- I have to admit that this whole fake media construct about how Donald Trump should have been able to keep every campaign promise he made during his first 100 days in office is incredibly annoying to me. Even Brett Baeir at Fox News put up a graphic on his newscast last night purporting to show that the President has “only” followed through on a third of about 55 promises made during his campaign.
- This fake media fetish flies in the face of the reality that Donald Trump, if he never accomplishes another thing during his first term, has already become an amazingly impactful President, and the impacts will be felt for decades to come. Here’s just a partial list of what he has already achieved – with virtually no help from his GOP congressional colleagues – during his first 96 days in office:
- The nomination and confirmation of Neil Gorsuch to the Supreme Court would on its own render Trump’s first term a successful one. Think about it this way: For as along as Gorsuch serves on the Court – which could be 30 years or more – every 5-4 decision rendered in the favor of the Constitution will be the direct result of Donald Trump’s defeat of The Most Corrupt Woman in America last November. This more than anything else will be Trump’s enduring legacy to the nation.
- He’s put the disgusting, semi-human scum who infest the United Nations Security Council on notice that the United States will no longer be a lapdog for their mistreatment of Israel and other U.S. allies. A huge change in direction from the previous 8 years.
- He’s put our NATO allies on notice that the United States expects them all to begin paying their fair share of the costs of that organization, and several of those countries have already lined up to start paying the piper. Yuge.
- He’s put Syria and its Russian benefactors on notice that the United States will no longer stand limp-wristed by as they commit war crimes on the Syrian population.
- He’s put the fake Climate Change subsidy industry on notice that the subsidy gravy train is about to start running dry, and the international Climate Fraud community that the U.S. is no longer going to engage in the massive redistribution of wealth that is at the very heart of the Paris Climate Accords.
- He’s put the crazy little fat guy in Pyong Yang on notice that the U.S. is no longer going to stand by limp-wristed as he pops off missiles into the Sea of Japan and threatens our cities with nuclear annihilation.
- His policy of actually enforcing U.S. immigration laws has already reduced the flow of illegal immigrants across our southern border by more than 70%.
- His pro-business policy actions have already lowered new unemployment claims to a 17 year low.
- His reversals of Obama-era regulations have already saved the U.S. economy over $80 billion.
- Where energy policy is concerned, he has in a few short months completely altered the nation’s course from one of short supply, increasing imports, and heavier and heavier regulations designed to kill domestic industries, to one of abundance, less reliance on foreign providers, and massive new investments in jobs and infrastructure. I know I’m a wonk about energy, folks, but energy – how we source it, how we produce it, how we distribute it and how much it costs us as a society, is one of the very most crucial issues we face as a country.
- All of those things and many, many more have already been accomplished with very little help and much obstruction from congress, with a “deep state” consisting of Obama holdovers in our intel agencies, state department and EPA doing everything they can to obstruct his efforts, with a fake news media mis-reporting on pretty much every aspect of it, and with an FBI slow-playing background checks for his proposed appointees, which is still forcing the Administration to operate on a skeleton crew. It’s all been done through the sheer force of his own will.
- Bottom line: This has already been an amazingly impactful presidency. Which of course explains why the fake journalists in the fake news media are so anxious for you all to believe otherwise.
Just the first 100 days in Trump Derangement Syndrome, fake news media America.
That is all.
- She hasn’t heard that thing about glass houses.: GOP Senator Joni Ernst told an audience on Wednesday that President Trump’s frequent trips to his Mar-a-Lago residence in Florida bother not only her, but other members of the Republican caucus. “I do wish he would spend more time in Washington, D.C. That’s what we have the White House for.” It should be noted that Sen. Ernst said this as she and her fellow members of the do-nothing congress are in the midst of the least-deserved 2-week vacation in American history, and also in the midst of a month in which congress is only in session for 8 days. But hey, they’re working 12 days in May, so that makes it all better. One would think that, as a colonel in the U.S. Army, Ms. Ernst would possess a keener sense of self-awareness.
