Today’s Campaign Update
(Because The Campaign Never Ends)
- Well, the news media covered for him as long as they could, but the news finally came out yesterday that Senator John McCain’s “surgery for a blood clot above his eye” that would only have him absent from the Senate for a week turns out to actually be an initial surgery for a very aggressive form of cancerous brain tumor called Glioblastoma. While we will no doubt continue to see “optimistic” reports from doctors about the Senator’s condition, the truth is that this is a very, very grave situation. I won’t pretend to be a fan of Senator McCain – I’ve often mocked him as The Senator From The News Media, and found his behavior while George W. Bush and Donald Trump were serving as Presidents to be inexcusable. But many consider McCain to be a national hero, and few human beings have fought and survived against the brutality that he has suffered during his life. I wouldn’t wish his current battle on my worst enemy. Godspeed.
- Let’s talk about congressional Republicans. A year ago today, Republicans in congress were possibly the single most-detested part of the ruling class in Washington, DC. They had, as a group, made more false and failed promises to voters over the previous seven years than almost any such collective group of politicians in American history. They were headed at that point for a thrashing at the voting booths, with “experts” and polls indicating the GOP would lose its Senate majority and could possibly lose the House as well, if Hillary Clinton defeated Donald Trump in a landslide in the presidential contest.
- But a funny thing happened on the way to electoral disaster: Donald Trump ran what was certainly an unconventional compaign, but one that was also a rousing success. The media-promoted and projected Clinton landslide became a crushing defeat for her, and it also bailed the GOP congress out, allowing the Party to retain control of both houses of congress.
- Suddenly, congressional Republicans were back. Contrary to the prevailing “wisdom” among DC “experts”, it wasn’t the GOP that was falling apart and doomed to ultimate destruction, it was the Democrats. And it wasn’t just in Washington: the results of the 2016 elections gave the GOP control of 2/3rds of the nation’s governorships, 2/3rds of the nation’s legislative chambers, and the Party was about to cement a narrow, 5/4 conservative majority on the U.S. Supreme Court with the confirmation of Justice Gorsuch.
- Even better, the election results presented congressional Republicans with a golden opportunity to redeem themselves, to repair their stained reputations by finally, at long last, keeping their collective word to repeal and replace Obamacare. They had an opportunity to cement their majorities and build on them in the upcoming 2018 mid-terms if they could also pass a strong tax reform bill, and demonstrate to the American voters that the GOP could indeed be an effective governing party.
- And that, of course, is where it has all fallen apart. Since January, under the utterly ineffective leadership of Speaker Paul Ryan and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, the congressional GOP has done nothing to repair its image, little to keep its promises, nothing to prove to the American people that it deserves to be the majority party in the national legislative body.
- Worse, the GOP congress has proven that its repeated votes to repeal Obamacare while Barack Obama presented a certain veto were nothing more than cynical political theater, and meant nothing at all. It is now obvious that liberal senators like Lisa Murkowski and Susan Collins have no desire to do anything about the Obamacare disaster at all, and that Mitch McConnell has no ability or real desire to exert control over his senate caucus on this issue.
- If you want proof of that latter contention, realize that McConnell, if he really wanted to get to a majority vote on Obamacare, could be threatening Murkowski with the loss of her chairmanship of the Senate Energy Committee or Collins with the loss of her coveted chairmanship of the Senate Homeland Security Committee. Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer have no qualms about resorting to such measures to ensure their troops march in lockstep when they need votes. By refusing to do so, McConnell proves that he is simply not serious about the Obamacare issue.
- To this point, the GOP congress has looked like an old Keystone Cops movie, with members running in all directions, showing no discipline, having no leadership, resolving no issues of import. If this continues, then Republicans will go into the 2018 midterms once again sporting the status as the most hated subset of the DC ruling class.
- And this time, they won’t have Donald Trump to bail them out.
