Today’s Campaign Update
(Because The Campaign Never Ends)
- Former Alabama Supreme Court Justice Roy Moore easily won yesterday’s GOP primary in his home state, beating interim senator Luther Strange a 55-45 margin. Strange, a former state attorney general, had been the Republican establishment’s occupant in the seat since Jeff Sessions was appointed by President Trump to become Attorney General, where he is busy indicting college basketball coaches and chasing pot smokers, while at the same time ignoring the criminal behavior of a wide variety of Obama Administration officials and former FBI directors.
- President Trump had agreed to endorse Mr. Strange as a favor to Sessions and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, who knew Strange would be far easier to control than Justice Moore. The GOP establishment in Washington and the “real conservatives”, i.e., Never Trump morons at the National Review and Weekly Standard, had all gotten behind Big Luther as well, mainly because they knew he would be more loyal McConnell than to the President. But President Trump clearly preferred Mr. Moore, and everyone, including Strange and McConnell, knew it.
- Going into the primary, an increasingly desperate GOP establishment issued stern warnings, telling voters to vote for their preferred milquetoast candidate because, well, he would be so much more electable against Democrat Doug Jones in the special election that takes place on December 12. Why do they make that specious claim? Well, because, uh, well, ummmm…because, er, uh, because they like Luther better!!!!!! Seriously, I have no idea, and neither do they.
- But the establishment, undeterred by its utter inability to reason logically – which makes it look increasingly like a bunch of Democrats (mere coincidence?) – took it even further. They told voters that a win by Moore would make it more likely that a bunch of pro-Trump people would be nominated for senate offices in 2018, and that, for some reason they also don’t really explain, would somehow make it more difficult for the GOP to retain and even expand its majority in the Senate in the 2018 midterm elections.
- Wait, what? Did I miss something? Haven’t we just been through two years during which Donald Trump first swept to the Republican presidential nomination, in the process defeating a field of 16 mostly milquetoast establishment opponents, and then slobber-knocked The Most Corrupt Woman in America in the general election? What part of that are GOP voters supposed to ignore?
- McConnell and his do-nothing minions in the establishment claim to worry that the President’s current poll ratings, which sit in the low-to-mid 40s, mean that the Party needs to nominate a slate of candidates that are less loyal to Mr. Trump and more loyal to the DC Swamp. Mind you, this reasoning comes from a Senator – Mr. McConnell – whose own approval rating in his home state of Kentucky is below 20%, mainly because of his refusal to do what is necessary to enact the Trump agenda. Overall, the approval rating for Republicans in congress seldom gets into double digits in opinion polls, mainly for the very same reason.
- So yeah, it makes perfect sense that GOP voters would want to nominate a bunch of establishment squishes who would follow Mitch McConnell around on a leash, expand the DC swamp they elected Trump to destroy, and help Mitch get nothing done for another six years. Seriously, do these people ever look at themselves in a mirror, even for a moment?
- One can only wonder what Mr. McConnell and the Bill Kristols and Stephen Hayes’s and Karl Roves of the world will tell us after Roy Moore wins December’s general election by about the same margin with which he just dispatched Big Luther? What will the talking points be then? I have no idea, but I do know that most GOP voters just won’t care.
- Here’s what the real bottom line of all of this really is: loyal Trump voters, AKA “the vast majority of the GOP voter base today”, don’t really care about whether or not the Republican Party has a majority in the Senate, if that majority is largely made up of RINOs like John McCain, Susan Collins, Lisa Murkowski, Lindsey Graham, Jeff Flake and yes, Luther Strange. They see the results of the first 8 months of this congress, and realize the results would have been little different on the big things they want to see done had the senate been in the control of the Democrats.
- So when Mitch McConnell, the leader of that do-nothing Senate, tells them that Big Luther is so much more “electable” against a Democrat than Roy Moore, they honestly just don’t give a flyin’ rat’s ass. They want to nominate the guy who they know is ready to go to DC and help Donald Trump clean out the swamp, not help the swamp shore itself up with more do-nothing dikes.
- And that, my friends, is why Roy Moore is now the official nominee of the Republican Party, and why you will see a bunch more Roy Moores become nominees for senate and house seats in 2018. GOP voters realize they have a lot more work to do in order to get all the skunks and snakes cleared out of the DC swamp, and they are perfectly willing and increasingly able to go do it.
Just another day in dying RINOs America.
