- Tired of all this Winning yet? – Americans for Tax Reform reports that, with Home Depot and Starbucks joining the party, the list of large companies offering employee bonuses and raises in response to the Trump tax reform has now grown to more than 250. Somewhere, San Fran Nan is having a nervous breakdown about all these “crumbs” being handed out.
- Where in the world is Hillary Clinton? I noted the mysterious absence from public appearances by the Pantsuit Princess a couple of weeks back, but here we are, now 26 days into the new year, and still without a single instance of the Coughing Crook rearing her head in public. In the last 25 years, this is without doubt an unprecedented absence from the media limelight for the Fainting Felon, and we should also note that her partner in crime, Bill, has also been laying mysteriously low during 2018. No idea what this means – could be nothing – but it is very, very odd.
- Oh, noes, not Oprah! – Well, the Oprah Winfrey for President boomlet is over. The billionaire TV personality told a fake interviewer for InStyle Magazine – whatever that is – that running for president “is not in my DNA.” Of course, the truth is that Ms. Winfrey had reportedly been meeting with campaign experts over the last few weeks, and discovered that her carefully constructed billion dollar media facade would take a gigantic hit in any political campaign. Turns out that losing her personal fortune is not in her “DNA”, either.
- The Deep State official fake news distraction story for last night was this atrocity in the NYTimes claiming that President Donald Trump wanted to fire Robert Mueller way back last June. Now, think about that: Maggie Haberman, the DNC slave fake reporter who filed this bit of silliness, expects you all to believe that she has a “source” in the White House that fed her this story, but who sat on it for more than 6 months. Do you believe that? Not if you have firing synapses in your cranial cavity. That obviously eliminates all the Democrats out there, but if you read the Campaign Update, you’re an actual sentient being. So of course you aren’t buying this bit of nonsense from Ms. Haberman.
- In obvious coordinated response to the fake story, the insipid VA Senator Mark Warner told reporters that “Any attempt to remove the Special Counsel, pardon key witnesses, or otherwise interfere in the investigation, would be a gross abuse of power,” which is, of course, utter and complete nonsense, given that any President has an absolute constitutional authority to pardon anyone or fire any executive branch employee for any old reason. But spouting nonsense in response to planted fake NYTimes stories is what Democrats in congress do for a living.
- The White House released a proposed set of immigration reforms on Thursday, which include 1) $25 billion in funding for a border wall and other enhanced security measures, 2) an end to most chain migration, 3) an end to the insane “diversity lottery”, and 4) a very difficult, 12-year “path to citizenship” for 1.8 million “DREAMers” and their spouses/children/parents. Given that everybody – and I do mean everybody – in Washington, DC immediately tossed a gigantic hissy fit, it must be exactly the right compromise on the matter.
- First, the California legislature tried to drive every business out of their state. Now, to punish the restaurants that insist on staying in business, they’re going after the waiters. No kidding, the CA speaker of the House has proposed a bill that would levy a $1,000 fine on any waiter who offers a customer an un-requested plastic straw. Next, they’ll be coming for the janitors and garbage men. I swear I don’t make this stuff up. Can we get that whole CalExit thing cranked back up again?
- Why did the FBI lie about losing those texts? That’s the big question for today, now that Jeff Sessions’ investigators at DOJ have made it clear they will be able to recover all of the “missing” 5 months of texts between deep state agents Peter Strzok and Lisa Page: Why did the FBI lie about this in the first place?
- No, don’t dare object to that characterization of what the FBI did here. They lied, pure and simple, when they claimed to the House Intelligence and Senate Judiciary Committees that the nation’s premier law enforcement agency had “failed to preserve” those texts due to a “glitch” in their system. Whomever made that claim on behalf of the agency knew full well that the FBI has gobs of forensics experts who can always, pretty much without exception, obtain texts and emails that even the most sophisticated perps have thought they had fully deleted. You honestly just cannot get rid of this digital information.
- So, why would representatives of the FBI lie about being unable to recover these texts? Did they think congress would just accept that obvious BS explanation and go away? Did they think that Jeff Sessions would facilitate their coverup? Did they expect FBI Director Christopher Wray to provide them cover?
- No idea what the answer is at this point, and it’s something the public may never know. But you have to believe there will be some pretty damning stuff in what is about to be recovered.
Just another day in lying FBI America.
That is all.
Follow me on Twitter at @GDBlackmon
Today’s news moves at a faster pace than ever. Whatfinger.com is my go-to source for keeping up with all the latest events in real time.