I really enjoyed doing this panel discussion on the impacts on energy policy from President Trump’s first 100 days with Jacki Pick and Dr. Lawrence Fedewa.
The grades are in and our panel is ready. Join us as Jacki Pick, David Blackmon & Dr. Lawrence Fedewa discuss President Trump’s first 100 days in office.
Listen to the Podcast Here
President Donald Trump’s 100th day in office is this Saturday, and the debate is raging about what he has or has not accomplished during that short period of time, which in the past has traditionally been a sort of “honeymoon” period for new presidential administrations. It’s highly debatable whether or not this particular President received any sort of honeymoon at all, since such periods in the past have involved semi-favorable coverage from the press and a good deal of cooperation from congress, but that’s another subject for another writer.
My mission here at Forbes.com is to talk about public policy related to energy in general, and oil and natural gas in particular. Focusing strictly on that area of policy, it seems to me that , which, since I’m pretty old, goes back to Dwight D. Eisenhower.
Shortly after he took office in 2009, former President Barack Obama famously told the Republican congressional leaders, “Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, I won.” Those words are as true today as they were then, and those who deal with public policy matters in the oil and gas industry are finding out that the 2016 election mattered in a really big way. You might even say it was “Yuge”.
Read the Rest Here
- Fake Indian Senator heap big angry at former Big Chief taking wampum from forked tongue Wall Street guys.: Elizabeth Warren, the fake Indian Senator from Massachusetts, is upset with Barack Obama, because he cashed in with a $400,000 speaker’s fee paid for by a Wall Street firm. The Fake Ms. Warren, of course, greedily takes hundreds of thousands of dollars from Wall Street interests into her campaign funds, and earns hundreds of thousands of dollars each year as a “professor” at Harvard, in a chair named for a deceased powerful Wall Street lawyer. In a political party built on fakery, “Faucahontas” may well be the fakest of them all.
- We here at the Alt-Left love Maxine Waters, even if she is a rambling, incoherent simpleton.: This is fun. The link takes you to a video of Maxine Waters, who has forgotten how to pronounce “North Korea.”
- We here at the Alt-Left also love Nancy Pelosi, who often makes Maxine Waters look like a pure genius by comparison.: In the interests of equal time, the Democrat minority leader also often appears to be losing it.
- Why the whole “Russia hacked the election” thing has disappeared from the headlines.: The evil minions at Facebook issued a report yesterday on the supposed “impacts” of “fake news” reports carried on that platform during the 2016 election campaign. The report’s conclusion is that such reports constituted less than 1/10th of 1 percent of the overall political discourse at Facebook, a tiny percentage that had no impact at all on voter decision-making. Very predictably, the fake news media is making no mention of that conclusion. Doesn’t fit the Democrat narrative, after all.
- News you won’t see in the fake news media.: A new poll from YouGov indicates that just 35% of Americans believe the fake news media exercises its guaranteed press freedoms responsibly. Those are the Democrats who responded to the poll.
- Let’s just hope he’s not Taco Loco.: The Dallas Cowboys took a kid named Taco in the first round of the NFL draft, a defensive end out of Michigan. This really has nothing to do with the Campaign that Never Ends – I just wanted to use the line that I sure do hope this Taco is Bueno. Taco Bueno – get it?
- So unabashedly fake they’ve become a parody of themselves.: Ok, lessee here…Trump’s tax cuts eliminate the income tax entirely for couples making $24,000; they cut the rate for the next $26,000 by 33%; they cut the rate of tax on the middle class by 40%; and they cut the rate on the upper class by 11%. Fake media strategy? Scream that IT’S A TAX CUT FOR THE RICH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Hey, rumbling tummies are a trigger point at Yale.: A group of Yale graduate students went on a “hunger strike” in hopes of convincing the University that the $40 grand in annual free tuition and $30 grand annual stipend for health benefits and living expenses they currently receive just is not enough for their expensive tastes. When it was revealed that the “hunger” part of the strike is actually optional, and that these snowflakes can actually go get food whenever they want to, the students were roundly and appropriately savaged on social media. I swear I don’t make this stuff up.