That is all.
Today’s Campaign Update
(Because The Campaign Never Ends)
- Senator Rand Paul has a real opportunity this week to turn himself into a real, true presidential contender in either 2020, should President Trump not run for re-election, or in 2024. He can do that by becoming the deciding vote to pass the Graham/Cassidy Obamacare reform bill in the U.S. Senate. Yes, he would need either Lisa Murkowski or Susan Collins to also act like real Republicans and support the bill, but Murkowski definitely seems to be get-able in that regard.
- Think about it: By casting that single vote, Rand Paul could become a hero to President Trump’s voter base – which according to recent polls makes up a strong majority of the GOP’s total voter base – a hero to everyone who hates the execrable jerk John McCain – which also makes up a majority of the GOP total voter base – and a hero to the millions of Americans who have seen their ability to access real healthcare insurance decimated by Obamacare. Yes, it would go against the Senator’s precious libertarian principles, but at some point, if he truly wants to be president – as he seemed to sort of want to during the 2016 campaign – actually getting stuff done is going to have to supersede those principles.
- This week could be a real, true Rand Paul moment. Is he smart enough to realize it, and take advantage of it? Sadly, the smart money is probably on ‘no.’
- How stupid are NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell and many NFL owners? They are so damn stupid that, when President Trump went off on their ridiculous failure to discipline players who are killing their product’s TV ratings (down 20% in the last two seasons) that they actually responded by defending those players. That, folks, take stupid to previously unknown heights.
- The NFL seems to have lost sight of who makes up most of its audience. The preponderance of the NFL’s audience is made up of blue-collar working class Americans, the overwhelming mass of whom think it is really important to honor this country’s flag by standing during the national anthem. It is not a coincidence that the NFL has seen its TV ratings go into free-fall since Collin Kaepernick started his “look at me” act on the sidelines, and was able to continue to do so without consequence.
- Some apologists for these player like to argue that the NFL’s ratings are down because their games are boring. Hell, NFL games have been boring people stiff for a quarter of a century now, but the ratings didn’t start collapsing until the National Anthem protests started. If the NFL brass – except for Jerry Jones, who has made it clear to his Dallas Cowboys that they will stand for the Anthem or be benched – wants to pretend its problem has nothing to do with the protests, then no one will be able to halt the killing of the League’s Golden Goose.
- All that having been said, I have no doubt at all that all these NFL social justice warriors who today kneel on the sidelines while making millions of dollars a year will be far happier in the future, when their non-football skill sets allow them to earn $12 per hour putting boxes onto trucks at the loading docks behind the local Wal Mart. So you go, guys! Power to the people!!!!!!
- I just can’t wait to see how many NBA players start their own kneeling acts during the playing of the National Anthems before their games. That’s going to be awesome, and make the NFL’s SJWs look like child’s play by comparison. Given that I haven’t watched a full NBA game since about 1988, the death of that sport will make no difference in my life anyway.
- And the virus has even spread into major league baseball, as Bruce Maxwell, a nitwit mediocrity for the also-ran Oakland A’s decided he needed some attention on Saturday, too. This one kind of bothers me, since I’ve just begun to watch MLB games again this season, but as long as it doesn’t spread to the Texas Rangers or Los Angeles Dodgers, I’ll be cool.
- Hey, I’m old enough to remember when all SJWs went absolutely berserk and demanded punishing a player named Tim Tebow, who kneeled in prayer to God before NFL games. I also remember how the same sports and establishment fake news media that is today supporting the anti-flag kneelers ridiculed Tebow for expressing his beliefs in that way. Funny how that works.
Just another day in Social Justice Warrior America.
That is all.
Today’s Campaign Update
(Because The Campaign Never Ends)
- Jimmy Kimmel is the perfect spokesman for the American Left. He personifies everything the Left has become over the last 25 years, since the advent of Clintonian/Alinsky dominance of the Democrat Party: Entitled, snarky, mean, haughty, and above all else, studiously ignorant.
- The tactics he deploys from his late night pulpit are the tactics Clintonian Democrats have deployed from their political pulpits for a quarter of a century. You begin with a set of talking points prepared by someone else, but which you memorize and recite as if they were gospel handed down from God himself. In Kimmel’s case, the talking points were handed down by Chuck Schumer, more a minion of Satan than a god, but hey, the principle is the same.