- Having said all of that, I still believe that the Senate Rs will somehow get to 50 votes on a flat repeal of Obamacare with a 2-year window before it recesses in mid-August. I believe this because they have almost all voted to do this in the past, when a veto was ensured, and it is in their political best interest to repeat that vote now that a repeal would be signed. If they can’t even do that, then those members who refuse to repeat that repeal vote had better start looking for something to do in their post-senate careers.
Just another day in disastrous Republican congress America.
That is all.
Today’s Campaign Update
(Because The Campaign Never Ends)
- Huh. Guess he actually looked in a mirror.: Fareed Zakaria, one of the fake news media’s best examples of an utterly intolerant, closed-minded, anti-free speech liberal, actually said the following on CNN yesterday: “Liberals think they are tolerant but often they aren’t…Freedom of speech and thought is not just for warm fuzzy ideas that we find comfortable, it’s for ideas that we find offensive,” Zakaria said. He added that while there was a strain of anti-intellectualism on the right, “there is also an anti-intellectualism on the left. An attitude of self-righteousness that says we are so pure, we are so morally superior; we cannot bear to hear an idea with which we disagree.” We should expect Mr. Zakaria to be fired by his utterly intolerant, closed-minded, anti-free speech #fakenews superiors at CNN any day now.
- That brimstone aroma you are smelling is emanating from Chappaqua…: Axios reports that friends of the Most Corrupt Woman in America say their heroine “seething with rage & haunted by losing to someone she considers a soulless manipulator.” So, just a normal day in the Clinton marriage, then.
- This is how you know President Trump’s meeting with the G7 leaders was a rousing success.: The fake reporters at the Washington Post are reporting that German Chancellor Angela Merkel is highly distressed about her interactions with President Trump over the past weekend, and is now telling her peers in other European nations that “Europe must now fend for ourselves.” The fake news media and the useful idiots who infest the #NeverTrump world are tearing their hair out over this because they still don’t understand why Trump was elected President in the first place.
- So, it was just like when he meets with the House Republican caucus?: When House Speaker Paul Ryan visited a DC middle school last Friday, more than half of the 8th graders there – encouraged by their idiot parents – refused to pose for a group photo with him. But then, it’s hard to imagine why he would have expected any other outcome, given that 97% of DC voters are Democrats.
- Because they’re just as easy to murder as anyone else.: Rahm Emmanuel, Mayor of Murder City, er, Chicago, told CNN fake news host Dana Bash that illegal immigrants are welcome in his city, and that “they are part of the Chicago family.” He failed to warn those “family members” that members of Chicago’s “family” are gunned down on streets by other “family members” at an increasingly alarming rate, thanks largely to his own failure of leadership.
- What is it with Democrats and pedophilia?: An assistant to communist New York Mayor Bill DeBlasio, Jacob Schwartz, was arrested Saturday on charges of trafficking in kiddie porn, involving victims as young as six months of age. Mr. Schwartz was recently described as a “rising star” in the Democrat Party by CNN, where he has appeared on panel discussions in the past. We can bet the fake news media will do everything in its power to completely ignore this story.
- Something is about to hit the fan.: Meanwhile, multiple news outlets – some fake, like CBS, but also some real, like One America News – are reporting that investigators have identified three White House staffers as being the sources for many of the leaks we have seen in the press in recent weeks. Supposedly, those three staffers will be arrested and publicly identified later this week. If these reports are accurate – which of course is a real crap shoot these days – then sh*t is about to get real.
Just another day in sh*t hitting the fan America.
That is all.
- Democrats have now set themselves up with a big problem, thanks to their incessant, irrational talk about “Impeachment” over the last few months: They now have a radical leftwing base that expects them to deliver the goods, and soon. The trouble is, it’s a goal that is not deliverable any time in the foreseeable future. In doing this, the Democrats have set themselves up with the very same conundrum that Republicans set themselves up with on Obamacare.
