Today’s Campaign Update
(Because The Campaign Never Ends)
- If we didn’t have Democrats, we’d have to make them up. – Ok, I swear I didn’t make this up. It’s a real story. The far, far, far, far left wing of the far, far leftwing California Democratic Party is mounting a recall effort on their own Assembly Speaker because…wait for it…he isn’t far, far, far, far leftwing enough for them. Wait, you say, Speaker Anthony Rendon is as far, far, far leftwing as it gets, right? Well, no. See, he needed to add one more “far” to that total of “fars”, and ram through a completely unworkable proposal to implement single-payer healthcare in the Golden State, a bill that would have utterly bankrupted the state’s treasury within a few years. Of course, the leftist nitwits who pushed this bill and are now taking out their frustrations on the Speaker figure that when the money runs out in their own state, they’ll just petition the federal government to force taxpayers from the 49 other states to pay for their ruinous policies. It’s the California way, after all.
- Hey, can we get that whole CalExit deal moving along a little faster? – Speaking of the insanity that is California, CA Congressman Lou Correa is so unhinged that he now displays a painting of the Statue of Liberty wearing Muslim garb in his congressional office. This isn’t political thought, this is mental illness. But then, California is the state that gives us Nancy Pelosi and Maxine Waters, so, just par for the course, really.
- At long last, this is what you’re sorry for having done? – Caitlyn Jenner apologized to her dozens of fans for having been photographed wearing a “Make America Great Again” cap. Of all the millions of things Caitlyn Jenner owes an apology for, wearing a cap of any kind is not among them.
- Well, that’s a damn shame. – Reuters reports that the Justice Department is not looking to charge journalists for knowingly releasing leaked classified information to the public. Because no Republican can be counted on to do the right thing anymore. Sad!
- I am shocked, shocked to see temperatures falling in Australia! – I reported a couple of weeks ago about the scandal in Australia over the Bureau of Meteorology’s (BOM) effort to “revise” the national temperature data there to invent “global warming” where none is occurring. Graham Lloyd at The Australian is now reporting that, now that BOM has been caught and forced to properly record actual temperature data rather than make it all up, temperatures Down Under are suddenly plummeting. Go figure. No one could have seen that coming!
- Let the good times roll…or float… – Big news yesterday in New Orleans as heavy rains there overwhelmed the city’s utterly inadequate pumping system that is supposed to drain rain water off of city streets. While the Times Picayune reported this as if it were some rare occurrence, I have personally been in New Orleans three times in the last 20 years in which the same thing happened. And no, there weren’t any hurricanes coming through at those times. The simple fact of the matter is that New Orleans – which I love – is 11 feet below sea level on average, and when it rains heavily, the streets are gonna flood. This is not news, this is an inevitability.
- Wait. Is this question serious? Really??? – The mental midgets at Newsweek ran a piece with the following breathless headline: “WHY ARE MOST POLITICIANS WHITE 52 YEARS AFTER THE VOTING RIGHTS ACT WAS SIGNED INTO LAW?” Ummmmm…lessee here….hey, could it be because most people in America are white, even 52 years later? Now we know why Newsweek exists only in bandwidth. My goodness.
Just another day in praying for CalExit America.
That is all.
Today’s Campaign Update
(Because The Campaign Never Ends)
- So, the latest fake journalist joint head explosion was caused by the revelation that, during one of the dinners at last week’s G20 meeting, President Trump left his seat and sat down next to Vladimir Putin for a discussion. The media, keeping with their agreed-to narrative, is uniformly describing this as a “private” discussion “with no other Americans present”, since the President did not have his own interpreter with him, relying instead on Putin’s interpreter to handle both sides of the discussion. Characterizing the dinner chat in this way is the height of absurdity given that it took place in a room with at least 200 people present, at a dinner table where half a dozen others were constantly within earshot, and dozens of others passed closely by while the national leaders were talking. CNN even found some ex-Obama swamp creature to call it a “breach of national security protocol.” Good lord.
- President Trump responded to this latest news fakery on Twitter: “Fake News story of secret dinner with Putin is “sick.” All G 20 leaders, and spouses, were invited by the Chancellor of Germany. Press knew!” And “The Fake News is becoming more and more dishonest! Even a dinner arranged for top 20 leaders in Germany is made to look sinister!” Yyyyyyyyep.
