- The people of Atlanta did the smart thing today with their decrepit, run-down old domed football stadium: They imploded it. Hopefully, this will serve as an object lesson to the people of Houston, who keep spending millions of dollars on goofy schemes to turn the Astrodome into a parking lot or a hotel or a park. Stop the madness, people!
- Hey, y’all, Oakland Raiders running back Marshawn Lynch actually stood for the national anthem on Sunday! Wait, what’s that? The game was played in Mexico City and it was the Mexican national anthem? He stood for that after sitting on the bench while the Star Spangled Banner was played? Is Marshawn Lynch a Mexican citizen? No? Well, did Mexico do something to help him become the fabulously wealthy ignoramus he is today? No? I’m so confused. Let’s move on.
- Ok, but there is good news today: Charles Manson finally died. So that’s something. The only shame of it is that he got to live to the ripe old age of 83 before it happened. Better late than never.
- He isn’t resigning his senate seat over his sexual harassment scandal, but I’m sure you ladies will all be thrilled to know that Al Franken is promising to do “a lot of reflecting” – according to his spokesman – over the holidays. Because, you know, if he can just lay low and “reflect” for the next week or so, he’s hoping this will all have blown over. And given that he’s a Democrat, and his buddies at all our fake news media outlets are going to coordinate efforts and talking points with him, he might succeed.
- Why are any random gatherings of Democrats inevitably such cesspits of sexual harassment? – A woman in New York is charging that Governor Andrew Cuomo looked the other way as one of his employees sexually intimidated and harassed her for years:
- “In a shocking Manhattan federal court lawsuit filed Saturday, Lisa Marie Cater alleges former Empire State Development Corp. regional president William “Sam” Hoyt got her a job at the DMV and then leveraged it to “manipulate, sexually harass and sexually assault” her.The bombshell complaint — which names Cuomo and Hoyt as defendants — says Cater contacted Cuomo’s office no less than six times but met “deliberate indifference.”
- In all seriousness, we now have so many sexual harassment charges popping up against Democrat officeholders and Democrat supporters in Hollywood on a daily basis that it has become impossible to keep up with. Yes, the fake news media is myopically focused on the allegations against Republican senate candidate Roy Moore, but he is without question the exception to the emerging rule that sexual harassment of women, much like voter fraud, is almost solely the province of liberal Democrats.
- What is it in the liberal male mind that makes them think it’s OK to abuse women? Do they think that, because they put up the public pretense of supporting “women’s issues” like abortion on demand that that somehow gives them a get out of jail free card when they try to force themselves on the nearest person wearing a skirt?
- Well, maybe they do. What is it about the liberal women who enable this kind of behavior in liberal men? Hillary Clinton has spent decades handling her husband’s myriad “bimbo eruptions”, brutally attacking any woman who charged him with abuse. When the Monica Lewinsky scandal erupted, Gloria Steinem famously penned a NY Times op/ed piece in support of the abuser, not of the women who wanted to be believed. Why? Because, as Steinem admitted directly in her piece, Clinton was “right” on the issues.
- That was 20 years ago, but this enabling behavior continues in liberal women today. Over this past weekend, we had the spectacle of the liberal nitwit celebrity Lena Dunham, who has spent the last decade shrieking (she always seems to be shrieking) that women who accuse men of this behavior must be believed, writing a letter in support of the man, when a writer for her TV show happened to be the one accused of harassment. See, the woman must be believed, unless the woman is accusing someone Lena Dunham likes.
- And then there are all these women in the fake news media who have been making up excuses for Al Franken’s horrid behavior over the last several days, because, like Clinton, he’s in favor of killing babies at full term.
- So, what is it in the minds of liberal men who think it’s fine to abuse women, and what is it in the minds of liberal women who want to keep enabling them? Easy: Politics. When you think it through to its logical conclusion, the answer is crystal clear.
Just another day in liberals politicize everything America.
That is all.
Follow me on Twitter at @GDBlackmon
Today’s news moves at a faster pace than ever. is my go-to source for keeping up with all the latest events in real time.
