that.
Just another day in Donald Trump’s America.
That is all.
Today’s Campaign Update
(Because The Campaign Never Ends)
Ok, lessee here….what’s been going on in America over the weekend?
- Oh, well, we had three nights of rioting in St. Louis because a St. Louis jury acquitted a St. Louis cop who was falsely accused of murdering a St. Louis drug dealer six years ago. To hear the rioters tell it, this drug dealer was the second coming of Rosa Parks and just the best person who ever walked the sidewalks of St. Louis. I hadn’t said anything about this because riots in the greater St. Louis area have become such a regular occurrence since Barack Obama’s Justice Department began encouraging them and George Soros began funding professional rioters to create them in 2014 that they barely make a blip on my screen anymore. They have become tiresome displays of immature children acting out over false outrages, the audience and sympathy for which grow smaller by the day.
- Speaking of tiresome displays of immature children acting out over false outrages, for which the audience and sympathy grow smaller by the day, the Emmy Awards were handed out Sunday night. Hosted by the execrable, unfunny late night outrage show host Stephen Colbert, the program predictably became nothing but a 3-hour platform for spoiled children to act out over false outrages, all directed at the President of the United States. The overnight Nielsons weren’t available as of this writing, but we can be sure the ratings for this star-studded group temper tantrum will be down from last year – when they hit a historic low – and will continue to fall through the duration of the Trump Presidency. This is what happens when performers go out of their way to gratuitously offend half of their potential audience at every given opportunity.
- Rumors were flying prior to showtime that Hillary Clinton would make a cameo appearance at the show, but it turned out she was too busy signing books on the toilet paper aisle of her local CostCo to make the gig. But Kate McKinnon, who played The Most Corrupt Woman in America in Saturday Night Live skits, took her presenting role as an opportunity to thank Crooked Hillary for her “grace”. Proving, of course, that Kate McKinnon doesn’t know the difference between graft and grace.
- Never to be left out, the NFL continues to demonstrate it has its own sub-population of immature children acting out, as players like Seattle’s Michael Bennett have now decided that protesting the national anthem just isn’t enough attention-seeking, and have begun taking their “look at me!” stunts onto the field. Bennett celebrated a sack on Sunday with a single raised fist, the old “black power” salute made famous in the 1960s.
- In other news that should not be news, pollster John McLaughlin came out with new data over the weekend, warning establishment Republicans in congress that they need to start actually keeping their campaign promises or Trump voters won’t turn out to re-elect them in next year’s mid-term elections. The great wonder with this news item is that establishment Republicans apparently need polling data confirmation of something that would be obvious to the average third grader. But this is how dim-witted establishment Republicans are.
- The McLaughlin survey also found that a large plurality of surveyed GOP voters believe that Republicans in congress are working in opposition to President Trump’s efforts to “drain the swamp”, and fully 63% of GOP voters believe it is time for Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell and Speaker of the House Paul Ryan to be replaced. If any of these results surprise you, you just haven’t been paying close enough attention.
- If establishment Republicans were intelligent (hah-hah! I’m cracking myself up here!), they would be working feverishly to keep some of those grand promises they all made during their 2016 campaigns. Instead, they are currently in the midst of an 11-day vacation following just a week of work that came after their month-long August recess. When they come back next week, they only have five working days left in September before they take their next vacation.
- What all this shiftlessness and mendacity reminds us of is that there was a very good reason why establishment Republicans in Washington were, just 12 months ago, the single most-hated subset of the DC swamp among the public at large. Donald Trump’s resurgent presidential campaign bailed them out from what had been shaping up to be a disastrous election cycle in 2016, but that crutch won’t be available in 2018.
- Unless these layabout GOP dilettantes get their collective act together and start sending promise-keeping legislation to the President’s desk for signing, it becomes more likely by the day that Trump voters will abandon their stinking, er, “sinking” ship in next year’s elections. Whether that would result in the turning over of one or both houses of congress remains a good question, since the Democrats remain in a state of insoluble disarray, but it all could be avoided by the Republicans’ simply doing some of the things they promised to do. But this seems to be a bridge too far for McConnell, Ryan and their hapless minions, who obviously view keeping their vacation schedule sacrosanct as their number one duty.
Just another day in immature children acting out America.
That is all.
