- Tired of winning yet? Part I.: Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) reported on Thursday that its recent sweeps have resulted in the rounding up of more than 1,300 members of Mexican drug and human trafficking gangs. The main talking point the Democrats and fake reporters in the fake news media were able to agree on was to focus on the fact that more than 800 of those arrested were U.S. citizens, as if anyone with functioning synapses in their cranial cavities gives a flying rat’s ass.
- Tired of winning yet? Part II.: The Labor Department reports that new unemployment claims for the most recent reporting period fell to their lowest level since 1988. 1988, of course, was the last time we had a President of the United States who was not an integral part of the Washington, D.C. establishment. Coincidence?
- But the current President is getting bad, bad advice, and needs to shake up his communications team.: During an interview with the sitting President of the United States on Thursday, NBC fake news anchor Lester Holt – the man with the highest forehead on the face of God’s green earth – chose to rudely interrupt Mr. Trump and repeat questions constantly in what was one of the most disrespectful interviews of any president in history. Unfortunately, President Trump chose to sit calmly through the badgering without pushing back, something he certainly would not have done during the campaign. This is an indication that he is taking advice from his establishment communications advisers, who are no doubt telling him that if he just plays nice with these fake journalists, they will eventually start playing nicer with him.
- This is exactly the wrong advice for this particular President to accept.: Donald Trump was elected largely because he refused to play nice with the fake news media, who have treated him as a political freak since the day he announced his candidacy. He was elected because he was singularly unafraid of the fake news media, and he gave bombastic press conferences like the one he gave so well back in February. That is the model of press engagement he should be following, not this model of trying to have calm, sit-down interviews with the preening, self-absorbed jack-asses who fake the nightly news.
- But the people he has around him are all scared to death of the fake news media.: They are all telling the President that if he doesn’t play nice with the Lester Holts of the world, why, he will get negative press. And that tells you that they simply have no clue why Mr. Trump won the election in the first place, which was largely because he gets nothing but negative press. Unfortunately, Mr. Trump is now making the same mistakes in this regard that every Republican president in modern times – with the exception of Ronald Reagan at times – has made, accepting advice from communications advisers that is designed to work for Democrats, not Republicans. It’s the only model these advisers know to teach, and it never works for Republican politicians.
- President Trump desperately needs to fire most of his communications team, or move them into other jobs, and bring in new people who understand him personally.: He needs to bring in people like Laura Ingraham, or Kimberly Guilfoyle of Fox News, both of whom have been rumored as potential senior communications advisers in the past, and both of whom clearly understand him as a person and as a political figure, and who would be loyal to the President. A big shake-up needs to happen, and it needs to happen soon.
- Here’s what he needed to do with Lester Holt yesterday.: About the third time Holt interrupted him, he should have simply told Holt that he could either quit interrupting and show proper respect for the office he holds, or the interview would be terminated. And then the next time Holt interrupted, he should have simply ended the interview. Why? Because instinctively, that’s what Donald Trump would do. And Donald Trump, not these pathetic advisers, is who the American people elected to serve as President. This is not rocket science.
Just another day in Fake News Media America.
That is all.