- Kimmel’s talking points are pretty simple: Obama, good. Obamacare, good. Republicans, bad. Anything Republicans want to to with Obamacare, bad. That’s the sum total of what Kimmel “knows” about the debate over what to do about the collapsing Obamacare system, which has quintupled medical premiums in many areas and thrown millions of Americans off of healthcare insurance entirely. Kimmel sees none of this, because none of this is in the talking points he’s been fed by Schumer. Kimmel is abjectly ignorant, and he clings to his ignorance like Linus clings to his security blanket.
- Every set of leftist talking points comes with the standard set of leftist tactics, and those tactics always – ALWAYS – follow the same exact progression: First you start with a sob story, and to his credit, Kimmel and his beautiful little son have a great, very real sob story to relate. Second comes the name calling, and boy is Kimmel, a veteran comic, good at the name calling. Next comes the threats, and Kimmel is as good with the threats as he is at the name calling. Finally, when the left still hasn’t gotten everything it wants, comes the violence, as we have seen the past few years with Antifa and Black Lives Matter, the armed and violent wing of the Democrat Party. Kimmel hasn’t gotten around to the violence part yet, but we can be sure he will next time he runs into Brian Kilmeade.
- As mentioned above, the sob story is real: Kimmel does have a precious little boy who has a heart condition which has already required one surgery and will, according to Kimmel, require two more. This is awful, and everyone should be praying for the child’s full recovery. Luckily for the child, he is the son of a fabulously wealthy member of the top 1% of the 1%, so he will receive the finest healthcare available in America, which is also the finest available in the world. Kimmel wants his viewers to believe that the only reason his son will receive such fine healthcare is thanks to the demi-god Obama and Obamacare, which of course is an outright lie. But lying is what leftwingers like Kimmel do.
- Anyone who argues with Kimmel on this subject and points out his lies immediately becomes the target of nationally-televised name-calling. If you disagree with Kimmel, suddenly you are evil, a sexist, a racist, and any other -ist he can attach to what his script-writers consider these days to be a “joke”. One Louisiana Congressman even became an “inbred” in Kimmel’s Thursday rampage, er, ‘monologue’. It’s all very predictable, yet very sad coming as it does from a comic who at one time was actually a very funny guy who understood what his show was supposed to be about.
- Then come the threats. For leftist politicians, the threats come in the form of taxes, penalties or imprisonment on whatever behaviors they don’t approve of but can’t solve through name-calling. For Jimmy Kimmel, the threats come in the old-fashioned form of threatening to beat someone up when they call out his rank hypocrisy and lying on their own television program. Thus, his threat to physically assault Fox & Friends host Brian Kilmeade next time he runs into him.
- The final step for any good leftist is, of course, outright violence whenever they can’t get their way through the peaceful, constitutional process. Kimmel hasn’t gotten there yet – perhaps only because he hasn’t run into Kilmeade – but can anyone doubt that, should the Republicans cobble together 50 votes in the senate to pass the Graham/Cassidy bill, he will use his late night pulpit to urge his viewers to take that route? Given his down-the-line mindlessly leftist behavior to this point, it seems almost inevitable.
- Unlike the detestable Stephen Colbert, who actually understands a lot about politics and just chooses consciously to act the idiot in order to attract an audience, Kimmel is not someone to be condemned, but pitied. Through a highly emotional life experience, he has allowed himself to fall out of the only role he really knows anything about, and be co-opted by evil leftwingers like Chuck Schumer to act as their stooge. It’s like the modern-day Wizard of Oz – no need to worry about the image you see projected on your screen, it’s the man behind the curtain who is the real villain.
Just another day in evil leftists America.
That is all.
Photo credit: Foxnews.com
Today’s Campaign Update
(Because The Campaign Never Ends)
- The Justice Department announced late Saturday that it was sending in the feds to conduct an investigation into potential civil rights violations amid all the violence that took place in Charlottesville, earlier that day. The big question is, whose civil rights were violated? Let’s review the events of the day:
- You had a properly permitted demonstration by a bunch of white supremacist dimwits that took place without violence;
- Until, that is, those dimwits were set upon by a bunch of Antifa and Black Lives Matters agitators who were not properly permitted;
- Violent clashes took place when law enforcement officials were reportedly ordered by Democrat officeholders not to try to prevent them, exactly as happened earlier in the year in Berkeley;
- After the white supremacist dimwits had been dispersed, one of them decided to commit murder by driving his car into a pack of the leftist agitators, most of whom were white;
- The one leftist killed by the idiot was also white.