Today’s Campaign Update
(Because The Campaign Never Ends)
- Five weeks ago, 58 concert attendees gunned down by a madman in Las Vegas. One week ago, eight pedestrians and cyclists run down by a madman in New York City. Yesterday, 26 church-goers killed by a madman in Texas. God rest all of their souls, and let’s hope this latest mass killing receives the thorough and honest investigation the victims and their families deserve.
- Speaking of mad men, we have this bizarre story of Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul having been attacked by his crazy liberal neighbor while he was mowing his lawn. Sen. Paul suffered five broken ribs in the attack and will be home-bound for the foreseeable future. Anyone who has suffered broken ribs knows that any movement can produce intense pain, thus eliminating any chance of the Senator returning to Washington, DC anytime soon.
- The attacker, some guy named Rene Boucher, was arrested by local police and charged with just misdemeanor assault resulting in minor injury. What the hell? Five broken ribs – including 3 displaced fractures which can cause major internal injuries – may seem minor to the Bowling Green Police Department, but they wouldn’t feel that way to anyone who has had to suffer through such an injury. The Bowling Green police aren’t saying if politics was a motivation for the assault, but it sure seems like politics might be playing a role in the nature of the charges.
- The fall-out from excerpts from Ms. Brazile’s book provoked the stooges who ran the Hillary Clinton campaign to publish an “open letter” that contained the following unintentionally hilarious passage: “We were shocked to learn the news that Donna Brazile actively considered overturning the will of the Democratic voters by attempting to replace Hillary Clinton and Tim Kaine as the Democratic Presidential and Vice Presidential nominees. It is particularly troubling and puzzling that she would seemingly buy into false Russian-fueled propaganda, spread by both the Russians and our opponent, about our candidate’s health.” Even in expressing their outrage over a book, these clowns feel the need to prop up their pathetic Russia collusion fantasy. They are nothing if not consistent.
- One of the excerpts from Ms. Brazile’s book seems particularly odd to many observers. In it she claims that the still-unsolved and very suspicious murder of DNC staffer Seth Rich “haunted her”, causing her to make sure she kept her shades closed at DNC headquarters because she feared snipers. Given that the DNC’s official position has been to support the Washington, DC police department’s theory that Mr. Rich’s killing was just a “botched robbery” – even though literally nothing had been stolen off of Mr. Rich – it seems odd that the DNC’s chairman at the time would live in fear for her own safety in the aftermath.
- Then again, if I were engaged in business dealings with the Clintons, I’d probably keep my shades closed, too. Wouldn’t you?
Just another day in madmen and mad women America.
That is all.
Today’s Campaign Update
(Because The Campaign Never Ends)
- Everyone does understand that the ridiculous allegations yesterday against the President by the circus clown-ish congresswoman Frederica Wilson from Florida (of course) were simply Democrat-instigated noise to deflect media attention away from the Russia Uranium story, right? Right. Let’s move on.
- Speaking of Democrat-instigated noise designed to give the fake news media an excuse to ignore the Russia Uranium story, Democrats on the Senate Judiciary Committee chose to re-litigate Attorney General Jeff Sessions’ testimony from his confirmation hearing seven months ago when he appeared before that committee yesterday. Reiliable sleazeballs Al Franken, Patrick Leahy and Dianne Feinstein led the charge, asking not a single question about anything current or related to anything anyone cares about anymore. Sessions made the three senators look like fools, but that’s really not difficult to do. The questioning served its purpose, as fake reporters all over Washington and New York City breathed huge sighs of relief, knowing they’d be able to file stories on the hearing without mentioning anything about Hillary Clinton or Barack Obama or the bribery scheme they became involved in with the Russians back in 2009-10.
- But in fairness to those fake journalists, there wasn’t much to report from this hearing on the Russia Uranium scandal. Chairman Chuck Grassley brought it up with Sessions, but as soon as Sessions told him he would not comment on any “ongoing investigation”, Grassley dropped the matter like a hot potato. So I suppose the one smidgen of news in that is that the useless Attorney General appeared to at least confirm that there is an ongoing investigation of the matter within the Justice Department. Which, let’s be honest, would represent a dramatic departure from his behavior towards all the Obama-era lawlessness during his first seven months in the job.
