- She hasn’t heard that thing about glass houses.: GOP Senator Joni Ernst told an audience on Wednesday that President Trump’s frequent trips to his Mar-a-Lago residence in Florida bother not only her, but other members of the Republican caucus. “I do wish he would spend more time in Washington, D.C. That’s what we have the White House for.” It should be noted that Sen. Ernst said this as she and her fellow members of the do-nothing congress are in the midst of the least-deserved 2-week vacation in American history, and also in the midst of a month in which congress is only in session for 8 days. But hey, they’re working 12 days in May, so that makes it all better. One would think that, as a colonel in the U.S. Army, Ms. Ernst would possess a keener sense of self-awareness.
- The other 11% was Fox News.: The Media Research Center published a report showing that 89% of the fake news media coverage of President Trump thus far has been negative in nature. Frankly, I’m surprised it is that low.
- Speaking of media coverage, you won’t be getting it from Bill O’Reilly anymore. Mr. O’Reilly was jettisoned by Fox News on Wednesday due to an array of sexual harassment allegations against him. Mr. O’Reilly denies the charges, and claims that he has chosen to pay out more than $13 million in settlements of similar claims in the past simply to buy peace. Whatever. If he is innocent, then shame on Fox News. If he’s guilty then shame on him, and good riddance. And for the rest of us, men and women alike, if you still haven’t figured in the year 2017 that that kind of boorish behavior has no place in your work place, then you need to be gone as well. It really is that simple.
- She should be placed on the Endangered Species List.: Noted feminist writer Camile Paglia, one of the few honest left-wing leaders in the world today, told an audience at a NYTimes-sponsored panel discussion that President Trump is on his way to being re-elected already, and that “the Democrats have overplayed their hand.” Interestingly, she repeatedly referred to the Democrat Party and the fake news media as a single, unified entity in her remarks, which are linked here. Like I said, she’s honest.
- They just can’t help themselves. Faking the news is in their genes.: Speaking of the fake NYTimes, its fake editors chose to fake up a photo comparison between the New England Patriots’ attendance at a 2015 celebratory meeting with then-President Obama and yesterday’s attendance by the team and staff with President Trump. They did this only because 2017 photo appeared to show much smaller attendance. But the Patriot organization itself corrected the error, tweeting that “These photos lack context. Facts: In 2015, over 40 football staff were on the stairs. In 2017, they were seated on the South Lawn.” Those seated on the South Lawn do not show up in the 2017 photo. #Fakenews, defined, by the fake newspaper of record.
- If you like your #fakenews early, tune in to CBS.: But the NY Times is far, far from the only reliable source of unreliable, fake news. Heat Street reveals that CBS Morning News fake host Gayle King, who gave Barack Obama a stream of softball interviews over the last 8 years, has spent recent days vacationing with the Obamas in French Polynesia. FYI, it will be a cold day in hell when Gayle King is caught vacationing with anyone named Trump.
Just another day in Fake News Media America.
That is all.
- Say it ain’t so, Joe!: Your author is officially in mourning this morning, because the CalExit movement is dead. Yes, friends, the noble effort to free our country from the state that sends an unending stream of nitwits to infest the U.S. Congress is no more. The plug was pulled by organizers on Monday because it was revealed that the founder of the movement, some guy named Louis Marinelli, actually lives in…wait for it…RUSSIA!!!!! I swear I don’t make this stuff up. If I could make stuff like this up, I would be a fabulously wealthy novelist.
- A mind is a terrible thing to lose.: Speaking of nitwit members of congress from the Golden State, California congresswoman Maxine Waters told a fake interviewer with MSNBC that she had never called for the impeachment of President Donald Trump. That statement came just a day after she had promised an audience during a speech that she will do everything she can to impeach the President, and just moments after she had issued a Tweet that said “The President is a liar, his actions are contemptible, & I’m going to fight everyday until he’s impeached.” Again, I swear I don’t make this stuff up.