- So, whose civil rights were violated in Charlottesville on Saturday? As detestable as they are, the white supremacists did have a legal permit for their repugnant demonstrations. Violence only broke out when they were set upon by an obviously orchestrated, non-permitted group of leftist thugs. The murderer made no racial distinction about who he attempted to kill, and killed only a fellow white person.
- If the Justice Department investigators want to properly do their jobs, they might want to start by investigating the leftwing political activist Mayor of Charlottesville and VA Governor Terry McAuliffe, and determine which of them ordered the police to stand down and allow the non-permitted leftwing agitators to assault the white supremacists. It is, after all, a felony for any official to knowingly make a decision that causes any protesters to be violently assaulted while in the exercise of their first amendment rights. The investigators might also want to determine which Soros-funded leftist group it was that organized and paid those leftist agitators to be there on Saturday. Other than those things, it’s really hard to see, based on the information in the public domain thus far, what other “civil rights” violations might have taken place in Charlottesville on Saturday.
- Carrying tiki torches and nazi flags, and chanting idiotic white power slogans is detestable for sure. It is also free speech protected by the First Amendment to the Constitution, and it is a federal crime to violently interfere with anyone’s right to exercise free speech.
- I will no doubt be attacked and accuse of all sorts of false things for writing this, but if we aren’t willing to stand up for the protection of free speech and peaceful assembly in this country, then we soon won’t have a country.
- The Mooch turns media moocher. – The Mooch is back, and he’s cashing in, folks, obviously trying to take full advantage of his 15 minutes – make that 10 days – of fame, and the fake news media is perfectly willing to play host to the comeback, as long as he’s critical of only the ‘right’ people. Those people, of course, include White House Chief Strategy Advisor, Steve Bannon, but do not include National Security Advisor H.R. McMaster or any of the career Obama loyalists who still infest the White House staff.
- During his interview with fake anchor and longtime Clinton toady George Stephanopolous, The Mooch identified only one senior advisor by name as being a negative influence on the President, and that was Bannon, who has been the main White House target of the fake news media since Inauguration Day. The Mooch identified Bannon as a likely source of many of the leaks that have come out of 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. since January – which is a very common assumption, and not really news at all – and predicted that he’d be removed by new Chief of Staff John Kelly soon.
- As long as The Mooch toes this party line, and doesn’t criticize McMaster or any of the media’s sacred cows in the White House, he’ll be a golden boy, and we’ll be seeing a ton of him on network TV in the coming weeks and months. After all, with Senator From The News Media John McCain out of action, there is a ton of fake Republican air time to be filled, and the networks and CNN can only go to the Lindsey Graham well so many times. The Mooch’s next stop, in fact, is tonight on CBS’s The Late Show, where he will be interviewed by Trump-hater Stephen Colbert. If he gives Colbert enough red meat about Bannon, he’ll be on MSNBC with Chris Matthews by Wednesday.
- Pretty soon, we’ll have to start calling him The Media Mooch. It’s a great gig if you’re willing to sell yourself out, and with a nickname like The Mooch, can there really be any doubt on that score?
Just another day in fading free speech America
That is all.
- I’m old enough to remember when they actually played music.: It seems the only way the Dixie Chicks can sell records is to send their obnoxious lead singer, Natalie Maines, out there to bash a Republican president. During the height of the Iraq War, Ms. Maines issued her complaints about George W. Bush during the group’s concert events in Europe. They can’t attract an audience anymore, so now Ms. Maines has resorted to social media, issuing nasty tweets to President Trump. My goodness.
- This is Jerry Brown, “skillfully” stealing and spending other people’s money.: After the California legislature passed yet another massive tax increase on the state’s beleaguered residents – this time in the form of a major raise in the gasoline tax – the fake reporters at the Associated Press published a piece with the headline “California’s gas tax hike shows governor’s political skill”. Presumably, when the AP publishes a future fake news item about all the businesses and residents who abandon the Golden State as a result of its soul-crushing tax burden, it will carry the headline “California’s mass exodus shows governor’s relocation skill”.
- Ok, well, maybe it was two lone wolves. Oh, wait…: Islamic terrorists killed at least 44 Christians in two separate church bombings on Palm Sunday. Fake reporters and fake editors all over the U.S. fake news media were left feverishly scrambling to find a way, some way, to blame it all on their cherished “lone wolf.” Meanwhile, ISIS yet again took full credit for this latest atrocity.
