- It’s Groundhog Day, and Fox News is reporting that Punxsatawney Phil has a record of being right 39% of the time. Which, given the track record I’ve seen from the TV weather people in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, must mean the groundhog is twice as accurate at predicting the weather as certified professional meteorologists.
- Tired of all this Winning yet? Part I – Former Deep State FBI Director James Comey continues to make a damn fool of himself on Twitter, which is always a #Winning situation. On Thursday, in apparent reaction to CNN’s fake story about current FBI Director Christopher Wray’s alleged threat to resign over the release of the FISA Abuse Memo, Comey tweeted “All should appreciate the FBI speaking up. I wish more of our leaders would. But take heart: American history shows that, in the long run, weasels and liars never hold the field, so long as good people stand up. Not a lot of schools or streets named for Joe McCarthy.” Funny, I’m pretty sure I never have and never will drive my car on any street named Comey Avenue. Go figure.
- Tired of all this Winning yet? Part II – As for Comey’s remark about “weasels and liars holding the field,” here is the list of FBI and DOJ Deep State Cabal participants who have been fired or reassigned to menial jobs awaiting prosecution just since November: Associate Deputy AG Bruce Ohr, demoted twice; FBI Agent Peter Strzok, reassigned to a pencil pushing job in Human Resources; FBI General Counsel James Baker, reassigned to a minor role; FBI Chief of Staff James Ribycki, fired; FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe, “removed”. Others, like Nellie Ohr and Lisa Page and Rod Rosenstein, have been clearly identified to the public, and have nowhere to hide as the tide of justice slowly rolls in their direction.
- And of course, Comey himself preceded them all, having been fired by President Trump personally last May. This is the swamp-draining that has already taken place at DOJ and FBI even before the release of the FISA Memo, and before the release of the DOJ Inspector General James Horowitz’s final report on his year-long investigation into corruption within the department and bureau. The “good people” at the Justice Department are indeed standing up, and the “weasels and liars” of the DC Deep State are losing their spots on the playing field pretty rapidly, and we’re just getting started here.
- The 68 year-old son of Fidel Castro, Fidel Castro Diaz Balart, committed suicide on Thursday. So, the “weasels and liars” are going down in Cuba, too. In contrast to Comey, there probably already are streets named after Diaz Balart.
- But here’s some news Comey will love: The disgraceful, spineless fake Republican Senator from Arizona, Jeff Flake, announced he was opposed to releasing the FISA Memo Thursday afternoon. You really didn’t even need to say it, Senator – everyone already knew you’d flake out when the Democrats and fake news media ramped up the pressure.
- Other than Flake, though, Republicans remained firm in their support for getting the memo out to the American public. Man, when even Lindsey Graham and Susan Collins are showing some spine, you know it’s the right thing to do.
- Meanwhile, any speculation about President Trump losing his nerve on the matter was killed as I wrote this piece early Friday morning, as Mr. Trump issued the following tweet: “The top Leadership and Investigators of the FBI and the Justice Department have politicized the sacred investigative process in favor of Democrats and against Republicans – something which would have been unthinkable just a short time ago. Rank & File are great people!”
- So, if Director Wray really is the pedantic drama queen CNN wants us all to believe he is, that tweet is his opening to shoot that letter of resignation over to the White House. One thing I learned very early in my professional career is that it is a huge mistake for any person to think he is indispensable to any organization. There are plenty of highly qualified individuals who would jump at the chance to take that job. Trey Gowdy, for example, is looking for a new challenge in life.
Just another day in removing the weasels and liars America.
That is all.
Follow me on Twitter at @GDBlackmon
Today’s news moves at a faster pace than ever. Whatfinger.com is my go-to source for keeping up with all the latest events in real time.