- Senator Al Franken said on Sunday that he is “embarrassed and ashamed” over his apparent obsession with grabbing womens’ butts over the years, but not so embarrassed or ashamed that he plans to give up his job in the U.S. Senate, where he will report for booty, er, duty today. Let’s hope he and Roy Moore get to serve on the same committees should Moore begin a senate term in January – the hearings will make for tremendous political theater.
- She meant “zero tolerance for thee, not for me.” – Meanwhile, if you’re wondering why Alabama’s Republican voters might still elect Judge Moore to the senate in spite of the allegations arrayed against him, look no further than Sunday morning’s interview by San Fran Nan Pelosi on NBC’s Meet the Press. Pelosi has spent the last few weeks shrieking that Moore should leave the race because his accusers must – MUST, I say – be believed, and that congress should have “zero tolerance” for sex abusers. But, when asked if that “zero tolerance” should apply to Democrat Cong. John Conyers, who has also been accused by several women of disgusting episodes of sexual harassment, she told NBC’s fake host Chuck Todd that Conyers deserves “due process. Just because someone is accused…was it one accusation, is it two?…John Conyers is an icon in our country. He has done a great deal to protect women.” *sigh*
- When Republican and independent voters in Alabama see such a rank double-standard being practiced not only by the fake news media, but also by the literal national face of the Democrat Party, it naturally reduces their willingness to believe the allegations facing Judge Moore. After all, if, as Pelosi clearly implies, the accusers actually aren’t to just be believed out of hand, then why should they buy into the allegations against Moore, when the only actual evidence presented thus far – the supposed signature in one accuser’s high school yearbook – has pretty much conclusively been demonstrated to be a forgery?
- So, Franken and Conyers get protected by both their fellow Democrats and by Republicans Mitch McConnell and Paul Ryan, who have begun “investigations” into their behavior by the Office of Congressional Ethics (OCE). This is akin to siccing Inspector Clouseau onto the paths of serial killers. Placing these matters in the hands of the OCE simply means that nothing will happen for many months, as the “investigation” proceeds at a snail’s pace, in the hopes that it will all fade from the public’s collective memory in the meantime. Then, once the “investigation” is completed, the results will be quietly released at about 6:30 ET on a Friday evening – preferably at the start of a holiday weekend – so as to incur the minimum possible media attention.
- It’s a bi-partisan protection racket. – But of course, we all must keep in mind that it isn’t just Democrat members of congress who have much to lose here – it’s Republicans, too. Conyers’ lawyer threatened over the weekend that, if his client goes down, he will take lots of other members of congress down with him. That probably won’t be too hard for Conyers to achieve, given that a congressional slush fund has payed out roughly $18 million over the last 20 years in settlements of sexual harassment cases. Oh, the humanity!
- Their rush to protect Franken and Conyers by calling for OCE “investigations” doesn’t necessarily mean McConnell and Ryan have anything to hide themselves, but they do no doubt have many members of their respective houses of congress to protect, and they’re wasting no time doing it. After all, whether Republican or Democrat, members of congress, like Ryan, McConnell and Pelosi, are members of America’s protected, ruling class. They have all become quite accustomed to exempting themselves from the laws and mandated behaviors that apply to the rest of us, and they’ll be damned if they’re going to go down without a fight.
- No one ever said that draining the DC Swamp was going to be easy.
Just another day in congressional protection racket America.
That is all.
Follow me on Twitter at @GDBlackmon
Today’s news moves at a faster pace than ever. is my go-to source for keeping up with all the latest events in real time.
Today’s Campaign Update
(Because The Campaign Never Ends)
- Hey, distract yourself with this shiny object over here! – NBC reports this morning that Special Counsel Robert Mueller and his crew of Clinton/Obama shills is now investigating… wait for it…the Podesta Group! No, that’s not John Podesta, who managed The Most Corrupt Woman in America’s presidential campaign, but his brother Tony Podesta, who runs a high-powered lobbying firm for Democrat interests in the nation’s capital.
- It seems the Podesta Group neglected to properly disclose its lobbying activities on behalf of something called the European Center for a Modern Ukraine (ECMU) to the federal government, doing so only after its activities on behalf of this entity were disclosed in the fake news media. That’s a felony, if the oversight was intentional. Of course, it will be pretty much impossible for Mueller’s team to prove intent absent some sudden come-to-Jesus moment by someone at the Podesta Group, something that is about as likely to happen as the Cleveland Browns winning the Super Bowl.
- If you’re getting excited about this news that Mueller’s sham investigation into a Democrat/Media-created fantasy of Russian collusion with the Trump campaign is suddenly aiming its guns in the direction of the Democrats, where we know real Russia collusion took place, well, cool your jets. The NBC report is “news” based on leaks from the Mueller team, and is most likely just an effort by the Special Counsel’s office to try to build some public credibility.
- Think about it: Mueller is anything but stupid, a creature of the DC Swamp for 30+ years. He knows that any findings against any Trump-related people by his investigation will be hopelessly tainted due to the fact that he has stacked his team with hyper-partisan hacks. Given that his goal from the start has been to find something, anything with which to charge someone, anyone associated with the President with some kind of criminal activity in order to damage Mr. Trump, he knows that credibility with the public is crucial to achieving that goal.
- The last thing he wants to do is turn his fantasy-based investigation in the direction where it really should be aimed, i.e., reality, but he knows he must at least put up the pretense of impartiality. What better way to do that than by leaking to the very willing Democrat accomplices at NBC that he and his crack team of Clinton/Obama donors are “investigating” potential wrongdoing by a high-powered lobbying firm with a very familiar Democrat name at the top for possible crimes that will be pretty much impossible to prove?
- If you don’t believe that this is how these swamp creatures and their media hack supporters think, I give you the response mid-week last week by MSNBC fake journalist Andrea Mitchell to the current reporting on the Clinton/Russia/Uranium scandal by reporters for The Hill. When asked why MSNBC and NBC were maintaining radio silence on that scandal’s new revelations, Ms. Mitchell responded that her network had “already reported” the story in the past. The Media Research Center determined that that “previous reporting” to which Mitchell referred amounted to NBC having spent all of 92 seconds reporting on earlier revelations in 2013.
- This is what these fake media outlets do whenever they’re faced with an inconvenient scandal involving one or more of their Democrat heroes: they file a single, perfunctory report on the matter, giving it the most biased slant possible, and then spend the next 20 years claiming that “we already reported that story.” It’s like getting a flu shot – you take just a smidgen of the nasty stuff in order to make yourself immune from having to go through the full-blown illness.
- This inoculation strategy is as old as the DC Swamp itself, and this is most likely exactly what the Special Counsel’s office is implementing with its “investigation” into disclosures by the Podesta Group. By putting up the pretense of looking at a high-powered Democrat lobbying firm for possible technical violations, Mueller and his team are most likely setting the stage for announcing indictments of former Trump campaign adviser Paul Manafort or others who were involved in the campaign. Not surprisingly, the NBC story even runs a photo of Manafort, and mentions the Mueller team’s early morning raid of his home that took place in July. Coincidence? Don’t kid yourself.
- Thus, when accusations of the Special Counsel’s office’s obvious bias start to come, Mueller will now be able to defend himself and his team by saying “hey, we also looked at this Democrat firm over here.” See this shiny object?
- Simple. Utterly corrupt, but elegantly simple.
Just another day in DC Swamp America.
That is all.