- Why is it not deliverable? First because, simply, the impeachment of a president requires there to be a crime. So far, despite all the sound and fury and fake news reports based solely on unnamed “sources”, no crime has been identified. Indeed, no crime on the part of President Trump has even been alleged, as confirmed by a series of former Obama officials, the now-fired Director of the FBI and every Democrat Senator who has been willing to opine on the question. Hell, even the insufferable nitwit Maxine Waters was forced to admit this reality early this week. No crime, no impeachment. It really is that simple.
- Second is the next reality that the impeachment process is managed in the U.S. House of Representatives, where the Republicans currently control a very large majority of seats. The approval of articles of impeachment requires a majority vote in the house, meaning that, even if every Democrat were to vote in favor, dozens of Republicans would have to join them in that effort. And getting to that point assumes that Republican Speaker of the House Paul Ryan would even allow such a process to begin on his watch. Ryan has never been a fan of President Trump, obviously, but he is a loyal Republican, and it’s hard to imagine him allowing such a process to even begin on his watch, barring revelations that some real crimes have been committed by the President.
- Third is the reality that Impeachment simply means that the house has voted to accuse the President of crimes that merit his removal from office. The removal process is managed in the U.S. Senate, where again, Republicans have control, and where Majority Leader Mitch McConnell has even more control over the process than Speaker Ryan does in the house. Making things even more difficult, the actual removal of a president from office requires a 2/3rds vote of the senate, not a simple majority, so it is not something Democrats would be able to accomplish by simply having disloyal Rinos like John McCain and Lindsey Graham join them in the effort.
- So basically, the Democrats, as the Republicans did seven years ago related to Obamacare, have now created an expectation among their base voters that they have no current way of satisfying, and let’s face it, the Democrat base is basically insane at this point in its overwhelming rage, and not known for its patience. This is a segment of our society that behaves in such an irrational manner because it believes it is entitled to have its way.
- The Democrats are now going to have to base their campaigns in the 2018 mid-term elections on a promise to impeach President Trump if they are given majorities in not one, but both houses of congress. This is a promise that, absent the revelation of some real crime committed by President Trump, is likely to turn as many people off as it turns on. It’s one thing to campaign against a piece of legislation, as the GOP did for the last 7 years; it’s quite another thing to base a campaign on the promise of never-ending chaos that is incredibly damaging to American democracy. Democrat base voters don’t care about such things, but independent voters by and large do.
- And here’s another pesky reality of life facing congressional Democrats: they aren’t likely to win a majority in either house of congress in 2018, much less both houses. House districts have been so expertly gerrymandered by both parties over the last 40 years that only a few dozen races will even be competitive, and Republicans will win their share of those competitive races. Democrats might close the gap in the House, but odds are very remote that they will turn it completely.
- The Senate is even tougher for Democrats, as more than half of their senate membership is up for re-election in 2018, and they will have to defend 25 of 34 seats that are in play. Eight of those seats currently occupied by Democrats are in states that were easily won in 2016 by Donald Trump. The most likely scenario for 2018 is that the Republicans will actually increase their majority in the Senate, not lose ground.
- Where does that leave the Democrats in 2019? It leaves them with an even angrier base of voters than they already have, though I know it’s hard to imagine that being the case. Further, it leaves them with literally no way to placate that perpetually enraged base going into the 2020 presidential elections. That in turn means that the Democrat Party will continue to migrate even further to the far left than it already is in its never-ending efforts to placate the rage. That leftwards lurch will almost certainly result in a presidential nominee who is unabashedly socialist/fascist, like Bernie Sanders, who will be pushing 80 by 2020, or the Fake Indian Senator from Massachusetts, who will be easily marginalized as the nut job she truly is.
- We have seen many Democrats now begin to back off from using the “I” word over the last couple of weeks, in part because of the appointment of a special counsel to investigate their Trump/Russia collusion fantasy, and in part because the smarter among them – like Sen. Feinstein – have worked through the same logical progression detailed above. But this won’t last for long, because their base of perpetual rage-filled entitlement babies won’t allow it.
