- Airing the UN’s dirty laundry in the light of day. What a concept.: Nikki Haley is turning out to be the iron lady of the Trump Administration in her role as Ambassador to the United Nations. In the wake of President Trump’s decision to bomb a Syrian facility that was allegedly the source of the Sarin gas that was used to murder hundreds of Syrians early in the week, Russia requested an emergency meeting of the UN Security Council, which the U.S. currently chairs. Bolivia, likely acting as a Russian proxy, requested the meeting be held in closed session. Ambassador Haley immediately denied that request, stating “Any country that chooses to defend the atrocities of the Syrian regime will have to do so in full public view, for all the world to hear.”
- Someone get this man a straight jacket!: Meanwhile, over at MSNBC, the certifiable craziness launched into the realm of full-fledged lunacy last night. Lawrence O’Donnell, one of the fake new network’s fake hosts, was appearing with Rachel Maddow, the network’s star fake host. One can only assume that they had to fill the time with one another because no one else wanted to become infected with their communicable insanity. Anyway, during the course of their ranting about the Syria bombing, O’Donnell floated his belief that the use of chemical weapons was in fact orchestrated by none other than…wait for it…wait for it…VLADIMIR PUTIN, so that his great friend, Donald Trump, could then bomb Syria and thus have his public approval ratings in the polls go up. I swear – I SWEAR – I didn’t make that up. You can find the video on YouTube if you don’t believe me.
- Speaking of lunatic leftist conspiracy theories, another of the newest about President Trump – which somewhat amazingly does NOT involve the boogeyman Putin – is that the President, who has a degree from the prestigious Wharton School of Business, has created and run hundreds of businesses and somehow managed to become a billionaire in the process during his life, is “functionally illiterate” and “can barely read.” The sole source of this latest bit nitwitery is a struggling, attention-seeking, former Saturday Night Live cast member named Taran Killam. Here is a link to the story, which ran in the very appropriately-named Internet fake news site “BoingBoing”. That is, of course, the sound the brain of your average progressive lunatic makes as it bounces around in their tiny, thick skull.
- Whew! That was hard! Let’s go on a boondoggle!: Mitch McConnell and his Senate majority finally got a little real work done this week, dumping the anachronistic filibuster for Supreme Court nominees and getting the incredibly qualified Neil Gorsuch confirmed to fill the vacancy on the Court. Having almost broken a sweat in getting that done, the Senate will next take a completely undeserved two week vacation.
- But judge, he kept overheating!: The New York Post reports that a Delaware woman was sentenced to 40 years in prison for putting anti-freeze in her husband’s steroids, killing him in the process. Can there be any doubt that Lawrence O’Donnell is preparing a monologue for his next show in which he blames the woman’s actions on the ongoing conspiracy between Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin?
- This guy watches too much MSNBC.: If you wonder what motivates today’s progressives to maintain their perpetual state of outrage about literally everything, here is a quote from British author Theodore Dalrymple that captures it perfectly: “Outrage is a substitute for religion: It convinces us that our existence has some kind of meaning or significance beyond itself, that is to say beyond the paltry flux of day-to-day existence, especially when that existence is a securely comfortable one. Therefore we go looking for things to be outraged about as anteaters look for ants. Of all emotions, outrage is not only one of the most pleasurable but also one of the most reliable.”
Just another day in Perpetual Outrage America.
That is all.
- Wait. Is that even possible? – Two New York University professors recently ran an experiment that yielded shocking results. They organized a mock replay of the first debate between Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton, only they had the debaters’ genders reversed. Their goal was to demonstrate that Trump’s conduct in the debate would have been completely unacceptable coming from a woman. Instead, what they demonstrated was that Hillary Clinton would be even less popular than she already is if she were a man instead. “We both thought that the inversion would confirm our liberal assumption—that no one would have accepted Trump’s behavior from a woman, and that the male Clinton would seem like the much stronger candidate,” one of the profs explained. Yeah…no.
- But hey, they’re working 9 days in May, so… – House Speaker Paul Ryan, in an interview with Tucker Carlson Wednesday evening, acknowledged that the House is planning to only be in session for 8 days during the month of April. When asked why that is the case, Speaker Ryan responded that “we want to go listen to our constituents.” Oh, yeah, that’s a peachy idea – go spend 22 days back in the district holding townhalls so Soros-funded radicals can give the fake news media hours of video with which to make you look like a bunch of ineffective simpletons. Great plan, Republicans. (This is me, smacking my damn head.)
- I was going to let that topic go at that, but I just can’t. – Look, somebody has to get to the Speaker and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell and remind them that barely a year ago, the Republicans in the congress were the single most detested class of politicians in America. Even more than the Democrats or President Barack Obama, they were the main reason why millions of people out here in “flyover country” were furious at the elitists Washington DC ruling class. They were bailed out of that predicament temporarily by the rise and ultimate victory of Donald Trump over The Most Corrupt Woman in America, but that doesn’t mean that Americans detest them any less than they did a year ago. If this congress continues on its current path of accomplishing literally none of the major promises they all made during their campaigns, they will suffer mightily at the polls in 2018, regardless of how disgracefully the Democrats continue to behave. And that retribution will be richly deserved. It might be wise for the GOP congress to spend more time in DC getting real things done, and less time trying to deflect blame for their own non-performance. Just a thought.
- The GOP Congressional Motto: Always Look a Gift Horse In The Mouth – Two new polls out on Thursday show massive, huge majorities of Americans are in favor of President Trump’s proposal for a $1 trillion infrastructure program. A poll by Quinnipiac shows a surreal 90% support level for the proposal, while a new CNN poll comes in with a comparatively-paltry 79% support level. If you’re thinking this level of popularity makes this program a completely no-brainer for the GOP majorities in congress to get behind and easily pass into law, well, you need to bone up on the behavior of GOP congressional majorities. Their main aptitude has always been and appears to still be their amazing ability to screw up when presented with easy wins. There is no real reason to expect this particular easy winner to turn out any differently.
- You don’t say… – The fake news site BuzzFeed, which has shamelessly promoted the absurdly fake “Trump coordinated with the Russians” story for months now, quietly ran a report in which it quotes Democrat sources on the House and Senate Intelligence Committees expressing concerns that their ridiculous investigations into this fake matter are going nowhere fast. “I don’t think the conclusions are going to meet people’s expectations,” one of the sources said. Well, let’s clarify – they aren’t going to meet the expectations of the Democrats and the fake media reporters who have so shamefully promoted this fake story since last October, but they are going to exactly meet the expectations held by me and many, many others.
- Ironically, she is still her political party’s highest-ranking official. – San Fran Nan Pelosi, the Democrats’ doddering House Minority Leader, was in the middle of yet another incoherent anti-Trump rant yesterday, when she paused, after saying the word “ironically”, and said, “I’m not sure if ‘ironically’ is even a word.” Ironically, none of the fake reporters present thought to clarify that question for her. Probably none of them knew the answer. #Irony
Just another day in fake news media America.
That is all.