Today’s Campaign Update
(Because The Campaign Never Ends)
The liberal education bubble in action! – The Pantsuit Princess was given an award by Harvard University on Sunday for her “transformative impact on society.” Wait, wait, wait – before you guffaw, or vomit at the absurdity of this, think it fully through.
The Coughing Crook has indeed had “transformative impacts” on our society. Here are a few examples:
- She “transformed” the U.S. State Department into a classic mob influence racket;
- She “transformed” 20 percent of U.S. uranium supplies into Russian hands;
- She and her husband “transformed” a charitable foundation into another mob influence racket;
- She “transformed” the FBI into a full-fledged criminal enterprise.
But hey, it hasn’t been all bad. At the end of the day, the Fainting Felon, more than anyone else, gave us Donald J. Trump as President. Thanks, Hillary!
Today is going to be a big, big day. – I closed yesterday’s Campaign Update by point out that a tweet President Trump issued on Saturday indicated that he was considering taking the big step of declassifying some of the documents that DOJ and the FBI have been withholding from congress for many months. Little did I know that that tweet was just the trickle of the presidential Twitter flood to come.
By noon Central Time, President Trump had issued a series of nine additional tweets, the text of which reads as follows, in the order in which they were posted:
- Things are really getting ridiculous. The Failing and Crooked (but not as Crooked as Hillary Clinton)
@nytimes has done a long & boring story indicating that the World’s most expensive Witch Hunt has found nothing on Russia & me so now they are looking at the rest of the World!
- ….At what point does this soon to be $20,000,000 Witch Hunt, composed of 13 Angry and Heavily Conflicted Democrats and two people who have worked for Obama for 8 years, STOP! They have found no Collussion with Russia, No Obstruction, but they aren’t looking at the corruption…
- …in the Hillary Clinton Campaign where she deleted 33,000 Emails, got $145,000,000 while Secretary of State, paid McCabes wife $700,000 (and got off the FBI hook along with Terry M) and so much more. Republicans and real Americans should start getting tough on this Scam.
- Now that the Witch Hunt has given up on Russia and is looking at the rest of the World, they should easily be able to take it into the Mid-Term Elections where they can put some hurt on the Republican Party. Don’t worry about Dems FISA Abuse, missing Emails or Fraudulent Dossier!
- What ever happened to the Server, at the center of so much Corruption, that the Democratic National Committee REFUSED to hand over to the hard charging (except in the case of Democrats) FBI? They broke into homes & offices early in the morning, but were afraid to take the Server?
- ….and why hasn’t the Podesta brother been charged and arrested, like others, after being forced to close down his very large and successful firm? Is it because he is a VERY well connected Democrat working in the Swamp of Washington, D.C.?
- The Witch Hunt finds no Collusion with Russia – so now they’re looking at the rest of the World. Oh’ great!
- I hereby demand, and will do so officially tomorrow, that the Department of Justice look into whether or not the FBI/DOJ infiltrated or surveilled the Trump Campaign for Political Purposes – and if any such demands or requests were made by people within the Obama Administration!
Ok, let me catch my breath. Where to begin? First, let’s just concede that this was the most awesome tweetstorm in the history of tweetstorms. In 9 tweets, containing a total of about 300 total words, the President of the United states pretty much summed up his own frustrations as well as the frustrations of about half of the country with regards to the obvious, blatant dual system of law enforcement – or lack thereof – that has been practiced within the FBI and DOJ for the past three years.
It is a dual standard, it is a witch hunt, it is a situation in which our ostensible law enforcement agencies are allowing obvious, blatant criminals to walk free on the streets and receive awards from universities like Harvard. These are people who have betrayed our country, abused its institutions for massive personal monetary rewards, shared its highest secrets with the entire globe and who did their very best to outright steal a presidential election.
We also have a situation in which the conspirators within the FBI, DOJ and CIA who conspired to rig an election and then take down a president now fully admit that they did spy on the opposition party’s presidential campaign, and then repeatedly, bald-facedly lied about it all under oath to various congressional committees and, with the help of their media allies, to the public at large.
So, the President who was the target of the conspiracy is upset about it all? Go figure.
The very sweaty Rod Rosenstein, whose ill-considered appointment of his pal Robert Mueller as Special Counsel marks one of the low points in all of this, responded to the President’s final tweet within a few hours by announcing he was instructing DOJ Inspector General Michael Horowitz to expand his investigation to include “whether the FBI held a political motive in the counterintelligence investigation,” i.e., their spying on the Trump Campaign.
Consider the specific wording of that sentence. Why is it worded that way? Because Horowitz has already been investigating the FBI spying operation for months. Back on March 28, when Attorney General Jeff Sessions expanded the scope of the IG’s investigation, the authorization letter included this language: “As part of this examination, the OIG will also review information that was known to the DOJ and the FBI at the time the [FISA warrant] applications were filed from or about an alleged FBI confidential source. Additionally, the IG will review the DOJ’s and the FBI’s relationship and communications with the alleged source as they relate to the FISC applications.”
Here’s what’s probably going to happen today, judging from the President’s tweets, which by the way were obviously drafted with help from his lawyers and probably Chief of Staff John Kelly:
- Rosenstein’s reaction to add it all to the IG’s plate is a good start, but probably not enough. The President may well ask for a second special counsel to be appointed, or perhaps demand that Sessions appoint a U.S. attorney to perform a criminal investigation of some of the obvious criminal activity that Mueller refuses to address;
- The President may well also announce he is using his constitutional authority to declassify certain documents – such as the letters Rosenstein used to appoint Mueller and expand the scope of his investigation – that Rosenstein and the FBI have refused to provide to Congress;
- If Mr. Trump takes such action, Rosenstein will in all likelihood offer his resignation, which the President would no doubt accept.
Then there’s Jeff Sessions, our seemingly too-often-absent Attorney General. There are two common schools of thought about Mr. Sessions:
- He’s just another deep state operative and will never do anything to bring the real criminals in all of this to justice; or
- He’s been carefully biding his time, awaiting the issuance of the IG reports and doing everything by the book before springing his carefully-constructed trap on the nation’s enemies. He’s had Utah U.S. Attorney John Huber investigating all of this in coordination with Horowitz, and indictments and trials will follow shortly after the IG’s work is complete and relevant criminal referrals have been made.
I want to believe the latter scenario about Sessions is the case, because if it isn’t, then all is lost and none of this matters. If the latter is the case, then things are about to come to a head very, very quickly. If the first scenario is true about Sessions, then we may see him either resign or be fired outright this week as well. Because the President has had enough of this crap, and really, who can blame him?
Just another day in some of you laughed last Friday when I told you things were about to move very, very quickly America.
That is all.
Follow me on Twitter at @GDBlackmon
Today’s news moves at a faster pace than ever. Whatfinger.com is my go-to source for keeping up with all the latest events in real time.