- This is the house that the Democrats have built for themselves by allowing their worst nitwits to lead the party’s public messaging assault on President Trump. Who knows? Perhaps they’ll be able to manage it all to a successful conclusion. But the odds are very much against it, because the process of impeaching and removing a president was devised by much, much smarter people than they are.
Just another day in premature impeachment frenzy America.
That is all.
- Today’s Required Reading: George Soros, that evil old leftist radical who funds Black Lives Matter and other U.S. leftist violent protest groups, essentially owns the Democratic Party, and who has played such a large role in the flooding of Europe with Muslim immigrants, is now buying up district attorneys around the country. Great report on his latest efforts to destroy the free world here.
- Can we get the WaPo and NYTimes to quit making stuff up about Comey now?: Guy Benson, one of the handful of real journalists still working in Washington DC today, posted video on Twitter yesterday from James Comey’s May 3 sworn testimony to congress. In response to a question, Mr. Comey clearly and unequivocally states that no one in the Trump or any other administration, not the President or anyone else, has ever asked him to stop any investigation, ever. Period. In response, the WaPo and NYTimes issued several more made-up stories about Comey based on nothing but unidentified, anonymous “sources”. Because that’s all they know to do anymore.
- Cats everywhere are cringing in fear…: The Daily Mail reports that officials in China have banned the selling and consuming of dog meat at the nation’s annual Yulin festival, at which dog meat has traditionally been the dish of choice. The government is not planning to ban the killing and serving of any other types of animals that people in the Western world tend to name and treat like family members these days. I swear I don’t make this stuff up.
- If this surprises you, you just don’t understand the real ability of House Republicans to screw up any one car parade.: It was revealed yesterday that House Speaker Paul Ryan hasn’t actually sent the much-vaunted Obamacare repeal and replace bill to the Senate yet. Why? Because he’s afraid he may have to put the matter up for another vote, depending on how the score from the Congressional Budget Office turns out. Next time someone tells you Donald Trump doesn’t know what he’s doing, refer that person to Paul Ryan.
- Meanwhile, in an obvious effort to change the subject and calm the financial markets, Ryan and House Ways and Means Chairman Kevin Brady started talking about their tax reform effort again, holding a meeting with business leaders from around the country. Can’t wait to see how many times they’re planning to hold votes on that one.
- They’re just “leaving”. Get it?: The fake journalists at The Atlantic filed a report titled “American Trees Are Moving West And No One Knows Why”. Naturally, the fake reporter quotes fake climate scientists who state with all certainty that climate change – which is responsible for everything from acid indigestion to thinning hair on desert jumping rats – accounts for “no more than 20%” of this mysterious tree migration. Seriously, you have to read this story to believe it.
- Tired of winning yet?: ICE reports that arrests of illegal immigrants at the southern border are up by 40% this year over the same period in 2016. As reported earlier, the agency also estimates that total illegal border crossings are down by more than 75% in the same year-over-year measure. If we could count on the next Democrat elected to the presidency to continue to simply enforce U.S. immigration law, no fence would be necessary. Unfortunately, we all know we can’t count on any such thing.
Just another day in winning despite the fake news media America.
That is all.
- Republicans in the House of Representatives actually managed to achieve something of significance, passing a bill that would revamp the collapsing Obamacare system, hopefully in ways that make it something that’s actually workable. After the vote, they paid the Democrats back for the rub-it-in celebration they held earlier in the week following the vote on the atrocity of a spending bill with a rub-it-in session of their own at the White House. Which is fine, since rubbing it in on your opponent is perhaps the longest-standing tradition in American politics.
- Democrats on the House floor pretended to be happy at the vote, chanting “na-na-hey-hey-goodbye” at Republicans as they left the chamber, implying that the vote would harm their chances for re-election. But no one believed they were happy to see the successful first step of reversing their socialist power grab of 1/6th of the national economy. Afterwards, they did what Democrats always do when faced with adversity: They ran to their agents in the fake news media and lied in unison about what the bill does and does not do. Don’t be angry at them – it’s all they got.
