Just another day in “shithole countries” America.
Follow me on Twitter at @GDBlackmon
Today’s news moves at a faster pace than ever. is my go-to source for keeping up with all the latest events in real time.
Today’s Campaign Update
(Because The Campaign Never Ends)
- If you’re looking for Hollywood’s next big box office stink bomb, look no further than Jennifer Lawrence’s latest vehicle, titled “mother”. Thought by advance critics to be a dramatic character study of modern life, the film is being released with very little marketing or promotion, possibly because the advance critics were wrong. Turns out, according to its director, the same clown who gave us the leftist climate change lecture, “Noah”, the movie is actually yet another Hollywood leftist lecture on overpopulation and climate change: “As a species our footprint is perilously unsustainable yet we live in a state of denial about the outlook for our planet and our place on it. From this primordial soup of angst and helplessness I woke up one morning and this movie poured out of me.” Oh, lovely, can’t wait to go out and pay a princely sum of money to see this train wreck. Yeah, you betcha, sure. Holy cow.
- The Dean of Harvard’s Kennedy School of government rescinded his offer of a “visiting fellowship” to traitorous trans-gender Chelsea Manning on Thursday, as controversy about the invitation had continued to grow. “I now think that designating Chelsea Manning as a Visiting Fellow was a mistake,” Douglas W. Elmendorf, the school’s dean, wrote in a message released around midnight. Gee, you think? I mean, how does such an invitation get extended in the first place? Is there no process for review above the Dean in Harvard’s management? Wouldn’t one logically think that extending such an invitation to anyone who actively conspired with our nation’s enemies during time of war would be sort of an automatic “no”?
- This will no doubt end the matter, since no one in the fake news media will want to ask these tough questions of one of their favored left-wing institutions of higher brainwashing, but that’s a damn shame. The mere fact that this invitation was extended to one of the grand traitors in our nation’s history ought to be cause for heads to roll, and not just the Dean’s. But this the world of higher education, where accountability is a concept as buried within the culture as is the concept of free speech.
- Conservative writer Ben Shapiro, who manages the “DailyWire” blog site, made his scheduled appearance at Cal Berkeley on Thursday, and amazingly, no riots broke out, though two Antifa morons were arrested even before the event began. To watch the University’s preparations for the event, one would have thought an army of black-masked thugs or something was coming to destroy the campus and its easily-triggered student body, but no, it was just little Ben Shapiro, who sounds exactly like a 30 year-old Richard Dreyfuss, and is about the same size.
- Boy, what an imposing figure he makes, armed with his speaker notes and wearing his Yarmuke. Berkeley officials were so concerned about the impact of his words – you know, all that horrible talk about the need to address the federal budget deficit and stop getting involved in wars all over the Middle East, terrible stuff like that – that they had special counseling rooms set up for triggered students and – get this – faculty! Good lord, even the freaking faculty at Berkeley is now a bunch of pathetic snowflakes.
- Despite Shapiro’s mild demeanor and not-exactly-imposing presence, Berkeley prepared as if its campus was being invaded by Godzilla, spending more than $600,000 on police presence, and even erecting a concrete barrier around the site of Mr. Shapiro’s lecture – ironic for a school run by opponents of President Trump’s border wall – all on the pretense that Mr. Shapiro’s words, not Antifa thugs, might somehow cause a riot to break out. The University carried that security charade so far as to actually bill Shapiro $15,000 as a “security fee” to come give a speech on its campus, an event to which he was invited by a student group.
- This “security fee” tricked worked with Ann Coulter early this year, when she was invited to speak. In response to receiving that billing, Ms. Coulter pulled out of the event rather than pay the fee. No doubt, Berkeley officials expected – hoped for – the same response from Shapiro. But Ben called their bluff, paid the fee, and gave his speech.
- And guess what happened? Not much, really, other than the two Antifa nitwits getting themselves tossed in jail. The speech was extremely well-attended and, other than being interrupted a few times by agitators that University officials infiltrated into the crowd intentionally, came off pretty seamlessly. About 1,000 protesters gathered outside the hall and chanted dumb chants and carried signs containing idiotic slogans, but that’s what these people do for a living, so no biggie as long as no one gets hurt.
- Nobody died – indeed, campus police reported that no one was really even harmed – and actual ideas in conflict with the prevailing leftist/communist thought being washed into the students’ brains by the faculty every day were aired in a mostly peaceful atmosphere. Questions were asked from the audience, and answered by the speaker, and no one passed out or became overly verklempt. All of that exchanging of ideas took place on a left-wing university campus. What a concept.
- Hey, I’m old enough to remember when that sort of exchange of ideas and exercising of free speech on a left-wing college campus wasn’t headline news. Things change.
Just another day in campus leftism is destroying America America.
That is all.
Photo credit: The Patriot Post