Today’s Campaign Update
(Because The Campaign Never Ends)
- Is it just me, or does it seem like everybody – and I do mean everybody – who has done something to screw up their life in any way, shape or form has taken to blaming President Donald J. Trump as a coping mechanism for their own failures? Think about it.
- Take Harvey Weinstein as an example – what was this repugnant tub of goo’s first instinct when the NYTimes published its expose’ on his quarter century of abusing women? If you remember, he thought he could innoculate himself from any fallout from his 100% leftwing Hollywood peers by taking a leave of absence from his company so he could dedicate himself to fighting the NRA (virtue signal related to the Las Vegas massacre that had taken place six days earlier) and …wait for it…Donald Trump!
- But – oops! – it turns out that promising to go around playing the “Blame Trump” card doesn’t inoculate you against 25 years of soiling potted plants and blackmailing ambitious young ingenues into having sex with you in exchange for movie roles. It turns out that even Hollywood has some standards, and who could have ever guessed that?
- Then there’s Bowe Bergdahl, that traitorous Army deserter who Barack Obama and Susan Rice consider to be a great American “hero”. Obama thought so highly of Bergdahl that he was willing to trade five terrorist scum in order to get this “hero” – who had cost six truly brave American soldiers their lives as they searched Afghanistan trying to find him – released by the Taliban. After pleading guilty to desertion in his court martial, Bergdahl said he was doing so because he felt he could not get a fair trial due to things said by …wait for it… Donald Trump! Yeah, none of it’s your fault, bud.
- NFL Football players and owners – The pre-game protests by NFL players of the flag and national anthem went on for well over a year without a word about it coming from the very busy mouth of candidate Trump or President Trump. NFL ratings were tanking and game attendance dying throughout the 2016 season as a result, and that tanking continued into the 2017 season before the President had anything to say about it. But when the President decided to go off on these players and owners and commissioner Roger Goodell, why, suddenly it was all about Trump.
- The players, who let’s be honest, really had pretty much no idea why they were kneeling out there other than some vague multi-millionaire game player’s notion of being “oppressed”, suddenly decided that their demonstrations were all about Trump. Yeah, that’s the ticket! Many of the owners joined in because, well, they just had to show “solidarity” with their players because…because, ummm,welllll…because TRUMP! Yeah, because Trump! That’s what it is! Meanwhile, Goodell is thrilled by it all because everyone’s blaming Trump instead of him. The Trump boogeyman works for all parties in this one.
- The Most Corrupt Woman In America – Then there’s our very favorite leftwing slinger of nonsense and sleaze, Hillary Rotten, er, Rodham Clinton. This pathetic woman has parlayed abject corruption into a net worth of more than $200 million, and has spent the year blaming her 2016 election loss and everything else that is wrong with the world on – who else? – President Trump. Even the broken toe she claims to have suffered on Saturday while running up the stairs is no doubt the President’s fault – the vodka and diet Dr. Pepper had nothing to do with it.
- Then there is San Juan’s Crazy Little Marxist Mayor, Carmen Cruz, who has now completely discarded all pretense of not being a communist and has taken to dressing up as Che Guevara in her press availabilities. The government of Puerto Rico in general and in San Juan in particular has been a cesspit of corruption forever, and Ms. Cruz has done nothing to remedy any of that. The Island’s infrastructure, thanks in large part to government officials siphoning off money for themselves and their friends – as all good Marxists do – was in horrible shape before Hurricane Maria hit, and was basically destroyed completely by the storm.
- Despite the fact that the U.S. government has come into the island with literally thousands of military, FEMA and other recovery workers, massive amounts of supplies, and more generators than anywhere else on the face of the earth, progress has been slowed by the fact that the local trucker’s union decided this tragedy was a great time to go on strike, an action the crazy little Mayor supports. So, when the people of your island are suffering mainly due to your own corruption and ideological stupidity, what do you do? Why, you get in front of any CNN camera you can find and blame Trump! Works like charm.
- Finally, there’s the repugnant John McCain, literally the worst person who has ever served in the United States Senate. In receiving some “Liberty Medal” from his ideological sympatico Joe Biden on Monday, McCain had this to say: “To abandon the ideals we have advanced around the globe” and “refuse the obligations of international leadership … for the sake of some half-baked, spurious nationalism cooked up by people who would rather find scapegoats than solve problems” is “As unpatriotic as an attachment to any other tired dogma of the past that Americans consigned to the ash heap of history.”
- So, putting America and Americans first, ahead of McCain’s and Biden’s globalist, open borders ideology, is “unpatriotic”, in McCain’s view. He didn’t say which government – the U.N. perhaps? – it is “unpatriotic” towards.
- But this is McCain’s swan song, blaming Trump for preventing him from “solving problems.” Think about that – can you think of a single problem John McCain ever solved in his entire 30+ years in government? Neither can I.
- That’s not Trump’s fault. Trump’s just the boogeyman.
Just another day in Blame Trump! America.
That is all.