- It’s important to note that the only reason the GOP was able to secure enough votes to pass this bill was due to weeks of tireless pressuring, arm-twisting and cajoling by President Donald Trump. I laughed out loud when I heard one Democrat toady on radio say “well, that’s the kind of thing that Barack Obama wouldn’t do, because he found it beneath him.” Note to nitwit: that’s why Obamacare was the one and only major legislative achievement of the entire Obama Administration.
- That is an important point to remember, because Barack Obama’s refusal to “lower” himself to participate in the give and take of making legislation and passing his priorities into law is the main reason why his “legacy”, such as it is, has been so easy for Donald Trump and a Republican congress to erase. Mr. Obama chose to govern by executive order and massive regulatory expansion, rather than trying to make his policies permanent features of law. As we have seen with the Republicans’ halting efforts on Obamacare, it is far harder to reverse a statute than it is to rescind an executive order or rewrite a bad regulation.
- It is this lack of permanence, lack of real foundations in the law that is one of the major reasons why Democrats and their collaborating fake news media responded so desperately and viciously to the election of President Trump, and why they go to such lengths to mis-inform the public about what he is and isn’t doing.
- But it isn’t working. Despite the daily faking of the news by 95% of the national news media, the Obama legacy is slowly but surely vanishing before our eyes. In fact, it really hasn’t been very slow, has it?
- One more thing to note about all of this before I call it good. Donald Trump has repeatedly stated that it is not an accident that Obamacare is collapsing this year, and that it was in fact designed to do so. Democrats and their fake journalist collaborators pooh-pooh that notion in response, but it is in fact the truth. Obamacare was never designed as a permanent program: it was intentionally designed to produce shortages of service, massively higher premiums, and to run insurers out of the market and out of business, generating a crisis point early in the first term of Obama’s successor. The plan, of course, was for The Most Corrupt Woman in America to be his successor, so that she could then, in response to the crisis Obamacare had created, tell the nation that our only course would be to implement the Canadian-style single-payer nationalization of medical care she and the Democrat Party have had as their ultimate goal for the last half-century.
- But the voters tossed a monkey-wrench into that grand plan last November. If you wonder why all your progressive friends have gone stark raving mad since the early morning of November 9, well, now you know.
Just another day in vanishing Obama legacy America.
That is all.
Photo credit: royallifenews.com
- Panicked over Democrat threats to shut down the government if they did not get each and every one of their spending priorities, congressional Republicans did what they pretty much always do and caved like a bunch of Frenchmen at the first sign of adversity, spent more than a trillion dollars of your money, and allowed Chuck Schumer and Nancy Pelosi to hold celebratory press conferences declaring victory for their tiny minority party. Even worse, President Donald Trump signed the atrocity, which spends your money like a drunken sailor on shore leave through the end of September, into law. It’s a disgrace, plain and simple, and if you don’t have utter contempt for the GOP congress after this latest in a long, long line of budgetary fiascos, I don’t know what to say to you.
- This was an enormous lost opportunity for President Trump, who should have laughed at the bill, which does not contain a single one of his stated spending priorities, and sent it back to Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell in shreds. There is absolutely no smart political reason for Donald Trump to fear the shut down of what amounts to 14% of the federal government. What, is he going to get some bad press if he lets the Democrats do that? My God, bad press is the only kind of press he gets. It’s how he got elected, for crying out loud.
- I have no idea which of his senior people advised him to capitulate in this way, but whomever it is needs firing. Because these people have no earthly idea why Donald Trump is president in the first place (Clue: He got elected to SHUT DOWN THE GOVERNMENT in situations exactly like this), and is sadly succeeding in making the President forget why as well.
- Yesterday was a really bad day for President Trump, and a truly awful day for America, because it showed the President is losing focus on why he was elected in the first place. We’d all better hope he gets that focus back very quickly. You expect this kind of limp-wristed nonsense from congressional Republicans, but you didn’t vote for Donald Trump so that he could sign onto it as well.
