Episode 5 – Debating energy-related issues based on facts and reality rather than hyperbole
Show Notes: In this episode David and Ryan discussed the pending deal between Russia and OPEC to extend their export limitation agreement through the end of 2018, and how crucial that deal is for the direction of crude oil prices on the global market. Also discussed: natural gas production in the Permian Basin; what’s next for the Keystone XL Pipeline; the ongoing revival of Alaska’s oil and gas industry; and why renewables won’t be crowding fossil fuels out of the energy markets anytime soon.
Listen to the Podcast here
Today’s Campaign Update
(Because The Campaign Never Ends)
- If we didn’t have Democrats, we’d have to make them up. – Ok, I swear I didn’t make this up. It’s a real story. The far, far, far, far left wing of the far, far leftwing California Democratic Party is mounting a recall effort on their own Assembly Speaker because…wait for it…he isn’t far, far, far, far leftwing enough for them. Wait, you say, Speaker Anthony Rendon is as far, far, far leftwing as it gets, right? Well, no. See, he needed to add one more “far” to that total of “fars”, and ram through a completely unworkable proposal to implement single-payer healthcare in the Golden State, a bill that would have utterly bankrupted the state’s treasury within a few years. Of course, the leftist nitwits who pushed this bill and are now taking out their frustrations on the Speaker figure that when the money runs out in their own state, they’ll just petition the federal government to force taxpayers from the 49 other states to pay for their ruinous policies. It’s the California way, after all.
- Hey, can we get that whole CalExit deal moving along a little faster? – Speaking of the insanity that is California, CA Congressman Lou Correa is so unhinged that he now displays a painting of the Statue of Liberty wearing Muslim garb in his congressional office. This isn’t political thought, this is mental illness. But then, California is the state that gives us Nancy Pelosi and Maxine Waters, so, just par for the course, really.
- At long last, this is what you’re sorry for having done? – Caitlyn Jenner apologized to her dozens of fans for having been photographed wearing a “Make America Great Again” cap. Of all the millions of things Caitlyn Jenner owes an apology for, wearing a cap of any kind is not among them.
- Well, that’s a damn shame. – Reuters reports that the Justice Department is not looking to charge journalists for knowingly releasing leaked classified information to the public. Because no Republican can be counted on to do the right thing anymore. Sad!
- I am shocked, shocked to see temperatures falling in Australia! – I reported a couple of weeks ago about the scandal in Australia over the Bureau of Meteorology’s (BOM) effort to “revise” the national temperature data there to invent “global warming” where none is occurring. Graham Lloyd at The Australian is now reporting that, now that BOM has been caught and forced to properly record actual temperature data rather than make it all up, temperatures Down Under are suddenly plummeting. Go figure. No one could have seen that coming!
- Let the good times roll…or float… – Big news yesterday in New Orleans as heavy rains there overwhelmed the city’s utterly inadequate pumping system that is supposed to drain rain water off of city streets. While the Times Picayune reported this as if it were some rare occurrence, I have personally been in New Orleans three times in the last 20 years in which the same thing happened. And no, there weren’t any hurricanes coming through at those times. The simple fact of the matter is that New Orleans – which I love – is 11 feet below sea level on average, and when it rains heavily, the streets are gonna flood. This is not news, this is an inevitability.
- Wait. Is this question serious? Really??? – The mental midgets at Newsweek ran a piece with the following breathless headline: “WHY ARE MOST POLITICIANS WHITE 52 YEARS AFTER THE VOTING RIGHTS ACT WAS SIGNED INTO LAW?” Ummmmm…lessee here….hey, could it be because most people in America are white, even 52 years later? Now we know why Newsweek exists only in bandwidth. My goodness.
Just another day in praying for CalExit America.
That is all.
Today’s Campaign Update
(Because The Campaign Never Ends)
- So, the latest fake journalist joint head explosion was caused by the revelation that, during one of the dinners at last week’s G20 meeting, President Trump left his seat and sat down next to Vladimir Putin for a discussion. The media, keeping with their agreed-to narrative, is uniformly describing this as a “private” discussion “with no other Americans present”, since the President did not have his own interpreter with him, relying instead on Putin’s interpreter to handle both sides of the discussion. Characterizing the dinner chat in this way is the height of absurdity given that it took place in a room with at least 200 people present, at a dinner table where half a dozen others were constantly within earshot, and dozens of others passed closely by while the national leaders were talking. CNN even found some ex-Obama swamp creature to call it a “breach of national security protocol.” Good lord.