- I mean, like, it paid for my million dollar wedding, so it’s like, totally awesome.: Chelsea Clinton, the dimwitted daughter of The Most Corrupt Woman in America, told an interviewer that people “just don’t understand” how fabulous the Clinton Foundation really is. She also said she is “definitely not interested” in running for political office, so she’s got that traditional Clinton bald-faced lying tactic down to a T.
- This either does or doesn’t explain a lot.: Netflix announced that, from 2015 through early this year, its users had spent more than 500 million hours streaming films starring Adam Sandler. Every political observer from all corners of the ideological spectrum believes this explains what is wrong with those on the other side.
- Yes, it’s a side benefit of mass starvation.: A British former Olympian and candidate for Parliament told an interviewer that regardless of what else one thinks about North Korea, they really have got a “handle” on that whole obesity thing. He later apologized on Twitter.
- Can’t wait to see what Maxine Waters does with this one.: Don’t look now, but the Democrat Party has obviously obtained polling data that indicates they can gain votes from Millenials by cussing. And so we are now treated to the spectacle of Democrat members of congress and party leaders going around the country cussing at their audiences. Yesterday, Democrat National Committee Chairman Tom Perez told his audience that “Republicans don’t give a sh*t about people,” and “[Republicans] call it a skinny budget, I call it a sh*tty budget.” God help us if the Democrats ever obtain polling data that says they can attract pervert voters by campaigning in the nude. Nobody needs to see Chuck Schumer implementing that particular tactic.
Just another day in Democrat ****ing America.
That is all.
Hey, guess what? There’s a bunch of natural gas out there along the Texas and Louisiana Gulf Coast!
That’s what the US Geological Survey (USGS) announced on April 13, with its assessment that the combined Haynesville and Bossier shales, sandstones and carbonates contain a gigantic volume of natural gas, which the USGS estimates at a total of 304 trillion cubic feet (tcf) in place. That represents enough natural gas to supply country’s entire demand for natural gas for about 12 years, just from two formations, and it represents a 330% increase over the agency’s 2010 resource estimate.
As USGS noted, the formations also contain a very large volume of oil and natural gas liquids:
The Bossier and Haynesville Formations of the onshore and State waters portion of the U.S. Gulf Coast contain estimated means of 4.0 billion barrels of oil, 304.4 trillion cubic feet of natural gas, and 1.9 billion barrels of natural gas liquids, according to updated assessments by the U.S. Geological Survey. These estimates, the largest continuous natural gas assessment USGS has yet conducted, include petroleum in both conventional and continuous accumulations, and consist of undiscovered, technically recoverable resources.
The updated estimate is a part of an ongoing USGS program to re-visit many of the largest oil and gas producing basins in the country, in order to create a more accurate picture of the resource available for the nation’s use as we move into the future. The agency previously released an updated estimate of oil contained in the Wolfcamp formation in the Permian Basin, which I analyzed last November. This is an important exercise designed to better inform public policy decisions related to energy, especially given the amount of ridiculous mis-information that gets into the media every day, such as the always-present but never correct “peak oil” and “peak gas” theories.
Read The Rest Here
- The Obama legacy in action.: Multiple videos have emerged on social websites that show Berkeley cops standing around doing nothing as violent clashes broke out over the weekend between Trump supporters and radical leftwing agitators on the Cal Berkeley campus. In one, a policeman who is asked why he and his partner aren’t doing anything answers that he was told by his boss to stand down. Makes sense. After all, why would Democrats want to interfere with a riot funded by the same people who funded their last election campaign?