Just another day in America, where even the hunger strikes are fake.
That is all.
- Bill Nye, the fake “Science Guy” who has become a leading light of the ClimateFraud movement, is now branching out into other areas of social nitwittery. During a panel discussion earlier this week, he asked, “Should we have policies that penalize people for having extra kids in the developed world?” Perhaps Mr. Nye should change his nickname to “Bill Nye The Eugenics Guy.”
- Hey, you know all those shows about people building, buying and living in Tiny Houses? Yeah, they’re racist. Or something. Some writer named July (she was probably born in February but her parents couldn’t spell it) Westhale, writing at some obscure website called The Establishment, complains that this trend of prosperous people choosing to live in small houses amounts to something she calls “poverty appropriation.” No really, I swear I don’t make this stuff up. Here’s the link. You can read the whole thing if you want to, but doing so is likely to lower your IQ by about 10 points.
- Conservative writer Ann Coulter cancelled her planned speech at Berkeley University, citing looming threats of rioting and violence from an array of “progressive”, i.e. fascist, groups. Amazingly, the ACLU, which has managed to remain silent throughout the last six months as these fascist, anti-free speech groups have wrought havoc across the nation, finally somehow managed to summon the fortitude to issue the following Tweet: “The heckler’s veto of Coulter’s Berkeley speech is a loss for the 1st Amendment. We must protect speech on campus, even when hateful.” Boy, that’s some really bold talk from our country’s self-proclaimed protector of the First Amendment, huh? They must’ve really been riled up to Tweet like that. Hopefully, they’ve gotten themselves back under control this morning. Whew.
- Former Vice President Joe Biden received a standing ovation when he attended a Washington Wizards basketball game on Wednesday night. He actually thought he was at the Washington Nationals game, and kept asking his friends when did they start playing baseball in shorts? Ok, I don’t know if he did that, but be honest: you wouldn’t be surprise if he did, now, would you?
- But hey, the UN makes Bill Nye look like almost a serious person.: The United Nations warned President Trump in early February that repealing Obamacare would “put the U.S. at odds with its international obligations.” Just another reason to leave the UN.
- Wait. Is there a problem here? Because I don’t see it.: President Trump’s tax plan was introduced on Wednesday, and it predictably created a firestorm among defenders of traditional high-tax, Democrat states. Why? Because the plan would eliminate all personal deductions other than mortgage interest and charitable contributions. Which means that state income and sales taxes would no longer be deductible. Which means that the plan would penalize residents who live in socialist enclaves like New York, California, New Jersey and Washington. Which seems to me to be the very essence of just desserts.
- This is CNN.: President Trump held a briefing for all 100 members of the U.S. Senate regarding the situation with North Korea, which his military chiefs characterized as “very grave.” The only aspect of the meeting that CNN and the fake media wanted to talk about was why the meeting was held in the White House offices instead of on Capitol Hill. Likewise, after the President’s tax reform proposal was introduced, all the fake media wanted to talk about was the President’s tax returns. #Fakenews is their life.
- How long before the Nobel Committee gives in to the Clinton pressure?: The well-coordinated effort between the Clinton machine and the fake news media to convince you that Chelsea Clinton really, truly is a serious person who you should make your president someday continued to escalate, as the achievement-devoid, dimwitted daughter of The Most Corrupt Woman in America was given yet another award for doing pretty much nothing of note. This time it was something called the “City Harvest Award For Commitment to Fighting Hunger” in New York City. Why did this award go to Chelsea? Well, it turns out that she once spent half a day loading grapefruit into boxes so they could be distributed to New York’s poor residents. Now, we should never belittle any efforts to help the poor, but this is such an insult to those who volunteer so much of their time to assist operations like The Vineyard in my old hometown of Beeville, or volunteer every week at the United Way, the Salvation Army or Goodwill distribution centers in cities across the country, and seldom if ever receive any recognition for doing so. Please, Democrats, make the Clintons, especially their dimwitted daughter, slink off into the ash bin of history where they belong. You have better people to waste your votes on, don’t you?
