Today’s Campaign Update
(Because The Campaign Never Ends)
- On Monday, the Democrats rolled out their new Papa Johns-plagiarized slogan: “A Better Deal: Better Jobs, Better Wages, Better Future.” The slogan was so silly, so hokey, so obviously not having to do with anything today’s Democrat Party is all about that even the Democrat operatives at MSNBC mocked it mercilessly (though CNN dutifully played along). The Party’s strategy, of course, was to yet again attempt to fool the American people that it had a focus on jobs and helping the average American have a better life. The truth, of course, is that the Party and its agenda were long ago co-opted by Social Justice Warriors and Enviro-Nazis, which is the fundamental reason why the Republican Party holds every lever of power in the nation’s capital today.
- But Chuck Schumer, Nancy Pelosi and the lunatics who are in charge of the DNC know they can’t actually change their focus to things that actually make a difference in Americans’ daily lives, so instead they paid some consultant millions of dollars to paraphrase a slogan off a Papa John’s pizza box. Now, they thought, we can focus on our nifty new slogan, and pretend we care about the middle class! It’ll be awesome! High fives were flying at DNC Headquarters. But then, on Wednesday, the President started tweeting….
- …and part of his daily tweet storm that day was a two-tweet announcement that the U.S. military would no longer accept trans-gender applicants and force the U.S. middle class taxpayers to foot the bill for their trans-gender surgeries while they served. In response, the Democrats and their agents who make up 98% of the nation’s news media went stark raving mad. The Party’s focus was right back in the hands of the SJWs, the efforts to change the subject instantly forgotten.
- Slogan? What slogan?
- Tired of winning yet? – The Taiwanese company FoxConn announced it is investing more than $10 billion in a new manufacturing plant in Wisconsin, a move that will create 13,000 American jobs. President Trump wisely held a joint announcement in the White House with the company’s CEO. Immediately after, heads could be heard exploding all over CNN headquarters in Atlanta.
- Tired of winning yet, Part II? – On Wednesday, the Dow, the NASDAQ and the S&P 500 indices all reached all-time highs. The fake news media – except for Fox News – were all too busy screaming about presidential tweets to notice.
- The NYPost reports that Dancing With The Stars is currently in negotiations with…wait for it….wait for it…SEAN SPICER! That. Is. Awesome. Go for it, big guy.
- Kid Rock, who is running for the U.S. Senate in Michigan against the execrable Debbie Stabenow, announced on his website that he will be registering people to vote…at his performances! Those loud noises you heard yesterday were heads exploding at DNC Headquarters. Yeah, they were exploding over the President’s tweets, but they would have exploded over this, too, had they had the chance.
- After 9 Republican senators voted against the initial Obamacare repeal and replace bill on Tuesday evening, 7 GOP senators compounded the Party’s mendacity by joining all Democrats in voting down a repeal-only bill on Wednesday. Five of those seven had voted for the exact same bill in the past when they knew Barack Obama would veto it: Lisa Murkowski, John McCain, Rob Portman, Shelly Capito, and Lamar Alexander. Dean Heller of Nevada wasn’t around in the Obama years, so he gets a pass on the hypocrisy, and, as I mentioned yesterday, Susan Collins has never in the past voted in favor of Obamacare repeal, consistently siding with her soulmates in the Democrat Party. Hopefully, all seven will receive strong primary challengers. They deserve them.
Just another day in Democrat heads exploding and fake Republican mendacity America.
That is all.