Today’s Campaign Update
(Because The Campaign Never Ends)
- It is a sad truth of our current societal situation that those on the left wing of the political spectrum no longer possess the ability to argue political issues based on anything resembling facts or logic. I used to say that they no longer desire to do so, but it has become abundantly clear over the last decade that progressives simply no longer have the ability.
- The left abandoned any effort to really debate issues at the outset of the Bill Clinton presidency, as the Clintons brought their Saul Alinsky rules for radicals tactics to the White House. Those rules consist of a dozen tactics that focus away from working cooperatively with the opposition to reach reasonable compromises on issues, and focus instead on a mounting a constant drumbeat of demonization of the opposition. What was at first a conscious, intentional decision by those on the left to abandon facts and logic has, after 25 years, become a complete loss of the skill.
- Rule 12 reads “Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it.” This is the tactic the Democrats and the fake news media have used against President Trump since Hillary Clinton and her campaign people invented the “Russia Collusion” fantasy play two days after last November’s election. That fantasy, and James Comey’s collusion with it, got them a Special Counel investigation, and will probably nab them a few victims like Paul Manafort for Robert Mueller and his team of Clinton/Obama shills to prosecute. That tactic initially conformed to Alinsky Rule #6, “A good tactic is one your people enjoy.”
- But it has now worn thin with the public, as the months and months of investigations turn up no real evidence that Donald Trump and his people colluded with the Russians in any way. As a result, it has run up onto the shoals of Alinsky Rule 7, “A tactic that drags on too long becomes a drag.” This is why the Democrat/fake media axis of disinformation had to move onto another tactic for freezing and polarizing the President.
- So, along came Charlottesville. We now know that the clown who organized the “Unite the Right” white supremacist rally there and got it permitted, Jason Kessler, is a leftist radical who was also an organizer of the George Soros-funded Occupy Wall Street movement. Probably not coincidentally, it also appears that he is a former producer at …wait for it…CNN! Given Kessler’s true identity, it is a safe bet that other leftwing radicals participated in that “Unite the Right” rally in order to create negative footage for CNN and other fake news outlets to air. Classic Alinsky tactics.
- To ensure maximum negative footage from Charlottesville, leftwingers funded by Soros arranged to bus in hundreds of Antifa and Black Lives Matter thugs to stage an un-permitted protest and turn the whole thing into a riot. We now know that the police were told to stand down by the city’s leftist radical mayor to ensure maximum carnage took place, and then reliable Clinton toady Terry McAuliffe, the governor of Virginia, gave a completely false and inflammatory speech once the damage was all done.
- At that point, it did not matter what President Trump said in the wake of the tragic event, he was going to be demonized by the Axis of Disinformation, because that is the final step in this strategy, in keeping with Alinsky Rule #12. His statement on Saturday was perfectly fine. Indeed, both former presidents with the last name of Bush issued almost exactly the same statement on Wednesday, and the media parroted it without negative comment.
- Thus, the tactic that had drug on for too long – Russia Collusion – now has been shifted to a new tactic the leftists love – Trump is a racist, with the fake news media lapdogs loyally executing Rule #8, “Keep the pressure on. Never let up.”
- Make no mistake, this is the left’s playbook for as long as Donald Trump is President. There will be no logical debates. There will be no cooperation in congress, no compromise on Obamacare, tax reform, infrastucture or any other of the major issues. Indeed, so long as congressional Republicans continue their own responsive tactics of cowering in fear and making carefully-worded statements that conform to the left’s current narrative, this is how it will be from now on, because that cowardly response by the GOP only breeds confidence among the left.
- Real conservatives have a choice to make, and that choice amounts to surrender, or working to defeat the left without quarter and without compromise. Conservatives need to deploy their own set of tactics against the left designed to achieve victory. The tactics below are based on Alinsky Rule 1, “Power is not only what you have, but what the enemy thinks you have.”:
- Stop engaging them in debate – after all, they stopped engaging with you in any real way a quarter century ago;
- Work to regulate the hell out of social media monopolies like Google, Facebook, YouTube and Twitter. Make Silicon Valley pay for its collective decision to become a propaganda arm of the Democrat Party. Anti-trust rules exist for good reason – President Trump should work to become the reincarnation of Teddy Roosevelt;
- The Justice Department should bring RICO prosecutions against the Clintons and top officials at their pay-to-play family crime foundation. This classic mob-modeled racket is exactly why the RICO laws exist. Use them;
- Jeff Sessions should appoint a second special counsel to investigate Robert Mueller and his obvious conflicts, and his decision to hire only Democrat shills in his investigation, and a third special counsel to investigate Hillary Clinton’s email abuses, and Bill Clinton and Loretta Lynch’s efforts to fix the 2016 FBI investigation;
- The President should appoint West Virginia Democrat Senator Joe Manchin to be Secretary of Energy, after moving Rick Perry over to be the Secretary of Homeland Security. That will allow WVA GOP Gov. Justice to appoint a Republican to take Manchin’s place, raising the GOP’s senate majority by one.