- I’m too pissed off to write about anything else. Sorry. I’ll try to do better tomorrow.
Just another day in RINO congress America.
That is all.
- This makes them different from the Democrats….how, again?: With the Democrats threatening to shut down the federal government over the pending expiration of the current continuing resolution (CR), Republican “leaders” in both the House and Senate have already conceded that they will continue to fund Planned Parenthood and Obamacare, and will deny President Trump’s request for funding for the border wall. I’m sorry, but didn’t we just have an election about every one of those funding priorities last November, and didn’t the voters indicate they prefer to reverse all three of those decisions by the pathetic GOP congressional leadership? What am I missing here?
- Let’s just rename it The Federal Bureau of Non-Disclosure.: You would have had to search long and hard to find it due to the mainstream fake media blackout on anything not harmful to President Trump, but the Weekly Standard reports that House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes pointed out yet again that the FBI is still stonewalling his Committee’s requests for information related to its investigation of the Democrats’ Trump/Russia fantasy. In response to Nunes’s statement, the FBI sent a spokesman out to say “We’re cooperating”, and then presumably went back to stonewalling the Committee.
- But was her son, Scut, involved? What about his toady, Grover Dill?: Speaking of stories you can’t find, a former Obama official named Evelyn Farkas told Mika Brzezenzski (or however you spell that name) on MSNBC early in March that she and many other Obama officials had indeed participated in an organized effort to circulate raw surveillance intelligence involving members of the Trump Transition Team, and had gladly shared the intel with members of the fake news media, unmasking some American citizens in the process. She told this all to MSNBC gladly, and in a manner that made it obvious she is in fact proud of her actions. She apparently did not understand that, in the process of that interview, she was potentially admitting to the commission of multiple felonies by herself, other Obama officials and members of the fake news media. Thus, the fake news media has been jointly sitting on this story hoping it would just fade away. Trouble is, the story has been getting a ton of attention in the realm of talk radio this week, so suddenly Ms. Farkas felt the need to go back on cable TV on Thursday to deny everything she had told Mika. And her friends in the fake news media will nod their heads and move on. Nothing to see here, all is well.
- Editor: you really think the public will buy that cock and bull story? Reporter: Well, sure, er, the Democrats will, at least.: Rather than report on the admissions of Ms. Farkas, the fake (literally fake, since it is no longer in print) magazine Newsweek ran with a “blockbuster” story about how our suddenly intrepid (now that he’s bashing a Republican) bi-polar FBI Director James Comey really, truly, no kidding was begging to run to the NY Times late last summer with an op-ed in which he would reveal the Russian efforts to “rig” the elections. And guess who stopped him? Why, our hero, Barack Obama, of course! Also of course, this Newsweek “blockbuster” is based solely on the word of not one, but two (!) source…who naturally remain unidentified. *sigh* #Fakenews at its finest.
- A story you can easily find this morning is the Wall Street Journal’s report that General Mike Flynn has offered to testify before the Senate Intelligence Committee in exchange for immunity. Upon hearing of this offer by Gen. Flynn, talking heads all over the fake news media exploded, and immediately jumped to the conclusion they have jumped to 1,000 times before over the last 21 months, which is that “this is finally it” for President Trump. Trouble is, if you read the whole WSJ story, you find this statement from Gen. Flynn’s lawer:Mr. Kelner, Mr. Flynn’s attorney, decried the “unfounded allegations, outrageous claims of treason” and other charges by lawmakers and media commentators.“No reasonable person, who has the benefit of advice from counsel, would submit to questioning in such a highly politicized, witch-hunt environment without assurances against unfair prosecution,” he said.That doesn’t sound much like someone who’s getting read to toss the POTUS under the bus. It sounds a lot like someone who saw the shameful travesty that happened with Scooter Libby during the last Republican presidential administration, and who wants to avoid the same fate.
But hey, it’s all Trump Derangement Syndrome, all the time in the fake news media.
That is all.