- Now we know why his approval rating in Arizona is 11%. – Hey, remember when Arizona Sen. Jeff Flake used to pretend to be a Republican, just like his fellow Senator, John McCain? Yeah, those were good times, but they’re over now. On Tuesday, Flake wrote a check to ultra-liberal Democrat Doug Jones, who is running against the very weird Roy Moore for the senate seat in Alabama. Embarrassingly, Flake’s check to Jones, which he made sure to trumpet all over the social media space, was for a paltry $100, meaning he’s not only rankly dishonest, he’s also a skinflint. But hey, liberals are always far more generous giving away other people’s money than contributing their own, right?
- Hey, all you SJWs, snowflakes and pussy hat wearers, if you lack a tree-topper for your “holiday” tree this year, a mail-order company can supply you one of your favorite “inspiring woman”, so long as your favorite “inspiring woman” is either Beyonce’, Serena Williams or Hillary Clinton! I swear I don’t make this stuff up:
- Our young people seem to suffer from a severe lack of self-awareness. – The UK Telegraph carried a piece yesterday titled, “Don’t call us snowflakes – it damages our mental health, say young people”. I kid you not, it’s a serious piece. Note to young people: If being called a ‘snowflake’ damages your mental health, that means YOU’RE A DAMN SNOWFLAKE! How is it possible that that really needed to be said?
- Tuesday was a big day for fake news news. Let’s start with ABC News’s announcement that its star fake reporter, Brian Ross, will no longer be allowed to cover stories involving President Trump when he comes back from his 30 day holiday in January. ABC had also made sure to leak the text of a “memo” written by its News Division President James Goldston, ostensibly lambasting his staff over Ross’s false report from last Friday, which temporarily tanked the stock market. This is all window dressing, folks – ABC used the same tactic after Ross filed a previous fake report a few years ago, falsely tying a mass shooter to the Tea Party. Nothing is going to change at ABC – the news fakery will go on unabated.
- Meanwhile, over at NBC, if you are laboring under the illusion that Matt Lauer’s intra-office sexcapades were some sort of big secret at the Peacock Network, well, think again. Everyone at NBC – and apparently at every other fake news media outlet – knew everything about Lauer, and many of his colleagues were willing participants and abettors of his behavior. That’s the only reasonable conclusion one can draw from the report linked here from Fox News, which details the proceedings of a 2008 obscene roasting of Lauer at which everyone assembled in the room laughed uproariously about the fake news host’s debauchery. I would post out-takes from it, but the Campaign Update draws the line at repeating jokes about anal sex. In any event, if you’re thinking that NBC’s convenient jettisoning of Lauer – which will save the network $27 million annually – means the culture there will change, you should probably disabuse yourself of that silly notion. No word if Charlie Rose and Mark Halperin had seats at the head table, but it does seem likely.
- Hey, remember when real journalists would always require at least two corroborating sources before running with a big news story? Yeah, those times are dead. – The normally fairly reliable Bloomberg ran with a report mid-day on Tuesday that Special Counsel Robert Mueller had issued a subpoena to Deutsche Bank demanding it turn over client records related to its relationship with President Trump. Within a few hours, Trump’s legal team had completely debunked the story, and one can only wonder what the motive was for running with it in the first place, given that Bloomberg cited only a single, naturally unidentified source for the information.
- But hey, faking the news is a highly-competitive business, and if Bloomberg’s gonna play with the big boys at the NYTimes and the WaPo, inconvenient things like real journalistic practices and editorial control have to be tossed out the proverbial window, right? Right.
Just another day in fakety fakey fake news media America.
That is all.
Follow me on Twitter at @GDBlackmon
Today’s news moves at a faster pace than ever. Whatfinger.com is my go-to source for keeping up with all the latest events in real time.