- The Republican senate majority should eliminate the filibuster rule entirely, eliminating the ability of the Democrat minority to roadblock progress. If Majority Leader Mitch McConnell doesn’t have the stomach for this battle, conservative senators should refuse to cooperate with leadership until McConnell steps down from the job.
- This could go on and on – there are tons of tactics at the disposal of real conservatives in this fight. The point is this: the Republican Party is the clear majority party in this country, and it is long past time that it started acting like it. Republicans have allowed themselves to be cowed and paralyzed by the left’s Alinsky tactics for a quarter of a century now, and we see them still trying to engage these radicals in constructive debates on issues.
- The Alinsky Democrats cannot be reasoned with, they can only be defeated. Albert Einstein famously said that “doing the same thing over and over again, expecting a different result is the definition of insanity.” There is no time like the present for conservatives to stop being insane.
Just another day in Saul Alinsky-dominated America.
That is all.
Here are some things I’m old enough to remember:
- I’m old enough to remember when, three weeks ago, the Democrats plagiarized PapaJohn’s Pizza with a new slogan promising they were going to focus on “Better Jobs, Better Wages”, instead of dividing America.
- I’m old enough to remember 7 days ago when Senator From The News Media John McCain lambasted President Trump for his aggressive posture towards the Crazy Little Fat Guy in North Korea, saying it wouldn’t work.
- I’m old enough to remember all the way back to January, when Charlottesville Mayor Mike Signor declared his city to be the “Capital of the ‘Resistance’ “.
- I’m old enough to remember when it was the communists in the Soviet Union and radical muslims in Afghanistan who were going about toppling statues and trying to erase history, rather than the Democrats here in the U.S.
- I’m old enough to remember when the global temperature records kept by NOAA hadn’t been falsified for political purposes.
- I’m old enough to remember when radicals on the Berkeley campus were peacefully demonstrating in favor of free speech, not violently rioting to restrict it.
- I’m old enough to remember when senators of both parties rallied around the president of the United States whenever some nutjob dictator threatened to bomb our homeland, and when those who didn’t do so were criticized rather than praised by the news media.
- Speaking of the news media, I’m old enough to remember when it was only partially fake.
- I’m old enough to remember when Barack Obama said “We can’t drill our way to lower gasoline prices.” Oops.
- I’m old enough to remember when The National Review was a conservative journal, and The Weekly Standard wasn’t edited by Hillary Clinton shills like Stephen Hayes and Bill Kristol.
- I’m old enough to remember when the panels on Fox News’s “Special Report” were balanced, unlike the utter disgrace they aired Monday evening.
- I’m old enough to remember when the Republican Party actually stood for something.
- Hell, I’m so old I remember 1995, when the GOP had real leadership in both houses of congress.
- I’m old enough to remember when Hollywood turned out watchable movies – you know, the kind with plots and acting and stuff like that.
- I’m old enough to remember when I wasn’t a fanatic about Dallas Cowboys Football. Ok, that’s a lie – I’ve always been a fanatic about Dallas Cowboys Football.
- I’m old enough to remember when Nancy Pelosi wasn’t a doddering, babbling fool. Ok, that’s a lie, too.
- I’m old enough to remember when Maxine Waters lived in her own congressional district.
- I’m old enough to remember when the Federal Bureau of Investigation was a functioning, respected law enforcement agency, i.e., the pre-James Comey years.
- I’m old enough to remember when Obamacare didn’t exist and most Americans really did have affordable healthcare insurance.
- I’m old enough to remember those seven years when every Republican in Washington (except for Sen. Susan Collins, who is really a Democrat) promised they were going to repeal Obamacare.
- I’m old enough to remember when we all thought John McCain was a genuine American hero. No really, virtually all of us did. Silly us.