- Nate Silver will give him a 95% chance of winning after he loses.: So, there’s a special election in Georgia today to see who will fill the seat congressional seat vacated by Health and Human Resources Secretary Tom Price. Democrats are all excited because the single D in the race has seen support as high as 40% in the public opinion polls taken in the race. Meanwhile, the other 60% is being split between the dozen GOP candidates in what has been a traditionally Republican district. Naturally, the fake news media is pretending that the Democrat is going to “win”. He isn’t. He’s going to get about 40% of the vote – probably less, if the normal bias in the polls materializes here – and then have to face the highest Republican vote-getter in a runoff election in June, an election the Republican candidate will easily win. The news frenzy you’ve seen surrounding this race is #fakenews, defined.
- Polls show nobody cares. CNN suddenly doesn’t care about polls.: While the North Korea situation was coming to a boiling point, a key special election was taking place in Georgia, and with all manner of other huge issues facing the country and the world, the fake journalists at CNN spent the entire day wondering why President Trump doesn’t release his tax returns. Nobody cares about this issue, which helps to explain why nobody watches CNN anymore.
- The Crazy Little Fat Prince of Futile Gestures.: The crazy little fat guy who runs North Korea promised to hold a “weekly missile launch” in defiance of President Trump and the United States. The United States was mum on whether it would hold a “weekly missile cyber-crash” in response.
- They would have identified Charles Manson as a “charsimatic leader and a philosopher.”: The fake editors at the NY Times opened their fake newspaper’s fake editorial page up to a real radical Islamic terrorist, Marwan Barghouti. Barghouti is serving five consecutive life sentences in Israeli prison for mass murder. The editors of the fake newspaper of record chose to identify him only as “a Palestinian leader and a parliamentarian.” #Fakenews, defined.
- Racists and feminists everywhere are confused.: The web-based publication Everyday Feminism published a piece by someone named Emily Zak, who contends that going to national parks is a ‘racist’ activity, and that everyone should cut it out. I swear I don’t make this stuff up. Here’s the link: Outdoor Recreation Isn’t Free – Why We Need to Stop Pretending It Is.
- It’s always uncomfortable when progressives are caught expressing their true feelings.: A meeting of Maine Democrats was caught on video cheering and laughing when their speaker mentions the fact that suicide among white men in America is on the rise in recent years. I swear I don’t make this stuff up. Here’s the link: Are You A White Man? Is It Funny When You Die?
Just another day in fake news media America.
That is all.
- Hmmmm…lessee here…should we vacation in Hawaii, or North Korea? Costa Rica, or North Korea? Italy, or North Korea? An Alaskan cruise, or North Korea? Vegas, or hey honey, how about North Korea? Boy, this is hard…: The UK Independent reports that a North Korean defector, who claims to have been a corporal in the NK Army, says that The Crazy Little Fat Guy who rules that country has a plan to kidnap tourists if his country is attacked. Seriously? Tourists? We have people who take vacations to that porta-potty of a country? Voluntarily? Who are these people, and should we really be worried about them if they have no better judgment than that? Holy cow.
- Hey, doc. See, I have this, uh, issue, when, you know, I’m…well, I’m trying to, you know…and well, I think I need some…ummm…well, you know what I’m saying here, right?: Speaking of The Crazy Little Fat Guy, his missile program continues its pattern of projectile dysfunction. His much-heralded test launch of an intermediate-range ballistic missile exploded less than five seconds after leaving the launch pad. Deputy National Security Advisor K.T. McFarland was evasive about whether the U.S. government may have had something to do with this latest failure to launch when questioned by Chris Wallace on Fox News Sunday.
- Here at United Airlines, our employees are committed to mishandling any incident in a way that creates maximum reputational damage.: In yet another customer service fiasco, a couple traveling to Costa Rica were kicked off their flight in Houston when they attempted to change seats on a half-empty flight. The couple claims that, when they found their designated seats occupied by a barefooted guy sleeping across the entire row, they decided that, rather than waking him, they would take seats a few rows forward on the plane. Turns out that they had only paid economy fare, and those seats happened to be “economy plus” seats that give you four additional inches of leg room. United charges you a princely sum for those extra four inches, and the couple claims that within two minutes of moving to their new, pricier seats, air marshals showed up and removed the couple from the flight without explanation. For its part, United claims the couple repeatedly ignored the crew’s instructions to move back to economy class, and were disruptive, which sounds like the more realistic scenario. But that doesn’t matter, because the fake news media is reporting the story from the couple’s perspective. The whole point here is that United has to find a way to stop kicking paying customers off its flights and bringing this kind of fire into its own position.