- Hey, remember when all the #NeverTrump goofballs told us that it would be Donald Trump who betrayed the country on the promise to repeal and replace ObamaCare? Yeah…they were wrong about that, too.
- Well, looks like Hillary Clinton may have finally, at long last, overstayed her welcome with pretty much every American who doesn’t call themselves Democrats. A new Bloomberg poll shows that her favorability rating is lower than Donald Trump’s, mired at 39% to Trump’s 41%. That 39% level has historically been pretty much the base level for either Clinton over the last 25 years. It appears that basically all Democrats would support either of them even if they were discovered standing over some murdered DNC staffer’s body, gun in hand. For the rest of us, it appears that Ms. Clinton’s endless blame-shifting efforts for her defeat last year have finally become too much to bear. That sure took a long time.
- It is not news that climate alarmists keep having to move their “end of the world” goal posts in order to keep scamming the government for grant money to fund their “science,” but one of the most prominent scammers among them has now taken this exercise to an absurd extreme. Well-known alarmist James Hansen – who for years worked the scam from inside the government rather than outside of it – famously told a congressional committee in 1988 that New York City would be under water “within 30 years.” In 1998, he announced that we would see a global temperature rise of 5 degrees Centigrade by 2018. Given that neither New York City sea levels or global temperatures have risen by any measurable degree at all since 1998, Mr. Hansen has now decided that NYC is safe for…wait for it…wait for it….150 more years! And that global temperature that hasn’t risen at all for the last 20 years? Uh, well, we’ll probably be ok, but only through the end of this century – THEN it’s going to get really, really hot. Pushing the goal posts out that far may seem absurd to you and me, but it does have the benefit of ensuring that Mr. Hansen will be long perished from this earth before his latest projections of climate Armageddon are proved false as well.
Just another day in tiresome frauds America.
That is all.
- That uncomfortable moment when the #climatefraud chickens come home to roost – The Wall Street Journal reports that the secessionist future nation of California has had so much rain this year (hey, whatever happened to that “permanent drought” all the global warming nutjobs claimed the state would never get out of?) that the state has now run out of space in which to store water. Californians can thank Democrats and their benefactors in the environmental movement, who have run the state for the last 40 years, and during that time, prevented the state from building a single new water surface reservoir. The really dangerous part of all of this is that the state has had record snowfall up in the mountains this winter, and that snow is just now beginning to melt. “And Noah said there will come a great flood.” Can’t wait to see President Trump’s response when Jerry Brown comes begging for money again in a few weeks to bail him out of a situation he did so much to help create.
- What, me worry? – Failed campaign manager for the Most Corrupt Woman in America Robby Mook was on Fox and Friends this morning talking about the growing Obama/Trump wiretapping scandal. While all other Democrats are uniformly calling for the Justice Department to appoint a special counsel to investigate the case, I couldn’t help noticing that Mr. Mook wanted no part of any such thing, specifically calling instead for “bi-partisan congressional committees” to handle the investigation. The reason is obvious: Mr. Mook and Ms. Corrupt Woman want no part of a real investigation into any of this, and they know they can rely on Democrats on those congressional committees to stonewall any investigation that delves into what the Corrupt Woman and her evil minions knew about all of this, and more importantly, when they knew it.
- Hey, with all the journalistic fakery going on around him, what’s a guy to do? – The Washington Post has been giving us fake reporters, fake editors and fake op/ed writers for many years, but yesterday it was revealed – not by the WaPo, but the NY Daily News – that the fake newspaper is now branching out into giving us fake ICE agents. Itai Ozderman, identified only as a “tech worker” at the WaPo, was arrested a month ago for impersonating an ICE agent in the state of Virginia multiple times, even to the point of trying to enforce criminal laws. No word if the managers at the WaPo plan to promote Mr. Ozderman and give him a raise, as they do with all their fake journalists whenever they’re caught faking the news.
- Hey, remember that Ben Hur remake? Let’s re-make yet another movie nobody will want to go see! – The geniuses out in Hollywood announced yesterday that Steven Spielberg will direct a new film that re-tells the story of Daniel Ellsberg, the leaker of the Pentagon Papers during the Nixon years. The film will star Meryl Streep and Tom Hanks, and will show the “vital role of the press in keeping government honest,” a role the press uniformly surrendered back in 2008. The film will very predictably tank miserably at the box office. Because that’s what an intellectually bankrupt film-making community does these days.
Just another day in fake news media America.
That is all.