- The liberal Boogeyman speaks.: Russia announced on Sunday that it would respond to any further U.S. military actions against the Syrian government with military action of its own. This left fake reporters and fake editors all over the fake U.S. news media scrambling to invent a rationale to credit Russia’s statement to it’s cherished “Trump/Russia” coordination fantasy.
- Hey…did Vlad sign off on this?: Meanwhile, the Trump Administration put Syrian dictator Bashar Al-Assad on notice that it will take further military action should Syria again resort to the use of chemical weapons. Contrary to the belief of the fake news media, Vladimir Putin was not consulted prior to the issuance of that notice.
- Beware of praise coming from ghouls.: In an appearance on Fox News on Sunday, war-mongering Senator Lindsey Graham said “I would say this about President Trump, I’m proud of him. He did something Obama did not do and if I’m North Korea I’m going to think differently about Trump. He didn’t draw a red line, he just acted.” That’s all well and good, but we should all hope that the President takes any praise coming from the Graham/McCain war hawk faction of the U.S. Senate as a reason to even more carefully review everything that he’s planning to do in the Middle East. It’s one thing to bomb an air field in retaliation for a chemical weapons atrocity, but these guys want to send 200,000 U.S. men and women into another country’s civil war, and that is a different thing entirely.
Just another day in Red Line Enforcing America.
That is all.
- Who could have ever predicted this? – Friday’s daily mailer from the Rasmussen survey group contained a header that says “Democrats See McCain As Better GOP Role Model Than Trump.” You don’t say…
- #FakeNews busted, yet again – You may have noticed that the fake news media has been implying that the recent spate of bomb threats being phoned into Jewish centers just has to be the work of nebulous, unidentified Trump supporters. Yeah…that’s not happening. Yesterday, the FBI finally made its first arrest of a suspect in these cases. He is one Juan Thompson, a former fake reporter for, of all places, NPR, who spent most of the election campaign comparing President Trump to Adolph Hitler, and bragged on Twitter about being a Bernie Sanders voter. I swear I don’t make this stuff up. Seriously.
- As I write this, the President of the United States has just gone on a Tweet storm in which he is overtly accusing his predecessor, Barack Obama, of ordering the wiretapping of Trump Tower in the days leading up to the election. I can’t imagine that President Trump would directly make this allegation if he did not have 100% certainty the information is true. It had better be, because if there is any element of what the President says in his Tweets that is not absolutely verifiable, that aspect of the story will be the only thing the fake news media focuses on, not the scandal of a former president abusing his office in such a heinous, fascist manner. In fact, already apologists for Mr. Obama are on Fox and CBS using coordinated talking points that claim “presidents don’t wiretap anyone”, as if Mr. Obama should not be held accountable for his administration’s actions.
- If it is all true, this will be the signal that the Trump Administration, after a couple of weeks on defense against all the fake news media allegations pointed at it, is going on the offense, and is about to do what it absolutely needs to do to survive: Go to all-out war against Mr. Obama and his evil minions that remain embedded in the various intel agencies, the State Department, the EPA and other agencies of the government. This will make squeamish Republicans and fake Republicans like Senators Graham and McCain uncomfortable, but it is an absolute necessity if the Trump presidency is to be anything more than a 4-year do-nothing placeholder before the next Democrat or soft Republican presidency resumes the nation’s 28 year slouch towards European socialism.
- BTW, we keep hearing soft Republicans like Lindsey Graham and Darrell Issa joining the likes of San Fran Nan and Cryin’ Chuckie Schumer in calls for an “independent prosecutor” to look into the fakenews allegations against Attorney General Jeff Sessions. The fact is that there is no such thing as an “independent prosecutor” law in the U.S. government – that law was repealed during the Clinton Administration. There is a provision in the law for a “special counsel”, but it can only be appointed by the Justice Department, not congress. Given the revelations of Obama’s wiretapping of Trump Tower, I’m guessing the Justice Department, if it appoints a “special counsel”, will be appointing one to look into that real issue, not fake ones invented by the fake news media.
- Hey, how about appointing a “special counsel” to perform a real investigation into the Clinton Crime Family Foundation? That would be a good start.
Just another day in Fake News America. Buckle up, folks, things are about to get very intense.
That is all.