- Hmmmm…lessee here…should we vacation in Hawaii, or North Korea? Costa Rica, or North Korea? Italy, or North Korea? An Alaskan cruise, or North Korea? Vegas, or hey honey, how about North Korea? Boy, this is hard…: The UK Independent reports that a North Korean defector, who claims to have been a corporal in the NK Army, says that The Crazy Little Fat Guy who rules that country has a plan to kidnap tourists if his country is attacked. Seriously? Tourists? We have people who take vacations to that porta-potty of a country? Voluntarily? Who are these people, and should we really be worried about them if they have no better judgment than that? Holy cow.
- Hey, doc. See, I have this, uh, issue, when, you know, I’m…well, I’m trying to, you know…and well, I think I need some…ummm…well, you know what I’m saying here, right?: Speaking of The Crazy Little Fat Guy, his missile program continues its pattern of projectile dysfunction. His much-heralded test launch of an intermediate-range ballistic missile exploded less than five seconds after leaving the launch pad. Deputy National Security Advisor K.T. McFarland was evasive about whether the U.S. government may have had something to do with this latest failure to launch when questioned by Chris Wallace on Fox News Sunday.
- Here at United Airlines, our employees are committed to mishandling any incident in a way that creates maximum reputational damage.: In yet another customer service fiasco, a couple traveling to Costa Rica were kicked off their flight in Houston when they attempted to change seats on a half-empty flight. The couple claims that, when they found their designated seats occupied by a barefooted guy sleeping across the entire row, they decided that, rather than waking him, they would take seats a few rows forward on the plane. Turns out that they had only paid economy fare, and those seats happened to be “economy plus” seats that give you four additional inches of leg room. United charges you a princely sum for those extra four inches, and the couple claims that within two minutes of moving to their new, pricier seats, air marshals showed up and removed the couple from the flight without explanation. For its part, United claims the couple repeatedly ignored the crew’s instructions to move back to economy class, and were disruptive, which sounds like the more realistic scenario. But that doesn’t matter, because the fake news media is reporting the story from the couple’s perspective. The whole point here is that United has to find a way to stop kicking paying customers off its flights and bringing this kind of fire into its own position.
- It would be America’s first “tell-nothing” book.: Long-time companion to The Most Corrupt Woman In America and wife of America’s Most Wanted Pervert, Huma Abedin, is shopping what she’s calling a “tell-all” book to publishers. She’s looking for a $2 million advance to “spill her secrets”. Of course, this is just another Clintonian racket, as Ms. Abedin is still hanging around with Hillary, which means every word in any such book would be vetted, polled and focus-grouped by the Clinton minions. Which of course means that anything that’s actually true would be rejected. Good luck with that.
- Um, well, seems like you might have wanted to figure this out BEFORE you published the piece.: This may be the greatest fake news media story ever. Late last week, the fake editors at the Huffington Post fake news site gave the green light to a guest opinion piece titled “Could It Be Time To Deny White Men The Franchise?” As one might guess, a piece proposing to deny the vote to white men (seriously, how racist and sexist can one be?) in America generated a great deal of controversy, but the HuffPo fake editors held firm and even publicly defended the piece and its author. But then, on Sunday, the piece was removed from the HuffPo site. The fake Huffpo editors did release a statement that hilariously reads, in part “We have done this because the blog submission from an individual who called herself Shelley Garland, who claimed to be an MA student at UCT, cannot be traced and appears not to exist.” #Fakenews, defined.
Just another Easter weekend in fake news America.
That is all.
- In entertainment news: Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner have announced they are getting a divorce. Man, am I out of touch. I though that had happened years ago, about the time when she started making those very odd credit card commercials. I have got to quit looking at the covers of all those tabloids while waiting in the checkout line at Kroger.
- In sports news: Eli Manning is being accused of fraud, after the unmasking of some of his emails revealed him asking trainers to get him “Two helmets that can pass for game-used. That is it.” Anyone who is surprise by this, and thinks that faking game-used uniforms and equipment is not a widespread practice among professional athletes needs to quit spending tons of money on sports collectibles.