- Speaking of people who are not fit to be in their current job brings us straight to NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell. Fresh off his mid-season meetings with NFL owners and players in New York, Goodell told the assembled press that they had talked and talked and talked about all sorts of “social justice” stuff and the national anthem and decided that….wait for it….NOTHING WILL CHANGE. I swear I don’t make this stuff up.
- That’s right. Goodell said that while he and the owners would “prefer” all players to stand for the national anthem and honor the country that has made them all so fabulously wealthy, he and his feckless group of owners will make no rules changes to require them to do so. Thus, the NFL will continue to fine players who don’t tuck their shirt in, who don’t wear their socks the correct height, who use towels that don’t meet league regulations, who use too much stick-em on their fingers, who are late to team meetings, who touch the poor quarterback in the wrong place or hit him too hard and for hundreds of other picky rules violations, but they just aren’t able to bring themselves to enforce a little decorum on the sidelines during a ceremony that honors those who have fought and died for our country.
- The best part of Goodell’s comments came when proved he can’t count, saying that “The fact is that we have about half a dozen players that are protesting.” Hell, you had twice that many New England Patriots and Baltimore Ravens taking a knee this past weekend, and dozens of others doing the same in other games played before half-empty stadiums and depressed TV audiences around the league.
- The Commissioner was so, so proud, though of all the touchy-feely discussions he and the players had about social justice matters about which NFL fans don’t give a damn. “They’re talking about criminal justice reform, whether it’s bail reform. Whether it’s talking about mandatory sentencing. They’re talking about changes that, I think, will make our communities better — that there’s bipartisan support for and that need focus.” Yes, I did not make that up – the Commmissioner of the NFL is suddenly pretending to be an expert on which issues have “bipartisan support”. Holy crap.
- Roger Goodell obviously doesn’t understand it, but he is the captain of the Titanic at this point. (Come to think of it, the Captain of the Titanic didn’t understand his problem, either, until he ran into that iceberg.) His league’s audience is dropping like a rock, his stewardship of the league is an abject disaster, and he has completely lost favor with the support base for the political party that is, by the way, the vast majority political party across the nation at this point.
- His business depends heavily on its anti-trust exemption, for which there is literally no good justification at all at this time, and on the very favorable tax treatments it receives at all government levels. Mr. Goodell appears to have no understanding at all of the political peril his league faces if these protests against our country continue.
- That iceberg is sitting out there right now, just over the horizon, and Roger Goodell has his Titanic of a league headed right for it.
Just another day in clueless NFL commissioner America.
That is all.
Today’s Campaign Update
(Because The Campaign Never Ends)
- Is it just me, or does it seem like everybody – and I do mean everybody – who has done something to screw up their life in any way, shape or form has taken to blaming President Donald J. Trump as a coping mechanism for their own failures? Think about it.
- Take Harvey Weinstein as an example – what was this repugnant tub of goo’s first instinct when the NYTimes published its expose’ on his quarter century of abusing women? If you remember, he thought he could innoculate himself from any fallout from his 100% leftwing Hollywood peers by taking a leave of absence from his company so he could dedicate himself to fighting the NRA (virtue signal related to the Las Vegas massacre that had taken place six days earlier) and …wait for it…Donald Trump!
- But – oops! – it turns out that promising to go around playing the “Blame Trump” card doesn’t inoculate you against 25 years of soiling potted plants and blackmailing ambitious young ingenues into having sex with you in exchange for movie roles. It turns out that even Hollywood has some standards, and who could have ever guessed that?
- Then there’s Bowe Bergdahl, that traitorous Army deserter who Barack Obama and Susan Rice consider to be a great American “hero”. Obama thought so highly of Bergdahl that he was willing to trade five terrorist scum in order to get this “hero” – who had cost six truly brave American soldiers their lives as they searched Afghanistan trying to find him – released by the Taliban. After pleading guilty to desertion in his court martial, Bergdahl said he was doing so because he felt he could not get a fair trial due to things said by …wait for it… Donald Trump! Yeah, none of it’s your fault, bud.