- The other 11% was Fox News.: The Media Research Center published a report showing that 89% of the fake news media coverage of President Trump thus far has been negative in nature. Frankly, I’m surprised it is that low.
- Speaking of media coverage, you won’t be getting it from Bill O’Reilly anymore. Mr. O’Reilly was jettisoned by Fox News on Wednesday due to an array of sexual harassment allegations against him. Mr. O’Reilly denies the charges, and claims that he has chosen to pay out more than $13 million in settlements of similar claims in the past simply to buy peace. Whatever. If he is innocent, then shame on Fox News. If he’s guilty then shame on him, and good riddance. And for the rest of us, men and women alike, if you still haven’t figured in the year 2017 that that kind of boorish behavior has no place in your work place, then you need to be gone as well. It really is that simple.
- She should be placed on the Endangered Species List.: Noted feminist writer Camile Paglia, one of the few honest left-wing leaders in the world today, told an audience at a NYTimes-sponsored panel discussion that President Trump is on his way to being re-elected already, and that “the Democrats have overplayed their hand.” Interestingly, she repeatedly referred to the Democrat Party and the fake news media as a single, unified entity in her remarks, which are linked here. Like I said, she’s honest.
- They just can’t help themselves. Faking the news is in their genes.: Speaking of the fake NYTimes, its fake editors chose to fake up a photo comparison between the New England Patriots’ attendance at a 2015 celebratory meeting with then-President Obama and yesterday’s attendance by the team and staff with President Trump. They did this only because 2017 photo appeared to show much smaller attendance. But the Patriot organization itself corrected the error, tweeting that “These photos lack context. Facts: In 2015, over 40 football staff were on the stairs. In 2017, they were seated on the South Lawn.” Those seated on the South Lawn do not show up in the 2017 photo. #Fakenews, defined, by the fake newspaper of record.
- If you like your #fakenews early, tune in to CBS.: But the NY Times is far, far from the only reliable source of unreliable, fake news. Heat Street reveals that CBS Morning News fake host Gayle King, who gave Barack Obama a stream of softball interviews over the last 8 years, has spent recent days vacationing with the Obamas in French Polynesia. FYI, it will be a cold day in hell when Gayle King is caught vacationing with anyone named Trump.
Just another day in Fake News Media America.
That is all.
- Say it ain’t so, Joe!: Your author is officially in mourning this morning, because the CalExit movement is dead. Yes, friends, the noble effort to free our country from the state that sends an unending stream of nitwits to infest the U.S. Congress is no more. The plug was pulled by organizers on Monday because it was revealed that the founder of the movement, some guy named Louis Marinelli, actually lives in…wait for it…RUSSIA!!!!! I swear I don’t make this stuff up. If I could make stuff like this up, I would be a fabulously wealthy novelist.
- A mind is a terrible thing to lose.: Speaking of nitwit members of congress from the Golden State, California congresswoman Maxine Waters told a fake interviewer with MSNBC that she had never called for the impeachment of President Donald Trump. That statement came just a day after she had promised an audience during a speech that she will do everything she can to impeach the President, and just moments after she had issued a Tweet that said “The President is a liar, his actions are contemptible, & I’m going to fight everyday until he’s impeached.” Again, I swear I don’t make this stuff up.
- I mean, like, it paid for my million dollar wedding, so it’s like, totally awesome.: Chelsea Clinton, the dimwitted daughter of The Most Corrupt Woman in America, told an interviewer that people “just don’t understand” how fabulous the Clinton Foundation really is. She also said she is “definitely not interested” in running for political office, so she’s got that traditional Clinton bald-faced lying tactic down to a T.
- This either does or doesn’t explain a lot.: Netflix announced that, from 2015 through early this year, its users had spent more than 500 million hours streaming films starring Adam Sandler. Every political observer from all corners of the ideological spectrum believes this explains what is wrong with those on the other side.
