- Given that it’s the day before Thanksgiving and The Campaign Update will be taking tomorrow off, it seems like a good time to list some of the many things I’m thankful for in the world of politics and public policy.
- The first one is easy: I’m thankful that Hillary Clinton isn’t the president. It’s bad enough that she remains in the public eye, still doing everything she can to destroy our nation’s democracy, still cloying and grasping in a desperate effort to remain politically viable, but she isn’t president, and the nation is safe from that prospect for at least another 3 years.
- Second, I’m thankful Donald J. Trump is the President. Thankful for the roaring economy his roll-backs of Obama regulations have created. Thankful for the record-high closes in the stock markets on almost a daily basis. Thankful for his refusal to bend to the will of the fake news media or buy into the dictates of political correctness. Thankful for how crazy he drives liberals each and every day. Thankful for his refusal to bow to the leaders of other countries. Thankful for the sense of class and style he and First Lady Melania Trump have returned to the White House. Thankful to have a President who is simply willing to celebrate Christmas again. Thankful that he Never. Stops. Tweeting.
- Third, I’m thankful to the leaders of the Democrat Party, such as they are, and their utter failure to learn a single damn lesson from their humiliations in the 2016 elections. Rather than take those humiliations as an opportunity to moderate their policies and clean the corruption from their ranks, the Democrats have instead doubled down on the leftist radicalism that has taken them from the clear national majority they enjoyed as recently as 2010 to a shrinking, minority regional party centered in large cities along the East and West coasts. Their party leadership remains a motley collection of corrupt fools, their anti-Trump and anti-middle American rhetoric grows more shrill with each passing day. Cool.
- Fourth, I’m thankful for the fake reporters, fake editors, and fake talking heads who infest the fake national news media. Like the Democrat Party they all loyally serve, they have learned nothing from their own rejection in 2016, their double standards, biases and outright fabrications so blatantly obvious that no thinking person believes anything they have to say. Which is good for America, since there is no national mainstream media outlet that can be trusted anymore.
- Fifth, I’m thankful to James Comey and Hillary Clinton for their invention of the whole “Russia Collusion” fantasy play. No, really, I am, despite the abuses of power that are obvious in the Robert Mueller investigation. But that special counsel investigation is, intentionally or not, leading inexorably to the final downfall of not President Trump, but of Bill and Hillary Clinton. Without that special counsel, we would not now know that it was the Clinton Campaign and the DNC that funded the fake Trump Dossier. Without that special counsel, we would still be in the dark about the role James Comey’s FBI played in all of that as well. Without that special counsel, the whole Uranium One scandal would still be a secret buried in the bowels of hidden Justice Department records. Yeah, I’m thankful for Russia Collusion, because that fantasy has led to the revelation of so much reality, with much, much more to come.
- Finally, I’m thankful for all the women and former child actors who have been brave enough to come out in recent weeks and out so many monsters in Hollywood, the fake news media, and now in politics. Intentionally or not, they are showing America that the country’s leftwing institutions have long been cesspits of sexual depravity and abuse. This is a reckoning that has been a long time coming, and is likely just getting started.
- I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving. The Campaign Update will return on Friday.
Just another day in so much to be thankful for America.
That is all.
Follow me on Twitter at @GDBlackmon
Today’s news moves at a faster pace than ever. Whatfinger.com is my go-to source for keeping up with all the latest events in real time.