- It would be America’s first “tell-nothing” book.: Long-time companion to The Most Corrupt Woman In America and wife of America’s Most Wanted Pervert, Huma Abedin, is shopping what she’s calling a “tell-all” book to publishers. She’s looking for a $2 million advance to “spill her secrets”. Of course, this is just another Clintonian racket, as Ms. Abedin is still hanging around with Hillary, which means every word in any such book would be vetted, polled and focus-grouped by the Clinton minions. Which of course means that anything that’s actually true would be rejected. Good luck with that.
- Um, well, seems like you might have wanted to figure this out BEFORE you published the piece.: This may be the greatest fake news media story ever. Late last week, the fake editors at the Huffington Post fake news site gave the green light to a guest opinion piece titled “Could It Be Time To Deny White Men The Franchise?” As one might guess, a piece proposing to deny the vote to white men (seriously, how racist and sexist can one be?) in America generated a great deal of controversy, but the HuffPo fake editors held firm and even publicly defended the piece and its author. But then, on Sunday, the piece was removed from the HuffPo site. The fake Huffpo editors did release a statement that hilariously reads, in part “We have done this because the blog submission from an individual who called herself Shelley Garland, who claimed to be an MA student at UCT, cannot be traced and appears not to exist.” #Fakenews, defined.
Just another Easter weekend in fake news America.
That is all.
- Happy Tax Day! Oh, wait, that’s Monday. No, wait, Monday’s a holiday for people in Washington DC for some reason (I don’t care what it is, so don’t tell me), so Tax Day is actually next Tuesday. That gives me three more full days to file my annual 6-month extension of time to file. Cool!
- Liawatha prepping to go on warpath.: Elizabeth Warren, the Fake Indian Senator from Massachusetts, is releasing a book. Aren’t you thrilled? The theme of the book is basically, “Why I didn’t run for president in 2016.” Which means the fake Indian, without any question at all, is going to run for president in 2020. Notably, pre-sales for the book have been dismal, which could be a reflection of her current polling numbers in her home state. Hey, maybe even in Massachusetts, one can only run a very public fraud for so long.
- Who, me? Oh, pshaw.: Meanwhile, UN Ambassador Nikki Haley told an interviewer that she “can’t imagine running for president.” That means she is definitely running for president whenever the chance presents itself, and given the way she’s doing her job at the UN, that would probably not be a bad thing.
- It’s not our job to tell both sides…well, unless we agree with the liar.: ABC’s fake journalist and life-long Clinton sycophant George Stephanopolous, in a panel discussion on Friday, said it is not the fake news media’s job to report both sides of a story, and that it should in fact silence anyone who does not “accept reality.” Interestingly, he was not asked by the moderator why, given his belief, he spent years as the press spokesman for the nation’s first pathologically lying sociopath president. Nor was he asked why he didn’t act to silence Susan Rice when she spent half an hour on his Sunday morning fake news show in September 2012 blaming the assault on the U.S. embassy in Benghazi on an Internet video. Nor was he asked why he didn’t act to silence Barack Obama when he claimed his administration didn’t spy on fake journalists just like him. Nor was he asked why he didn’t act to silence Hillary Clinton when she claimed she didn’t know anything about the illegal email server she used for four years. Funny how these panel discussions work.