- President Trump responded to this latest news fakery on Twitter: “Fake News story of secret dinner with Putin is “sick.” All G 20 leaders, and spouses, were invited by the Chancellor of Germany. Press knew!” And “The Fake News is becoming more and more dishonest! Even a dinner arranged for top 20 leaders in Germany is made to look sinister!” Yyyyyyyyep.
- Hey, remember when all the #NeverTrump goofballs told us that it would be Donald Trump who betrayed the country on the promise to repeal and replace ObamaCare? Yeah…they were wrong about that, too.
- Well, looks like Hillary Clinton may have finally, at long last, overstayed her welcome with pretty much every American who doesn’t call themselves Democrats. A new Bloomberg poll shows that her favorability rating is lower than Donald Trump’s, mired at 39% to Trump’s 41%. That 39% level has historically been pretty much the base level for either Clinton over the last 25 years. It appears that basically all Democrats would support either of them even if they were discovered standing over some murdered DNC staffer’s body, gun in hand. For the rest of us, it appears that Ms. Clinton’s endless blame-shifting efforts for her defeat last year have finally become too much to bear. That sure took a long time.
- It is not news that climate alarmists keep having to move their “end of the world” goal posts in order to keep scamming the government for grant money to fund their “science,” but one of the most prominent scammers among them has now taken this exercise to an absurd extreme. Well-known alarmist James Hansen – who for years worked the scam from inside the government rather than outside of it – famously told a congressional committee in 1988 that New York City would be under water “within 30 years.” In 1998, he announced that we would see a global temperature rise of 5 degrees Centigrade by 2018. Given that neither New York City sea levels or global temperatures have risen by any measurable degree at all since 1998, Mr. Hansen has now decided that NYC is safe for…wait for it…wait for it….150 more years! And that global temperature that hasn’t risen at all for the last 20 years? Uh, well, we’ll probably be ok, but only through the end of this century – THEN it’s going to get really, really hot. Pushing the goal posts out that far may seem absurd to you and me, but it does have the benefit of ensuring that Mr. Hansen will be long perished from this earth before his latest projections of climate Armageddon are proved false as well.
Just another day in tiresome frauds America.
That is all.
Today’s Campaign Update
(Because The Campaign Never Ends)
- That whooshing sound you hear is the air coming out of the biggest single scam in human history.: Climate frauds everywhere spent all day Wednesday in a panic over news reports that President Trump has decided to pull the U.S. out of Barack Obama’s Paris Climate Accord, which is nothing more than just another socialist wealth redistribution scheme. CBS News was so focused on misinforming its brainwashed viewers that it had its fake reporters and fake anchor refer to the scheme as a “treaty” no fewer than six times in just under 2 minutes of air time. It’s not a treaty – Barack Hussein Obama committed our 330 million citizens to forking over about $3 trillion between now and 2030 purely via executive fiat. Why? Because he knew the U.S. Senate would never approve it.
- My favorite Democrat/fake media talking point of the day was this: “There 195 countries who have signed onto the Paris Climate Accords!!!!” Well, hell, of course they are – they’re like pigs lined up at a trough that they expect to soon be filled with U.S. money.
- Second favorite Democrat/fake media talking point of the day: “If Trump pulls out of Paris, that means we are leaving China and India in charge of cleaning up the environment!!!!!” This unfortunate point came on the same day that India announced its plan to build no fewer than 175 new coal-fired power plants in the next few years, adding to the the reality that China has been opening about one new coal-fired plant each week for the last decade. That’s what liberals refer to as climate “leadership”.
- Here’s reality about Paris: The UN itself admits that, if every country held to its commitments under the Accord (thus far, only the U.S. has been doing so), it would have the impact of lowering global temperatures – according to notoriously inaccurate climate computer models – just 2/10ths of 1 degree over the next 85 years. In other words, no real measurable impact at all. The UN says exactly this in its own reports. Paris is just another Obama-era Climate fraud, one of thousands, and it is well past time for President Trump to keep his campaign promise and remove the U.S. from this farce.
