- Tired of all this Losing yet? – The Dow dumped 665 points on Friday, as fears that the rapidly growing economy will create a new round of inflation. For the week, the Dow was off almost 1,000 points, giving up the majority of the gains made during January. If you’re going to have economic problems, issues like this one related to a rapidly growing economy beat the heck out of issues related to a stagnant one, like we experienced from 2008 through 2016, but still, it’s a problem.
- Tired of all this Winning yet? Part I – Meanwhile, the Labor Department’s jobs report for January beat expectations again, coming in at 200,000 jobs added as compared to the expectation of 180,000. The unemployment rate remained at an amazingly low 4.1%, as close to full employment as the U.S. economy has experienced in modern times.
- Tired of all this Winning yet? Part II – And all those working people are making more money, for a change. Average wages rose by right at 3% as compared to a year earlier, the biggest increase since 2009. Somewhere, Barack Obama, who spent 8 years blaming his sorry economic performance on George W. Bush, is working to find a way to take credit for something, at long last. Too bad, that party’s over, pal.
- In a wide-ranging and compelling interview with Fox’s Bret Baier during yesterday’s Fox News Report, House Intelligence Chairman Devin Nunes dropped another bomb, telling Baier that the memo on FISA abuse released yesterday was just the tip of the iceberg that is coming from his Committee’s investigations over the last year. In the middle of an answer addressing that claim, he almost casually said that “This is just the first memo. There will be another one dealing specifically with the State Department’s role in all of this. That investigation is ongoing and we continue work towards finding answers and asking the right questions to try to get to the bottom of what exactly the State Department was up to in terms of this Russia investigation.”
- Wait, what? The State Department was also a participant in the Obama plans to smear Donald Trump and fix the 2016 elections? We knew about Susan Rice, we knew about UN Ambassador Samantha Power, but this was the first most had heard about John Kerry’s State Department being involved in the conspiracy. Baier didn’t seem to grasp the significance of that little cruise missile, and moved onto another question, so we are left awaiting more details on this angle, but somewhere John Kerry is still trying to pry his gigantic jaw off the floor.
- Meanwhile, the Democrats and their slaves in the fake news media are very predictably attacking Nunes, using the Saul Alinsky tactic of personalizing the matter by creating a boogeyman. One claim they’re making is that Nunes intentionally misrepresented the testimony of James Comey and Andrew McCabe in the memo.
- Their claim related to Comey is that where the memo states that Comey referred in testimony to the committee that the fake Trump dossier was “salacious and unverified,” Comey in fact said that “certain parts” of the memo were of that ilk. This is a meaningless distinction, a literal picking at nits since the salient question here is really whether or not the DOJ and FBI officials, in seeking their FISA warrant, informed the court that all or part of the fake dossier was “salacious and unverified.” The answer to that question, according to the memo, is an unqualifed ‘no’, and no Democrats or fake reporters are challenging that reality.
- Where McCabe’s testimony is concerned, the Democrat/fake media complex is challenging the claim in the memo that McCabe told the committee that “no surveillance warrant would have been sought” were it not for the possession by the FBI of the fake dossier. This claim comes mainly from the notorious liar/leaker Adam Schiff, who has been caught in more lies about this memo and the process around it than a 9 year-old pick-pocket, so it is automatically suspect. But this dispute is very easily resolved: Just release the transcript of McCabe’s testimony to the public. This is not hard.
- All of these criticisms of the memo can be resolved by releasing all of the underlying documentation upon which it is based. You can bet the Democrats will fight tooth and nail to keep that transcript secret, no doubt with the FBI’s help. When you see that happening, you know who is lying.
Just another day in panicking weasels and liars America.
That is all.
Follow me on Twitter at @GDBlackmon
Today’s news moves at a faster pace than ever. Whatfinger.com is my go-to source for keeping up with all the latest events in real time.