- NFL Football players and owners – The pre-game protests by NFL players of the flag and national anthem went on for well over a year without a word about it coming from the very busy mouth of candidate Trump or President Trump. NFL ratings were tanking and game attendance dying throughout the 2016 season as a result, and that tanking continued into the 2017 season before the President had anything to say about it. But when the President decided to go off on these players and owners and commissioner Roger Goodell, why, suddenly it was all about Trump.
- The players, who let’s be honest, really had pretty much no idea why they were kneeling out there other than some vague multi-millionaire game player’s notion of being “oppressed”, suddenly decided that their demonstrations were all about Trump. Yeah, that’s the ticket! Many of the owners joined in because, well, they just had to show “solidarity” with their players because…because, ummm,welllll…because TRUMP! Yeah, because Trump! That’s what it is! Meanwhile, Goodell is thrilled by it all because everyone’s blaming Trump instead of him. The Trump boogeyman works for all parties in this one.
- The Most Corrupt Woman In America – Then there’s our very favorite leftwing slinger of nonsense and sleaze, Hillary Rotten, er, Rodham Clinton. This pathetic woman has parlayed abject corruption into a net worth of more than $200 million, and has spent the year blaming her 2016 election loss and everything else that is wrong with the world on – who else? – President Trump. Even the broken toe she claims to have suffered on Saturday while running up the stairs is no doubt the President’s fault – the vodka and diet Dr. Pepper had nothing to do with it.
- Then there is San Juan’s Crazy Little Marxist Mayor, Carmen Cruz, who has now completely discarded all pretense of not being a communist and has taken to dressing up as Che Guevara in her press availabilities. The government of Puerto Rico in general and in San Juan in particular has been a cesspit of corruption forever, and Ms. Cruz has done nothing to remedy any of that. The Island’s infrastructure, thanks in large part to government officials siphoning off money for themselves and their friends – as all good Marxists do – was in horrible shape before Hurricane Maria hit, and was basically destroyed completely by the storm.
- Despite the fact that the U.S. government has come into the island with literally thousands of military, FEMA and other recovery workers, massive amounts of supplies, and more generators than anywhere else on the face of the earth, progress has been slowed by the fact that the local trucker’s union decided this tragedy was a great time to go on strike, an action the crazy little Mayor supports. So, when the people of your island are suffering mainly due to your own corruption and ideological stupidity, what do you do? Why, you get in front of any CNN camera you can find and blame Trump! Works like charm.
- Finally, there’s the repugnant John McCain, literally the worst person who has ever served in the United States Senate. In receiving some “Liberty Medal” from his ideological sympatico Joe Biden on Monday, McCain had this to say: “To abandon the ideals we have advanced around the globe” and “refuse the obligations of international leadership … for the sake of some half-baked, spurious nationalism cooked up by people who would rather find scapegoats than solve problems” is “As unpatriotic as an attachment to any other tired dogma of the past that Americans consigned to the ash heap of history.”
- So, putting America and Americans first, ahead of McCain’s and Biden’s globalist, open borders ideology, is “unpatriotic”, in McCain’s view. He didn’t say which government – the U.N. perhaps? – it is “unpatriotic” towards.
- But this is McCain’s swan song, blaming Trump for preventing him from “solving problems.” Think about that – can you think of a single problem John McCain ever solved in his entire 30+ years in government? Neither can I.
- That’s not Trump’s fault. Trump’s just the boogeyman.
Just another day in Blame Trump! America.
That is all.
