Today’s Campaign Update
(Because The Campaign Never Ends)
- God bless General John Kelly for doing what he did yesterday. It was heart-wrenching watching him get up there and talk about the death of his own son, and an utter disgrace that he had to do it. It was an act of supreme loyalty for him to go into that room filled with fake journalist snakes and defend his President. General Kelly has spent his entire adult life in the valiant service of his country, and yesterday’s service should never be forgotten by anyone who loves America.
- A Bush Finds His Voice – For eight long years, from January 20, 2009 through January 20, 2017, supporters of former President George W. Bush were saddened and frustrated as Mr. Bush sat idly by while his successor in office and his own supporters trashed Bush’s policies, his reputation and his personality on pretty much a daily basis. For those eight long years, Mr. Bush appeared happy and very much unperturbed as his successor worked overtime to tear down this country’s institutions brick by brick, to foment racial divisions wherever possible, acted in an utterly lawless manner whenever it suited his desires and needs, and, as we are finding out this week, allowed his Secretary of State and Attorney General to literally sell the country’s national security interests to Russia.
- Mr. Bush seemed to be footloose and fancy free as his successor sat fecklessly by and allowed ISIS to grow and take over vast swaths of Iraq and Syria, as terrorist attacks in the U.S. and throughout Western Europe multiplied in almost a geometric progression, as North Korea marched steadily towards possessing an intercontinental nuclear capability.
- During all that time and through all that corruption and destruction of American society, Mr. Bush sat at his Crawford, Texas ranch like a deaf mute, rarely seen in public other than at events at his presidential library on the SMU campus, or other events at which he was paling around with his “Brother from another Mother”, Bill Clinton. Nothing, no insult, no being blamed by his successor for his own failures, no corruption of government or society by said successor could break Mr. Bush out of his self-imposed silence.
- It is only this week that Mr. Bush has suddenly found his voice. As a duly-elected President of his own political party is going about systematically deconstructing the legacy of Mr. Bush’s successor, trying to resolve the crises with Iran and North Korea that both Mr. Bush and his successor punted down the road, dealing with major natural disasters in three states and Puerto Rico, and under a daily withering assault by our fake national news media, Mr. Bush chose this moment to come out of hiding and make a speech criticizing another president. Unfortunately, and to his undying disgrace, Mr. Bush chose to criticize not his successor and all the damage he perpetrated on our country, but the current President, Donald Trump.
- In making that speech yesterday, conveniently timed to distract attention from the exploding Russian Uranium/bribery scandal that took place in the first two years of the Obama Administration, the former President removed all doubt about where his real loyalties lie. Mr. Bush is a Bush after all, and his loyalties are with the establishment, the ruling elite, the globalists who insist we place international interests above the interests of American citizens, and the DC Swamp creatures who continue to work to ensure such outcomes. He’s just another Bush, like his Dad, like Jeb! and all the other Bushes who are creatures of the ruling elite. His outlook and philosophy differ from those of the Clintons and the Obamas only by small degrees.
- By labeling President Trump’s voters as bigots and nativists, Mr. Bush showed an elite’s disdain for the very same voters who got him elected in 2000 and 2004. By laying off the blame for our current social strife entirely on President Trump, Mr. Bush demonstrated support for the very leftists who are truly responsible for it all. By refusing to condemn the Democrat-invented “resistance”, Mr. Bush showed his preference for the true fascists among us.
- I’ll never regret supporting George W. Bush in 2000 and 2004, because he was definitely the lesser of two evils in those elections. But Thursday’s disgracefully timed and delivered speech removed any remaining doubt that he was in fact an evil, and that made it a sad day indeed.
Just another day in betrayed Bush voters America.
That is all.
Today’s Campaign Update
(Because The Campaign Never Ends)
- The Wall Street Journal ran a story yesterday that didn’t have anything to do with Donald Trump Jr. Yes, I swear it’s true, hard as that is to believe amid the fake news media feeding frenzy over its latest fake scandal. The WSJ story deserves our attention because it puts the lie to the media narrative that the reason why the Trump Administration has had so few people confirmed to appointed positions is the slowness of their making the nominations, not obstruction by Chuck Schumer and his fellow Democrat blockaders. Here’s the key passage:
“According to the Partnership for Public Service, as of June 28 Mr. Trump had nominated 178 appointees but the Senate had confirmed only 46. Barack Obama had 183 nominees confirmed by that date in his first term, and George W. Bush 130.
The White House has understandably begun to make a public issue of the delays, and Minority Leader Chuck Schumer says it “has only itself to blame.” But a press release Mr. Schumer sent out Monday made the White House case, showing that the Senate has received 242 nominations but confirmed only 50 through June 30. Democrats are now the problem.”
- So, next time some nitwit tells you that the dearth of confirmed political appointees “is all Trump’s fault!!!!!” (they always scream, don’t they?), ask them politely to quit lying to you.