- Yes, it’s a side benefit of mass starvation.: A British former Olympian and candidate for Parliament told an interviewer that regardless of what else one thinks about North Korea, they really have got a “handle” on that whole obesity thing. He later apologized on Twitter.
- Can’t wait to see what Maxine Waters does with this one.: Don’t look now, but the Democrat Party has obviously obtained polling data that indicates they can gain votes from Millenials by cussing. And so we are now treated to the spectacle of Democrat members of congress and party leaders going around the country cussing at their audiences. Yesterday, Democrat National Committee Chairman Tom Perez told his audience that “Republicans don’t give a sh*t about people,” and “[Republicans] call it a skinny budget, I call it a sh*tty budget.” God help us if the Democrats ever obtain polling data that says they can attract pervert voters by campaigning in the nude. Nobody needs to see Chuck Schumer implementing that particular tactic.
Just another day in Democrat ****ing America.
That is all.
- The Obama legacy in action.: Multiple videos have emerged on social websites that show Berkeley cops standing around doing nothing as violent clashes broke out over the weekend between Trump supporters and radical leftwing agitators on the Cal Berkeley campus. In one, a policeman who is asked why he and his partner aren’t doing anything answers that he was told by his boss to stand down. Makes sense. After all, why would Democrats want to interfere with a riot funded by the same people who funded their last election campaign?
- Nate Silver will give him a 95% chance of winning after he loses.: So, there’s a special election in Georgia today to see who will fill the seat congressional seat vacated by Health and Human Resources Secretary Tom Price. Democrats are all excited because the single D in the race has seen support as high as 40% in the public opinion polls taken in the race. Meanwhile, the other 60% is being split between the dozen GOP candidates in what has been a traditionally Republican district. Naturally, the fake news media is pretending that the Democrat is going to “win”. He isn’t. He’s going to get about 40% of the vote – probably less, if the normal bias in the polls materializes here – and then have to face the highest Republican vote-getter in a runoff election in June, an election the Republican candidate will easily win. The news frenzy you’ve seen surrounding this race is #fakenews, defined.
- Polls show nobody cares. CNN suddenly doesn’t care about polls.: While the North Korea situation was coming to a boiling point, a key special election was taking place in Georgia, and with all manner of other huge issues facing the country and the world, the fake journalists at CNN spent the entire day wondering why President Trump doesn’t release his tax returns. Nobody cares about this issue, which helps to explain why nobody watches CNN anymore.
- The Crazy Little Fat Prince of Futile Gestures.: The crazy little fat guy who runs North Korea promised to hold a “weekly missile launch” in defiance of President Trump and the United States. The United States was mum on whether it would hold a “weekly missile cyber-crash” in response.
- They would have identified Charles Manson as a “charsimatic leader and a philosopher.”: The fake editors at the NY Times opened their fake newspaper’s fake editorial page up to a real radical Islamic terrorist, Marwan Barghouti. Barghouti is serving five consecutive life sentences in Israeli prison for mass murder. The editors of the fake newspaper of record chose to identify him only as “a Palestinian leader and a parliamentarian.” #Fakenews, defined.
- Racists and feminists everywhere are confused.: The web-based publication Everyday Feminism published a piece by someone named Emily Zak, who contends that going to national parks is a ‘racist’ activity, and that everyone should cut it out. I swear I don’t make this stuff up. Here’s the link: Outdoor Recreation Isn’t Free – Why We Need to Stop Pretending It Is.
- It’s always uncomfortable when progressives are caught expressing their true feelings.: A meeting of Maine Democrats was caught on video cheering and laughing when their speaker mentions the fact that suicide among white men in America is on the rise in recent years. I swear I don’t make this stuff up. Here’s the link: Are You A White Man? Is It Funny When You Die?
Just another day in fake news media America.