- Finally, I’m old enough to remember when both major political parties respected the constitution, the American flag, and the national anthem. Sadly, the Democrats no longer respect any of those things, and it’s hard to be sure whether many Republicans do anymore.
I’m much too young to feel this damn old.
That is all.
Today’s Campaign Update
(Because The Campaign Never Ends)
- If we didn’t have Democrats, we’d have to make them up. – Ok, I swear I didn’t make this up. It’s a real story. The far, far, far, far left wing of the far, far leftwing California Democratic Party is mounting a recall effort on their own Assembly Speaker because…wait for it…he isn’t far, far, far, far leftwing enough for them. Wait, you say, Speaker Anthony Rendon is as far, far, far leftwing as it gets, right? Well, no. See, he needed to add one more “far” to that total of “fars”, and ram through a completely unworkable proposal to implement single-payer healthcare in the Golden State, a bill that would have utterly bankrupted the state’s treasury within a few years. Of course, the leftist nitwits who pushed this bill and are now taking out their frustrations on the Speaker figure that when the money runs out in their own state, they’ll just petition the federal government to force taxpayers from the 49 other states to pay for their ruinous policies. It’s the California way, after all.
- Hey, can we get that whole CalExit deal moving along a little faster? – Speaking of the insanity that is California, CA Congressman Lou Correa is so unhinged that he now displays a painting of the Statue of Liberty wearing Muslim garb in his congressional office. This isn’t political thought, this is mental illness. But then, California is the state that gives us Nancy Pelosi and Maxine Waters, so, just par for the course, really.
- At long last, this is what you’re sorry for having done? – Caitlyn Jenner apologized to her dozens of fans for having been photographed wearing a “Make America Great Again” cap. Of all the millions of things Caitlyn Jenner owes an apology for, wearing a cap of any kind is not among them.
- Well, that’s a damn shame. – Reuters reports that the Justice Department is not looking to charge journalists for knowingly releasing leaked classified information to the public. Because no Republican can be counted on to do the right thing anymore. Sad!
- I am shocked, shocked to see temperatures falling in Australia! – I reported a couple of weeks ago about the scandal in Australia over the Bureau of Meteorology’s (BOM) effort to “revise” the national temperature data there to invent “global warming” where none is occurring. Graham Lloyd at The Australian is now reporting that, now that BOM has been caught and forced to properly record actual temperature data rather than make it all up, temperatures Down Under are suddenly plummeting. Go figure. No one could have seen that coming!
- Let the good times roll…or float… – Big news yesterday in New Orleans as heavy rains there overwhelmed the city’s utterly inadequate pumping system that is supposed to drain rain water off of city streets. While the Times Picayune reported this as if it were some rare occurrence, I have personally been in New Orleans three times in the last 20 years in which the same thing happened. And no, there weren’t any hurricanes coming through at those times. The simple fact of the matter is that New Orleans – which I love – is 11 feet below sea level on average, and when it rains heavily, the streets are gonna flood. This is not news, this is an inevitability.
- Wait. Is this question serious? Really??? – The mental midgets at Newsweek ran a piece with the following breathless headline: “WHY ARE MOST POLITICIANS WHITE 52 YEARS AFTER THE VOTING RIGHTS ACT WAS SIGNED INTO LAW?” Ummmmm…lessee here….hey, could it be because most people in America are white, even 52 years later? Now we know why Newsweek exists only in bandwidth. My goodness.
Just another day in praying for CalExit America.
That is all.
Today’s Campaign Update
(Because The Campaign Never Ends)
- The Democrat Party left him. – West Virginia Governor Big Jim Justice announced yesterday that he will be changing his party affiliation from Democrat to Republican. This move is most likely motivated by simple political survival instincts, as Donald Trump won the state in 2016 by an enormous margin over Hillary Clinton. Justice’s shift means that the GOP now controls 34 of the 50 governor’s offices in the country, and controls both the governorship and legislatures in 26 of 50 states. This is the legacy of the abuses of the Obama years. Thanks, Barack!
- Et tu, Joe? – One can only wonder how much longer it will take WVA’s Senator Joe Manchin to make a similar political calculation. Manchin is without doubt the most moderate Democrat in the senate today, and would likely vote with the Republicans well over half the time were he left to his own devices and not often held hostage to hardcore partisan politics. He’d better think fast, since he’s up for re-election next year in what has become one of the reddest red states in the country since his last election bid in 2012, thanks mainly to public reaction against Barack Obama’s aggressive efforts to kill the state’s coal industry.