- In United Airlines news: A man on a United flight traveling from Houston to Calgary was stung by a scorpion which dropped onto his shoulder from the overhead luggage bin. United CEO Oscar Munoz first issued a statement saying that the scorpion had done everything right; a second statement saying that the scorpion had displaced a piece of luggage at the last minute because it had to be relocated to Calgary so it could get on another United flight and sting somebody else; and then finally apologized in his third statement of the day. (Ok, just kidding, but you wouldn’t have been surprised if he had said all of that, now, would you?)
- In Jeff Bezos news: Mr. Bezos, founder of Amazon, owner of the WaPo fake newspaper, and founder of Blue Origins, a proposed private space travel line, announced that there will be no bathrooms or barf bags on Blue Origins flights, should they ever actually get off the ground. So if passengers need to pee, poop or puke, they are on their own. So it will be a lot like flying on United Airlines.
- In Big Bomb news: That very loud explosion you heard was not the sound of fake journalists’ heads exploding over something President Trump had said. It was the sound of the largest non-nuclear bomb ever used in combat, the 11-ton MOAB (Mother of All Bombs) that the U.S. military dropped on a network of caves in Afghanistan that ISIS has been using as hiding places. The military’s post-action report says that 36 ISIS derelicts were killed. How they know this exact number, I have no idea, but I figure it’s safest not to ask.
- In Progressives’ Trump/Russia Collusion Fantasy news: CIA Director Mike Pompeo yesterday called Julian Assange and his WikiLeaks operation a “non-state hostile intelligence service often abetted by state actors like Russia.” Immediately after the Director issued his statement, fake journalists across the fake news media scurried off to get to work on a rationale to spin this into proof that President Trump and Vladimir Putin are BFFs. Film at 11.
- Finally, I wrote the basics of this piece 18 months ago, but it was about Trump: The New York Sun published a piece by Ira Stoll, in which he posits that Mitch McConnell has shown Republicans the light in the manner in which he managed the ultimate filling of the Antonin Scalia seat on the Supreme Court with Neil Gorsuch. By refusing to give Barack Obama’s nominee, Merrick Garland, a hearing, and then being willing to use the “nuclear option” to get Gorsuch confirmed, all in the face of a very predictably withering assault by the fake news media, McConnell proved that the GOP can enact its priorities if it just stops giving a damn what the fake news media has to say. For those who missed it all, this is the essence of how Donald Trump got elected to the presidency, and how he has already become a very, very consequential president in just over 80 days in office. I keep hoping that, someday, somehow, Speaker Ryan and the rest of the congressional Republicans will figure out that the public trusts the fake news media even less than it trusts congress at this point. Just go about your work, get the job done, and quit worrying about what MSNBC or CNN say about you, because nobody who matters really cares.
Just another day in slow-learning Republicans America.
That is all.
Photo Credit: TMZ.com
- That must have been a hell of a meeting.: China’s military posted a warning on its official website to North Korea not to cross its “bottom line”. A few minutes later, the warning was mysteriously taken down. Too late – it had already been screen-grabbed by many enterprising souls, and is now making the rounds across the web. This warning comes in the wake of Chinese President Xi Jinping’s meeting over the weekend with President Donald Trump. Earlier in the week, China turned away three North Korean coal ships from their ports, a huge development since coal is the main export from North Korea to China. Meanwhile, there are reports that key NK government leaders have fled Pyongyang, the nation’s capital, and are holing themselves up in bunkers. The crazy little fat guy is getting nervous.
- President Trump said on Wednesday that U.S.-Russia relations may be “at an all-time low.” Fake journalists across the fake news media spun that statement into an admission that Vladimir Putin is Trump’s bestest buddy ever. Film at 11.
- She thinks MSNBC is just too darn conservative.: Former Clinton advisor Jennifer Palmieri, in a discussion panel in Washington DC yesterday, made the hilarious claim that the fake news media is “much harder” on Democrats than Republicans, and was highly biased AGAINST The Most Corrupt Woman in America during the campaign. No word if Ms. Palmieri also believes that up is down, black is white, that there really is an alien mother ship deep beneath the ice in Antarctica, or that Colonel Sanders is still alive and partnering with the Illuminati to dominate the globe, but it seems likely.
