Just another day in it’s a nasty cold season for Democrats America.
Follow me on Twitter at @GDBlackmon
Today’s news moves at a faster pace than ever. is my go-to source for keeping up with all the latest events in real time.
Today’s Campaign Update
(Because The Campaign Never Ends)
- I hate to say I told you so, but… – I warned you on Monday that the leak from Robert Mueller’s staff that the Special Counsel’s office was “investigating” The Podesta Group Democrat lobbying firm was just a tactic to lend the investigation a pretense of impartiality, and likely meant that indictments would be coming down soon from the grand juries Mueller has had convened since summer. Well, sure enough, as the week wound down Friday evening, Mueller’s staff leaked to CNN the information that one of its grand juries had in fact issued its first charges in this sham investigation of the Democrat/fake news media promoted Russia collusion fantasy.
- According to the leaker, the plan is to place anyone charged under arrest “as soon as Monday.” So, basically, Mueller’s pretense at impartiality will last a week, give the fake journalists who infest the national fake news media a fake talking point with which to give Mueller cover for these indictments, and we will never hear another peep about any investigation into The Podesta Group by the Special Counsel’s office again.
- Speaking of Russia collusion – real Russia collusion, not the fantasy Mueller has been chasing – we also found out late on Friday (it always seems to be late on Friday, doesn’t it?) that the “unidentified Republican” who was an initial funder for the activities of the Fusion GPS firm, creator of the fake Trump Dossier, was none other than major Marco Rubio supporter and owner of the Washington Free Beacon, billionaire Paul Singer. The Free Beacon took full credit (or blame), claiming that its funding of the Fusion GPS firm was pure opposition research that looked into several of Rubio’s GOP primary opponents, and that the funding ended before the DNC and Hillary Clinton employed Fusion to collude with the Russian government in creating the fake Trump Dossier.
- No one associated with the Free Beacon bothered to explain why in the hell a supposed “newspaper” was involved in funding opposition research on behalf of a GOP presidential candidate, and Marco Rubio, in an interview in CNN, did not address whether or not his campaign properly disclosed the Free Beacon’s expenditures on his behalf in its campaign filings with the Federal Elections Commissions. So many questions, and not a real journalist around to ask any of them.
- It sure seems to me that everyone involved here – Singer, his minions at the Free Beacon, and Rubio will have much to answer to in the coming days, if an actual journalist with actual curiosity can be found to ask the real, relevant questions here. I wonder what Sharyl Atkisson has on her plate right now.
- At any rate, while Mueller continues to do the Deep State’s bidding in chasing the fake Trump/Russia fantasy, the real Democrat Russia Collusion scandal continues to balloon. Friday’s disclosure by the Free Beacon is in fact an effort by Singer to get ahead of the coming revelations in this real scandal, as a federal district judge will rule any day now on whether or not Fusion GPS must disclose its bank records, which have been subpoenaed by multiple congressional committees. It seems very likely that that will happen, unless the judge is an Obama appointee, in which case he will simply ignore the law and rule as he pleases. But even in that case, the decision will only be delayed a few weeks until an appeals court can overturn the ruling.
- Once that happens, this dam is truly going to burst, as investigators will then be able to discover exactly whom Fusion paid off in order to accumulate the salacious material it included in its fake Dossier. No telling where those tentacles will lead, but it sure will be fun to find out.
- But that’s not all, oh no. This coming week, the FBI has promised to finally disclose its own files related to the Trump Dossier after months of stonewalling congressional investigators. Assuming the FBI makes a full disclosure – which is never a safe assumption with this still-corrupt organization – we will find out whether that agency, under former Director James Comey, actually helped to pay for the Dossier itself, as has long been rumored. And if the FBI attempts to withhold documents, that will become a scandal in and of itself.
- The Democrats and their fake news media agents are going to be working over time to concoct new distractions for all the real scandals that are about to be coming at them. It’s going to be a joy to watch.
Just another day in Russia-obsessed America.
That is all.
- I have to admit that this whole fake media construct about how Donald Trump should have been able to keep every campaign promise he made during his first 100 days in office is incredibly annoying to me. Even Brett Baeir at Fox News put up a graphic on his newscast last night purporting to show that the President has “only” followed through on a third of about 55 promises made during his campaign.
- This fake media fetish flies in the face of the reality that Donald Trump, if he never accomplishes another thing during his first term, has already become an amazingly impactful President, and the impacts will be felt for decades to come. Here’s just a partial list of what he has already achieved – with virtually no help from his GOP congressional colleagues – during his first 96 days in office:
- The nomination and confirmation of Neil Gorsuch to the Supreme Court would on its own render Trump’s first term a successful one. Think about it this way: For as along as Gorsuch serves on the Court – which could be 30 years or more – every 5-4 decision rendered in the favor of the Constitution will be the direct result of Donald Trump’s defeat of The Most Corrupt Woman in America last November. This more than anything else will be Trump’s enduring legacy to the nation.
- He’s put the disgusting, semi-human scum who infest the United Nations Security Council on notice that the United States will no longer be a lapdog for their mistreatment of Israel and other U.S. allies. A huge change in direction from the previous 8 years.
- He’s put our NATO allies on notice that the United States expects them all to begin paying their fair share of the costs of that organization, and several of those countries have already lined up to start paying the piper. Yuge.
- He’s put Syria and its Russian benefactors on notice that the United States will no longer stand limp-wristed by as they commit war crimes on the Syrian population.
- He’s put the fake Climate Change subsidy industry on notice that the subsidy gravy train is about to start running dry, and the international Climate Fraud community that the U.S. is no longer going to engage in the massive redistribution of wealth that is at the very heart of the Paris Climate Accords.
- He’s put the crazy little fat guy in Pyong Yang on notice that the U.S. is no longer going to stand by limp-wristed as he pops off missiles into the Sea of Japan and threatens our cities with nuclear annihilation.
- His policy of actually enforcing U.S. immigration laws has already reduced the flow of illegal immigrants across our southern border by more than 70%.
- His pro-business policy actions have already lowered new unemployment claims to a 17 year low.
- His reversals of Obama-era regulations have already saved the U.S. economy over $80 billion.
- Where energy policy is concerned, he has in a few short months completely altered the nation’s course from one of short supply, increasing imports, and heavier and heavier regulations designed to kill domestic industries, to one of abundance, less reliance on foreign providers, and massive new investments in jobs and infrastructure. I know I’m a wonk about energy, folks, but energy – how we source it, how we produce it, how we distribute it and how much it costs us as a society, is one of the very most crucial issues we face as a country.
- All of those things and many, many more have already been accomplished with very little help and much obstruction from congress, with a “deep state” consisting of Obama holdovers in our intel agencies, state department and EPA doing everything they can to obstruct his efforts, with a fake news media mis-reporting on pretty much every aspect of it, and with an FBI slow-playing background checks for his proposed appointees, which is still forcing the Administration to operate on a skeleton crew. It’s all been done through the sheer force of his own will.
- Bottom line: This has already been an amazingly impactful presidency. Which of course explains why the fake journalists in the fake news media are so anxious for you all to believe otherwise.
Just the first 100 days in Trump Derangement Syndrome, fake news media America.
That is all.