- It’s important to know that Schumer is able to accomplish this level of obstruction because he is the first Senate Minority Leader in history to simply abandon all concern for the well-being of the country and order his troops to demand cloture votes for each and every nominee presented to the Senate. This of course comes only after Democrat Senators have used up all delaying tactics within the committee process, which can go on for months, and means that, when a nomination comes to the floor for a vote, there is a minimum 2 day delay before the matter can come up, and then a minimum of 30 hours for floor debate before the cloture vote to end debate can be held. These are the senate rules as they exist today. Given that as of Monday, the Senate only had 34 session days remaining on its calendar for the entire year, you can see the problem this represents.
- But wait, there’s more! It gets even more absurd for judicial nominees, where Senate Democrats have held up 21 of the 23 judges nominated by President Trump thus far. Current rules for the Judiciary Committee – through which all judicial nominees must pass – include the so-called “blue card” rule. This idiotic relic of a more collegial past, in which both political parties actually gave a damn about the country, forces Judiciary to wait until each nominee has received “blue cards” of approval from both senators who represent the state in which the judge would serve.
- Here’s the thing we all must understand: The Democrat Party does not give a damn about the future of this country. The Party as a whole quit caring about national security half a century ago, it no longer cares about the ability of the executive branch to function properly, and it certainly doesn’t care about the ability of the judicial branch to adjudicate justice. This is, after all, the political party that worked feverishly in Virginia last year to ensure convicted felons were able to vote in the November elections – the Democrats in fact view felons and violent criminals as a natural Democrat voter bloc. And don’t even think about arguing that point with me – it is manifestly true.
- Several months ago, I wrote a piece that discussed the fact that our constitutional system of government is to a large extent based on the assumption that voters would elect people to office who actually have a sense of shame. The assumption was that a free, independent press protected by the First Amendment would serve as the public’s watchdog and shame bad actors into better behavior by exposing their abuses. Barack Obama was able to engage in all sorts of shameful, often illegal behavior in office because he had no sense of shame, and the fake news media refused to report on his abuses. Hillary Clinton was able to stay out of prison because James Comey and Loretta Lynch have no sense of shame, and the fake news media work feverishly to cover up her illegal behavior.
- By the same token, Chuck Schumer and the Senate Democrats have no sense of shame, no concern for the country, and know the fake news media will never focus on their own abuses. The occasional report in the WSJ is welcome, but will do nothing to force the Democrats to do what’s best for the country.
- The proper staffing and functioning of the executive and judicial branches of the federal government have always assumed that members of both political parties in the Senate would place the needs of country above the crass interests of party. Given that Democrats are obviously no longer willing to do that, the time has come for the GOP majority in the Senate to put an end to rules that are relics of a past that is long gone and will never return.
Just another day in Democrats have no shame America.
That is all.
- All of the City of Dallas’s 156 emergency warning sirens were hacked and activated dozens of times Friday evening, setting off near-panic among some of the city’s citizens. Not one of the local network affiliate TV stations, whose weather people regularly interrupt prime time programming whenever three or four drops of rain start to fall, chose to break into their prime time programming to inform their viewers that there was nothing to worry about. Indeed, the only information the public received before Saturday morning on the situation came from a Tweet from the local FBI office. Your fake news media in action.
- In a predictably softball interview with the fake NY Times reporter Nicholas Kristoff this week, The Most Corrupt Woman in America predictably blamed a whole bunch of other people for her loss last November. Taking a share of the blame were our bi-polar FBI Director, James Comey; WikiLeaks; the “weaponization of information”, whatever that means; Bernie Sanders; and of course, the Democrats’ favorite boogeyman, the RUSSIANS!!!!!!!!! She of course did not blame her incompetent campaign manager John Podesta, who basically made his email account public by falling for an amateurish phishing email. Nor did she blame the outrageous behavior of supporting celebrities like Lena Dunham, Miley Cyrus, Samuel L, Jackson, Whoopi Goldberg, Alec Baldwin and Amy Schumer, who all worked very hard to alienate middle America’s blue collar workers. And of course she did not blame herself, her own incompetence, her abject lack of appeal as a candidate, her horrible speaking style, her stupid tactical decisions, her illegal email activities, and her pathological lying. But of course, that last part explains everything, doesn’t it?
- Hey, remember Friday, when Swedish officials predictably announced (it’s part of the playbook now) that the Islamic terrorist who drove his truck through a crowd and murdered four people was a “lone wolf”? Yeah, that was a lie. They arrested another guy yesterday. Didn’t publicize it, hoping no one will notice. This is how law enforcement all over the free world deals with Islamic terrorism now – lies and wishful thinking. That is a recipe for cultural suicide.
- Former President George W. Bush wrote an op-ed in the Washington Post on Friday, appealing to President Trump to not cut funding to the African AIDS assistance program that he initiated while president. No word why the former president felt the need to make his appeal via the fake news media, when he surely had a phone available to him.
- Tired of winning yet? ICE officials announced a 250% increase in arrests of illegal aliens with violent criminal records, apprehending 368 in a single week (including 153 in Texas), with a focus on “members of the violent MS-13 gang and illegals charged with sex crimes against kids.” Progressives all over the nation were horrified by this news. Which is why you should never even think about becoming a progressive.
- Meanwhile, President Trump’s summit meeting with Chinese leader Xi went extremely well, with the U.S. President and first family receiving high praise in the Chinese media. Progressives everywhere are horrified by this news as well.
Just another day in Never Become a Progressive America.
That is all.