- Tired of all this Winning yet? Part I – The Dow Jones Industrials closed above 26,000 on Wednesday for the first time. The Dow is now up more than 40% since the day U.S. voters chose to elect Donald Trump to the office of the presidency.
- Tired of all this Winning yet? Part II – Apple, of all companies, announced that it will invest more than $350 billion in the U.S. economy over the next 5 years. The company said it “will commit $55 billion this year alone and plans on adding 20,000 new jobs over that time frame.” Apple CEO Tim Cook, no fan of President Trump, admitted that much of this new investment and job creation is directly attributable to the recently passed tax bill.
- So much Winning, but Wednesday was a day for fake news, as fake Republican Senator Jeff Flake took to the well of the senate to condemn President Trump for using the term, after which the President posted his first annual Fake News Awards at the GOP.com website. In between, CNN naturally got in on the act with its own latest bit of news fakery.
- Flake, the failed senator from Arizona who makes John McCain look like a loyal member of the GOP, spoke at mid-day before a virtually empty senate chamber. In his talk, he bizarrely claimed that the first amendment to the constitution renders U.S. news media completely exempt from criticism by the President or anyone else, and compared Mr. Trump to Joseph Stalin, the mass murderer of millions, because he regularly uses the term “fake news” to describe what is unarguably “fake news” that appears at news outlets like CNN, NBC, ABC, the Washington Post and the NY Times.
- In making his idiotic speech, Sen. Flake showed once again that he embodies everything ordinary Americans hate about politicians. He is utterly vain, completely without the slightest shred of loyalty, has no discernible set of political principles, and despite his incredibly low standing with his home state voters, possesses an amazingly inflated sense of his own self-importance.
- Only Jeff Flake believes that anyone other than Jeff Flake gives a flying rat’s ass what Jeff Flake thinks about this subject. The virtually empty chamber before which Flake gave his speech was the perfect metaphor for this empty suit of a politician.
- As if to prove Trump’s point, CNN couldn’t help weighing in with its latest in a long line of news fakery, courtesy of its resident fake doctor, the Trump-hating Sanjay Gupta. Having “diagnosed” the President from the CNN studio, Mr. Gupta, in a desperate last-ditch attempt to salvage the fake media’s “Trump is unfit to serve” narrative that was utterly decimated by White House Physician Ronny Jackson on Tuesday, claimed the President suffers from heart disease and is likely to have a heart attack in the next 3-5 years.
- That this armchair diagnosis by a fake TV “doctor” conflicted directly with the assessment given by the highly-respected White House physician who has served three different presidents matters not to the news fakers at CNN. Credibility is not a consideration a their network – only the narrative of the day that has been coordinated with the Democrat Party matters. Jackson described the President’s heart health as “amazing” for a man of his age, and said he has no concerns about Mr. Trump remaining perfectly healthy through not just one, but two terms in office. CNN simply could not allow that to stand, and Gupta’s report was its answer. Fake News, defined.
- Early Wednesday evening, the President posted his 2017 Fake News Awards at the GOP.com website. After he tweeted out the announcement, the traffic was so enormous that the site crashed within a few seconds.
- CNN walked away the night’s big winner, earning four of the ten trophies for fake stories like:
- Falsely editing video of the President with the Japanese Prime Minister to make it appear he carelessly over-fed fish on his visit to Japan;
- Having to fire three employees over a fake Russia-related story the network was forced to retract;
- Falsely reporting that Trump lied when he claimed that James Comey had told him he was not under investigation for Russia ties; and
- Falsely claiming that Donald Trump, Jr. had been given special access to WikiLeaks documents before they had been publicly released.
- ABC’s disgraced fake reporter Brian Ross landed the runner-up award for filing a fake report that momentarily crashed the stock market back in November. Ross was put on a month-long “leave” by ABC after his latest in a long line of fake reporting, but is now back at work for the fake news network.
- But the big winner of the night was the New York Times resident fake economist Paul Krugman, who gravely told America on election night 2016 that the stock markets would “never recover” from the election of Donald Trump to the presidency. As pointed out at the beginning of today’s update, the Dow is up more than 40% since Krugman – who actually owns a Nobel Prize in economics, proving just how fake the Nobel Committee has become – made his prediction.
- Given how the day went, it seems appropriate to point out that the word “Flake” is “Fake” with an “L” added in. The “L” is for loser.
Just another day in Donald Trump just keeps on Winning America.
That is all.
Follow me on Twitter at @GDBlackmon
Today’s news moves at a faster pace than ever. Whatfinger.com is my go-to source for keeping up with all the latest events in real time.