- Are we past the Senatorial trading deadline? – Speaking of party switchers, nominally Republican Sen. From the News Media John McCain told the Arizona Republic on Thursday that he is in talks with one party’s senate leader about reviving the whole Gang of 8 Immigration “Reform” (i.e. open borders and amnesty) plan! Of course, that party leader is Chuck Schumer, not Mitch McConnell. Hey, here’s an idea, how about the Republicans just offer to trade John McCain for Joe Manchin, and call it even? At least then, both men would be inhabiting their natural environments.
- McCain logic 101. – Oh, but the Senator From the News Media wasn’t done. He also has decided that the whole 16 year ongoing fiasco in Afghanistan is all the fault of …wait for it…DONALD TRUMP! Yes, Senator, because everything was always great in Afghanistan for the 15 years prior to January 20, right? My goodness.
- By the way, if you are sitting there thinking that McCain’s latest bits of mendacity might mean that he is not in his right mind due to his fight against a very aggressive form of brain cancer, think again. This is McCain in his right mind – it’s just that his right mind has always been wrong.
- Bloomberg is reporting that National Security Advisor H.R. McMaster has concluded all by himself that Susan Rice is just a wonderful person whose national security top secret clearance needed to be renewed, and taken action to unilaterally renew it himself. Isn’t that great? Just further proof that some folks just need firing, and John Kelly needs to get busy.
- They’re a determined bunch. – A year ago today, congressional Republicans were the single most hated segment of the Washington DC establishment. They got lucky, though, as the Trump Campaign bailed them out of what otherwise would have been a major defeat at the polls. But they have squandered that good fortune, and are now, a year later, right back into the same situation, thanks in large part to their refusal to move on the major elements of the Trump agenda. In its latest poll released yesterday, Quinnipiac places congressional public approval at a record low 10%, down from 18% in March. It wasn’t easy to squander such a golden opportunity, but it is impossible to overestimate the ability of a bunch of Republicans to screw up a good thing. Great work, guys and gals!
- Oh, yeah, and Special Swamp Creature Robert Mueller leaked that he has convened a grand jury so he can start issuing subpoenas now. The Swamp is intent on taking this President down, and perfectly willing to take the country down with him if need be. Don’t kid yourselves otherwise.
Just another day feckless Republicans America.
That is all.
Today’s Campaign Update
(Because The Campaign Never Ends)
- The Obama policy legacy continues to be systematically repealed by President Trump and congress, but sadly, the Obama cultural legacy will live on for many years thanks to the hundreds of utterly corrupt individuals he appointed to the federal judiciary. Last night we saw the latest example of what will become a long-term lawless, corrupting influence in our daily lives, as Hawaii District Court Judge Derrick Watson issued his latest extra-constitutional ruling related to the President’s travel ban. No doubt many of you have been laboring under the illusion that the U.S. Supreme Court – which has already ruled on the ban – is the final arbiter of judicial actions in our country. Silly you.
- The Supreme Court, if you remember, decided that the President’s ban is clearly constitutional, but that it should not apply to those who have close relatives in the U.S. The Trump Administration interpreted that exception to include brothers, sisters, children and parents of U.S. citizens. Mr. Watson – he clearly doesn’t deserve to be referred to as “Judge” – has taken it upon himself to decide for the entire nation that the Administration’s interpretation is just too darn narrow, and has ordered that the exception be expanded to “grandparents, grandchildren, aunts, uncles and”…wait for it…wait for it…COUSINS!
- Now, think about that last one for a minute. Mr. Watson (Sherlock Holmes would no doubt be ashamed) does not put any limitation on what that particular designation means. Is it just first cousins? Second cousins? Should we include 3rd and 4th cousins twice removed? What about step cousins – do they have a pressing need to just willy-nilly be allowed into our country for some unexplained reason?
- And how are our already-overwhelmed immigration officials supposed to verify such claims to cousin-ship? Are they supposed to get online, go out to Ancestry.com, pay to establish accounts for such immigrants, and trace their ancestry back to some great-great-great-grand uncle they have in common with a U.S. resident? See the problem?
- So, the inevitable result of Mr. Watson’s order here will be what Barack Hussein Obama always sought to create for our society in every decision he made: Chaos. This is what leftist radical community organizers do, it’s what Barack Obama has spent his entire adult life doing, and it is what his hundreds of judicial appointees will continue to try to do to our society long after Mr. Obama has left office.
