Today’s Campaign Update
(Because The Campaign Never Ends)
- Tired of winning yet? Part I – The stock market indexes all closed at all-time record highs on Tuesday, marking about the 7,953rd time that has happened since Donald Trump was elected to the presidency. (yawn)
- Tired of winning yet? Part II – (This one is personal to me.) The U.S. soccer team failed to make it into the upcoming World Cup competition because the team fielded by the most powerful nation on earth could not defeat the team from…wait for it…wait for it…Trinidad and Tobago! I am so relieved! Now I won’t have to suffer through a year of half the people I know doing a bunch of virtue signaling about how much they just love this sport to which they pay literally no attention at all in 3 out of every 4 years. And I won’t have to see highlights of players from countries I’ve never even heard of faking major knee injuries so they can draw a yellow card, and then jumping up after 30 seconds and running off the field. And I won’t have to hear anyone tell me what a ‘beautiful’ and ‘exciting’ sport this incredibly tiresome, unendingly boring, tedious wreck of a game is. Thank God for this favor – I am incredibly grateful. Go, Trinidad and Tobago!
- Tired of winning yet? Part III – The U.S. Supreme Court dismissed the challenge to President Trump’s travel ban late Tuesday after months of idiotic and baseless litigation instigated by leftist Democrat state attorney generals and supported by leftist Obama appointee federal judges who hold no respect for the constitution. Cool.
- Tired of winning yet? Part IV – A few hours after President Donald J. Trump (I never get tired of typing that) issued a tweet early Tuesday morning questioning the current tax subsidies received by the National Football League, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell sent a memo to all 32 league team owners instructing them that “all players should stand for the national anthem.” Coincidence? I think not.
- Goodell’s move, of course, comes a little bit more than a year too late. It comes after the NFL has lost around 20% of its audience since currently unemployed ex-49ers QB Colin Kaepernick first did his attention-seeking kneel-down during the anthem at the behest of his marxist girlfriend on August 26, 2016. It comes after Goodell and the 32 owners stood silently by doing nothing as Kaepernick’s silly sideshow act slowly gained imitators at other teams as the 2016 season went along, and after the dam literally broke and disrespecting the flag and anthem became a league-wide fad this season.
- Goodell’s move comes after the NFL’s reputation as “America’s Game”, a title it had held for at least 40 years, had been tossed into the trash can, as the league has now been surpassed in public approval by both Major League Baseball and, at least temporarily, by the National Basketball Association. His memo comes after a month of acrimony between the league and the President of the United States, who has repeatedly urged the league to force the players to show a little respect for the country that has made them so fabulously wealthy and famous, and following Sunday’s walk-out of a game between the Colts and 49ers by Vice President Mike Pence. Goodell’s memo comes only after NFL teams all over the country have played games before half-empty stadiums that used to be host to standing-room-only crowds week after week.
- The sad part of all of this, if you’re an NFL fan like I used to be, is that every bit of this could have been completely avoided had Goodell, on August 27, 2016, made a phone call to the idiot owner of the San Francisco 49ers, and instructed him to bench a single player for a single game if he would not stand for the national anthem. But Goodell is a progressive moron, and didn’t have the sense to do that. Because of that, we have for the last 13 months witnessed what is without a doubt the greatest self-inflicted wound in the history of organized sports, a wound from which the NFL may never really recover. Tough.
- Meanwhile, in Harvey Weinstein news… – The proverbial dam really broke Tuesday on the Harvey Weinstein scandal, as all the no-guts celebrities and politicians who knew about this scumbag all along but lacked the courage to do anything about it suddenly found their voices now that the big Hollywood muckety-muck no longer holds any power over them. Most of them still lied about the matter, claiming to be ‘shocked’ and ‘appalled’, but they all knew. Hell, Weistein’s behavior towards women was such common knowledge that Seth McFarlane joked about it on national TV during the Oscar ceremonies in 2013, and Tina Fey was writing gag lines about it on the TV show 30 Rock.
- But as I told you a couple of days ago, Weinstein will be right back working in Hollywood within a year. Right on cue, as his world was seemingly crumbling around him, he told the people at the New York Post’s Page 6 that he was flying off to a rehab clinic somewhere in Europe (Hey, maybe Roman Polanski can be his therapist!) and promised them that he was already planning on resuming his career in 2018.
- If you doubt he’ll be able to achieve that, well, just watch. Weinstein is a leftist icon, and the political left will always try to rehabilitate its icons regardless of how badly they act. Hell, they re-elected Bill Clinton to the presidency for a second term, do you think they’ll just toss a major donor like good ol’ Harvey aside because he abused a few women? Don’t kid yourselves. These are progressives we’re talking about here. No amount of depravity is too much for these people.
Just another day in Trump just keeps winning America.
That is all.