Just another day in Everything is Fake, especially Chelsea Clinton, America.
That is all.
- Because hate is what they do.: First Daughter Ivanka Trump decided for some reason to go to Germany to hang out with Chancellor Angela Merkel and some of her other open-borders, globalist pals. Ivanka seemed surprised when she was booed by the audience as she defended her father during a panel discussion. Hopefully, this will be a teaching moment for her – you can be as nice as you want to these people, but they will still hate you anyway.
- It was a bad day for First Daughters everywhere.: Meanwhile, Chelsea Clinton received her amazingly undeserved “lifetime achievement” from Vanity Fair, and even the starlet from Saturday Night Live who was serving as the emcee of the event couldn’t figure out why she was getting it. Clue to Chelsea: When your name is Clinton, and even the lunatic lefties at SNL are mocking you, you might have been better off demurring on the whole “lifetime achievement” thing until you had actually achieved something.
- Two hundred grand? How much money do these judges make?: A federal judge who contributed more than $200,000 to Barack Obama’s presidential campaigns temporarily blocked the Trump Administration’s effort to deny Justice Department funds to sanctuary cities. The judge’s order is predictably not based on any constitutional reasoning whatsoever, but rather on the judge’s feelings that the denial of these funds will cause those cities “irreparable harm.” No word on how the judge feels about the irreparable harm cause to the families of thousands of victims who are murdered or raped every year by illegal immigrants in this country. The Administration said it would appeal what it correctly calls an “egregious overreach”, and said correctly that “the blood of dead Americans” is on the hands of the judge and the Democrats who run the cities in question.
- Maybe Politico should’ve hired me the write the piece – at least it would have been shorter.: Some fake reporter named Alex Cantoni wrote a thousand-word piece at Politico in an attempt to explain why it is that Democrats have suddenly begun cussing in unison in their speeches and other public appearances. He literally twists himself up like a Hanover pretzel in coming up with rationalizations to explain the phenomenon while never landing on the truth. The real answer, of course, is that the Democrats have obtained polling and focus group data that indicates they will gain votes by cussing publicly. This is always the overriding reason why Democrats do anything publicly, because their entire political strategy is focused on the acquisition and maintenance of political power, which is always the motivating force behind totalitarians anywhere. It really is that simple.
- Welcome to Nordstrom, where everything is fake, even the dirt.: Nordstrom, which banned Ivanka Trump’s clothing line in January, is now trying to attract millenials by offering them more authentic clothing that truly fits their mindset and lifestyle. The retailer is now stocking its shelves with jeans and matching jacket that are not only pre-faded, but are also covered with fake, synthetic mud. That will allow millenials who a) hold a worthless degree in Russian women’s studies, b) have $100 grand in student loan debt, c) are living in their mom’s basement, and d) spend most of their days hanging out at Starbucks to at least look as if they do some work occasionally. The jeans will set you back $450 a pair, but the jacket is a bargain at only $400. And hey, Gamma will “lend” you the money.
- Meanwhile, O’Reilly’s doing podcasts.: Leftwingers everywhere have been crowing about Bill O’Reilly’s getting canned at Fox News, gleefully predicting that the exit of the guy who has had the top-rated show on cable TV for 15 years would destroy the network. But then the ratings for the first night of Fox’s new lineup came in, and showed they were up 31%, and all the crowing stopped. Funny how that works.
- Because the 5th “Indiana Jones” film just wasn’t quite awful enough.: Disney announced that Steven Spielberg and Harrison Ford have agreed to produce a sixth “Indiana Jones” film, which is tentatively scheduled to premier in theaters on July 10, 2020, three days after Ford turns 78 if he lasts that long. No word if the plot will involve some combination of Metamucil, colonoscopies and Dentu-cream, but it should.