Today’s Campaign Update
(Because The Campaign Never Ends)
- Tired of winning yet? Part I – The stock market indexes all closed at all-time record highs on Tuesday, marking about the 7,953rd time that has happened since Donald Trump was elected to the presidency. (yawn)
- Tired of winning yet? Part II – (This one is personal to me.) The U.S. soccer team failed to make it into the upcoming World Cup competition because the team fielded by the most powerful nation on earth could not defeat the team from…wait for it…wait for it…Trinidad and Tobago! I am so relieved! Now I won’t have to suffer through a year of half the people I know doing a bunch of virtue signaling about how much they just love this sport to which they pay literally no attention at all in 3 out of every 4 years. And I won’t have to see highlights of players from countries I’ve never even heard of faking major knee injuries so they can draw a yellow card, and then jumping up after 30 seconds and running off the field. And I won’t have to hear anyone tell me what a ‘beautiful’ and ‘exciting’ sport this incredibly tiresome, unendingly boring, tedious wreck of a game is. Thank God for this favor – I am incredibly grateful. Go, Trinidad and Tobago!
- Tired of winning yet? Part III – The U.S. Supreme Court dismissed the challenge to President Trump’s travel ban late Tuesday after months of idiotic and baseless litigation instigated by leftist Democrat state attorney generals and supported by leftist Obama appointee federal judges who hold no respect for the constitution. Cool.
- Tired of winning yet? Part IV – A few hours after President Donald J. Trump (I never get tired of typing that) issued a tweet early Tuesday morning questioning the current tax subsidies received by the National Football League, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell sent a memo to all 32 league team owners instructing them that “all players should stand for the national anthem.” Coincidence? I think not.
- Goodell’s move, of course, comes a little bit more than a year too late. It comes after the NFL has lost around 20% of its audience since currently unemployed ex-49ers QB Colin Kaepernick first did his attention-seeking kneel-down during the anthem at the behest of his marxist girlfriend on August 26, 2016. It comes after Goodell and the 32 owners stood silently by doing nothing as Kaepernick’s silly sideshow act slowly gained imitators at other teams as the 2016 season went along, and after the dam literally broke and disrespecting the flag and anthem became a league-wide fad this season.
- Goodell’s move comes after the NFL’s reputation as “America’s Game”, a title it had held for at least 40 years, had been tossed into the trash can, as the league has now been surpassed in public approval by both Major League Baseball and, at least temporarily, by the National Basketball Association. His memo comes after a month of acrimony between the league and the President of the United States, who has repeatedly urged the league to force the players to show a little respect for the country that has made them so fabulously wealthy and famous, and following Sunday’s walk-out of a game between the Colts and 49ers by Vice President Mike Pence. Goodell’s memo comes only after NFL teams all over the country have played games before half-empty stadiums that used to be host to standing-room-only crowds week after week.
- The sad part of all of this, if you’re an NFL fan like I used to be, is that every bit of this could have been completely avoided had Goodell, on August 27, 2016, made a phone call to the idiot owner of the San Francisco 49ers, and instructed him to bench a single player for a single game if he would not stand for the national anthem. But Goodell is a progressive moron, and didn’t have the sense to do that. Because of that, we have for the last 13 months witnessed what is without a doubt the greatest self-inflicted wound in the history of organized sports, a wound from which the NFL may never really recover. Tough.
- Meanwhile, in Harvey Weinstein news… – The proverbial dam really broke Tuesday on the Harvey Weinstein scandal, as all the no-guts celebrities and politicians who knew about this scumbag all along but lacked the courage to do anything about it suddenly found their voices now that the big Hollywood muckety-muck no longer holds any power over them. Most of them still lied about the matter, claiming to be ‘shocked’ and ‘appalled’, but they all knew. Hell, Weistein’s behavior towards women was such common knowledge that Seth McFarlane joked about it on national TV during the Oscar ceremonies in 2013, and Tina Fey was writing gag lines about it on the TV show 30 Rock.
- But as I told you a couple of days ago, Weinstein will be right back working in Hollywood within a year. Right on cue, as his world was seemingly crumbling around him, he told the people at the New York Post’s Page 6 that he was flying off to a rehab clinic somewhere in Europe (Hey, maybe Roman Polanski can be his therapist!) and promised them that he was already planning on resuming his career in 2018.
