Today’s Campaign Update
(Because The Campaign Never Ends)
- Tired of winning yet? – the Dow closed at yet another all-time record high on Tuesday, now approaching the 22,000 level. It has now risen almost 20% since Election Day. Second quarter GDP growth – the first full quarter of the Trump presidency – was pegged at 2.6%, equaling the highest growth rate the economy ever saw during Barack Obama’s 8-year regulatory free-for-all. We should expect to see even higher growth rates as the current administration continues to remove the regulatory shackles from the nation’s industries.
- Couldn’t happen to a nicer guy. – Sara Carter at Circa News, one of the handful of real working journalists still active in the nation’s capital, reports that former Obama National Security Advisor Ben Rhodes has been added to the House Intelligence Committee’s growing list of suspects in the illegal unmasking investigation. Rhodes joins the mugshot lineup that already includes Obama-era luminaries like Samantha Power, John Brennan and Susan Rice. You may remember Rhodes, who is most famous for openly admitting to an interviewer that the Obama Administration and fake news media regularly coordinated narratives and messages.
- My God, dude, have you no life at all? – After President Trump used the term “Paddy Wagon” in a speech to law enforcement officials last week, the fake editors at the Washington Post thought it would be a great idea to run a 700 word dissertation by some guy named James Mulvaney about why this “slur” is “insulting…to Irish Americans”. Mr. Mulvaney, like almost every leftist in the United States, has no sense of humor. Fair warning to parents of college-age children with law-degree aspirations: Mulvaney is adjunct professor at John Jay College of Criminal Justice, at least if the WaPo can be believed on that point, which as we have found, is an unsafe assumption at best. The lesson here is, don’t let your kids attend John Jay College.
- Wait, wasn’t Bain Capital the Devil to you guys just 5 years ago? – Don’t look now, but Politico reports that Barack Obama has decided that the Democrats’ best hope to run against Donald Trump in 2020 is…wait for it…wait for it…DEVAL PATRICK! What’s that? The name sounds sort familiar but you really have no idea who that is? Yeah, that’s the point. For those who, like me, had a hard time recalling exactly who this clown is while reading that story, Mr. Patrick is an ex-Governor of Massachusetts, something that, in addition to being an executive at Bain Capital, he has in common with Mitt Romney. You remember Bain Capital, right? That’s the firm that, in 2012, was portrayed by the Obama campaign and the fake news media as representing everything that is wrong with America. Five years later, it’s no big deal. But whatever, trust me on this: If the 2020 Democrat field is made up of 80 year-old communist Bernie Sanders, 74 year-old lifetime criminal Hillary Clinton, 70 year-old fake Indian Elizabeth Warren and an obscure ex-Governor of Massachusetts, the Party might as well not even bother.
- How did this get into the NYTimes? – Don’t look now, but a member of the editorial staff at the NYTimes somehow slipped an op-ed piece past his colleagues titled “When Progressives Embrace Hate”. Nevermind, of course, that American progressives have embraced hate since the day American progressives became a thing, this is the NYTimes we’re talking about here. This is actual (pardon the pun) progress! The editor, Bari Weiss, writes about 800 words about how awful it is that the organizers of the Women’s March last January included the hate-mongering Islamist Linda Sarsour, and how repugnant it is that this hateful woman continues to be embraced by American progressives. That’s all true, and it is indeed nice of at least one person on the NYTimes editorial board to finally notice Ms. Sarsour’s true nature, but it’s hilarious that Ms. Weiss thinks this is all somehow a surprise. Had she been paying any attention at all, she would know that the entire progressive philosophy is based on hate. But, to quote the great John McClain, “Welcome to the party, pal.”
Just another day in fake news media America.
That is all.