- Of course, they also feel unsafe watching re-runs of “Gilligan’s Island.”: With Vice President Mike Pence scheduled to deliver Notre Dame’s commencement speech on May 21, some of the university’s snowflakes are feeling “unsafe”. So two of these pitiful creatures have started a cute campaign complete with a fancy hashtag called #notmycommencementspeaker. “For me personally, [Pence] represents the larger Trump administration,” One of the lead snowflakes told the university’s newspaper. “His administration represents something, and for many people on our campus, it makes them feel unsafe to have someone who openly is offensive but also demeaning of their humanity and of their life and of their identity.” How did these people ever make their way past pacifiers and diapers? If I or any my friends had behaved this way when we were in college, we’d have gotten our butts kicked, and deservedly so.
- What could possibly go wrong? Oh, wait…: HUD Secretary Ben Carson visited a public housing project in Miami as a part of his nationwide listening tour, and immediately got stuck in a malfunctioning elevator for 20 minutes. Hard to believe an elevator built by the federal government doesn’t work properly, isn’t it?
- Tired of winning yet?: After the Obama Administration ignored the case for six years, a joint U.S.-Mexico task force yesterday arrested the main suspect in the 2010 killing of Border Control Agent Brian Terry. For those unfamiliar with this case, Agent Terry’s murder led to the exposure of Obama’s “Fast and Furious” operation, in which the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms sold guns to known Mexican criminals in Phoenix with the alleged intention of tracking them down once they went back into Mexico. Mr. Terry was murdered during one of those tracking operations. The Obama Administration was intent upon covering up “Fast and Furious” and everything surrounding it, and it basically covered up the Terry killing as well. And so another Obama disgrace gets resolved in the first 90 days of the Trump Administration.
Just another day in not-so-fast-and-furious America.
That is all.
Photo Credit: Fox News Channel
- Ok, just shoot me now – I can’t take anymore of this.: LA Times fake writer Micheal Hitzak, a winner of the fake Pulitzer fake Prize for fake journalism, theorized on Tuesday that President Trump and United Airlines CEO Oscar Munoz conspired to create the airline’s current fiasco in order to distract attention from other Administration controversies. Honest. I swear. You just. can’t. make. this. stuff. up.
- Tired of winning yet?: The government reports that border crossings in March were down more than 72% compared to the last month of the Obama Administration. As noted here before, this is without a wall, without any new laws, without a bigger budget for ICE or the Border Patrol, without any new technology. This is simply the result of the voters electing a President who chooses to enforce the laws already on the books.
- Trump was right. Again.: The WaPo reported last night that the FBI was indeed spying on the Trump Campaign. The Post no doubt reluctantly reported that the FBI did obtain a FISA Warrant so it could spy on Carter Page, who was a foreign policy advisor to the Trump Campaign. The fake reporters at the Post naturally portray this as evidence of Trump collusion with Russia, but what it really is is additional proof that Trump’s Tweet about having been surveilled by the Obama Administration was correct. It’s obvious that if the FBI had obtained any evidence that Page had somehow engaged in improper communications with the Russians, we would damn sure know it by now through illegal leaks from Obama holdovers in that agency.
- That giant whooshing sound you heard around 10:00 last night was the deflating of the fake news media balloons. The fake reporters in the fake media had issued breathless reports over the last two weeks that the Democrats were going to win the special election to fill the 4th Kansas congressional district seat that came open when Mike Pompeo was named CIA Director. All the fake reporters and fake talking heads were on pins and needles last night, praying that this “safe” Republican seat would fall to their beloved Democrats. And, just as last November 8, the early results were encouraging, as their Democrat hero led by a few percentage points in the early returns. But the worm began to turn around 9:00, and by 10:00, the fake journalists at the Associated (fake) Press was forced to call the election for the Republican. A few minutes later, hundreds of fake pre-written stories about how this Democrat victory means that President Trump has no mandate to govern the country rained into trash cans in fake press rooms in Washington and New York. So sad.