That is all.
- Happy Tax Day! Oh, wait, that’s Monday. No, wait, Monday’s a holiday for people in Washington DC for some reason (I don’t care what it is, so don’t tell me), so Tax Day is actually next Tuesday. That gives me three more full days to file my annual 6-month extension of time to file. Cool!
- Liawatha prepping to go on warpath.: Elizabeth Warren, the Fake Indian Senator from Massachusetts, is releasing a book. Aren’t you thrilled? The theme of the book is basically, “Why I didn’t run for president in 2016.” Which means the fake Indian, without any question at all, is going to run for president in 2020. Notably, pre-sales for the book have been dismal, which could be a reflection of her current polling numbers in her home state. Hey, maybe even in Massachusetts, one can only run a very public fraud for so long.
- Who, me? Oh, pshaw.: Meanwhile, UN Ambassador Nikki Haley told an interviewer that she “can’t imagine running for president.” That means she is definitely running for president whenever the chance presents itself, and given the way she’s doing her job at the UN, that would probably not be a bad thing.
- It’s not our job to tell both sides…well, unless we agree with the liar.: ABC’s fake journalist and life-long Clinton sycophant George Stephanopolous, in a panel discussion on Friday, said it is not the fake news media’s job to report both sides of a story, and that it should in fact silence anyone who does not “accept reality.” Interestingly, he was not asked by the moderator why, given his belief, he spent years as the press spokesman for the nation’s first pathologically lying sociopath president. Nor was he asked why he didn’t act to silence Susan Rice when she spent half an hour on his Sunday morning fake news show in September 2012 blaming the assault on the U.S. embassy in Benghazi on an Internet video. Nor was he asked why he didn’t act to silence Barack Obama when he claimed his administration didn’t spy on fake journalists just like him. Nor was he asked why he didn’t act to silence Hillary Clinton when she claimed she didn’t know anything about the illegal email server she used for four years. Funny how these panel discussions work.
- Is this kind of content really why people subscribe to the Financial Times?: Unendingly obnoxious minor celebrity Lena Dunham told an interviewer with the Financial Times that Hillary Clinton’s loss was “heartbreaking” for her. I know, I know, you’re as sick of hearing about Lena Dunham’s bed-wetting over the election outcome as I am. But this blurb just made me think, why in the hell is the Financial Times interviewing Lena Dunham? Seriously.
- Here at Wellesley, the beatings will continue until you love us.: The student newspaper at Wellesley College came right out and admitted the truth about its fascist goals, publishing an op-ed that advocates violence against those who don’t conform to whatever the school’s progressive/fascist majority believes. “[I]f people are given the resources to learn and either continue to speak hate speech or refuse to adapt their beliefs, then hostility may be warranted,” the piece said. Funny, that’s sort of how I feel about anyone who still thinks Hillary Clinton isn’t a pathologically lying scumbag. It’s the progressive/fascist in me coming out, I guess.
Just another Good Friday in Trump Derangement Syndrome America.
That is all.
Illustration Credit: Fireandreamitchell.com
- Airing the UN’s dirty laundry in the light of day. What a concept.: Nikki Haley is turning out to be the iron lady of the Trump Administration in her role as Ambassador to the United Nations. In the wake of President Trump’s decision to bomb a Syrian facility that was allegedly the source of the Sarin gas that was used to murder hundreds of Syrians early in the week, Russia requested an emergency meeting of the UN Security Council, which the U.S. currently chairs. Bolivia, likely acting as a Russian proxy, requested the meeting be held in closed session. Ambassador Haley immediately denied that request, stating “Any country that chooses to defend the atrocities of the Syrian regime will have to do so in full public view, for all the world to hear.”