- If any of this surprises you, you just haven’t been paying attention.
- In other news, a truck carrying a load of slimy eels overturned on an Oregon highway on Thursday, and all I could think of was that this is just like when Congress comes back into session from one of its 752 annual recesses.
- Speaking of congress, Senate Republicans revealed their latest version of Obamacare reform legislation, and guess what? The only “free market” piece of its 200+ pages is the 2 sentence amendment proposed by Texas Senator Ted Cruz. Otherwise, the bill looks an awful lot like…well, it looks an awful lot like Obamacare, retaining as it does most of Obamacare’s taxes and subsidies, although it would at least eliminate the clearly unconstitutional (I don’t give a damn what Justice Roberts says) personal mandate.
- So it’s not the promised “repeal and replace”, but rather a modest reform of the current system. But, as modest as it is, it would reduce the mushrooming federal budget deficit, provide consumers will vastly more options in their health insurance choices, and reduce paperwork burdens on caregivers. The wretched Susan Collins and libertarian Rand Paul have already announced they won’t vote for the bill, but the rest of Senate Rs, if they give a damn about the country, had better line up behind it and get it passed. If they don’t, there will be hell to pay at the voting booth next November.
Just another day in Slimy Eel America.
That is all.
- Heads exploded all across the fake news media on Wednesday when President Trump, asked by a fake reporter if he “thinks” Susan Rice committed a crime, gave an honest answer: “Do I ‘think’? Yes, I ‘think’.” The fake media will wail and scream about this statement for weeks, because they are unalterably opposed to anything Donald Trump says or does, and thus incapable of actually learning anything real about him. But everyone else needs to realize that, when the President says something controversial like this, he does so for a reason. The fake media spent a month claiming the President had “no evidence” that he and his transition team had been spied on by the Obama minions, and now simply ignore the compelling evidence that he was in fact correct about that. This very scenario of Trump making seemingly unsupported statements that later turn out to be absolutely true played itself out time after time during the campaign as well. It’s a very safe bet that, if the President “thinks” that Susan Rice committed a crime, that is because he has been advised that that is the case by his advisors and lawyers.
- These guys couldn’t sneak up on a dead oak tree.: The fake reporters and fake editors at Reuters ran with a story on Wednesday titled “Window Closing On Republican Stealth Assault on U.S. Regulations.” “Stealth Assault”???? Really? Is there really anyone in America who still does not know that President Trump and congressional Republicans are going about reversing many of the most heinous regulatory actions of the Obama Administration? Has Reuters just not sent any reporters to all of those very high profile press conferences on Capitol Hill during which GOP members of congress have bragged about all the regulations they’re going to de-fund and reverse using the Congressional Review Act? Have all of Reuters’ fake journalists simply missed the endless television loops and front page newspaper stories with huge photos of President Trump signing dozens of executive orders that reverse Obama regulatory actions? Is there no one at Reuters who even proof-reads their reports anymore? Holy cow. #Fakenews, defined.
- The Times was for it before they were against it.: And speaking of #fakenews, the fake editors and fake reporters at the fake NY Times, after praising then-Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid’s move in 2013 to abolish the filibuster for federal judicial nominations, published a fake piece on Wednesday in which its fake writer frets about the possibility that Mitch McConnell might do the same for Supreme Court nominees. The fake writer then frets about whether or not the evil Republicans might then go ahead and just abolish the filibuster for legislation as well. So much fake fretting going on at the fake NY Times these days, after eight years of never fretting at all. Funny how that works.
- Tired of winning yet?: The government reports that the U.S. economy added a whopping 263,000 jobs in March. The consensus of “experts” had projected the number would be more like 170,000. Which it would have been, if Barack Obama were still President.
- No one snatches defeat from the jaws of victory like congressional Republicans.: As he prepares to adjourn the House of Representatives for its completely unearned two week vacation, Speaker Paul Ryan announced that his GOP majority – which somehow managed to vote to repeal Obamacare dozens of times while it knew Barack Obama would veto any such bill – just cannot find a way to agree on a bill to modify the healthcare atrocity now that there is a Republican sitting in the White House anxiously awaiting to sign a bill – any bill – that comes his way. In other news, you can now find Paul Ryan’s photo adjacent to the word “Ineffective” in the latest version of Webster’s Dictionary.