- Here at United, The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves.: United CEO David Munoz issued three different statements yesterday in the wake of the widely-viewed video of O’Hare Airport cops forcibly dragging a bloodied passenger from one of the airline’s flights. His first statement claimed his employees did everything right; his second claimed that the flight had not been over-sold as had been widely reported. It was only in his third statement of the day, as his airline’s stock had plummeted in trading, that he actually managed to apologize for the incident and pledge that his airline would do better in the future. I don’t know who is in charge of United’s communications operation, but I do know I personally could do a much better job, and probably work a lot cheaper. Just sayin’.
- Meanwhile, White House spokesman Sean Spicer seemed to be being advised by the same people advising Mr. Munoz, first stupidly saying in his daily press briefing that “even Hitler” did not resort to using chemical weapons (he obviously did), and then, even more stupidly going on CNN later in the day to issue an apology. At some point, this Administration has got to stop pretending that CNN is a legitimate news organization, and instead treat it as the partisan Democrat operation it actually is. The apology was the right thing to do, but do it with a real journalist, like Chris Wallace or Sharryl Atkisson. Stop the pretense that CNN matters.
Just another day in bad communications America.
That is all.
Photo Credit: Breakroom.org
- Speaking truth to nitwits.: Italian designer Stefano Gabbana publicly thanked First Lady Melania Trump for wearing an outfit he designed in her new official portrait. He also told social media trolls who pounded on him for working with Mrs. Trump to “go to hell.” Cool.
- Sorry folks, that cat don’t flush.: 20 Democratic members of the House signed a letter to Speaker Paul Ryan demanding that Rep. Devin Nunes be removed as the Chairman of the House Intelligence Committee. Their letter contained the unintentionally hilarious line “this is about country, not party.” For the record, it has been at least a quarter of a century since any Democrat member of either house of congress did anything for “country, not party.”
- The last refuge of the flummoxed liberal.: Out of any other means to defend the pathological liar Susan Rice in her growing “unmasking” scandal, MSNBC fake host Chris Matthews very predictably declared the entire episode to be both “racist” and “sexist.” That will of course appeal greatly to all the social justice warriors out there, but hey, they were already going to ignore the elephant in the room in any event. That’s what they do. It will take a better set of talking points and distractions to convince anyone else the elephant is in fact not there.
- By the way, if you are surprised that the major networks, CNN and MSNBC have not just ignored the growing avalanche of evidence that the Obama Administration was indeed illegally spying on and unmasking members of the Trump campaign and transition team for political purposes, but aggressively assaulted the story, remember this: Those media outlets are all complicit in the crime. They all shared the illegally leaked information. They all actively covered up every major scandal of the Obama years. They all actively refused to even vet Barack Hussein Obama when he was a candidate in 2008. They all parrotted the Obama Administration talking points every day for eight long years. They all willingly gave up being anything resembling real “news” organizations in order to become a part of the Obama machine. They cannot now recognize and report on the utter corruption that pervaded every corner of their hero’s regime, because to do so destroys their own credibility. So they will stick with this sinking ship to the bitter end. They have no choice.
- Tired of winning yet?: Department of Homeland Security officials revealed yesterday that illegal immigration across the nation’s southern border is down 67% for the first quarter of 2017 compared to 2016. That’s without building a wall, without passing new laws, without a dollar of more budget money for the Border Patrol. That’s what happens when you elect a President who simply decides to enforce U.S. immigration laws. This is not rocket science.
- We’re all so devastated.: Coordinating with the Clinton family, which has been embarked on a months-long effort to drum up a pretense to run their no-account daughter Chelsea for political office in 2018, fake journalist Gayle King took things a step farther than others before her. She actually asked the dim-witted spawn of Hillary if she had any interest in running for the presidency in 2020. And did it with a straight face! To the huge disappointment of demented Clinton sycophants across the country, their new achievement-devoid hero demurred, saying “I clearly don’t agree with our president, but I’m definitely not the right person to run to defeat him in 2020. So right now, the answer is no.” Oh, heck. Oh, darn.
