As temperatures dropped well below freezing in the Northeast U.S. around Christmas, Bloomberg reported that in New England, natural gas spot prices rose more than threefold to the highest in over three years and “turned the region into the world’s priciest market,” with gas for next-day delivery on Enbridge’s Algonquin system settling at $35.35 per million British thermal units.
A few days later, the spot prices in New England had fallen back to $19.75, as reported by MassLive.
When one considers that the NYMEX price for natural gas on that day was sitting at a few cents above $3/mmbtu, that’s some pretty pricey gas that New Englanders were paying for. Back in the “old days,” i.e., before the advent of the production of natural gas from shale formations, a winter event like this, combined with a storage level that is well within the 5-year range, would have sent that NYMEX price up dramatically, where it would have lingered until things warmed up. But in today’s world, that price represented a rise of barely 10%.
So what, you might ask, is going on in New England? As MassLive reported, the biggest reason for what will be a short-term blowout in natural gas prices for power providers is a lack of pipeline capacity.
Read The Rest Here
- The people of Atlanta did the smart thing today with their decrepit, run-down old domed football stadium: They imploded it. Hopefully, this will serve as an object lesson to the people of Houston, who keep spending millions of dollars on goofy schemes to turn the Astrodome into a parking lot or a hotel or a park. Stop the madness, people!
- Hey, y’all, Oakland Raiders running back Marshawn Lynch actually stood for the national anthem on Sunday! Wait, what’s that? The game was played in Mexico City and it was the Mexican national anthem? He stood for that after sitting on the bench while the Star Spangled Banner was played? Is Marshawn Lynch a Mexican citizen? No? Well, did Mexico do something to help him become the fabulously wealthy ignoramus he is today? No? I’m so confused. Let’s move on.
- Ok, but there is good news today: Charles Manson finally died. So that’s something. The only shame of it is that he got to live to the ripe old age of 83 before it happened. Better late than never.
- He isn’t resigning his senate seat over his sexual harassment scandal, but I’m sure you ladies will all be thrilled to know that Al Franken is promising to do “a lot of reflecting” – according to his spokesman – over the holidays. Because, you know, if he can just lay low and “reflect” for the next week or so, he’s hoping this will all have blown over. And given that he’s a Democrat, and his buddies at all our fake news media outlets are going to coordinate efforts and talking points with him, he might succeed.
- Why are any random gatherings of Democrats inevitably such cesspits of sexual harassment? – A woman in New York is charging that Governor Andrew Cuomo looked the other way as one of his employees sexually intimidated and harassed her for years:
- “In a shocking Manhattan federal court lawsuit filed Saturday, Lisa Marie Cater alleges former Empire State Development Corp. regional president William “Sam” Hoyt got her a job at the DMV and then leveraged it to “manipulate, sexually harass and sexually assault” her.The bombshell complaint — which names Cuomo and Hoyt as defendants — says Cater contacted Cuomo’s office no less than six times but met “deliberate indifference.”
- In all seriousness, we now have so many sexual harassment charges popping up against Democrat officeholders and Democrat supporters in Hollywood on a daily basis that it has become impossible to keep up with. Yes, the fake news media is myopically focused on the allegations against Republican senate candidate Roy Moore, but he is without question the exception to the emerging rule that sexual harassment of women, much like voter fraud, is almost solely the province of liberal Democrats.
- What is it in the liberal male mind that makes them think it’s OK to abuse women? Do they think that, because they put up the public pretense of supporting “women’s issues” like abortion on demand that that somehow gives them a get out of jail free card when they try to force themselves on the nearest person wearing a skirt?
- Well, maybe they do. What is it about the liberal women who enable this kind of behavior in liberal men? Hillary Clinton has spent decades handling her husband’s myriad “bimbo eruptions”, brutally attacking any woman who charged him with abuse. When the Monica Lewinsky scandal erupted, Gloria Steinem famously penned a NY Times op/ed piece in support of the abuser, not of the women who wanted to be believed. Why? Because, as Steinem admitted directly in her piece, Clinton was “right” on the issues.
- That was 20 years ago, but this enabling behavior continues in liberal women today. Over this past weekend, we had the spectacle of the liberal nitwit celebrity Lena Dunham, who has spent the last decade shrieking (she always seems to be shrieking) that women who accuse men of this behavior must be believed, writing a letter in support of the man, when a writer for her TV show happened to be the one accused of harassment. See, the woman must be believed, unless the woman is accusing someone Lena Dunham likes.
- And then there are all these women in the fake news media who have been making up excuses for Al Franken’s horrid behavior over the last several days, because, like Clinton, he’s in favor of killing babies at full term.
- So, what is it in the minds of liberal men who think it’s fine to abuse women, and what is it in the minds of liberal women who want to keep enabling them? Easy: Politics. When you think it through to its logical conclusion, the answer is crystal clear.
Just another day in liberals politicize everything America.
That is all.
Follow me on Twitter at @GDBlackmon
Today’s news moves at a faster pace than ever. is my go-to source for keeping up with all the latest events in real time.