- If you doubt he’ll be able to achieve that, well, just watch. Weinstein is a leftist icon, and the political left will always try to rehabilitate its icons regardless of how badly they act. Hell, they re-elected Bill Clinton to the presidency for a second term, do you think they’ll just toss a major donor like good ol’ Harvey aside because he abused a few women? Don’t kid yourselves. These are progressives we’re talking about here. No amount of depravity is too much for these people.
Just another day in Trump just keeps winning America.
That is all.
Today’s Campaign Update
(Because The Campaign Never Ends)
- Prediction time – Serial woman abuser and all-around big Hollywood muckety-muck Harvey Weinstein will enter himself into some sort of sex pervert “rehab” program, come out of it within 90 days “fully cured”, and within a year be given some sort of “courage” award by Meryl Streep at one of the 12 dozen or so annual Hollywood awards programs. Nothing is too absurd or depraved for these people.
- Hollywood lawyer Lisa Bloom, who spent four days making up excuses for Weinstein’s 25 year reign of terror, abruptly announced on Saturday that she would no longer be representing the clown. It seems that even Ms. Bloom, the daughter of the completely ethics-devoid, attention-seeking hack Gloria Allred, could not stomach inventing fake talking points for this guy.
- Wait. Lanny Davis has a “line”? – But wait, it gets even better: Even the shameless political hack Lanny Davis announced on Saturday that he was pulling out of Weinstein’s team of advisers. Lanny Davis has spent the last 25 years making up fake talking points for Bill and Hillary Clinton, folks. This guy had no problem whatsoever making up fake talking points slandering Bill Clinton’s many female victims, had zero issue with lying about Bill and Hill’s illegal use of the FBI files of more than 1,000 of their political enemies, had no worry at all about prevaricating in defense of Hillary’s illegal email server. But making up lies for Harvey Weinstein, well, that just crosses Lanny Davis’s line. You just can’t make this stuff up.
- We’ve heard a lot over the last four days about how “powerful” Weinstein is, but here’s the truth about that: Harvey Weinstein has always only been “powerful” to those who want something from him, either professionally or politically. Everyone in Hollywood and the Democrat Party was willing, for more than a quarter of a century, to simply look the other way and ignore his personal behavior because they all wanted something from him. And everyone in Hollywood – other than Ashley Judd, whose career is basically over anyway – is remaining silent on the matter because they all still hope they might get something from Weinstein in the future, after he gets “cured” and makes his big comeback. These people are disgusting, and normal Americans should stop supporting what they do with our money.
- Speaking of disgusting people normal Americans should stop supporting with our money… – A new Winston Group survey released on Saturday indicates that the National Football League has, in the span of less than three months, fallen from the most popular major sport in the United States to the least favorite, falling behind both Major League Baseball and the National Basketball Association. Of course, this poll comes before the beginning of the NBA season, and there is no telling what sorts of spectacles we are go see from players in that sport – and from San Antonio Spurs Coach Gregg Popovich – during the playing of the national anthem this fall. But at least for now, the NFL has become the sport non-grata for the average American. Couldn’t happen to a nicer bunch of people.
- And here’s a group of disgusting people normal Americans have already stopped supporting. – If you have wondered why Donald Trump’s public approval rating has steadily moved upwards over the past couple of months despite the withering nightly assault on his character from the networks’ current silly group of late-night talk show hosts, wonder no more. It’s because nobody actually watches this silly group of late night talk show hosts anymore. The Washington Examiner points out that taken all together, the shows starring Jimmy Kimmel, Jimmy Fallon and Stephen Colbert were watched by an average of barely 8 million viewers last week. Just a few years ago, Jay Leno by himself was averaging more than 6 million viewers each night, with David Letterman trailing very closely behind.
- One would think that sooner or later someone at these networks might wake up and think, hey, maybe it’s not such a great idea to intentionally insult half of our potential audience every night, because those people buy all the junk our advertisers sell, too. But the evidence at hand indicates that light bulb moment won’t be happening anytime soon.
Just another day in ordinary people voting with their pocketbooks and remote controls America.
That is all.