- Tired of all this Winning yet? – President Donald Trump (I never tire of typing those words) gave a wonderful State of the Union Address Tuesday night. The speech was filled with soaring rhetoric about American unity, American greatness and America’s renewed place of leadership in the world. So naturally the Democrats hated it.
- The speech talked about the creation of 2.4 million new jobs since Trump took office, record low unemployment and the booming stock market. So naturally the Democrats hated it.
- The speech talked about our flag and what it means, the millions of Americans who have sacrificed for it, and why it is important to honor the flag by standing for our national anthem. So naturally the Democrats hated it.
- The speech talked about taking care of America’s veterans, so many of whom continue to return from our military ventures in the Middle East wounded, either physically or mentally, and the President’s ongoing program to reform the Veteran’s Administration in order to make it more responsive to the needs of these brave men and women. So naturally the Democrats hated it.
- The speech talked about the recently-passed tax cuts that will allow more than 90% of U.S. income taxpayers to keep more of the money they, not the government, earned. So naturally the Democrats hated it.
- The speech talked about the Trump Administration’s plans to unleash the nation’s energy industries and how that is already giving our country a new-found edge in international negotiations. So naturally the Democrats hated it.
- On and on and on it went, this speech filled with lofty imagery and easy applause lines for any person who actually cares about America to take advantage of, only to have the TV cameras pan to Democrats sitting on their hands. Nancy Pelosi sat in her seat all night, nervously working her mouth in a constantly in-motion snarl that made it look for all the world as if she’d swallowed a hamster. The Congressional Black Caucus sat on its hands, even as the President pointed to the happy recent reality of an all-time record low recording of Black unemployment, and to an African American family who had lost their daughter to a murder by the illegal alien MS-13 gang. The party of the United Auto Workers could not bring itself to applaud the re-invigoration of the U.S. automotive industry.
- Every time West Virginia Senator Joe Manchin, who is desperate to be re-elected in a state that Trump carried by 30 points, stood up to applaud a line, he looked sheepishly around as if he was expecting to be pelted with eggs by his colleagues. He had good reason for that, since the leering Chuck Schumer, seated only a couple of seats away, could be visibly seen shushing him anytime he decided to clap.
- Making matters even worse for the party of the Ku Klux Klan, the Democrats made the frightful mistake of picking Joseph Kennedy III to deliver their response to the President’s grand speech. There he was, this doppelganger of Conan O’Brien, standing in some industrial facility as if anyone named Kennedy would know something about actual work, with a small crowd of sycophants who had no doubt been paid to be there.
- Kennedy’s speech was, in a word, embarrassing. Embarrassing for him, embarrassing for his family’s grand tradition of great oratory, and in the end, embarrassing for the Democrat Party. The young man has the physical presence of a 12 year-old. He was so obviously nervous he could barely get the words out. The speech itself sounded like something that had been written by a middle schooler participating on a debate team. And none of that even mattered because Kennedy had applied some sort of lip balm in a way that made it look as if he was literally drooling out of both sides of his mouth. It was like a train wreck – impossible to look away.
- Even worse (is that really possible?), Kennedy’s disaster was followed by the incoherent ramblings of Mad Maxine Waters and the communist rantings of Bernie Sanders. This is your Democrat Party, folks, laid bare for all the world to see.
- It was, all in all, a night filled with the worst possible visible imagery for the increasingly seditious Democrat Party, which refused to honor the flag, the national anthem, the pledge of allegiance, returning war heroes, the devastation of ISIS, roaring economic success, and generally putting America first. The Democrats’ sitting on their hand through those easy applause lines will not play well with independent voters, who like to see their elected representatives at least putting up the pretense of love of country.
- In direct contrast to Barack Obama’s speeches that were invariably filled with hundreds of uses of the words “I” and “my”, this was a speech filled with hundreds of uses of the words “we” and “our”. But the Democrats made it very, very clear that their stance is that there is no “we” anymore in America: There is only them and their overwhelming lust to secure and maintain political power.
- In the end, one was left with the overriding surety that there is no dealing with today’s Democrat Party. There will be no great coming together of the national government for the good of the country on immigration, a real federal budget, funding our military, or any of the other pressing matters of the day.
- The Democrats made it crystal clear last night that they cannot and will not be compromised with. Thus, the rest of us are left with the single choice that they must instead be defeated, soundly and in every way, and many of their heroes must be put in prison for the myriad crimes they committed during the Obama years. When any political party overtly rejects love for country and respect for the nation’s laws and institutions, there is no other choice.
Just another day in seditious Democrats America.
That is all.
Follow me on Twitter at @GDBlackmon
Today’s news moves at a faster pace than ever. Whatfinger.com is my go-to source for keeping up with all the latest events in real time.