- Tired of all this Winning yet? Part I – A CBS flash poll shows that 75% of viewers were happy with President Trump’s State of the Union Address. This included 97% of Republicans, 72% of Independents and – wait for it – 43% of Democrats. 43%! That hamster that was running around inside Nancy Pelosi’s mouth during the speech had babies when it saw that number.
- Tired of all this Winning yet? Part II – The Moody’s measure of private sector job growth showed that private sector payrolls added 234,000 jobs in January, well above the expectation of 185,000. The government’s measure, which always seems to be artificially low before being revised upwards in this administration (thanks, Obama holdovers), will be released on Friday.
- The White House issued a statement late Wednesday indicating that the much-awaited FISA Abuse Memo from the House Intelligence Committee will “likely” be released Thursday afternoon. We’ll have to wait and see if the FBI, through its deep state shenanigans, has been able to convince the President to change or redact any parts of the original memo. One thing is for sure: With AMTRAK trains carrying GOP members of congress on their way to a caucus retreat suddenly being plowed into by dump trucks (when was the last time something like that happened?), the President needs to get this thing out into the open before more people start dying. I’m only kind of joking there. Seriously, when was the last time a dump truck ran into an AMTRAK train?
- Speaking of that memo, bug-eyed California Congressman Adam Schiff issued a tweet last night in which he alleges that Committee Chairman Devin Nunes made “material changes” to the memo he sent over to the White House. Thus, according to Schiff, a notorious liar and leaker, the memo the White House is reviewing differs materially from the version that was voted out of committee. Schiff claims that that the changes to the memo would now require another vote by the committee. This could be real, this could be just another Schiff lie – as of this writing there is no way to know. What we do know is that President Trump has the authority to release whatever version of the memo is in his possession, and he needs to just go ahead and do it.
- Today’s fake news media/Democrat coordinated distraction story alleges that White House Communications Director Hope Hicks conspired to withhold Donald Trump Jr.’s emails related to his infamous 20 minute meeting with some Russians at Trump Tower in late 2016. The problem with this ridiculous bit of deep state-generated nonsense is that these are the very same emails that Don Jr. quickly decided to just release himself, with no consultation with the White House at all. But the fake media gonna do the deep state’s bidding, and there’s no stopping it.
- Hey, remember all that talk about how 2018 was going to produce a “blue wave”, a Democrat sweep that would lead to the Democrats to re-take control of congress and sweep into the Governor’s mansions in a dozen states? Remember that all that bold talk was based on a raft of generic congressional party preference polls that had the Democrats holding double-digit leads over the Republicans? Remember how I told you to ignore all that nonsense because those polls would quickly change as soon as the tax cuts go into effect and people start getting bigger paychecks and realize that they’d been lied to by the fake news media and the Democrats?
- Yeah, that’s all happening now, even before the new withholding tables go into effect on February 1. Throughout January, we’ve already seen half a dozen new generic preference polls that had the Democrat lead dropping down to the 5-7 percent range. Then yesterday, Monmouth University released its new poll, which was taken before the President’s highly-praised State of the Union Address, and yet another fake news media/Democrat-generated fantasy world fully collapsed.
- This new Monmouth poll, a poll that showed the Democrats with a massive 15 point lead just a month earlier, now has it a dead heat, with the Democrats holding only a 47-45 edge over the GOP. That is well within the poll’s margin of error of 3.5 percentage points. Remember, this collapse of the Democrats’ fantasy advantage comes before the impacts of the new tax rates on people’s pocketbooks are even going into effect.
- It’s a long way to November, and lots of stuff can and will happen between now and then. But the possibility of any sort of “Blue Wave” taking place on election day is decidedly dim at this point. If anything, the Republicans would gain several senate seats if the voting were done today, and easily hold onto their majority in the House.
- Even 15 months down the road from their 2016 election disaster, the Democrats remain a party in complete disarray. They have no plan for making the country better, no policy agenda other than “we hate Trump”, and no party leaders who are in any real way attractive and compelling to the American public.
- The Democrat Party is a marginal, regional political party massed mainly along the East and West Coasts, and in several big city pockets in “flyover country”, and will very likely retain that status after the 2018 mid-term elections have come and gone. We’ll still see talk of this “blue wave” fantasy between now and November, but fantasies made up by the Democrats and their fake news media agents always have a way of running up on the shoals of reality. Just ask Hillary Clinton.
Just another day in dying Blue Wave fantasy America.
That is all.
Follow me on Twitter at @GDBlackmon
Today’s news moves at a faster pace than ever. Whatfinger.com is my go-to source for keeping up with all the latest events in real time.