- Heat Street reports that the U.S. Supreme Court, thanks to an utterly idiotic ruling by the idiot majority on the idiot 10th Circuit Court of Appeals, may soon have to decide if school children can be arrested for fake belching in class. Thank God this case didn’t come up in 1967, or I would have probably spent a lifetime in prison. I swear I don’t make this stuff up.
- The fake editors at the NY Times approved an op/ed piece by someone named Lee Siegel. It’s headline: “For Liberals, Is It Time To Move To Norway?” To which I can only respond, yes, yes, a thousand times, yes. Go ruin Norway and leave us alone, please. Sadly, as we saw with all the unfulfilled promises by an array of b-list celebrities to desert America for greener pastures after Donald Trump won the election, liberals never actually follow through on threats such as this, so we’re probably stuck with them despite M. Siegel’s ruminations.
- Speculation continues in the fake news media that President Trump is considering shaking up his communications staff (as I suggested he needed to do last Friday), and cancel the White House daily press briefings (as I suggested he should do in January), causing the heads of fake journalists all over Washington to explode. Writing in the Washington Examiner, Becket Adams offers a very good rationale for why the latter should take place. See? It’s not just me.
- Former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper made the rounds of the Sunday morning talk shows, and had the following exchange in his predictably softball interview with fake CNN journalist Jake Tapper:
“In many ways, our institutions are under assault, both externally — and that’s the big news here, is the Russian interference in our election system. And I think as well our institutions are under assault internally,” Clapper said on CNN.
“Internally from the president?” Jake Tapper so helpfully asked.
“Exactly,” Clapper replied. “The Founding Fathers, in their genius, created a system of three co-equal branches of government and a built-in system of checks and balances. And I feel as though that’s under assault and is eroding.
So apparently, Mr. Clapper believes the three co-equal branches of government are 1) the President, 2) the FBI, and 3) the rest of the Deep State, which the President is attempting to clean up. He and I obviously didn’t have the same history teachers.
- Just to prove the Democrats have no intention of in any way altering their obstruction strategy on literally everything, Cryin’ Chuckie Schumer announced this morning that his Senate Democrats would filibuster any nominee – anyone who is nominated, period – unless the Justice Department appoints a special counsel to investigate the Democrats’ Russia fantasy. This presents Mitch McConnell a golden opportunity to rid the Republic of the filibuster for all presidential nominees, period, or to revert it back to the old pre-1977 rule, which required anyone wanting to mount a filibuster to actually get up and talk for as long as he or she wants to talk. The current fake filibuster rule, which allows any of the 100 preening peacocks who infest the U.S. Senate at any given time to simply raise his or her decrepit hand and halt the government’s business for an indeterminate amount of time, has become a tool for mendacity, and a menace to our society. It is long, long past time to get rid of the thing for good, though I would settle for a reversion back to the days when the word “filibuster” had actual meaning.
Just another weekend in fake filibuster America.
That is all.