- Speaking of our former Climate Fraud-in-Chief, he and his wife Michelle announced that they have managed somehow to parlay his eight years of making $400,000 per year into being able to purchase a home in Washington DC for ….wait for it…$8.2 million. That’s some fabulous investing going on right there.
- He must have been reading my stuff.: Liberal heads really exploded in earnest on Wednesday when former NY City Mayor Michael Bloomberg told an audience that he thinks Donald Trump has “about a 55 percent chance of being re-elected in 2020.” I think his percentage is way low, but am glad he agrees with me.
- Fakenews outlet Yahoo News reports that there is a new wave going on of mountain climbers issuing fake claims of having scaled Mount Everest. Upon reading that story, every fake reporter, fake anchor and fake editor working at every major news outlet in to the United States began making plans to travel to Tibet and get in on the scam.
- This is what the Democrats refer to as their Youth Movement.: Don’t look now, but crazy ol’ Joe Biden has formed a PAC and is making plans to run for President in 2020, when he will be 78 years old, where he will likely face off against The Most Corrupt Woman In America, who will be 74, and Bernie Sanders, who will be pushing 80. California Governor Jerry Brown, who would also be pushing 80 in 2020, is also making preliminary plans to run. After they lose to Trump, maybe they can all move in together in a nice assisted living community near Coral Gables.
Just another day in dying Climate Fraud America.
That is all.
Jonathan Swain and Amy Harder at Axios reported on Sunday morning that President Donald Trump has told “confidants” that he has made the decision to pull the United States out of the Paris Climate Accords, and will make an announcement soon, most likely this coming week. This report will certainly produce a major backlash from the anti-fossil fuel lobby in the U.S. and globally, which correctly views the commitments made by former President Barack Obama under this executive agreement as the main driving force for increasingly restrictive regulations of the U.S. fossil fuel industries.
But this report, if true, should surprise no one after the President was the only G7 leader who refrained from endorsing the Paris Accords on Saturday, a move that came after one of his advisers had told the media that Mr. Trump’s views related to Paris were “evolving.” This statement was taken by many Paris supporters as an indication that the President might be moving towards changing his mind and keeping the U.S. in the agreement after all.
Such hope by Paris supporters has always seemed like a pipe dream, though, since the Obama commitments within the Paris accord stand in direct opposition to the commitments made by candidate Trump during the 2016 campaign, as well as the energy policy-related actions taken by President Trump since assuming office.
During his campaign, Candidate Trump made pledges to pull the U.S. out of two Obama-era executive agreements – Paris and Iran – centerpieces of his daily stump speech. At every campaign stop, every fundraising event, every one of the campaign rallies before audiences of thousands of people, Donald Trump overtly promised to end U.S. involvement in both of those agreements, which he regularly referred to as “terrible deals” made by “stupid” people. Indeed, this was the overarching theme of his entire campaign – that he is a superior negotiator who would be able to negotiate better deals than these for the country.
- Honestly, I’m not sure even congressional Republicans can screw this one up.: Congressional Democrats, after having spent the last 20 years squealing like stuck pigs about what a sacrilege it is whenever the Republicans have caused about 14% of the federal government to be shut down in a budget or debt ceiling fight, are now threatening to fight funding for President Trump’s border wall by …wait for it…wait for it…SHUTTING DOWN THE DAMN GOVERNMENT! The proper GOP response to this threat is possibly the single biggest no-brainer in the history of the Republic: Please, go right ahead!
- Hey, whatever happened that Jill Stein?: Isn’t she a pistol? Do you think we could run her down and see if she’d do a recount of the CBO score on the Republican plan to repeal and replace ObamaCare? Her results would be just as valid.
- Tired of Winning Yet? Part I.: Foreign Policy magazine reports that President Trump has instructed the State Department to find ways to cut U.S. support for the various worthless United Nations programs by 50%. Naturally, country club Republicans like Mitch McConnell and Lindsey Graham have already stated they would oppose such cuts. Note: If you’re from Kentucky or South Carolina, you need to pay better attention.
- Tired of Winning Yet? Part II: Foreign Policy also reports that Secretary of State Rex Tillerson threatened that the U.S. might well withdraw from the detestable UN Human Rights council unless it enacts “major reforms.” Awesome.
