- Tired of all this Winning yet? Part I – Late last week, as it became increasingly apparent that the Democrats in the Senate were going to cause a shutdown of 14% of the federal government, various fake news media outlets carried reports predicting the stock market would tank on Monday if that were to happen. One clown on CNN or MSNBC, I forget which, predicted the Dow Jones would fall 1,300 points. He was apparently channeling Paul Krugman with that bit of hilarity. Of course, that did not happen. The Dow was up more than 140 points on Monday, while the S&P 500 and the NASDAQ rose to set new closing record highs. Just more Winning in Donald Trump’s America.
- Tired of all this Winning yet? Part II – Attorney General Jeff Sessions announced he is opening an investigation of his investigators, looking into the FBI’s claim to have “lost” 5 months of texts between deep state FBI Agent Peter Strzok and deep state FBI attorney Lisa Page. For those keeping count, in just the last month, AG Sessions has announced investigations into Uranium One, the Clinton Crime Family Fake Foundation, the Clinton email scandal, and the Project Cassandra scandal, in which the Obama Administration facilitated the activities of the terrorist organization Hezbollah in the United States. Mr. Sessions, who appeared to mostly sleep through 2017, has awakened with a vengeance these past few weeks. It’s going to be a very busy year for him.
- And speaking of WINNING, literally every snowflake, social justice warrior and Antifa terrorist on the radical political left went berserk on Monday when Cryin’ Chuckie Schumer caved and agreed to end the Great 14% Government Shutdown of 2018. One leftist clown named Murshed Zaheed, who heads some group of lunatics that calls itself CREDO, told an interviewer, “Call it the #SchumerSellout, Hashtagged.” Oooooooh, burn! Man, when a Democrat politician has been negatively ‘hashtagged” by some leftist nitwit who heads up a group no one has ever heard of, you know he’s in a real political mess.
- Then again, the clown has a point: Chuckie did indeed sell out on Monday, folding up like that $9 tent at Wal Mart when he received new polling data showing conclusively that he was losing the PR battle in this ill-conceived shutdown to the Republicans and Donald Trump, who had out-flanked him at every turn. Oh, the Democrats’ slavish agents in the fake news media did everything they could to try to prop their benefactors up throughout the day, but there is no doubt who the big loser here really is in a political sense.
- The simple fact of the matter is that Schumer and his fellow disgraceful, anti-American Democrats got literally nothing in the “deal” that was struck to end the shutdown. Schumer bragged about getting a commitment from Majority Leader Mitch McConnell and the President for a full debate and floor vote on the DACA question by February 8, but the President and congressional Republicans have been committed to doing that since last summer.
- Even worse for Schumer and his Democrat senate caucus, they’re going to find themselves right back in the same pickle in just three weeks. What’s the plan then, Chuckie? If Schumer can’t somehow convince Republicans in both the House and the Senate to award amnesty to 3.6 million illegal aliens who are somehow subject to this DREAMer status, then what? Is he going to order his compliant fellow Ds to shut 14% of the government down again, place the interests of illegals ahead of those of 330 million American citizens again, and make those horrible polling numbers in the new Harris Harvard Poll move even more in the favor of the Republicans?
- It is equally valid to ask what are the Republicans going to do in three weeks? Have they actually learned the clear lesson from this shutdown, which is that they have a clear advantage with the voting public on these immigration-related issues, and if they hold firm and don’t panic in the face of a barrage of negative media coverage, they finally have a guy in the White House who will turn them into winners?
- There is a clear deal to be struck here. It is completely transparent and unambiguous, and has been for several months now: The DREAMers get some form of legal status and a long and difficult “path to citizenship” that forces them to adhere to the normal, legal immigration requirements that everyone else who wishes to immigrate to the United States must follow. In exchange for that, chain migration is ended, the lunatic “diversity lottery” system is ended, and the border wall and other enhanced border security measures are fully and immediately funded.
- Harris Harvard and other polls show that strong majorities of Americans support every of those provisions. All the GOP members of congress have to do is stand firm on them and they will win again in February. If the Democrats want to fall on their collective sword over maintaining open borders, let them do it, and let President Trump tweet them to death from now through election day.
- Congressional Republicans have never had a more clear path to electoral victory than they do this very morning. Whether they like it or not, they have President Donald J. Trump (I still never get tired of typing those words) to thank for that happy circumstance.
Just another day in Trump just keeps on #Winning America.
That is all.
Follow me on Twitter at @GDBlackmon
Today’s news moves at a faster pace than ever. Whatfinger.com is my go-to source for keeping up with all the latest events in real time.