Just another day in Fake Everything America.
That is all.
Photo credit: NYmag.com
- I have to admit that this whole fake media construct about how Donald Trump should have been able to keep every campaign promise he made during his first 100 days in office is incredibly annoying to me. Even Brett Baeir at Fox News put up a graphic on his newscast last night purporting to show that the President has “only” followed through on a third of about 55 promises made during his campaign.
- This fake media fetish flies in the face of the reality that Donald Trump, if he never accomplishes another thing during his first term, has already become an amazingly impactful President, and the impacts will be felt for decades to come. Here’s just a partial list of what he has already achieved – with virtually no help from his GOP congressional colleagues – during his first 96 days in office:
- The nomination and confirmation of Neil Gorsuch to the Supreme Court would on its own render Trump’s first term a successful one. Think about it this way: For as along as Gorsuch serves on the Court – which could be 30 years or more – every 5-4 decision rendered in the favor of the Constitution will be the direct result of Donald Trump’s defeat of The Most Corrupt Woman in America last November. This more than anything else will be Trump’s enduring legacy to the nation.
- He’s put the disgusting, semi-human scum who infest the United Nations Security Council on notice that the United States will no longer be a lapdog for their mistreatment of Israel and other U.S. allies. A huge change in direction from the previous 8 years.
- He’s put our NATO allies on notice that the United States expects them all to begin paying their fair share of the costs of that organization, and several of those countries have already lined up to start paying the piper. Yuge.
- He’s put Syria and its Russian benefactors on notice that the United States will no longer stand limp-wristed by as they commit war crimes on the Syrian population.
- He’s put the fake Climate Change subsidy industry on notice that the subsidy gravy train is about to start running dry, and the international Climate Fraud community that the U.S. is no longer going to engage in the massive redistribution of wealth that is at the very heart of the Paris Climate Accords.
- He’s put the crazy little fat guy in Pyong Yang on notice that the U.S. is no longer going to stand by limp-wristed as he pops off missiles into the Sea of Japan and threatens our cities with nuclear annihilation.
- His policy of actually enforcing U.S. immigration laws has already reduced the flow of illegal immigrants across our southern border by more than 70%.
- His pro-business policy actions have already lowered new unemployment claims to a 17 year low.
- His reversals of Obama-era regulations have already saved the U.S. economy over $80 billion.
- Where energy policy is concerned, he has in a few short months completely altered the nation’s course from one of short supply, increasing imports, and heavier and heavier regulations designed to kill domestic industries, to one of abundance, less reliance on foreign providers, and massive new investments in jobs and infrastructure. I know I’m a wonk about energy, folks, but energy – how we source it, how we produce it, how we distribute it and how much it costs us as a society, is one of the very most crucial issues we face as a country.
- All of those things and many, many more have already been accomplished with very little help and much obstruction from congress, with a “deep state” consisting of Obama holdovers in our intel agencies, state department and EPA doing everything they can to obstruct his efforts, with a fake news media mis-reporting on pretty much every aspect of it, and with an FBI slow-playing background checks for his proposed appointees, which is still forcing the Administration to operate on a skeleton crew. It’s all been done through the sheer force of his own will.
- Bottom line: This has already been an amazingly impactful presidency. Which of course explains why the fake journalists in the fake news media are so anxious for you all to believe otherwise.
Just the first 100 days in Trump Derangement Syndrome, fake news media America.
That is all.
- She hasn’t heard that thing about glass houses.: GOP Senator Joni Ernst told an audience on Wednesday that President Trump’s frequent trips to his Mar-a-Lago residence in Florida bother not only her, but other members of the Republican caucus. “I do wish he would spend more time in Washington, D.C. That’s what we have the White House for.” It should be noted that Sen. Ernst said this as she and her fellow members of the do-nothing congress are in the midst of the least-deserved 2-week vacation in American history, and also in the midst of a month in which congress is only in session for 8 days. But hey, they’re working 12 days in May, so that makes it all better. One would think that, as a colonel in the U.S. Army, Ms. Ernst would possess a keener sense of self-awareness.
