Today’s Campaign Update
(Because The Campaign Never Ends)
- Tired of winning yet?: There were lots of long faces at CNN last night. They and the rest of the fake national news media spent the last two months telling all of us that the Georgia House District 6 race, in which their fake polls showed Democrat Pajama Boy leading Republican Karen Handel, would become “a referendum on President Donald Trump”, who won the traditionally Republican district by just 2% of the vote last November. Ms. Handel, of course, won last night’s election easily, as all the polls that just a week ago predicted an easy win for Pajama Boy were proved wrong yet again. The final vote count shows that Ms. Handel in fact won by a healthy 4% margin despite having been outspent by 4 to 1, so if this election was a referendum on the President’s performance in office thus far, the referendum’s verdict is that he’s doing pretty well. Don’t expect the fake reporters and talking heads in the fake news media to concede that obvious reality.
- Instead, expect them to pretend that Handel “ran away from Trump and his agenda”, even though she spent most of her campaign boasting about her plans to repeal and replace Obamacare and cut taxes. We will no doubt also see them all in unison start saying that the upcoming Virginia governor’s race is the “real” referendum on Trump, even though 3 of the last 4 governors in that state have been Democrats. And finally, expect them all to drop the subject in unison late this morning, and shift the focus back to the Democrats’ Russia collusion and obstruction fantasy plays, because that’s what losers do when they lose, and America has no bigger class of losers today than the Democrat Party and the fake national news media.
- We have now had five special elections to replace GOP members of congress who were tapped to serve in the Trump Administration over the last few months, and the Democrats, despite pouring gigantic amounts of George Soros and Hollywood money into four of them (they pretty much ignored last night’s election in South Carolina), and despite the best efforts of their agents in the fake news media to dummy up fake polls and actively campaign for the Democrat candidates in each race, now stand with 0 wins and 5 losses.
- But hey, they do have 4 “moral victories”, in which they came fairly, kinda sorta close to winning. As I posted on Facebook last night, if the Democrats can just raise 87 billion dollars from Soros and their crowd of low IQ Hollywood dupes for the 2018 mid-terms, they will finish with 76 moral victories and 0 actual wins. In focusing on moral victories as a justification to keep doing what they’ve been doing over and over and over again, the Democrats have become the political version of the Cleveland Browns.
- Any political party made up of thoughtful, fairly honest people would take this moment to engage in a little serious introspection to try to genuinely figure out what it is doing wrong, and devise a plan to change directions in an effort to start actually winning elections somewhere, anywhere, again. But the Democrat Party today is dominated pretty much entirely of nasty, dishonest, thoughtless thugs who are utterly incapable of engaging in the sort of serious self-analysis and change that would be required to put it back onto a winning path. So we should expect them and their press agents in the fake news media to simply double down on what they call “The Resistance”, continue to simply oppose everything the Republicans try to do for the sake of opposing, and continue to encourage rioting in the streets and violence against their political opposition.
- Sadly, the leadership of the Democrat Party today appears to be far more interested in starting a civil war – seriously – than in finding a way to start winning elections again. Their complete lack of anything resembling contrition and responsibility-assumption following last week’s shooting of the House Majority Whip and four others by a lunatic Bernie Sanders campaign worker is just the latest in a long line of indicators of this new reality. Considering that they continue as a group to allow their tactics to be funded and dominated by an evil old Hungarian Nazi, this really should not come as a surprise to anyone.
- Today is a day for Republicans to celebrate a real victory, yet again. That never gets old. But this day, and every day, is also a day for vigilance, so long as the Democrats continue to do literally nothing to curb the worst impulses in their increasingly unhinged voter base.
Just another day in Winning Never Gets Old America.
That is all.