Today’s Campaign Update
(Because The Campaign Never Ends)
- It’s what they do; it’s who they are. – Well, U.S. intelligence agencies have determined that the Crazy Little Fat Guy (CLFG) over in North Korea now has the ability to deliver a nuclear warhead on his ICBMs, and liberal heads exploded all over America’s fake news media and the social media space. No, they didn’t explode at the news that CLFG has deliverable nukes – that would be far too sensible. Nor did their progressive heads explode with anger at former President Bill Clinton for his horrible 1994 deal with Pyong Yang that set the wheels in motion for this to happen, nor at George W. Bush and Barack Obama for fecklessly allowing the situation to fester for the last 16 years, joining Clinton in happily passing the buck off to the next guy.
- No, liberal heads exploded because President Donald Trump said the following in response: “North Korea best not make any more threats to the United States. They will be met with fire and fury like the world has never seen… he has been very threatening beyond a normal state. They will be met with fire, fury and frankly power the likes of which this world has never seen before.” But let’s be honest: President Trump could have sung the lyrics to “Hey, Jude” or recited the Gettysburg Address and gotten the same response. If he opens his mouth, liberal heads are going to explode.
- My first question about this whole episode is why should we trust the word of our intelligence agencies in their assertion that CLFG is now a threat to the U.S. mainland? These intel agencies have consistently demonstrated beyond any doubt that they are not trustworthy, and frankly, that they are not patriots. Their constant stream of leaks and false narratives over the last 7 months has severely hampered the ability of this President to govern the country, intentionally so. These agencies are not staffed with patriots, they are by and large staffed with skunks and snakes, the worst sort of DC swamp creatures who leak classified information and put others’ lives at risk for their own self-aggrandizement. There is no reason whatsoever to worry that Denver is in danger of being vaporized by North Korea based on the words of this collection of seditionists.
- Indeed, the expressed threat yesterday from Pyong Yang was aimed at…wait for it…GUAM, which happens to be the nearest U.S. territory to North Korean shores. Not Los Angeles, not Seattle, not Anchorage, not even Honolulu. Guam. Given his pretty consistent past behavior, it seems logical to believe that, if CLFG really had the ability to threaten a major U.S. city with his nukes, he’d be directing his threats there. I mean, c’mon, threatening the tiny island of Guam is like kicking a kitten. CLFG won’t get any street cred for that.
- Bottom line here: If you’re losing sleep in your bedroom in Texas over this intel-agency alleged threat, you’re most likely making yourself drowsy over nothing.
- Interestingly, Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov was the cool head in the room on Tuesday, advising everyone to remain calm. Go figure. Lavrov correctly pointed out that this kind of sabre rattling is how Pyong Yang has always responded to escalating sanctions from the UN (which were agreed upon over the weekend): “Strictly speaking, this is how representatives of the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea have reacted to all previous U.N. Security Council resolutions,” he said, “We will judge by their actions.”
- Of course, were Trump to agree with Lavrov, Rod Rosenstein would immediately appoint another Special Counsel to investigate, and Wolf Blitzer’s beard would sprinkle to the floor at CNN headquarters.
Just another day in Everybody Chill Out, Please America.
That is all.