Today’s Campaign Update
(Because The Campaign Never Ends)
- If we didn’t have Democrats, we’d have to make them up. – Ok, I swear I didn’t make this up. It’s a real story. The far, far, far, far left wing of the far, far leftwing California Democratic Party is mounting a recall effort on their own Assembly Speaker because…wait for it…he isn’t far, far, far, far leftwing enough for them. Wait, you say, Speaker Anthony Rendon is as far, far, far leftwing as it gets, right? Well, no. See, he needed to add one more “far” to that total of “fars”, and ram through a completely unworkable proposal to implement single-payer healthcare in the Golden State, a bill that would have utterly bankrupted the state’s treasury within a few years. Of course, the leftist nitwits who pushed this bill and are now taking out their frustrations on the Speaker figure that when the money runs out in their own state, they’ll just petition the federal government to force taxpayers from the 49 other states to pay for their ruinous policies. It’s the California way, after all.
- Hey, can we get that whole CalExit deal moving along a little faster? – Speaking of the insanity that is California, CA Congressman Lou Correa is so unhinged that he now displays a painting of the Statue of Liberty wearing Muslim garb in his congressional office. This isn’t political thought, this is mental illness. But then, California is the state that gives us Nancy Pelosi and Maxine Waters, so, just par for the course, really.
- At long last, this is what you’re sorry for having done? – Caitlyn Jenner apologized to her dozens of fans for having been photographed wearing a “Make America Great Again” cap. Of all the millions of things Caitlyn Jenner owes an apology for, wearing a cap of any kind is not among them.
- Well, that’s a damn shame. – Reuters reports that the Justice Department is not looking to charge journalists for knowingly releasing leaked classified information to the public. Because no Republican can be counted on to do the right thing anymore. Sad!
- I am shocked, shocked to see temperatures falling in Australia! – I reported a couple of weeks ago about the scandal in Australia over the Bureau of Meteorology’s (BOM) effort to “revise” the national temperature data there to invent “global warming” where none is occurring. Graham Lloyd at The Australian is now reporting that, now that BOM has been caught and forced to properly record actual temperature data rather than make it all up, temperatures Down Under are suddenly plummeting. Go figure. No one could have seen that coming!
- Let the good times roll…or float… – Big news yesterday in New Orleans as heavy rains there overwhelmed the city’s utterly inadequate pumping system that is supposed to drain rain water off of city streets. While the Times Picayune reported this as if it were some rare occurrence, I have personally been in New Orleans three times in the last 20 years in which the same thing happened. And no, there weren’t any hurricanes coming through at those times. The simple fact of the matter is that New Orleans – which I love – is 11 feet below sea level on average, and when it rains heavily, the streets are gonna flood. This is not news, this is an inevitability.
- Wait. Is this question serious? Really??? – The mental midgets at Newsweek ran a piece with the following breathless headline: “WHY ARE MOST POLITICIANS WHITE 52 YEARS AFTER THE VOTING RIGHTS ACT WAS SIGNED INTO LAW?” Ummmmm…lessee here….hey, could it be because most people in America are white, even 52 years later? Now we know why Newsweek exists only in bandwidth. My goodness.
Just another day in praying for CalExit America.
That is all.