- The other 11% was Fox News.: The Media Research Center published a report showing that 89% of the fake news media coverage of President Trump thus far has been negative in nature. Frankly, I’m surprised it is that low.
- Speaking of media coverage, you won’t be getting it from Bill O’Reilly anymore. Mr. O’Reilly was jettisoned by Fox News on Wednesday due to an array of sexual harassment allegations against him. Mr. O’Reilly denies the charges, and claims that he has chosen to pay out more than $13 million in settlements of similar claims in the past simply to buy peace. Whatever. If he is innocent, then shame on Fox News. If he’s guilty then shame on him, and good riddance. And for the rest of us, men and women alike, if you still haven’t figured in the year 2017 that that kind of boorish behavior has no place in your work place, then you need to be gone as well. It really is that simple.
- She should be placed on the Endangered Species List.: Noted feminist writer Camile Paglia, one of the few honest left-wing leaders in the world today, told an audience at a NYTimes-sponsored panel discussion that President Trump is on his way to being re-elected already, and that “the Democrats have overplayed their hand.” Interestingly, she repeatedly referred to the Democrat Party and the fake news media as a single, unified entity in her remarks, which are linked here. Like I said, she’s honest.
- They just can’t help themselves. Faking the news is in their genes.: Speaking of the fake NYTimes, its fake editors chose to fake up a photo comparison between the New England Patriots’ attendance at a 2015 celebratory meeting with then-President Obama and yesterday’s attendance by the team and staff with President Trump. They did this only because 2017 photo appeared to show much smaller attendance. But the Patriot organization itself corrected the error, tweeting that “These photos lack context. Facts: In 2015, over 40 football staff were on the stairs. In 2017, they were seated on the South Lawn.” Those seated on the South Lawn do not show up in the 2017 photo. #Fakenews, defined, by the fake newspaper of record.
- If you like your #fakenews early, tune in to CBS.: But the NY Times is far, far from the only reliable source of unreliable, fake news. Heat Street reveals that CBS Morning News fake host Gayle King, who gave Barack Obama a stream of softball interviews over the last 8 years, has spent recent days vacationing with the Obamas in French Polynesia. FYI, it will be a cold day in hell when Gayle King is caught vacationing with anyone named Trump.
Just another day in Fake News Media America.
That is all.
- Say it ain’t so, Joe!: Your author is officially in mourning this morning, because the CalExit movement is dead. Yes, friends, the noble effort to free our country from the state that sends an unending stream of nitwits to infest the U.S. Congress is no more. The plug was pulled by organizers on Monday because it was revealed that the founder of the movement, some guy named Louis Marinelli, actually lives in…wait for it…RUSSIA!!!!! I swear I don’t make this stuff up. If I could make stuff like this up, I would be a fabulously wealthy novelist.
- A mind is a terrible thing to lose.: Speaking of nitwit members of congress from the Golden State, California congresswoman Maxine Waters told a fake interviewer with MSNBC that she had never called for the impeachment of President Donald Trump. That statement came just a day after she had promised an audience during a speech that she will do everything she can to impeach the President, and just moments after she had issued a Tweet that said “The President is a liar, his actions are contemptible, & I’m going to fight everyday until he’s impeached.” Again, I swear I don’t make this stuff up.
- I mean, like, it paid for my million dollar wedding, so it’s like, totally awesome.: Chelsea Clinton, the dimwitted daughter of The Most Corrupt Woman in America, told an interviewer that people “just don’t understand” how fabulous the Clinton Foundation really is. She also said she is “definitely not interested” in running for political office, so she’s got that traditional Clinton bald-faced lying tactic down to a T.