- Is this kind of content really why people subscribe to the Financial Times?: Unendingly obnoxious minor celebrity Lena Dunham told an interviewer with the Financial Times that Hillary Clinton’s loss was “heartbreaking” for her. I know, I know, you’re as sick of hearing about Lena Dunham’s bed-wetting over the election outcome as I am. But this blurb just made me think, why in the hell is the Financial Times interviewing Lena Dunham? Seriously.
- Here at Wellesley, the beatings will continue until you love us.: The student newspaper at Wellesley College came right out and admitted the truth about its fascist goals, publishing an op-ed that advocates violence against those who don’t conform to whatever the school’s progressive/fascist majority believes. “[I]f people are given the resources to learn and either continue to speak hate speech or refuse to adapt their beliefs, then hostility may be warranted,” the piece said. Funny, that’s sort of how I feel about anyone who still thinks Hillary Clinton isn’t a pathologically lying scumbag. It’s the progressive/fascist in me coming out, I guess.
Just another Good Friday in Trump Derangement Syndrome America.
That is all.
Illustration Credit: Fireandreamitchell.com
In this edition of The Heartland Daily Podcast, Forbes columnist David Blackmon joins research fellow Isaac Orr to discuss how the environmental echo chamber distorts the facts of pipelines for their own financial gain.
Listen to the Podcast Here
- In entertainment news: Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner have announced they are getting a divorce. Man, am I out of touch. I though that had happened years ago, about the time when she started making those very odd credit card commercials. I have got to quit looking at the covers of all those tabloids while waiting in the checkout line at Kroger.
- In sports news: Eli Manning is being accused of fraud, after the unmasking of some of his emails revealed him asking trainers to get him “Two helmets that can pass for game-used. That is it.” Anyone who is surprise by this, and thinks that faking game-used uniforms and equipment is not a widespread practice among professional athletes needs to quit spending tons of money on sports collectibles.
- In United Airlines news: A man on a United flight traveling from Houston to Calgary was stung by a scorpion which dropped onto his shoulder from the overhead luggage bin. United CEO Oscar Munoz first issued a statement saying that the scorpion had done everything right; a second statement saying that the scorpion had displaced a piece of luggage at the last minute because it had to be relocated to Calgary so it could get on another United flight and sting somebody else; and then finally apologized in his third statement of the day. (Ok, just kidding, but you wouldn’t have been surprised if he had said all of that, now, would you?)
- In Jeff Bezos news: Mr. Bezos, founder of Amazon, owner of the WaPo fake newspaper, and founder of Blue Origins, a proposed private space travel line, announced that there will be no bathrooms or barf bags on Blue Origins flights, should they ever actually get off the ground. So if passengers need to pee, poop or puke, they are on their own. So it will be a lot like flying on United Airlines.
- In Big Bomb news: That very loud explosion you heard was not the sound of fake journalists’ heads exploding over something President Trump had said. It was the sound of the largest non-nuclear bomb ever used in combat, the 11-ton MOAB (Mother of All Bombs) that the U.S. military dropped on a network of caves in Afghanistan that ISIS has been using as hiding places. The military’s post-action report says that 36 ISIS derelicts were killed. How they know this exact number, I have no idea, but I figure it’s safest not to ask.
- In Progressives’ Trump/Russia Collusion Fantasy news: CIA Director Mike Pompeo yesterday called Julian Assange and his WikiLeaks operation a “non-state hostile intelligence service often abetted by state actors like Russia.” Immediately after the Director issued his statement, fake journalists across the fake news media scurried off to get to work on a rationale to spin this into proof that President Trump and Vladimir Putin are BFFs. Film at 11.