- Someone get this man a straight jacket!: Meanwhile, over at MSNBC, the certifiable craziness launched into the realm of full-fledged lunacy last night. Lawrence O’Donnell, one of the fake new network’s fake hosts, was appearing with Rachel Maddow, the network’s star fake host. One can only assume that they had to fill the time with one another because no one else wanted to become infected with their communicable insanity. Anyway, during the course of their ranting about the Syria bombing, O’Donnell floated his belief that the use of chemical weapons was in fact orchestrated by none other than…wait for it…wait for it…VLADIMIR PUTIN, so that his great friend, Donald Trump, could then bomb Syria and thus have his public approval ratings in the polls go up. I swear – I SWEAR – I didn’t make that up. You can find the video on YouTube if you don’t believe me.
- Speaking of lunatic leftist conspiracy theories, another of the newest about President Trump – which somewhat amazingly does NOT involve the boogeyman Putin – is that the President, who has a degree from the prestigious Wharton School of Business, has created and run hundreds of businesses and somehow managed to become a billionaire in the process during his life, is “functionally illiterate” and “can barely read.” The sole source of this latest bit nitwitery is a struggling, attention-seeking, former Saturday Night Live cast member named Taran Killam. Here is a link to the story, which ran in the very appropriately-named Internet fake news site “BoingBoing”. That is, of course, the sound the brain of your average progressive lunatic makes as it bounces around in their tiny, thick skull.
- Whew! That was hard! Let’s go on a boondoggle!: Mitch McConnell and his Senate majority finally got a little real work done this week, dumping the anachronistic filibuster for Supreme Court nominees and getting the incredibly qualified Neil Gorsuch confirmed to fill the vacancy on the Court. Having almost broken a sweat in getting that done, the Senate will next take a completely undeserved two week vacation.
- But judge, he kept overheating!: The New York Post reports that a Delaware woman was sentenced to 40 years in prison for putting anti-freeze in her husband’s steroids, killing him in the process. Can there be any doubt that Lawrence O’Donnell is preparing a monologue for his next show in which he blames the woman’s actions on the ongoing conspiracy between Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin?
- This guy watches too much MSNBC.: If you wonder what motivates today’s progressives to maintain their perpetual state of outrage about literally everything, here is a quote from British author Theodore Dalrymple that captures it perfectly: “Outrage is a substitute for religion: It convinces us that our existence has some kind of meaning or significance beyond itself, that is to say beyond the paltry flux of day-to-day existence, especially when that existence is a securely comfortable one. Therefore we go looking for things to be outraged about as anteaters look for ants. Of all emotions, outrage is not only one of the most pleasurable but also one of the most reliable.”
Just another day in Perpetual Outrage America.
That is all.
- Hard starboard! No, make that port! No, starboard! No, wait…: That crashing sound you heard around 2:30 CT Friday was the GOP’s chances of holding both houses of congress in 2018 running upon the shoals of Obamacare. Unlike the Democrats in Congress, Republicans have always had a very hard time goose-stepping in lockstep on any piece of legislation – unless it is simply a repeal bill they know will fail in the senate – and the party’s pitiful congressional leadership couldn’t hold the caucus together. Thus, as is so often the case with a Republican congress, it proves yet again incapable of governing the country in a positive manner. Some things never change.
- Actually doing stuff is risky, so…: The Senate is no better. Presented this year with a grand opportunity to make use of the Congressional Review Act to rescind a raft of horrible last-minute Obama regulatory actions, the House has actually acted on more than a dozen items. But the Senate, using the excuse of the confirmation process, has only managed to act on a handful. With the timetable governing use of the CRA set to run out in late May, and the congressional schedule littered with days off and a two-week vacation between now and then, the GOP senate is going to end up leaving millions of disappointed constituents in the wake of its failure to act. Again, some things never change.
- I got this Tweedle-dee here, or this Tweedle-dum – take your pick.: In the end, American voters are left with a choice between one ruling class party (the Democrats) that actively hates the majority of the country, and a second ruling class party (the Republicans) that at least pretends to love the country but cannot summon the political courage needed to do anything positive to help it.