- This either does or doesn’t explain a lot.: Netflix announced that, from 2015 through early this year, its users had spent more than 500 million hours streaming films starring Adam Sandler. Every political observer from all corners of the ideological spectrum believes this explains what is wrong with those on the other side.
- Yes, it’s a side benefit of mass starvation.: A British former Olympian and candidate for Parliament told an interviewer that regardless of what else one thinks about North Korea, they really have got a “handle” on that whole obesity thing. He later apologized on Twitter.
- Can’t wait to see what Maxine Waters does with this one.: Don’t look now, but the Democrat Party has obviously obtained polling data that indicates they can gain votes from Millenials by cussing. And so we are now treated to the spectacle of Democrat members of congress and party leaders going around the country cussing at their audiences. Yesterday, Democrat National Committee Chairman Tom Perez told his audience that “Republicans don’t give a sh*t about people,” and “[Republicans] call it a skinny budget, I call it a sh*tty budget.” God help us if the Democrats ever obtain polling data that says they can attract pervert voters by campaigning in the nude. Nobody needs to see Chuck Schumer implementing that particular tactic.
Just another day in Democrat ****ing America.
That is all.
- The Obama legacy in action.: Multiple videos have emerged on social websites that show Berkeley cops standing around doing nothing as violent clashes broke out over the weekend between Trump supporters and radical leftwing agitators on the Cal Berkeley campus. In one, a policeman who is asked why he and his partner aren’t doing anything answers that he was told by his boss to stand down. Makes sense. After all, why would Democrats want to interfere with a riot funded by the same people who funded their last election campaign?
- Nate Silver will give him a 95% chance of winning after he loses.: So, there’s a special election in Georgia today to see who will fill the seat congressional seat vacated by Health and Human Resources Secretary Tom Price. Democrats are all excited because the single D in the race has seen support as high as 40% in the public opinion polls taken in the race. Meanwhile, the other 60% is being split between the dozen GOP candidates in what has been a traditionally Republican district. Naturally, the fake news media is pretending that the Democrat is going to “win”. He isn’t. He’s going to get about 40% of the vote – probably less, if the normal bias in the polls materializes here – and then have to face the highest Republican vote-getter in a runoff election in June, an election the Republican candidate will easily win. The news frenzy you’ve seen surrounding this race is #fakenews, defined.
- Polls show nobody cares. CNN suddenly doesn’t care about polls.: While the North Korea situation was coming to a boiling point, a key special election was taking place in Georgia, and with all manner of other huge issues facing the country and the world, the fake journalists at CNN spent the entire day wondering why President Trump doesn’t release his tax returns. Nobody cares about this issue, which helps to explain why nobody watches CNN anymore.
- The Crazy Little Fat Prince of Futile Gestures.: The crazy little fat guy who runs North Korea promised to hold a “weekly missile launch” in defiance of President Trump and the United States. The United States was mum on whether it would hold a “weekly missile cyber-crash” in response.
- They would have identified Charles Manson as a “charsimatic leader and a philosopher.”: The fake editors at the NY Times opened their fake newspaper’s fake editorial page up to a real radical Islamic terrorist, Marwan Barghouti. Barghouti is serving five consecutive life sentences in Israeli prison for mass murder. The editors of the fake newspaper of record chose to identify him only as “a Palestinian leader and a parliamentarian.” #Fakenews, defined.
- Racists and feminists everywhere are confused.: The web-based publication Everyday Feminism published a piece by someone named Emily Zak, who contends that going to national parks is a ‘racist’ activity, and that everyone should cut it out. I swear I don’t make this stuff up. Here’s the link: Outdoor Recreation Isn’t Free – Why We Need to Stop Pretending It Is.
- It’s always uncomfortable when progressives are caught expressing their true feelings.: A meeting of Maine Democrats was caught on video cheering and laughing when their speaker mentions the fact that suicide among white men in America is on the rise in recent years. I swear I don’t make this stuff up. Here’s the link: Are You A White Man? Is It Funny When You Die?
Just another day in fake news media America.
That is all.