Today’s Campaign Update
(Because The Campaign Never Ends)
- It is a sad truth of our current societal situation that those on the left wing of the political spectrum no longer possess the ability to argue political issues based on anything resembling facts or logic. I used to say that they no longer desire to do so, but it has become abundantly clear over the last decade that progressives simply no longer have the ability.
- The left abandoned any effort to really debate issues at the outset of the Bill Clinton presidency, as the Clintons brought their Saul Alinsky rules for radicals tactics to the White House. Those rules consist of a dozen tactics that focus away from working cooperatively with the opposition to reach reasonable compromises on issues, and focus instead on a mounting a constant drumbeat of demonization of the opposition. What was at first a conscious, intentional decision by those on the left to abandon facts and logic has, after 25 years, become a complete loss of the skill.
- Rule 12 reads “Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it.” This is the tactic the Democrats and the fake news media have used against President Trump since Hillary Clinton and her campaign people invented the “Russia Collusion” fantasy play two days after last November’s election. That fantasy, and James Comey’s collusion with it, got them a Special Counel investigation, and will probably nab them a few victims like Paul Manafort for Robert Mueller and his team of Clinton/Obama shills to prosecute. That tactic initially conformed to Alinsky Rule #6, “A good tactic is one your people enjoy.”
- But it has now worn thin with the public, as the months and months of investigations turn up no real evidence that Donald Trump and his people colluded with the Russians in any way. As a result, it has run up onto the shoals of Alinsky Rule 7, “A tactic that drags on too long becomes a drag.” This is why the Democrat/fake media axis of disinformation had to move onto another tactic for freezing and polarizing the President.
- So, along came Charlottesville. We now know that the clown who organized the “Unite the Right” white supremacist rally there and got it permitted, Jason Kessler, is a leftist radical who was also an organizer of the George Soros-funded Occupy Wall Street movement. Probably not coincidentally, it also appears that he is a former producer at …wait for it…CNN! Given Kessler’s true identity, it is a safe bet that other leftwing radicals participated in that “Unite the Right” rally in order to create negative footage for CNN and other fake news outlets to air. Classic Alinsky tactics.
- To ensure maximum negative footage from Charlottesville, leftwingers funded by Soros arranged to bus in hundreds of Antifa and Black Lives Matter thugs to stage an un-permitted protest and turn the whole thing into a riot. We now know that the police were told to stand down by the city’s leftist radical mayor to ensure maximum carnage took place, and then reliable Clinton toady Terry McAuliffe, the governor of Virginia, gave a completely false and inflammatory speech once the damage was all done.
- At that point, it did not matter what President Trump said in the wake of the tragic event, he was going to be demonized by the Axis of Disinformation, because that is the final step in this strategy, in keeping with Alinsky Rule #12. His statement on Saturday was perfectly fine. Indeed, both former presidents with the last name of Bush issued almost exactly the same statement on Wednesday, and the media parroted it without negative comment.
- Thus, the tactic that had drug on for too long – Russia Collusion – now has been shifted to a new tactic the leftists love – Trump is a racist, with the fake news media lapdogs loyally executing Rule #8, “Keep the pressure on. Never let up.”
- Make no mistake, this is the left’s playbook for as long as Donald Trump is President. There will be no logical debates. There will be no cooperation in congress, no compromise on Obamacare, tax reform, infrastucture or any other of the major issues. Indeed, so long as congressional Republicans continue their own responsive tactics of cowering in fear and making carefully-worded statements that conform to the left’s current narrative, this is how it will be from now on, because that cowardly response by the GOP only breeds confidence among the left.
- Real conservatives have a choice to make, and that choice amounts to surrender, or working to defeat the left without quarter and without compromise. Conservatives need to deploy their own set of tactics against the left designed to achieve victory. The tactics below are based on Alinsky Rule 1, “Power is not only what you have, but what the enemy thinks you have.”:
- Stop engaging them in debate – after all, they stopped engaging with you in any real way a quarter century ago;
- Work to regulate the hell out of social media monopolies like Google, Facebook, YouTube and Twitter. Make Silicon Valley pay for its collective decision to become a propaganda arm of the Democrat Party. Anti-trust rules exist for good reason – President Trump should work to become the reincarnation of Teddy Roosevelt;
- The Justice Department should bring RICO prosecutions against the Clintons and top officials at their pay-to-play family crime foundation. This classic mob-modeled racket is exactly why the RICO laws exist. Use them;
- Jeff Sessions should appoint a second special counsel to investigate Robert Mueller and his obvious conflicts, and his decision to hire only Democrat shills in his investigation, and a third special counsel to investigate Hillary Clinton’s email abuses, and Bill Clinton and Loretta Lynch’s efforts to fix the 2016 FBI investigation;
- The President should appoint West Virginia Democrat Senator Joe Manchin to be Secretary of Energy, after moving Rick Perry over to be the Secretary of Homeland Security. That will allow WVA GOP Gov. Justice to appoint a Republican to take Manchin’s place, raising the GOP’s senate majority by one.
- The Republican senate majority should eliminate the filibuster rule entirely, eliminating the ability of the Democrat minority to roadblock progress. If Majority Leader Mitch McConnell doesn’t have the stomach for this battle, conservative senators should refuse to cooperate with leadership until McConnell steps down from the job.
- This could go on and on – there are tons of tactics at the disposal of real conservatives in this fight. The point is this: the Republican Party is the clear majority party in this country, and it is long past time that it started acting like it. Republicans have allowed themselves to be cowed and paralyzed by the left’s Alinsky tactics for a quarter of a century now, and we see them still trying to engage these radicals in constructive debates on issues.
- The Alinsky Democrats cannot be reasoned with, they can only be defeated. Albert Einstein famously said that “doing the same thing over and over again, expecting a different result is the definition of insanity.” There is no time like the present for conservatives to stop being insane.
Just another day in Saul Alinsky-dominated America.
That is all.