Just another day in Trump Derangement Syndrome, fake media America
That is all.
Some thoughts about the events of the past week:
- The ongoing demonization of House Intel Committee Chair Devin Nunes by the fake news media and Democrat Party is classic Saul Alinsky tactics (Rule 12: Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it.). They see someone getting to the heart of a scandal that will ultimately cause great harm to the leftist cause, and so they demonize the messenger. There is absolutely nothing wrong in any action Nunes has taken in getting accurate, truthful information out regarding the Obama Administration’s blatant surveillance of the Trump campaign and transition team, and the illegal unmasking of General Mike Flynn and several others that resulted from that activity. Thus, having no way to refute the information Nunes has revealed, the fake media and Democrats focus on the messenger and the process in an effort to convince the public that that is the “real” issue at hand. It isn’t.
- Nunes must not resign or be removed from his chairmanship. If either happens, the fake media/Democrat strategy wins, and it will continued to be deployed against others so long as it is effective. We can likely trust Nunes to stand firm; but, can we trust Speaker Paul Ryan to do the same? That’s a perilous question.
- On the Senate side, watch Iowa Senator Chuck Grassley and his efforts to get our bi-polar FBI Director, James Comey, to release information regarding a Feb. 28 WaPo story that alleged that the FBI actually was paying the British intelligence agent who concocted the false “dossier” about then-candidate Donald Trump. Grassley issued a letter demanding information on the matter on March 6, which has been stone-walled by the FBI. So he issued a second letter this past week. The Senate hearings on this matter – which if true, should result in the removal of Comey and anyone else who was involved in constructing that false dossier – will be fascinating. Naturally, the fake news media has held a virtual blackout on reporting on this story. But they can’t ignore it forever.
- As well, the Evelyn Farkas matter is key. She went on record admitting that the Obama Administration did indeed spy on the Trump campaign and transition, and shared classified intelligence far and wide. Her denial this past week was weak and a transparent effort to do damage control. If she is not called by the House and Senate Intel Committees to testify under oath, then people should demand to know why.
- Also, pay attention to this story: Fox New’s Adam Housley reported on Saturday that he has spoken with multiple sources inside U.S. intelligence agencies who confirm that the Obama spying on Trump began “before Trump was the GOP nominee,” and that “The person who did the unmasking is “very well known, very high up, very senior, in the intelligence world & is not in the FBI.” John Brennan and James Clapper come immediately to mind as the prime candidates here.
The bottom line is this: The real story in all of this is that, for the better part of a year, we had a sitting presidential administration spying on the campaign of the other party’s candidate, all while the sitting President was actively out campaigning for his own party’s candidate. That is an abuse of power so extraordinary and stunning that it makes Richard Nixon look like a 4th grader playing tiddly winks. If the proof of this is ultimately made fully public, many Obama officials and probably media personalities will go to prison for a long time.
Congressional Democrats and those in the intel community who were involved know that that is the real story, and are continuing to pound on the fantasy “Trump/Russia” collusion nonsense, along with the “process” deflection about Devin Nunes as their means of deflecting media and public attention from the real story. Naturally, the fake news media goes along with the deflection in keeping with its willing role as the publicity arm of the Democratic Party.
Everything the Democrats and fake news media are doing here is classic Saul Alinsky 101. If they are able to prevail and prevent the truth from seeing the light of day, our country is well and truly doomed.
That is all.
- Yes, if by “core values” you mean no values at all.: Student snowflakes at swanky Swarthmore College who recently staged an anti-fossil fuel sit-in are upset that they are actually being punished for impinging on the rights of fellow students and administrators to get their business done. Several of the sensitive children were issued citations by the university this week, with “punishments” ranging from simple warnings to – gasp! – probation. The children have responded predictably for a bunch of entitled nitwits, claiming that the school’s actions represent a violation of Swarthmore’s “core values.” I swear I don’t make this stuff up.