- Further, cats and dogs on campus must now be referred to as “lovable furry companions”, and shrubs and trees are now to be called “leafy green shade-givers.”: Officials at the University of Minnesota announced that the school would be dropping the terms “Homecoming Queen” and “Homecoming King”, and replacing them instead with the gender neutral “Royals”. Because, well, – let’s be honest here – the officials at the University of Minnesota are a bunch of spineless idiots who are complicit in turning their students’ minds into useless mush. There, I said it.
- That’s also why they took up smoking.: More than 8,000 airline flights destined to or from the northeastern states were cancelled on Tuesday, all because the folks at the National Weather Service (NWS) are incapable of forecasting the weather more than 8 hours in advance. Making matters worse, NWS officials admitted they actually suspected in advance that snowfalls would not hit the major cities like they had previously thought, but decided to stick with their more alarmist forecasts “out of extreme caution.” I swear, I SWEAR I don’t make this stuff up.
- The Twitter-verse went all…ummm…a-twitter yesterday around 7:00 when fake MSNBC host Rachel Maddow Tweeted out that she had obtained “Trump tax returns”, and would reveal them on her program at 8:00. The big reveal? It turns out that, in 2005, Mr. Trump paid $38 million in income tax on $150 million in income. To which most thinking people responded, “man, sure wish I had the chance to to pay $38 million in income tax, just one time.” After that “big reveal”, the Twitter-verse went all…ummm…a-twitter about how embarrassing it all was for Rachel Maddow.
Just another day in Trump Derangement Syndrome America.
That is all.
- That uncomfortable moment when the #climatefraud chickens come home to roost – The Wall Street Journal reports that the secessionist future nation of California has had so much rain this year (hey, whatever happened to that “permanent drought” all the global warming nutjobs claimed the state would never get out of?) that the state has now run out of space in which to store water. Californians can thank Democrats and their benefactors in the environmental movement, who have run the state for the last 40 years, and during that time, prevented the state from building a single new water surface reservoir. The really dangerous part of all of this is that the state has had record snowfall up in the mountains this winter, and that snow is just now beginning to melt. “And Noah said there will come a great flood.” Can’t wait to see President Trump’s response when Jerry Brown comes begging for money again in a few weeks to bail him out of a situation he did so much to help create.
- What, me worry? – Failed campaign manager for the Most Corrupt Woman in America Robby Mook was on Fox and Friends this morning talking about the growing Obama/Trump wiretapping scandal. While all other Democrats are uniformly calling for the Justice Department to appoint a special counsel to investigate the case, I couldn’t help noticing that Mr. Mook wanted no part of any such thing, specifically calling instead for “bi-partisan congressional committees” to handle the investigation. The reason is obvious: Mr. Mook and Ms. Corrupt Woman want no part of a real investigation into any of this, and they know they can rely on Democrats on those congressional committees to stonewall any investigation that delves into what the Corrupt Woman and her evil minions knew about all of this, and more importantly, when they knew it.
- Hey, with all the journalistic fakery going on around him, what’s a guy to do? – The Washington Post has been giving us fake reporters, fake editors and fake op/ed writers for many years, but yesterday it was revealed – not by the WaPo, but the NY Daily News – that the fake newspaper is now branching out into giving us fake ICE agents. Itai Ozderman, identified only as a “tech worker” at the WaPo, was arrested a month ago for impersonating an ICE agent in the state of Virginia multiple times, even to the point of trying to enforce criminal laws. No word if the managers at the WaPo plan to promote Mr. Ozderman and give him a raise, as they do with all their fake journalists whenever they’re caught faking the news.
- Hey, remember that Ben Hur remake? Let’s re-make yet another movie nobody will want to go see! – The geniuses out in Hollywood announced yesterday that Steven Spielberg will direct a new film that re-tells the story of Daniel Ellsberg, the leaker of the Pentagon Papers during the Nixon years. The film will star Meryl Streep and Tom Hanks, and will show the “vital role of the press in keeping government honest,” a role the press uniformly surrendered back in 2008. The film will very predictably tank miserably at the box office. Because that’s what an intellectually bankrupt film-making community does these days.
Just another day in fake news media America.
That is all.