- Finally, I wrote the basics of this piece 18 months ago, but it was about Trump: The New York Sun published a piece by Ira Stoll, in which he posits that Mitch McConnell has shown Republicans the light in the manner in which he managed the ultimate filling of the Antonin Scalia seat on the Supreme Court with Neil Gorsuch. By refusing to give Barack Obama’s nominee, Merrick Garland, a hearing, and then being willing to use the “nuclear option” to get Gorsuch confirmed, all in the face of a very predictably withering assault by the fake news media, McConnell proved that the GOP can enact its priorities if it just stops giving a damn what the fake news media has to say. For those who missed it all, this is the essence of how Donald Trump got elected to the presidency, and how he has already become a very, very consequential president in just over 80 days in office. I keep hoping that, someday, somehow, Speaker Ryan and the rest of the congressional Republicans will figure out that the public trusts the fake news media even less than it trusts congress at this point. Just go about your work, get the job done, and quit worrying about what MSNBC or CNN say about you, because nobody who matters really cares.
Just another day in slow-learning Republicans America.
That is all.
Photo Credit: TMZ.com
- That must have been a hell of a meeting.: China’s military posted a warning on its official website to North Korea not to cross its “bottom line”. A few minutes later, the warning was mysteriously taken down. Too late – it had already been screen-grabbed by many enterprising souls, and is now making the rounds across the web. This warning comes in the wake of Chinese President Xi Jinping’s meeting over the weekend with President Donald Trump. Earlier in the week, China turned away three North Korean coal ships from their ports, a huge development since coal is the main export from North Korea to China. Meanwhile, there are reports that key NK government leaders have fled Pyongyang, the nation’s capital, and are holing themselves up in bunkers. The crazy little fat guy is getting nervous.
- President Trump said on Wednesday that U.S.-Russia relations may be “at an all-time low.” Fake journalists across the fake news media spun that statement into an admission that Vladimir Putin is Trump’s bestest buddy ever. Film at 11.
- She thinks MSNBC is just too darn conservative.: Former Clinton advisor Jennifer Palmieri, in a discussion panel in Washington DC yesterday, made the hilarious claim that the fake news media is “much harder” on Democrats than Republicans, and was highly biased AGAINST The Most Corrupt Woman in America during the campaign. No word if Ms. Palmieri also believes that up is down, black is white, that there really is an alien mother ship deep beneath the ice in Antarctica, or that Colonel Sanders is still alive and partnering with the Illuminati to dominate the globe, but it seems likely.
- Of course, they also feel unsafe watching re-runs of “Gilligan’s Island.”: With Vice President Mike Pence scheduled to deliver Notre Dame’s commencement speech on May 21, some of the university’s snowflakes are feeling “unsafe”. So two of these pitiful creatures have started a cute campaign complete with a fancy hashtag called #notmycommencementspeaker. “For me personally, [Pence] represents the larger Trump administration,” One of the lead snowflakes told the university’s newspaper. “His administration represents something, and for many people on our campus, it makes them feel unsafe to have someone who openly is offensive but also demeaning of their humanity and of their life and of their identity.” How did these people ever make their way past pacifiers and diapers? If I or any my friends had behaved this way when we were in college, we’d have gotten our butts kicked, and deservedly so.
- What could possibly go wrong? Oh, wait…: HUD Secretary Ben Carson visited a public housing project in Miami as a part of his nationwide listening tour, and immediately got stuck in a malfunctioning elevator for 20 minutes. Hard to believe an elevator built by the federal government doesn’t work properly, isn’t it?
- Tired of winning yet?: After the Obama Administration ignored the case for six years, a joint U.S.-Mexico task force yesterday arrested the main suspect in the 2010 killing of Border Control Agent Brian Terry. For those unfamiliar with this case, Agent Terry’s murder led to the exposure of Obama’s “Fast and Furious” operation, in which the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms sold guns to known Mexican criminals in Phoenix with the alleged intention of tracking them down once they went back into Mexico. Mr. Terry was murdered during one of those tracking operations. The Obama Administration was intent upon covering up “Fast and Furious” and everything surrounding it, and it basically covered up the Terry killing as well. And so another Obama disgrace gets resolved in the first 90 days of the Trump Administration.
Just another day in not-so-fast-and-furious America.
That is all.
Photo Credit: Fox News Channel