- Note to fake news media: A pig that has lost a whisker remains a pig.: A fake journalist named Lissie Lapowsky published a piece at Wired in which she whines that President Donald Trump is “gutting the federal budget.” For the record, the Trump budget proposal would reduce discretionary federal spending by a not-so-whopping 1.2 percent. Obviously, the fake editors at Wired agree with their fake writer that 1.2 percent, a percentage that could easily be saved by a simple hiring freeze, amounts to “gutting.” But the fake media is not biased, oh, no. Perish the thought.
- Fake reporter Jeremy Diamond ran a report at CNN with this headline: “Trump Moves Agenda Forward Even As Russia Controversy Swirls.” Mr. Diamond is obviously astonished that the President is not hunkered down in a corner sucking his thumb as the fake media continues to focus on a fake “controversy” about which a) no one, not one single person has presented a single piece of evidence of the “controversy’s” existence, and b) every former Obama official who has testified before congress admits they have seen no evidence of the “controversy’s” existence. But because the fake media insists on reporting all Russia, all the time, the fake reporters at CNN expect the President to stop all work. Folks, it really has come to the point that, if you spend a moment watching CNN, you are committing an unpatriotic act. Seriously.
Just another week in Trump Derangement Syndrome America.
That is all.
- This makes them different from the Democrats….how, again?: With the Democrats threatening to shut down the federal government over the pending expiration of the current continuing resolution (CR), Republican “leaders” in both the House and Senate have already conceded that they will continue to fund Planned Parenthood and Obamacare, and will deny President Trump’s request for funding for the border wall. I’m sorry, but didn’t we just have an election about every one of those funding priorities last November, and didn’t the voters indicate they prefer to reverse all three of those decisions by the pathetic GOP congressional leadership? What am I missing here?
- Let’s just rename it The Federal Bureau of Non-Disclosure.: You would have had to search long and hard to find it due to the mainstream fake media blackout on anything not harmful to President Trump, but the Weekly Standard reports that House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes pointed out yet again that the FBI is still stonewalling his Committee’s requests for information related to its investigation of the Democrats’ Trump/Russia fantasy. In response to Nunes’s statement, the FBI sent a spokesman out to say “We’re cooperating”, and then presumably went back to stonewalling the Committee.
- But was her son, Scut, involved? What about his toady, Grover Dill?: Speaking of stories you can’t find, a former Obama official named Evelyn Farkas told Mika Brzezenzski (or however you spell that name) on MSNBC early in March that she and many other Obama officials had indeed participated in an organized effort to circulate raw surveillance intelligence involving members of the Trump Transition Team, and had gladly shared the intel with members of the fake news media, unmasking some American citizens in the process. She told this all to MSNBC gladly, and in a manner that made it obvious she is in fact proud of her actions. She apparently did not understand that, in the process of that interview, she was potentially admitting to the commission of multiple felonies by herself, other Obama officials and members of the fake news media. Thus, the fake news media has been jointly sitting on this story hoping it would just fade away. Trouble is, the story has been getting a ton of attention in the realm of talk radio this week, so suddenly Ms. Farkas felt the need to go back on cable TV on Thursday to deny everything she had told Mika. And her friends in the fake news media will nod their heads and move on. Nothing to see here, all is well.
- Editor: you really think the public will buy that cock and bull story? Reporter: Well, sure, er, the Democrats will, at least.: Rather than report on the admissions of Ms. Farkas, the fake (literally fake, since it is no longer in print) magazine Newsweek ran with a “blockbuster” story about how our suddenly intrepid (now that he’s bashing a Republican) bi-polar FBI Director James Comey really, truly, no kidding was begging to run to the NY Times late last summer with an op-ed in which he would reveal the Russian efforts to “rig” the elections. And guess who stopped him? Why, our hero, Barack Obama, of course! Also of course, this Newsweek “blockbuster” is based solely on the word of not one, but two (!) source…who naturally remain unidentified. *sigh* #Fakenews at its finest.