- Nothing says “ruling class” like an unearned two-week vacation.: As mentioned above, Congress will be taking the 2nd and 3rd week in April off. Many members of both parties will be holding public townhall meetings during those weeks. What are the Republicans going to say to their no-doubt hostile audiences about Obamacare? Remember, over the last 7 years, these people have said, “just give us a majority in the House, and we’ll repeal Obamacare.” They got the House, and failed. Then they said, “just give us a majority in the Senate, and we’ll repeal Obamacare.” They got the Senate, and failed. Then they said, “just give us the presidency, and we’ll repeal Obamacare.” They got the Presidency, and even holding every lever of power in the nation’s capitol, they still failed to do a damn thing.
- Paul Ryan’s new book: The Seven Habits of Highly-Ineffective Speakers.: Here’s a thought: A Speaker who is a real leader would cancel this two-week vacation and hold the House in session until his party’s caucus produces a “repeal and replace” bill that it can pass. There is nothing sacrosanct about the published congressional schedule, and no reason why a congress that has thus far produced basically nothing of note in three months deserves two weeks off. Warning: holding your breath waiting for this to happen could be hazardous to your health.
- This better be good.: In other news, House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes has called bi-polar FBI Director James Comey and NSA Director Mike Rogers back to testify before his committee next week in a closed session, so that the witnesses might actually answer dozens of questions that they claimed they could not answer in last Monday’s public hearing. Naturally, the ranking Democrat on the Committee, the bug-eyed Adam Schiff, virulently opposed this opportunity for the committee to have access to full information on the question of whether the Obama Administration spied on the Trump Transition Team and campaign. We should not be surprised if Schiff and his fellow Democrats boycott the hearing, or pull some other public stunt to distract attention away from the real legal issue at play in this matter.
Just another week in the un-drained swamp of Washington DC.
That is all.
Photo credit: CNN.com
- Hey, Angie, how ’bout paying your bills?: President Trump met with Angela Merkel on Friday, in what observers described as a “tense” meeting. Gosh, wonder why? Reportedly, the President pressed the German Chancellor about the need for her wealthy country to actually pay its dues to NATO, which it has been under-paying for basically as long as that organization has existed. Shockingly, the Chancellor announced during their joint presser afterwards that she is now suddenly committed to doing that. Turns out, somebody just had to ask. Or more likely, demand, which would explain the “tenseness”.
- Of course, “safe” is a matter of perspective.: Also during the presser, Ms. Merkel laughably claimed that her policy of rampant open borders has made the European Union safe. As if on cue, a radical Islamic terrorists went on a shooting rampage in the Paris airport.
- That noise you heard around noon Friday was fake reporters heads exploding all across the fake news media: Finally, President Trump got a big laugh during the presser when he tripled-down on his claim that Trump Tower was wire-tapped during the campaign, stating that being wire-tapped by the Obama Administration gave him “something in common” with Chancellor Merkel, who was also famously wire-tapped by the evil Obama minions, a truth the fake media has gone out of its way to forget.
- Google lost hundreds of UK clients yesterday as a result of its ongoing policy of allowing rank anti-Semitic videos to remain active on YouTube. This happens because Google is owned and run by progressives, and progressives are all about Antisemitism these days. Sad but true.
- Hey, remember when the Secret Service was this crack team of impenetrable security?: Yeah, those days are long gone. Yesterday, a SS agent in New York City had his laptop stolen when he left it unattended in the seat of his car. The laptop reportedly contained the floor plans to Trump Tower, along with information about the criminal investigation of The Most Corrupt Woman in America. Later on Friday, we learned that the fence-jumper who was arrested on the White House grounds last week had actually been roaming around inside the “security” fence for 17 minutes before the SS even realized he was there. If you’re not worried about the President’s safety, you should reconsider.
Just another day in Trump Derangement Syndrome America.
That is all.