Today’s Campaign Update
(Because The Campaign Never Ends)
- So, the members of the Motion Picture Academy, a large portion of whom are no doubt sexual abusers of one form or another themselves, voted to kick Harvey Weinstein out of the membership of their illustrious group. Boy, that’ll show him.
- Late night talk show host and un-funny comic Jimmy Kimmel, fresh off of being proclaimed to be “America’s moral conscience” by some idiot writing for CNN, told a CNN fake journalist on Friday that “I am not America’s moral conscience.” Can somebody please let me know when this particular debate is over? Thanks.
- If you’re thinking the Clinton family is really going to return any of that Weinstein hush money they received over the last 20 years, watch the video at this link of Chelsea Clinton fleeing to the safety of her car to avoid answering any questions about it on Saturday. Not one thin dime of that quarter million that went into the Clinton Crime Family Fake Foundation will go anywhere else. Forget about it.
- Don’t look now – ok, go ahead and look – but the fake journalists who infest CNN are waking up to the fact that President Donald Trump (I still never get tired of typing that) is – gasp! – focusing his efforts on reversing the anti-American legacy of Barack Obama. Why, the nerve!
- Writing on CNN’s website on Friday, that keeper of the Obama flame Chris Cilizza says that “The key to understanding Trump’s motivations here are entirely contained in the ACA’s shorthand nickname: Obamacare. It’s named after the man — former President Barack Obama (duh) — who shepherded it into existence. And that’s exactly why Trump wants to get rid of it.” Yes, to the nitwits who pretend to be reporters and opinionists at Obama Central, Trump’s dismantling of an utterly failed government takeover of 1/6th of the nation’s economy has literally nothing to do with the undeniable fact that it is horrible policy that has taken many millions of Americans completely out of the health insurance system, and is 100% because Trump just doesn’t like Obama.
- This is what CNN calls “insightful analysis.” My goodness.
- Cilizza cannot bring himself to acknowledge the truth about Trump’s order to rescind Obama’s executive order that gave hundreds of millions in subsidies each year to insurance companies, which is that Obama’s order was patently unconstitutional. The Constitution clearly requires that all federal spending must be authorized by congress, and congress never authorized those payments. The fact is that Trump’s order is simply one piece of his ongoing campaign to return this country to the rule of law, a concept that was studiously ignored during Obama’s 8 years in office.
- So yes, the Trump presidency has thus far been largely focused on reversing the legacy of lawlessness that preceded it. this used to be known as responsible governance.
- And what a success this effort to erase the Obama legacy from our midst has been thus far. With the reversal of literally thousands of terrible, economy-killing regulations and dozens of patently illegal executive orders, Trump’s administration has demonstrated that the Obama “legacy” was almost entirely built on a foundation of matchsticks that would go up in flames with the election of any president who actually cares about the country.
- While the fake news media has done its best to ignore it, President Trump’s reversals of Obama’s failed legacy have also extended to the War on Terror, and the destruction of ISIS in Syria and Iraq, which is largely complete. Literally thousands of ISIS fighters in Syria and Iraq have surrendered over the past few weeks with barely a mention on the nightly newscasts, and ISIS is on the verge of defeat in the key strongholds of Raqqa and Mayadeen, leaving Boukamal as the terror group’s lone remaining harbor.
- Thus, just 9 months into his presidency, Trump’s military leaders have, working with Syria and others, almost wiped out the terrorist group that Obama fooled around with and allowed to grow throughout his second term in office. Chris Cilizza is no doubt horrified by this as well.
- But out here in Flyover Country, us Normals are pretty happy to see ISIS being wiped out, the stock market setting records almost every day, the economy booming, our manufacturing industries investing tens of billions of dollars in new plants and equipment, and even about having a President who is willing to refer to Christmas as “Christmas.”
- Chris Cilizza and the rest of the Obama-worshippers at CNN will never understand it, but all of this is exactly why Donald Trump is our President today.
Just another day in fake news America.
That is all.