- A story you can easily find this morning is the Wall Street Journal’s report that General Mike Flynn has offered to testify before the Senate Intelligence Committee in exchange for immunity. Upon hearing of this offer by Gen. Flynn, talking heads all over the fake news media exploded, and immediately jumped to the conclusion they have jumped to 1,000 times before over the last 21 months, which is that “this is finally it” for President Trump. Trouble is, if you read the whole WSJ story, you find this statement from Gen. Flynn’s lawer:Mr. Kelner, Mr. Flynn’s attorney, decried the “unfounded allegations, outrageous claims of treason” and other charges by lawmakers and media commentators.“No reasonable person, who has the benefit of advice from counsel, would submit to questioning in such a highly politicized, witch-hunt environment without assurances against unfair prosecution,” he said.That doesn’t sound much like someone who’s getting read to toss the POTUS under the bus. It sounds a lot like someone who saw the shameful travesty that happened with Scooter Libby during the last Republican presidential administration, and who wants to avoid the same fate.
But hey, it’s all Trump Derangement Syndrome, all the time in the fake news media.
That is all.
- Great idea – where do we go to pitch in?: Don’t look now (ok, go ahead and look), but Nigel Farage and Aaron Banks, who led the whole “Brexit” effort to a successful conclusion, have now turned their attention to support for the “Calexit” effort. Well, except that it’s not really the “Calexit” effort we’ve been hearing about – you know, the one that would blessedly remove the entire state of California from the United States of America. No, the effort for which Farage and Banks have successfully raised about a million bucks is a plan that would split the Golden State down the middle from north to south, leaving an inevitably Democrat-dominated state on the coast, and an inland state in which Republicans would most likely dominate. While not as pleasing as the real “Calexit”, the Farage/Banks plan (CalSplitzit?) would have the happy effect of diluting California’s impact in presidential politics, and likely add two more Republicans to the Senate. However, the one big drawback is that the CalSplitzit plan would relegate Napa Valley and its fabulous wines to the tyranny of the Marxist state into which West California would inevitably devolve. Still, any outcome that dilutes the influence of West coast lefties is a good plan for America. Sign me up!
- Hey, ABC keeps out-faking us – whadda we gonna do?: Management at NBC/MSNBC obviously became worried their news was just not fake enough last week, so they decided to hire former Obama White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest as a new political contributor. Thus Mr. Earnest follows in the #FakeNews footsteps of George Stephanopoulous, who pretends to be a news anchor on rival ABC. Who can doubt that Mr. Earnest will be pretending to host his own fake news program in the very near future?
- The Dumbest Thing You Will Read This Week. Promise.: Speaking of fake journalists, fake reporter Norm Ornstein has a new piece in The Atlantic in which he proposes that all these allegations – for which we still have yet to see a single, solitary bit of real evidence – that the Russians and Trump campaign coordinated during the past election mean that we simply must change the rules for presidential succession. This piece is so breathtakingly devoid of solid reasoning or journalistic ethics that it simply must be read to be believed, so follow the link above if you dare.
- Can highway funds be far behind?: Attorney General Jeff Sessions announced on Monday that sanctuary cities will soon be cut off from receiving any and all of their current funding from the Justice Department. This is what is commonly known as “a good start.”
- If you have another explanation, please let me know.: The New York Post reported over the weekend that Hillary Clinton’s long-time companion Huma Abedin is supposedly going to give her pervert husband, Anthony Weiner, another chance to make their “marriage” work. Weiner is currently under investigation for having inappropriate relations with a minor, among many other things, and Huma reportedly remains in potential legal jeopardy due to her long association with The Most Corrupt Woman in America. In case you haven’t figured it out already, the obvious reason for these two habitual offenders to remain married is so that they can preserve the right to claim “spousal immunity” in each other’s eventual prosecutions. Not exactly brain surgery.
- She blames the Russians.: In other news, a woman was arrested for the second time since Election Day for attempting to jump the fence at the White House. Can somebody please get Hillary Clinton under control?
Just another day in CalSplitzit America.
That is all.