- Let’s just send them all to the unemployment office instead.: I know I’ve pointed it out before, but it deserves repeating here: The do-nothing House of Representatives and do-nothing Senate are working a grand total of 8 – EIGHT! – days in April, and are currently scheduled to work a total of 12 days in May. If these people were actual employees, they’d all be fired, and deservedly so.
- Yahoo News reports that pop songs are getting faster as Americans’ attention spans are getting shorter. This story was very interesting to me, and I just wanted to say that…hey, look at that bird over there!
Just another day in short attention-span America.
That is all.
- This makes them different from the Democrats….how, again?: With the Democrats threatening to shut down the federal government over the pending expiration of the current continuing resolution (CR), Republican “leaders” in both the House and Senate have already conceded that they will continue to fund Planned Parenthood and Obamacare, and will deny President Trump’s request for funding for the border wall. I’m sorry, but didn’t we just have an election about every one of those funding priorities last November, and didn’t the voters indicate they prefer to reverse all three of those decisions by the pathetic GOP congressional leadership? What am I missing here?
- Let’s just rename it The Federal Bureau of Non-Disclosure.: You would have had to search long and hard to find it due to the mainstream fake media blackout on anything not harmful to President Trump, but the Weekly Standard reports that House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes pointed out yet again that the FBI is still stonewalling his Committee’s requests for information related to its investigation of the Democrats’ Trump/Russia fantasy. In response to Nunes’s statement, the FBI sent a spokesman out to say “We’re cooperating”, and then presumably went back to stonewalling the Committee.
- But was her son, Scut, involved? What about his toady, Grover Dill?: Speaking of stories you can’t find, a former Obama official named Evelyn Farkas told Mika Brzezenzski (or however you spell that name) on MSNBC early in March that she and many other Obama officials had indeed participated in an organized effort to circulate raw surveillance intelligence involving members of the Trump Transition Team, and had gladly shared the intel with members of the fake news media, unmasking some American citizens in the process. She told this all to MSNBC gladly, and in a manner that made it obvious she is in fact proud of her actions. She apparently did not understand that, in the process of that interview, she was potentially admitting to the commission of multiple felonies by herself, other Obama officials and members of the fake news media. Thus, the fake news media has been jointly sitting on this story hoping it would just fade away. Trouble is, the story has been getting a ton of attention in the realm of talk radio this week, so suddenly Ms. Farkas felt the need to go back on cable TV on Thursday to deny everything she had told Mika. And her friends in the fake news media will nod their heads and move on. Nothing to see here, all is well.
- Editor: you really think the public will buy that cock and bull story? Reporter: Well, sure, er, the Democrats will, at least.: Rather than report on the admissions of Ms. Farkas, the fake (literally fake, since it is no longer in print) magazine Newsweek ran with a “blockbuster” story about how our suddenly intrepid (now that he’s bashing a Republican) bi-polar FBI Director James Comey really, truly, no kidding was begging to run to the NY Times late last summer with an op-ed in which he would reveal the Russian efforts to “rig” the elections. And guess who stopped him? Why, our hero, Barack Obama, of course! Also of course, this Newsweek “blockbuster” is based solely on the word of not one, but two (!) source…who naturally remain unidentified. *sigh* #Fakenews at its finest.
- A story you can easily find this morning is the Wall Street Journal’s report that General Mike Flynn has offered to testify before the Senate Intelligence Committee in exchange for immunity. Upon hearing of this offer by Gen. Flynn, talking heads all over the fake news media exploded, and immediately jumped to the conclusion they have jumped to 1,000 times before over the last 21 months, which is that “this is finally it” for President Trump. Trouble is, if you read the whole WSJ story, you find this statement from Gen. Flynn’s lawer:Mr. Kelner, Mr. Flynn’s attorney, decried the “unfounded allegations, outrageous claims of treason” and other charges by lawmakers and media commentators.“No reasonable person, who has the benefit of advice from counsel, would submit to questioning in such a highly politicized, witch-hunt environment without assurances against unfair prosecution,” he said.That doesn’t sound much like someone who’s getting read to toss the POTUS under the bus. It sounds a lot like someone who saw the shameful travesty that happened with Scooter Libby during the last Republican presidential administration, and who wants to avoid the same fate.
But hey, it’s all Trump Derangement Syndrome, all the time in the fake news media.
That is all.